main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star By Star Countdown!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by stevo, Oct 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    7 more days Wahooo!

BTW, today I organized by bookstore's star wars section to include space for new Star By Star copies and still be in chronolical order.

What sucks is that they have the book in the back but can't release it. I asked them to hold a copy for me and the woman is looking at the computer and she's like "Oh, we have it in the back, I can get it for you!" I got sooo excited , but then she's like, oh we're not supposed to release it until the 31st, I was soooo close.

Anyways, this is a really bad excuse for a thread but hey, I have to go to work at 5 o'clock tomorrow and it's 1 o'clock. So I think I'm kinda crazy right now.

2. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    That's okay. It's 1AM for me and I have to get up at 7. Better than 5, I guess.

Yeah, I'm counting down the days, too. I already reserved a copy at my local bookstore. I'm hoping Star by Star will go on the bestseller list. It probably will, and if it does, I'll get it 45% off at my bookstore! Yay!

Ohhhh, I really need go to bed!!!!

3. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    It's frustrating isn't it! Knowing that a book you've been waiting for forever is just sitting in the back of a store, waiting for you to read it. I have a friend who is the manager of a bookstore, and I BEGGED AND PLEADED for her to let me have Rebirth 1 DAY EARLY, and she said if it was to show up on her computer- she would be sued. I even proposed that she let me have the book, hold my money, and ring it up the next day. She wouldn't do it. I hope she's ready to hear some whinning, because I want SBS more than I wanted Rebirth!

4. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    I want SBS more than I wanted Rebirth!
    Don't we all?! Boy, I'm itching to obtain a copy myself!

5. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    It's November the 1st for us in the Uk, according to amazon.co.uk, come on! i NEED IT NOW!

*calms down*

6. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Street dates suck. Blah.

7. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    6 days left, much hold on, not much longer to go, i can wait.

8. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah, I can wait too, but I think street dates suck. You'd think they'd want to start making money, but nooooo.

9. MARA-JADE

MARA-JADE Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    8 Days to go here in the UK

10. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    This is a dumb question, but what is the point of the street dates? Why are they so set on them?

11. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Because they are evil and bent on world-domination?

Seriously, I don't know. Anyone know anything about the publishing industry that could answer this?

12. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    I don't know anything about the publishing industry to say anything with authority but I'll guess anyway.

Maybe there's a worry that if the book release is loose then some people will get it and (this really only works for now, not that far in the past) pirate it in some way either coping it and sending the copies to someone or scanning the book and doing the same. Either way that results in someone gets a book without paying for it and if they have the book already why buy it?

There are other possibilities like wanting people to get a fair shot at it but I don't know if either of my ideas holds any water.

13. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    6 more days!

Anyways, I think I'm gonna call in sick on the 30th. I'll just buy the book at 6:30 and read all day until I finish it.

JS2K1, I feel your pain. What we would do to just get it one day early and release a waterfall of spoilers onto the boards!

14. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    Despite knowing what happens this is the most excited I've been for a star wars book.

15. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    How are you going to get it at 6:30? Bookstores don't open til 9 here.

I'm going to do double schoolwork on the 29th (I'm homeschooled) so I'll have none on the 30th. I'll get it at 9 and read til I finish it.

16. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I hear you Rebecca191, and I agree with you 100% about the street date.

Assuming the B&N store nearby will have it on the shelves on Tuesday, about 142 hrs 30 min remaining before I get it. I just hope I'll be able to sleep Monday night.

17. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    I'm getting it on Thursday instead of Tuesday because the man who owns our little college town bookstore loves me. ;)

In other words......TOMORROW!!!!

:D

18. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Oh you're so lucky!

19. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    As soon as I find it I think I'm likely to bite the hands off the person selling it, I'm that excited.

20. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    I have to turn in an archaeology paper on Friday, but as soon as everything with that is perfect I will read the book non-stop until I finish and then I will be perfectly willing to answer any of your guy's questions. :)

21. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    Oh, yay! Spoil the book for me!

To answer your question Rebecca, I know the manager at my local bookstore and since he won't give it to me early, he said I could come by before work and pick it up.

22. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Ah, ok.

I want SBS, but I don't know if I could get up that early for it.

23. stevo

Aug 14, 2001
    I know, it was hard for me to wake up at 5:45 every day!

But atleast I have weekends to seep in.

24. Corran

Corran Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Someone know if its just ardcopys of SbS or paperbacks ???
    My whole collection is paperback so i cant ruin that *lol*
    ohh and the price have somthing to do with ot to :)

25. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Hardcover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.