Star by Star Audio excerpt

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mecca-Don, Oct 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jainasolo2001 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope, it's Tekli, for sure, I listened to it 5 times now, TD said he made his own characters up, so I suppose that Tekli is one of them. WHERE'S ZEKK- kill Jimmy all you want but don't kill ZEKK!
  2. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Who thinks Jaina's soon going to use a thought bomb ? :D

BTW how does a thought bomb look like ? A massive ball of pure force energy, right ? Well, if it does, then I'd really like to see SSJ4 (Sûpâ Saiyajedi Level 4) Jaina use it...

Hum... I guess I watch too much DBGT those times...
  3. BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Knight

star 2
    I listened to it again, i guess it is telki...
    Anyway, are the Jedi using some sort of new blaster because i have no idea what a long blaster is. Maybe some kind of really big laser, cause Jaina had to prop it up on her shoulder. i don't know.
  4. jainasolo2001 Jedi Master

star 4
    Long-blaster: Sort of a rifle/oozie, designed to do alot of damage. Hence, the head sized hole in the first Vong and the fist sized hole in the one behind him. ;)
  5. Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Knight

star 1
    this may seem REALLY silly, but why aren't the jedi using lightsabres?

*prepares to get mauled by people more intelligent than himselve* ;)
  6. Sticks Force Ghost

star 4
    *Mauls Nighthawk_Andy*

*proceeds to weep uncontrollably* Poor little Ani. I HATE YOU, TROY DENNING!!!

No, no I don't. :D Kill 'em all! Except Jaina! And Jag! Muahahahahahahaha!
  7. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, after hearing the audio excerpt, all I have to say is: I have an unbelievable amount of respect for Anakin Solo now. I did before, but it just quadrupled. After hearing this, hearing his sacrifices, his complete lack of regard for himself...how anyone could ever say he was glory hungry, overconfident, whatever...is just beyond me. This kid knows what it is to be a Jedi better than anyone else, possibly even better than Luke. Man...if he's gonna go, at least he's going to go out in a blaze of glory. This guys is going to be the Jedi that all other Jedi should strive to model themselves after in the future. Hopefully he will continue to serve a purpose after this. Wow. Incidentally, I can't wait for SbS now. My anger at Anakin dying is starting to subside, when I just heard what he did in the process of that death...the guy is truly cool.

JMA
  8. MAD6121 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I listened to excerpt and I...didn't like it. I don't know why. I listened to it twice and it failed to grasp me I guess. I guess I wasn't all that impressed by it.
  9. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    "My anger at Anakin dying is starting to subside, when I just heard what he did in the process of that death...the guy is truly cool."

At last somebody who understood WHY we should not judge an event without having read what surrounds it. It was exactly the point RAS raised when he recently posted about this subject. Good. Now if people could all start to realize that, it'd be great...
  10. Eldritch009 Jedi Master

star 4
    Did they take it down already? When I follow the link, there's nothing but the page to order the book. No soundfile or anything.
  11. Freyja Jedi Master

star 4
    It would appear so.
  12. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Mouahahhaahhaah

(sorry)

Want the file ?
  13. jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just go to the unjoh page. They're hosting it.
  14. JWK Jedi Master

star 4
    So it is True!
    It is True! :eek:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  15. Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Where exactly does it say Anakin dies??

I'm not saying I think he lives, because I hope he dies. I wish all the Solo brats died.
  16. BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Knight

star 3
    it was taken down!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO nooo please where are other places to get that audio file?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!/!!
  17. Qwi_Xux Force Ghost

star 4
    Aurra--go to www.unjoh.com and scroll down to the updates.
  18. JadedofMara Jedi Master

star 4
    Admiral Kettch...you kick @$$! Thank you so much for typing this up...i dont have the speaker capabilities to listen to it...and wow. So its true. I didn't understand at first what was happening but ive read it a couple fo times and wow. Thats really pretty intense. I think im gonna like Star by Star...
  19. Tahiri Jedi Master

star 4
    Star by Star will definitely be the best book in the series so far...at least, it seems so. I like the way it sounds so far (writing-wise), although I'm still pulling for Anakin's survival... ;)

EDIT: By the way, Tekli is not a made-up character...She's Cighal's apprentice, and is in the beginning of Balance Poiint during the small meeting that Luke and some other Jedi have...I think she's a chadra fan...
  20. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    a Chadra fan was mentioned as well.

Really bothers me how young or unready all those Jedi on the mission are. "Hey, this is a vital mission! Anakin, take your emotional baggage who is way too headstrong! In fact, take em all!" Ick.
  21. Tahiri Jedi Master

star 4
    It makes you realize how deperate things are getting, and at the same time, maybe how much better the younger Jedi have gotten.
  22. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    But you still wouldnt do that, not realistically. There are some super gifted 25 year olds in the Military, doesnt mean they start commanding commando assaults, does it?
  23. JadedofMara Jedi Master

star 4
    Its all summed up in one word, ReaperFett, Uberkinden. Uberkinden.
  24. Katarn15 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think this shows how much Anakin has matured and grown up since VP. He knows that he's the only one who can stop the Vong and sacrifices himself to save everyone else. I think that Anakin dying will finally make the Jedi unite together against the Vong, and that Kyp and Luke will set aside their differences.
  25. BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think people who don't origionally listen to audio books get turned off by the audio excerpts. I know i did, but i got past the ponounciations which i thought were wrong and other annoying little things and enjoyed the words and how they were said by the narrator.

If lightsabers have trouble cutting the crab armour, wouldn't you opt for something....a little bigger? They used lightsabers, but they used the blaster when it was needed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.