main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star By Star Cover on TOS!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Pikachuwbacca, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I KNEW Coruscant was doomed. . . but why are there TWO of them? What IS that skull thing? It looks metal, someone said it might be a droid. That is Leia with the saber. I thought the kid in the upperleft back was Jania when I just saw the little pic, it is diffently either Jacen or Anakin now. Dosn't Leia have like 3 lightsabers? I don't remember it being destroyed anyway.

If that is a Vornskr on the cover, the Vong really messed it up. Why are the ears on the side of the head? Why are they human shapped? Ear transplants? WHY? And the snout grew much smaller, the eyes moved down some and grew bigger, and it's nose turned Vong like.

When I first saw it, I figured it was a Vong. Ahh well.

Luke look nice. Cool to see PT ships are still around on Coruscant. No Mara and no baby though. :( And there is a lot of fodder floating around that makes no sence. Streaks and patterns and just unidentifiable junk.

It's an okay cover. My least favorite of the hardcovers.

2. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Leia's red saber was tossed into a pit in Balance Point.

3. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Okay, yeah, I remember. But she has another red saber, the old one Vima gave her in DE. And the green (?) one she made in TTT. Assuming the red one she had in BP was the one Luke gave her in the CT. And that she hasn't lost any of the others.

4. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    The skull could be the Imperial Remnant. One of Palpatine's last superweapons he created before his first death was the Star Dragon - a massive assault destroyer with a giant skull for the front. After the battle of Endor, it's captain took it into Wildspace.

However, it is an extremely obscure reference - probably as obscure as one can get - and I doubt it would make it into an NJO novel. But I wouldn't put it past the first new Star Wars novellist of the 90's to catch it. Troy Denning knows his Star Wars.

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    That metal skull on the back looks a bit like a phase 1 dark trooper head.

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    It also looks somewhat like the Yevethans from EGtAS, but that doesn't mean it's one of them...or does it?

7. Piett_clone

Piett_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2000
    I'm not totally disagreeing with the vornskr idea, but that thing really doesn't look like one. It looks like something that would stand on two legs to me. And the ears aren't pointy or anything.
    Now, it may possibly be an attempt at a vornskr, and if that is indeed what it is *supposed* to be, I'm getting very disappointed with the NJO covers.

8. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    When I said it was a Vong Vornskr, I didn't mean it was anything like its origional form. I believe that its a cross bread of sorts. Vornskr's hunt Jedi, and the Vong know this. They may have done a bio job on it to create this monster.

Genghis12 - quit dreaming... :D its not Mara's baby.

Obviously we can see the Jedi temple burning. That will most likely be the fault of the Republic's. They will give in when million's of lives are at stake and hunt the Jedi.

9. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    To Luke's right, kind of above the second Star in the title, is that a head?

Also, what're you guys talking about the Temple burning? I see the flames but no temple, looks more like a burning x-wing to me.

10. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    Below Luke's head to the left is the Ep1 Jedi temple. Its being consumed by fire.

11. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Personaly the alledged vorksner(sorry bout the spelling)...looks more like the Batman small time villian of manbat...just the way the face is built

12. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I do hope it is Leia. It would be nice to actually see her using her powers for a change. Hope she doesn't reveal the hidden Jedi base either.

Like I said, I hope Luke and Leia start acting like themselves again. These were the people who defied an entire Empire. They shouldn't hold themselves back from the likes of a scumbag like Fey'lya and his idiot buearucrat buddies.

13. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    "These were the people who defied an entire Empire. They shouldn't hold themselves back from the likes of a scumbag like Fey'lya and his idiot buearucrat buddies."

Well said, well said. I would greatly enjoy seeing Leia back in Jedi @ss kicking mode.

14. junio

junio Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    1 question: Didn't Leia lost her lightsaber when she nearly died in Duro in Balance Point? It was Tsavong Lah who took it from her, or was it Nom Anor? I'm not sure who was it, but I am positive she lost it. And it my mind serves me well it was the red one. Am I right?

15. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    nom anor took it from leai before she was beaten to death (well almost) by Tsavong Lah (sp?). Anyway at the end Nom Anor hands the red lightsabre to the warmaster and he symbollically shoves it into the earth while he declares his ultimatum to the New Republic (so all in all pretty tense stuff).

Ok do we actually think we'll see Leia kicking some ass? she's been sitting on the sidelines through all the books, always using words more than actions, will Denning break the mold? (and the same will go for Luke)

16. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    To the right of Luke, that thing that is bluish-white is either an elbow with a hand or it is a iamge of a person, zooming in close, I could see an outline of a nose.

17. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    What is that thing in the upper left corner in the Solo kid's hair? It almost looks like an empty fighter helmet or something.

And I don't think that is a vonskyr (sp) simply beacuse the head is too humanoid. It looks to me like a Vong laughing, head tossed back. You can see his neck below the head; that is humanoid, no doubt about it in my opinion.

It could be Shimmra.

18. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    i agreee with the last post, i also thing it looks a lot like the vong on the jedi eclipse cover

19. MAD6121

MAD6121 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    Hey all...first off this is a really nice cover. I see most of the things that are being said. Regarding the thing on the cover. It kinda makes sens for it to be a vornskr, but my only question is why would they put it that big on the front of the cover. The first thing that popped in my mind was, yikes, the second thing was that it looked like Tsavong Lah from the cover of Jedi Eclipse, thats whta first jumped in my mind. I see the "Jedi Temple" at first it just looked like a lighthouse. Well those were just my thoughts, cya.

20. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes, the first thing that popped into my mind was the vong from jedi eclipse cover also, the facial structure is very similer, down to the ears, and black hair piece.

21. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    Leia forced to reveal the hidden Jedi base or watch refugee ships be destroyed. Sound familiar? It's Leia aboard the Death Star all over again. What a shame, that's twice she's been in that position. I wonder what she'll do this time.

22. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Hey!! The Solo kid on the back is: Anakin! Why? In BP, chapter 4, when Mara was describing Anakin and Luke, it said that they both even had matching cleft-pokes in their chins, and so does the picture on the back of the SbS cover! He had one on the back cover of BP too... None of Jacen's pictures or descriptions ever mentioned a cleft-poke...so it hasta be Anakin!

The swirly thing by Anakin's head...if you look at it real long, it looks like a T-rex head is coming out of it ?[face_plain]

I think that it's Leia on the back...the lightsaber looks red, while Jaina has a purple one, and besides, I doubt that Jaina would ever wear an outfit like that...she sticks to the Jedi robes and flightsuits, doesn't she?

Edit: I don't see a Yoda....

23. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    OK.

A few thoughts:

1) How the hell could that cover head be a vong? Even with a masquer, how could something with that pronounced a muzzle masquerade as human?

2) On BP cover the kid has the cleft chin too, so I thought it was Ani, but then Kathy Tyers said in her thread that it was Jacen.

3) Is that skeleton thing on the back a Vong skull, or maybe a HUMAN SKULL, signifying a death? Could it be?

24. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Isn't the kid on BP too young to be Jacen?

25. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001

Kathy Tyers thought the kid on the back of BP was Jacen at first, but then she took it back after a representative of Del Rey confirmed that it was Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.