main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Stan's Bar (OOC thread for Marvel Heroes: Resurgence)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by greyjedi125, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Should I wait for a tag with my meeting with Director Hill?

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I thought you were taking a break from the Forums my friend. I'll have a tag for you in short order.

EDIT:

galactic-vagabond422

'A Father's Love, Pt.1' =D= Bravo! I totally enjoyed that bit of backstory. I look forward to part 2.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  3. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I was, but our game here moves slower than others and I can keep up with it easily.

greyjedi125 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Then, that's a good thing for everyone in my estimation.

I've been tied up the last few days ( no, not literally :p ). I should have something very soon. Sorry for the wait.

Mitth_Fisto and E. L.Knight like this.
  5. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    No problem!

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Ameteth & galactic-vagabond422

Excellent post between Zephyr and Casey. Well played!! =D=

The spectrum widens. *is presently very pleased* :)

Ameteth and galactic-vagabond422 like this.
  7. Ameteth

Ameteth Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Thank you @greyjedi125, I feel very fortunate to be able to participate in this exciting thread and to collab with someone as deeply talented as @galactic-vagabond422. So far I'm having a great time delving into everyone's journey through the world of MARVEL HEROES: RESURGENCE, can't wait for what's to come :D

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    *bows*

It is my singular pleasure my friend, and thank you for the kind words. I hope our 'galactic friend' is just as pleased. ;)

Also, I recommend everyone go see Dr.Strange. Cumberbatch actually does a pretty good job in this very entertaining MCU title. :)

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Re. Mr Zingari

As I, through Mary, test Jocasta's limits, I have to wonder how Zingari stole things from SHIELD undetected.

But does it now mean that he in fact liberated it from a submerged and flooding tactical heli-carrier, which I would imagine to be a different kettle of fish in terms of the AI's coverage?

10. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Alastor preformed his heist prior to Jocasta being integrated across SHIELD. But he also had/has access to some sophisticated Intrusion equipment.

Sent using Tapatalk

Mitth_Fisto, greyjedi125 and Sith-I-5 like this.
  11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Munches on popcorn. [face_tee_hee]

12. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Jocasta:
    [​IMG]

greyjedi125 likes this.
  13. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Logic would actually be the focal point of one of those intrusion tools, specifically logic bombs. A program that bombards a network (or in this case an A.I.s control network) with progressively intensifying logic questions and equations, forcing the A.I. to dedicate processing power to either answer the questions to satisfy the program, which simply unlocks more and more questions, or to block out those ports, which bogs down the network. Once the network is slowed enough, or the A.I. has dedicated so much processing power to satisfying the constant assault on it's intelligence the program deploys malicious code in the hopes that the A.I. and network are unstable at that point and can't successfully deal with it. Logic bombs are an overt form of intrusion software however, and given an intelligence system such as JOCASTA even if she can't deal with them she can likely have enough time to alert someone of an intrusion. Other subversive means, like L.E.G.I.O.N. which masks itself as legitimate network data and then dominates a system from the inside like a good old trojan. There are even more aggressive forms of Logic Bombs, a good example of this is the Lincoln Tunnel Camp mission in The Division if you play it, in which I.S.A.C. The Division's A.I. (Intelligence System's Analytical Computer) causes the server farm for a group of mercenaries trying to take over sections of Manhattan to literally think itself to death, causing the processors to overheat and fry. It's actually a good example of high end logic bombs on a standard system because the Time To Kill on them is just a matter of moments, Jocasta would be more capable of dealing with such things and would be intelligent enough to actually shut herself down to avoid demise, but that would achieve the same goal anyway of bypassing her.

Mitth_Fisto, greyjedi125 and Sith-I-5 like this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I used to work in IT. A long time since I knew what a logic bomb was.

15. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Granted my version of logic bombs are more cyberpunk based, on the likes of Ghost in the Shell and Deus Ex than actual Logic Bombs. A similar basis tho, once a per-determined condition is met, activate code, etc. There's a fair bit more fiction and technobabble to them than real life IT situations, but I do try and use my real life IT knowledge to make the things that my characters do in cyberspace at least a bit realistic.

A Blind Prophet and greyjedi125 like this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah right!

I accepted everything that you wrote at face value, assuming things had advanced A LOT since my knowledge was relevant.

The activation on a pre-determined condition, like the Friday 13th virus(?), is more like I remembered.

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    So, as some of you have been made aware, things have been more than a little crazy at work. This might last for another week, or so, I'm told. UGH!

That being said, I'm planning to post the next update on Wednesday, that is, if my schedule remains the same. *crosses fingers*

Anyone who plans to do an individual post, please do it by then. I will do all I can to get to any pending combos.

Know that you guys are my heroes, for sure. :)

Darth_Elu, Sith-I-5 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    There's only one way to defeat Logic Bombs.

Illogic Bombs. [face_devil]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Here I thought it could only be defeated by the Idiot Spam reply et als or River Denial Block :p

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Those too. :p

21. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    i'll second the "go see dr. strange" it was really well done. they even made magic make sense visually without needing to explain it. at least to me.

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Well.....DRL strikes again! ugh!.

Please send some positive energy if you can.

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    *Waves hands* Feel the Force Meta powers positive flows surround us, bind us, holds the universe together breaking down barriers!

greyjedi125, Darth_Elu and Ktala like this.
  24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *is sending massive amount of positive Meta Energy toward greyjedi125 *

greyjedi125 likes this.
  25. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    ye shall survive, and come forth stronger for thine efforts of will and perseverance. so it has been written, so shall it be.

greyjedi125 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.