main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Stan's Bar (OOC thread for Marvel Heroes: Resurgence)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by greyjedi125, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Kahn_Iceay! Just don't roll that when you're in the middle of a crisis!! [face_laugh]

Ameteth likes this.
  2. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I had no idea this was here! My alerts didn't tell me I was tagged. Sorry! :)

And I'm curious about this rolling dice thing...I'll have to give it a try. :p

Edit: That's decent, right? :p

greyjedi125 likes this.
  3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Never really have used this silly dice roller before... :p
    well... in years :D

hmmmm,,,,

4. G3-001C

G3-001C Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2016
    Ahh, Always fashionably late to the party. I Didn't get any notifications about this until now. Glad to meet all of you and to pick up Forum style RP again. I've been trying on Tumblr for years and I just can't seem to keep up. Hopefully this will prove to be easier because I can always go back and 'back-read' without having to go on some kind of wild goose-chase treasure-hunt.

As for Rupert, ACE loves cats. And not in the 'i'm gunna eat them' way. He might be made of wire and hard metal, but he's got a soft artificial heart.
    And for the matter of dieing, ACE has no intention of doing anything like that any time soon. I appreciate your concern for him!

I'm excited to see where this is all going to go. I love the diversity of characters and Muns, and everyone appears to be the 'writing' type. SO this should be one heck of an adventure!

Also. I can see I'm going to have to warm these Dice up. That was a junk throw, for sure.

greyjedi125 and Tim Battershell like this.
  5. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Alright let's see if I can get a decent dice roll for an actual post in game shall we?

Gunkata activation = 5 + bonus = Success (spend 5 points)
    Gunkata single target, Aimed shot = 5 + bonus = Success (spend 2 points)

Actions to be preformed in up coming post, Gunkata activation (instant, 10 minute duration) Gunkata aimed shot (instant). Points spent: 7

Weapon to be used "Memento Mori" .44 magnum, match/custom grade Стечкин OTs silenced round.

Target: Object being dropped

6. Darth Vortex

Darth Vortex Jedi Knight star 1

May 19, 2013
    How exactly do I roll the dice?

Tim Battershell likes this.
  7. G3-001C

G3-001C Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2016
    After you've finished and posted, if you look on the bottom right hand corner of your post you will see an option labeled "More Options." Click this and you will see the option to 'roll dice'. You can change the parameters of the dice roller, but the default is for a 6 sided dice. Roll once, and it should appear on your post with an option right next to the first Dice graphic to 'roll another dice'.

8. Darth Vortex

Darth Vortex Jedi Knight star 1

May 19, 2013
    Ok. So I should wait after my next post?

9. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    You'll roll dice here, when you need to for a post. i.e. I only had to roll because my character activated one of his special abilities and fired a weapon, had I not done that I wouldn't have needed to roll a dice and would have just had a narrative.

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Wow! Quite please to see all this activity. Finally someone posted a lower roll than me! :p

G3-001C, that's 4d6 not 2d6! LOL!! Keep practicing.

Kahn_Iceay, is about to show us that Alastor is a real Grammaton Cleric. ( Nice rolls!!I can see this won't be easy!) :p

spacelady, Why can't I get nice rolls lie that. LOL! Good going. (Someone must be jinxing my dice!! ) Glad you found us spacey! :)

Ktala, I see you got a moderate success roll. W00T!! Good to see.

Darth Vortex, I shall inform you in your update when you MUST make and in-game roll, however, you can definitely get used to the system like 'Alastor' is doing, buy rolling in this thread. Just be careful not to roll snake eyes! :p

And yes, I shall be updating Varnage soon. I have not forgotten you or anyone else. :)

Ameteth and Tim Battershell like this.
  11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Well, when in Rome...

Edit: Kinda wanna roll one more to see if I can get a 1. Now I wanna watch Cowboy Bebop.

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    This just in: I have a significant fever,so there will be delays to some updates. Doing all I can to stay medicated and get well as soon as possible, but we all know these things don't simply vanish with a snap of a finger. ( or do they? [face_thinking] ) That is all for now.

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Oh, also: When rolling dice in-game, please do not edit the post you rolled in. An 'edit' notification automatically makes the post invalid, fyi.

14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Ameteth and greyjedi125 like this.
  15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks, Tim Battershell. Much appreciated. Working on a quick recovery.

16. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Guess I better triple check for grammar before posting, then.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  17. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I compose in Notepad (putting a space at the beginning of every blank line - ENTER-SPACE-ENTER) then copy/paste into Word for a spelling/grammar check; correcting as needed. Only thing it doesn't do is ensure I've cancelled any BB codes I've used - but I usually manage to spot and correct those slips when I preview before posting.

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Tag: Voices? Really, Darth_Elu? I doubt 'they' get posting notifications. That's gonna be a long wait! :p *j/k*

All the posts are so good! Yum!I'll do my best to keep things moving and rolling.[face_dancing]

19. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Hmph. I usually tag characters instead of players, more immersive to me. No need for notifications, if you're not checking the game for new posts generally then you're not truly interested in the game. I keep to the old ways here. *nods*

But fine, fine. I'll tag players next time. :p

greyjedi125 likes this.
  20. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Alert notifications are pretty sporadic for me, so I always check the threads whenever there's a new post.

21. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I became a little lazy and had been starting to rely on notifications. Hence I fell behind in Imp's game :( Now I am resurrecting myself to the old ways, check.

Grey, don't forget the [face_chicken]Soup ;)

greyjedi125 likes this.
  22. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    What I was doing was I started writing, got to a point where I knew I would need to do a dice roll, and then made a post here with the roll, to determine success or failure on Alastor's part. As such that last post of mine was a kind of dry run of that concept. So basically I knew that Alastor was going to open up with instinctively firing on the 'object' to keep it from falling into the crowd. So I did the activation and aim rolls to determine if it succeeded or failed and then went from there. I didn't feel a need to roll intimidation for his speech :p

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Kahn_Iceay, the intimidation speech would have been the only thing I'd have you roll for actually in that scene. The two actions Alastor took were basically guaranteed rolls ( given his bonus ) in a non-critical situation, hence why no actual in-game roll was required. Seeing the dry run was superb!! I sense you understand the system perfectly and it's good practice besides! But don't worry, you'll be doing in-game rolls soon enough, so we both need to warm up! :p

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I couldn't agree more my friend, and thank you. :)

PS: The in-house dice roller.....ugh![face_frustrated]=((

Mit-Fisto Thanks! I'm taking in soup, tea, echinacea, ginseng, name it! something's gotta work! [face_praying]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  25. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    In Resurgence (and Civil War) related news... #TeamCap
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.