Star By Star Countdown!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by stevo, Oct 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I had to work my booty off to get the bookstore nearby my new house in my new town to order some copies - they don't even carry any sci-fi books, because they say there just isn't "a market for them" out here in the boondocks. I'm used to getting everything back home in Manhattan, and now, I have to speciffically ask if I want my EU fix! It's just nuts!
  2. stevo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow, did you have to move? I'm so sorry if you did.

I never thought I would make a thread that made it to 100!! ;)
  3. Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Man I sooo need SbS! That's all I can think about. I check under my doormat, on the side of my garage, and in the mail box every day. Now everytime I hear a car go by I go running to the door to see if it's my BOOK!
  4. Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan

star 4
    LOL! I like the Chapter typing idea. Hurry up, finish the book and tell us everything that happends. ;)
  5. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Geez, ain't it scary how you always seem to be less patient when you know you're going to be satisfied soon? Two months ago I wasn't all eager like this, but now I'm foaming at the mouth.
  6. Jaina02 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Stevo, yeah, I live in Houston. Actually I live right outside of Houston- Spring area. I am getting my SbS from the Barnes and Noble in The Woodlands. But I am getting it from a friend who works there.
  7. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Oh, nooooooooooo! I just realized that since the book comes out on Haloween I have to stay home and dole out candy for those damn trick-or-treaters! No time to go to the bookstore! I swear, if even one of them dresses up like an SW character, their parents will wonder why they never came home!
  8. Rebecca191 Jedi Knight

star 6
    No, it comes out the day before Halloween.
  9. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Haloween is the 31st?! Woohoo! Thou art my savior, Rebecca! Geez, I'll probably be so engrossed in reading the book they'll ring the doorbell and I won't even notice...
  10. exar-tull Jedi Master

star 5
    SBS is very depressing [face_plain] :( :_|
    however no spoliers.
  11. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I know it's sad. I've read the spoilers, too; I might just be crying too hard to come to the door. Men cry, too, y'know... -sniff-...
  12. X-AverySolo Jedi Youngling

star 3
    im so impatient! i could never be a jedi cause of my lack of patience. i find that the days are slowly dragging their heels and laughing at me yelling, "you cant have sbs."
    please write stuff up here, those of you who have the book. preferably spoilers that i haven't heard. THANX
  13. RingoJuna Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I've still gotta hit up Wally World to see if they might have put it out early, but i'm going to be spending cahs like a fool. Between SbS, Smackdown for the PS2, and my speeding ticket i'll be spending around $200. Thank heavens for tips :)
  14. Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    WHOEVER GOT SBS EARLY PLEASE PM ME WITH SOME POILERS. I AM BEGGING YOU
  15. JWK Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL!

I have 3 days, 21 hours, 47 minutes and 4 seconds until I get my copy.

that still 3 days, 21 hours, 47 minutes and 3 seconds of unberable wait.
  16. BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Someone on one of the mtriad Star by Star forums said that they tried to get their poublic library to hold a copy for them when it comes out.......
    So I decided to also (i don't wasnt to pay $26 for the book even if it is hard cover). Anyway, it turns out the book is in the database as a will order later, and i'm the FIRST to request it!
  17. -Vergere- Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You're lucky. I was the FOURTH to request it at my local library. I don't believe the libraries will get it until days after the official release date though. Oh well.
  18. stevo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The Audio Excerpt is back up!
  19. jainasolo2001 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Make Mayo_Solo's post a dido for me!!!

GIMME SOME SPOILERS-

and not the ones already posted! ;)
  20. JediAlly Jedi Master

star 4
    Man. I got back an hour ago from checking out the local bookstores - B&N, Waldenbooks, and Borders - in hopes that SBS is out. I don't know of any Walmarts in the area. So, those of you who do have it - where did you get your copy?! And don't tell me Walmart. Tell me another name.
  21. Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Spoilers!!! Spoilers!!! :D
  22. Galleon Jedi Youngling

star 2
    It sucks for me,
    even though I live in a well populated suburban area Star Wars tends to be low priority with most of the local book stores and even if they do get it they wont shelve them for a while. As a result I won't see SBS for about a week or two after it comes out.
  23. Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    its dumb if some areas don't have the book right away. I remember when Specter of the Past came out. I went to a locally owned bookstores on the DAY OF RELEASE and they did not have it yet. I even tried to get them to check the back. They didn't want to. Then I went to the college bookstore (I've gotten a star wars book there before) and they didn't have it. Finally, I went to B.Dalton and got it. Barely got it and had to go to class (I was in college at the time).

I don't bother with the library because there is no guarantee that they'll have it the first day. In fact, when I, Jedi came out, I was working at a library and was the first to check it out. I liked it to much that I bought it at Best Buy (yes, the electronics store) and returned the library book after having it only a few days.

I don't mind paying the price for a hardcover because I know I can KEEP the book.

One bad thing about libraries is that eventually, the books get worn out and they start to look bad. I usually only read the book once and then shelve it on my bookcase. Sometimes I re-read the book, but not always.

Okay, its only about 3 and a half days until it comes out!!!!!!! I'll have to be showered and dressed by 9:30 and then I'll force my dad to take me to the bookstore, or I may try to take the bus.

I write too many long posts, sorry, I just love to write. I still need to finish Rebirth (I got off track because I was reading my harry potter books).

bye!

24. Qwi_Xux Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a couple more days!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Ooh, I love Harry Potter, too, JL.

But I can't wait for SbS!!!!!
  25. Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I compared the fourth book of Harry Potter to the size of Star By Star. I went the 606 page. Baring any extra pages , It's going to be one thick book.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.