main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star By Star Cover on TOS!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Pikachuwbacca, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    Check the Official site, it has a blurb and the front and back covers to Star By Star!

The blurb reads: "The Yuuzhan Vong campaign of terror and violence escalates to deadly new heights. They have unleashed a fearsome creature, capable of hunting and killing the galaxy's last hope -- Luke Skywalker's order of Jedi Knights. Leia Organa Solo has been given a terrible ultimatum -- reveal the location of the hidden Jedi base, or watch helplessly as millions of refugee ships are destroyed.
    The Jedi strike back with a daring plan crafted by young Anakin Solo -- an elite team of Jedi Knights will allow themselves to be taken into the Yuuzhan Vong fold as prisoners, and from there, they hope to sabotage the invader's plans of conquest. The Solo children -- Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina -- spearhead this dangerous mission, filled with unspeakable risk. Is the vanquishing of a murderous foe worth the temptation of the dark side?"

Is that Jaina on the back?

I'm excited, from the sounds of things, the Solo children are the main focus! However, it could mean the death of one of them, which I don't want to see (err, read)!

2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
  3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Cool...looks like Leia dug out her Corellian Trilogy sabre on the back cover. And at last, Luke actually looks like Luke!

4. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    I believe that is Coruscant on the back cover.

5. mr.binks

mr.binks Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1999
    New starships!!!

Vong lookin like he just got whooped!!!

Solo children teaming up!!!

Leia with Lightsabre!!

Dark side finally reapears!!!

Sabotauge!!!

A definate sence of urgancy!!!

HECK YEAH!!!!!
    It's about bloody time!
    :D

...Geez, I hope they don't mess that much with the twins. Jacen should stay wise and reserved. Jaina should continue kicking butt and looking hot doin' so. Anikin really needs to take after Vader though.

hmm... personaly I don't think luke looks to good. Infact he looks almost like the Vong...
    I have a good feeling about this.:)

Edit: Hey doesn't that look like the jedi temple falling in flames on the front cover?!

6. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    Umm, wow!! I must ponder this. Forget about that paper due on Rasputin...I can write that tomorrow night. :p

Awesome cover...and yeah, that could be Jaina, but I don't know. At first I thought it was one of the boys, but well she does have short hair now. :) Her and Jacen always did look a lot alike anyway.

7. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    AHH!H!!! No I don't like it!!! Scary cover!!

It's actually ugly, if you ask me. Although I like Anakin's (or Jacen's) picture.

Yeah, is that Jaina or Leia???

8. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    i'm looking forward to this...but WTF is that thing on the cover...and no i don't mean the image of a Luke gone the way of Marlan Brando...i mean that skinless bat freak...does anyone know anything about that ugly mutha?

Please pardon my implied profanity...but...ugh...just look at that thing...its worse than any Vong yet to be seen...which is why i question that......who knows...could it be a new rendition of jaina?...i dunno...but its butt ugly...

9. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    I don't know, it looks pretty young to be Leia on the back.

I assumed it was Jaina, but they used a picture of a young Carrie Fisher to portray Jaina.

On the bottom of the back cover it is definately Coruscant, and at the right it appears to be flames. Also, the ships appear to be fleeing the planet. Interesting. There is also an explosion on the surface, it's right in the middle of the horrizon.

10. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I think the cover is awesome and is really well done. It just gets me more excited about the book!

11. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    my new favorite cover ever.

12. junio

junio Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    OMG!!! This is the best cover of any NJO book so far!! I love it!!!

And the book kinda reminds me of A New Hope. Didn't it happen to you?

This cover rocks!!! And it seems that the book will, too.

I wonder what will be the important event of this HC.

13. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    Geez, I really can't wait for this book now. Finally gonna kick some Vong @$$ (hopefully) and is that a fighting droid on the back? I hope so! Stick it to the Vong; talk about the ultimate disgrace the Vong having to fight against droids and then a Vong getting killed by a droid, heeeeeeeck yeah! Bring it the heck on. I can't wait. Unleash a fearsome creature...please. Unleash this.

14. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    SPOILERS
    That thing on the front cover is a Vong made Vornskr. Its obvious w/ what we know from Conquest.

AWESOME COVER! It another great one. (So far, the hard cover books have kicked arse!)

15. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Looks great! It's about time the Jedi stop holding back and show the Vong what a Jedi Knight is truly capable of. Hopefully, Luke will be joining the Solo kids and the book will have him start acting like Luke Skywalker again.

As for the cover, a few observations. Anakin is looking a little like his grandfather. That's Jaina on the cover, not Leia.

Leia should tell the Vong to drop dead and begin to fight them like the Jedi Knight she *should* be. It's time she stopped letting fools like Fey'lya and her stupid EU-developed pheobia of the Force get in the way.

16. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Not a bad piece of speculation about the Vornskr . . . not bad at all! :)

17. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    I think the speculation about the Vronskr is right...I thought that was an awfully odd-looking Yuuzhan Vong.

I'm voting for Anakin on the back cover.

As for the woman with the lightsaber--I'd say Leia myself. The lightsaber looks red, which I believe is Leia's color, not Jaina's. And the woman looks too much like Leia, IMO. I believe she's even got a streak of white in her hair...

Cool cover. Sounds like a fun read.

18. rexstardust

rexstardust Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2000
    Since when was the Grinch a vong?

19. Obi-Wan Trentobi

Obi-Wan Trentobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Mr. Binks wrote--
    <snip>
    Dark side finally reapears!!!
    <snip>

Hey tiger, who said anything about the Dark Side reappearing? Far as I know, not a word has been said on the matter.

20. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

Yarua Of Kashyyyk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Are my eyes deceiving me or is that the Jedi Temple in the bottom left hand corner of the front cover? Are the Yuuzhan Vong finally going to arrive on Coruscant? Can anyone think how Leia is going to be "forced" to reveal where the Jedi are? Is it the Yuuzhan Vong or the New Republic that is forcing her?!

The tension's killing me already!

21. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Gah! I read the blurb last night, and I just woke up from a WONDERFUL dream about how I got both Rebirth and Star by Star and I was reading them (among other strange things that go on in my dreams)....but then I woke up!!! :_|

22. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    WOOHOO!!!

23. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    For quick reference:

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2001/04/news20010417_sbs.html

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2001/04/news20010417_sbs2.html

Good quess about the vornskr on the front.

99% sure that it's Anakin on the back (different artist drawing a made up characetr, hard to be sure), and 99% it's Leia in the white dress.

24. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Haven't read all these posts, but here're my thoughts:
    Front cover: Looks like Luke and probably that new Vong creation. When will we see Mara's visage on the front of one of these covers?

Back Cover: I'm pretty sure that's Jaina, not Leia. Jaina's supposed to look a lot like Leia looked at that age. Looks like Anakin to me, but I guess it could be Jacen.

The plot: Doesn't Anakin's "daring plan" seem somewhat familiar? Isn't that what Wurth did in Jedi Eclipse?

EDIT: ok, I just read the previous posts/
    AND WHAT THE HELL IS SKELETOR DOING ON THE BACK COVER?
    More thoughts to come, it's early and I'm tired.

SECOND EDIT:
    On second thought, that could be Leia. She's supposed to still be beautiful and in good shape, and upon examining a blurry, zoomed in view I saw what COULD be some gray in that hair.

25. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Anyone find the hidden image yet? There has to be one. Chewie on VP, Skycrawler on BP, ??? on SbS.

EDIT: I can't find one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.