main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star By Star Cover on TOS!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Pikachuwbacca, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I see two possibilities.

Look at the starry eye, and connect the dots to the end of the star line...that looks like the top border of some kind of blur.

The other possibility is on the top left corner of the back, on the forehead and hair of Anakin, it looks like it could be...something.

Third possibility: Kind of beneath the X-wing.

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Yeah, I got no idea what that thing is beneath the X-wing. Some kind of new ship?

Ya know, we got this cover waaaaay earlier than the BP cover. Maybe this isn't the final version?

3. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Using my supreme photo-editing skills, I have composited the images, enlarged them and sharpened them. Note though that the spine is still missing, which is an inch or more of cover. Here it is:

http://www.familyshoebox.com/family/620/FSLO-987595528-771620.jpg

4. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Good work!

I see they're using the coralskippers from the Essential Guide (lower right of front)

That vornskr thing freaks me out. It has no pupils!

I don't see a flaming Falcon, so that's good.

5. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Another idea: Look to the right of Luke's head, that could be some kind of something there.

And is that Guri's Stinger on the cover? Probably not, just wishful thinking on my part. EDIT: Nope I was looking at a Coralskipper. Damn I feel stupid now.

6. Mecca-Don

Mecca-Don Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    I have to agree with DL's and Junio's earlier posts. This is definitely the best looking cover so far in the NJO series. Luke finally looks right and all hell seems to breaking loose. Observations, I think that is Leia holding the lightsaber on the back and one of the Solo boys (probably Anakin) in the left hand corner. The "Vong" on the front cover could be a Vornskr though I thought it looked similiar to the Vong on the cover of Jedi Eclipse. Finally, like Mastadge said, what is that Skeletor thing on the back cover?

7. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    ROTFL!!!! SKELETOR! And that's not the Jedi Temple on the bottom left - it's Castle Greyskull!!! But seriously, I think this is the *bestest* cover for a SW book to date, IMHO. :D

Cheers for the enlarged pic, Mastadge :)

8. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    So leia DOES still have a red sabre?

9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    This book looks awsome!

10. Rogue_Starbuck

Oct 29, 2000
    Hey, I'm looking close at the front cover and i think I can see a picture of Yoda. Right in the middle of the Vongsker's (Whatever that toothy thing is) eye, there looks (to me anyway) a pic of Yoda's head. Either him or Quark, :D. Am I seeing things because I've had to much coffee or what? Could be a plot point, who knows?

11. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    You're crazy.

12. Rogue_Starbuck

Oct 29, 2000
    Looks like it's back to de-caff for me then :)

13. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    This may be nothing, but it seems that Leia only has 3 fingers and a thumb on her right hand.

EDIT: BUT I CANT ZOOM IN CLOSE ENOUGH TO SEE

To Luke's right it looks like a ysalimirri (sp!)

Those other ships look awefully damn similar to (old) Republic ships (like Ep. 1)

Just a few observations.

14. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Nope, she's got all her fingers. Zoom in some.

15. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    Thinking back to reading about a door cutting scene in SbS, if that is Leia on the back it looks like she is holding her hand against something and trying to put her lightsabre through it. Maybe she is in that scene...

16. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Ok, after reading everyone else's speculations here is my 2 cents. I think that this is an awesome cover! Luke looks great, and having (what I think is) Anakin look like Hayden Christanson (sp?) on the back is awesome. I think that is Leia on the back and that the door cutting theory is excellent. I think that the planet is Coruscant and not the Jedi Temple. I think that the thing on the front is most likely a Vong Vornskr. I mean think about it: A creature that hunts the Force turned into a Vong- excellent plot line. Plus with the Vong's interest in them in Conquest it works even better. Well, that's it for now. I am very excited for SbS, but let's not forget about Rebirth as well as Cloak of Deception.

P.S.- Where are the hidden images on VP and BP?

17. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    On Vector Prime it's the ghostly Chewbacca on the far left of the back cover.

On Balance Point it's the infant next to the bar code.

18. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    What are the objects around Leia/Jaina's hands? Under her arm that is holding up the lightsaber, there is some wierd shap, and near her hand that she is holding out there is some shadowy object.

19. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I LOOOOVE THIS COVER! It's my new favorite cover. :D

20. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Come on Rebecca, tell us how you reallllly feel ;)

21. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I think that bat-like thing could be Luke/Mara's child born in Rebirth. It could have some sort of FlyII-ish and/or V-like transformation period where it's born normal and transforms into a vongstrosity later on. With the way Luke's been looking lately, there is some resemblence. :D

I think the spirit of Chewbaaca can be seen in the "curl" of Anakin's hair. :D

Or then again, I could be mistaken about both.

22. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    how do you see the secret images? *finds vector prime*

ok this cover is very good, i can recognise most people on the cover and the only thing that bugs me as to whether the person on the back cover is anakin, jacen, or jaina. Isn't there anyway to validate this?

needless to say this cover has lots of interesting bits, probably the best being the outline of coruscant!
    *is now REALLY looking forward to this HB*

23. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I wish I knew which Solo kid it was, too.

Edit: And wasn't Leia's red lightsaber destroyed in BP?

24. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    This isn't the post you're looking for.

Move along.

25. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I like it, I just think that Vong thing should've been the background face and they should've given us a main character in the foreground, maybe a solo kid's face, or mara, or heck even lando or kyp or some other relevant character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.