main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star By Star Butchered.

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by MysticTrunks01, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    I'm listening to Star By Star on tape, and my god did they butcher it. that book was twice as long as most of them, long enough to have been split into two books, but they still treated it like one so the tape is only 3 hours.

They cut out lots and i mean LOTS of stuff, why Lando's droids are so special, the desperation of there Voxen Queen hunt and the troubles that went with it. The bickering between certain Jedi, the Jedi Hatch Mate Barberels are there but non-existent, how long it took them is lost two since it's cut so short.

It's like listening to the cliff notes of it. But so far all the others have been great! except Balance point, because the guy that read it had only one voice and it was like Barry White.

2. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    LOL, Barry White??, tell me did you have a craving for Arby's while listening?

3. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    *looks up from a Roast Beef Sandwich*
    No... why?

4. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    The only good books on tape are the unabridged ones. Arby's is good. lol!

Ice Queen

5. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Actually up until Star By Star, the books left VERY little out, i think the only other thing they didn't mention was when Jacen was captured and Luke Rescued him, which was dumb considering Traitor and the impact this had on that. Other then that, all the important stuff was there and it was well worth the money.

6. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    SPOILER

Oh yea, they also left out the entire fall of Coruscant, not even a mention of it. It did happen in this book right?

7. DARTH_TRAE

DARTH_TRAE Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    I have had a similar experience with a book on tape, Mike.
    When I listened to it first I thought the book could not possibly be this short, then I saw the book and it was HUGE!
    It should have been 6 cassette tapes instead of 2.
    I did enjoy it though, even if it was edited.
    (It was not a starwars novel)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.