main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star By Star Cover on TOS!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Pikachuwbacca, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I suppose it's possible that the face is another young character, but I'm thinking it's one of the Solo kids from the summary.

2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    DL - what change are you referring to?

3. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Hey, look at Anakin! He's right at the spot where Chewie was on VP! HE'S GONNA DIE!!!

Anyway, I don't think Chewie was a hidden image on VP. And the saber-woman looks exactly like Leia or Mon Mothma, so it's Leia.
    Will she be responsible for the republic again? Or is she a captive of the Vong, like on the Death Star? And who's cutting doors, is it her or is it the Jedi strike team?

4. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    I dont like the drawing of Anakin, he looks like Wesley Crusher from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Uber Geek. :)

He doesnt look a thing like Hayden Christiansen.

5. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I really dig the cover, it's probably the best yet in the NJO. As for hidden images, i'll wait til the book comes out to look for them, or i'll just wait until several of you fine people here find and agree upon something.

6. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    ok there have been some well made points, but they keep clashing and getting confused, there are 3 main ones so here goes nothing,

1) Going back to balance point. How is that boy on the back cover not Jacen? Ok Anakin does feature in the book, but the caption on the back reads
    'In the aftermath of one tradegy will a young Jedi's search for redemption lead to yet another?'
    That person has got to be Jacen, as a large portion of the book sees him trying to and eventually solving his 'philisophical debate.'

2) Ok this second point ties in with the first. If the boy on the back of the cover of Balance Point is actually Anakin then that re-iterrates a point made earlier- that a lot of the drawing done by the authors have little specific reference to the story.

3) Finally I'm sorry but I really can't see Anakin falling to the dark side, it's just to obvious. Think about it, did you see Vader as Luke's Father (and i mean seeing ESB for the first time). I think it is Jacen or Jaina, they will be the ones to fall to the dark side. And if one of tem falls, then i think the other will too, because they will be unable to stop the other (close bond and all). That just leaves Anakin, who I think will develop into probably the best Jedi Knight ever! (although i neglect to mention skycrawler).

ok those are my thoughts, what has everyone else got to say?

7. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    It's a great cover, and my fav so far. As for the Leia/Jaina talk, I think it's Leia only because the robes look to mature/to senator like for Jaina to wear.

8. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    1> It was Jacen on the cover of BP. Kathy, and everyone here, thought it was Anakin, with Jacen on the front, but Sue Rostini(sp?) told Kathy it was Jacen. I'll try to find that post.

2> After going through my Heir to the Empire comics, if that is a Vongskr, it is seriously FUBAR. They have long snouts in HTTE, and pointed ears like a German Shepard. I am now changing my vote to Shimmra.

9. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    After going through a few hundred posts in KT's BP thread, I discovered this:

"In my humble opinion, the face on the back of your cover is Anakin. . . . Jacen's on the front . . . "

10. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    The face on the back is definitely male. Not Jaina or Tahiri. Sorry.

The figure on the back bears NO resemblance to Mon Mothma other than the color of the clothing. Sorry. I agree that it looks in terms of the face a little too much like Leia to be Jaina, but she really does look far too young to be Leia. My brain says Leia by my instincts say Jaina.

11. Nighthawk_Andy

Apr 17, 2001
    thanks for your help :)

so we're sure that's anakin on the back right? i guess it makes sense but i really really don't want him to turn to the dark side :(

12. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    SPOILERS

From http://www.unjoh.com
    ": I hereby confirm that, in Star By Star, (pause for dramatic emphasis) Coruscant will fall to the Vong. Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow"

13. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Anakin on BP vs SbS

http://sfletcher.cc.hollandc.pe.ca/daytime/arsenault/anakin.jpg

EDIT: I just read that at the UNJOH a few minutes ago myself, Mastadge. Freaked me out. Cool new look for Coopra's page though.

14. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    I think that it is obvious that its Jacen on the front of BP and Anakin on the back. I also think that its Anakin on the back of SbS.

The Vong thing on the front of SbS could be a hybrid of a Vong/Vornskr. My reasoning is that it clearly has a mussle (sp?), its teeth are strangly un-Vong, no scaring or tattoos - and the synopsis says that they Vong have made a creature that hunts Jedi.

15. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    "I think that it is obvious that its Jacen on the front of BP and Anakin on the back. I also think that its Anakin on the back of SbS."

I very much agree.

Note, Vornskrs are also furred.

16. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    If its a Vong/Vornskr hybrid, anything is possible. We already know that the Vong are going after the Vornskr... so they completely overhaul the vornskr genetics and create this monster that hunts Jedi.

17. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Yes, if they did make a Vongskr, it doesn't have to look anything like a vornskr, all they want is the Force-hunting ability.

18. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Just so we're all on the same page, here's a couple of Official Vornskrs:

http://www.familyshoebox.com/family/286/FSLO-987691975-378286.JPG

And here are all the Official Vong faces we've seen so far. From left to right: Nom Anor, Elan, Tsavong Lah, Nem Yin, Vua Rapuung, typical Vong Warrior, Vong face (with gnullith over the mouth):

http://www.familyshoebox.com/family/910/FSLO-987691972-988910.jpg

19. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Well aren't you special? :D

20. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Yes, yes I am

21. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
  22. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I wonder if the battle for Coruscant will take place in this book.

23. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    SPOILERS

Look up a few posts, it's already been confirmed that Coruscant will be taken in this book.

24. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    It's the end of an era.... :_|

25. Nighthawk_Andy

Apr 17, 2001
    just imagine what they'd do to Coruscant.......all that technology, I dread to think what they have planned.

ps karrde thanks for the comparsion btwn covers they do look more similar than I first thought.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.