main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star by Star Audio excerpt

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mecca-Don, Oct 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _admiral_kettch_

_admiral_kettch_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    You're welcome those without speakers, I know how you felt.:)

Somebody told me that Jaina's curse that I couldn't understand was Hutt Breath, BTW. lol

2. Legolas42

Legolas42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2001
    That does make a lot more sence than Hot Breath

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    thank you for telling me the audio file is at unjoh! I wanted to listen to it. I am so glad its NOT Anthony Heald reading the books anymore! :p

4. Marie

Marie Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2001
    In "Dark Journey" it talks about Jaina's thirst for revenge, and "supposedly" she turns to the dark side. (It IS called Dark Journey...) Do you think that she could be getting revenge for Anakin's death, and that's why she supposedly turns to the dark side? Just a thought...

5. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks Ketch for writing that up! This book is going to kick alot of arse!!!

6. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    WOW!

The excerpt is outstanding. I can't believe they'd unlease that part.

7. JEDIMASTERJAMESO

JEDIMASTERJAMESO Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    Well...

I always suspected Anakin might be the one to die and i reckon he still might be. It sort of struck when i read a bout Dark Journey: 'After a deep personal loss, Jain Solo...' which made me think, maybe Jacen or Anakin dies. After all, Anakin is supposed to spearhead the mission.I was sure it wasn't Luke, Mara, Wedge, Han, Jaina, Leia or Lando because Jaina's in Dark Jouney and the rest are in Rebel Dream. So it kinda fits.

I'll be sad to see Anakin go, though.

8. _admiral_kettch_

_admiral_kettch_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    Yeah, anakin was always the most likely, since Jacen was confirmed to have a novel centering on him later in the series from a Star Wars Insider issue(the Keyes interview I believe).

9. Mike17

Mike17 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2001
    What if everything that happens is just a vision? Like if ****** saw this all happening before it does. He sees himself die in a vision, gets stuck in the same situation, but ***** uses Dark-Side powers to save ******?

Just a thought

10. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I'm still in shock they releashed that exerpt. You'd think it gives away the major event. But maybe they know that we know and have known so they knew that it was ok if we knew.

11. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    If I hadn't known the spoiler in advance, I wouldn't have guessed that he would've died from that excerpt. Our heroes are in deep dodo all the time, yet they always find a way out. Let's face it, if they'd released an excerpt from CotJ or CoPL with Luke dying or almost dying, none of us would think he'd actually die. Same here, the only reason we're so amazed is that we knew the spoiler in advance.

12. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I disagree, the wording of the Vong hits did basically say killing blow. Id have said dead, read most the book thinking he died, and guess what? He does. Id rather they gave an exert earlier on, like the Conquest one.

13. Marie

Marie Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2001
    Does anyone know what chapter the excerpt was from? That would help,just a little bit to know.

14. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    no, but Id GUESS 3/4 in at the earliest

15. Darth_Seti_Phoebus

Darth_Seti_Phoebus Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
    Random House has removed the Audio Excerpt. Could someone please post a transcript or post another site that pirated it. Thanks.

16. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    The audio excerpt is at The Unofficial New Jedi Order Homepage

They probably have a transcript as well, although I'm not sure about that part. There is a transcript earlier in this thread. :)

17. Darth_Seti_Phoebus

Darth_Seti_Phoebus Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
  18. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    I think that the SBS excerpt was sweet! It didn't say that Anakin dies, but implies it greatly.

I have a couple questions since I got in to this after the fact. Where did all the "spoiler" info about someone dying come from? Is that a "known" fact that someone does die, or are people speculating from the excerpt that Anakin dies?
    Was it announced that a major character dies, or was it just a rumor started and kinda "confirmed" the the excerpt? I remember reading many times Luke being left for dead and he didn't die. However, with the fact that in the next book Jaina is suffering from a "great loss" could mean Anakin did die. But then again, someone else close to Jaina may die later in the book, after the excerpt has taken place. So by putting those 2 excerpts out there everyone will assume that it is Anakin.

I hope it is not. Anakin is a kickass character! If he dies, doesn't that make Chewy's death meaningless now? He dies to save a character who dies anyways????? Sucks!!!

Please let me know where all this stuff originated from, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.