Star by Star & its many cases of forcasting ((SPOILERS))

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LanceJade, Oct 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191 Jedi Knight

star 6
    Jag isn't a jerk! He and Jaina belong together! :)
  2. NarundiJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    whatever!!!!! :p

Jae Angel
  3. LanceJade Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We haven't really taken into accound the Chiss lifestyle. They may have a completely different mating style. Maybe marrage isn't based on love? Remember, Jagged Fel is more Chiss than human in personality. It will be interesting to see.
  4. Rebecca191 Jedi Knight

star 6
    But he is still only human, after all. :)
  5. NarundiJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    What the heck is a Chiss and what makes them different from humans? :p

Jae Angel
  6. Rebecca191 Jedi Knight

star 6
    Hmm, well they have blue skin, and they like art. :p
  7. Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well I just finished reading it about.......now and my god! This is probably the darkest, gripping star wars book I have ever read. It's liteally taken over my life in the last 2 days and now I've finally finished it I might b able to return to normal life again :D

Anyways, concerning this thread, the possibilities for Jaina and a romance seem very, very likely.

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE END OF SBS DO NOT READ!

At the end Jaina vows to use anything and to defy even Master Skywalker in her quest to rescue the now captured Jacen. I'm willing to place a fair bet that the Chiss could be a likely team to provide her with just the help she might need. (oh and brings in Jagged nicely) ;).
  8. LanceJade Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Chiss = Grand Admiral Thrawn's race.

Nighthawk-

That was going to be one of my exmples of the forshadowing that SBS has in it. It does leave alot of things open to speculation.
  9. ReaperFett Jedi Knight

star 6
    not calling back in two years? I think Jag has someone else ;)

You missed one bit or foreshadowing, far greater possibly:

"I'll never leave you"

To Leia, by Han
  10. LanceJade Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Reaper.... wow. I did miss that one!

Are they going to make him break that promise by the end of the series?
  11. NarundiJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    I think you guys might just be reading a little too much into that one. . .I mean, Han already went AWOL when Chewie died. I don't really think they'd have him do it again, especially not with Leia in the state she's in. Maybe it means exactly what it says, that he's not going to leave her.

Jae Angel
  12. JediAlly Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with you on that one NarundiJedi. I think the Solo/Skywalker family's been shaken up enough. I'll be content to seeing them live out their lives, and when the time comes for them to die, it'll be natural (old age or disease) and not something drastic like Chewie's or Anakin's deaths.

Oh, Rebecca191. I don't see Jaina and Jagged getting together. Becoming good friends, yes. Anything more than that, no. I'm also against Jaina and Kyp getting together in that way. As Master and Padawan, maybe, but nothing more. No, I'm waiting for her to realize that she still loves Zekk. I think she takes after her mother in that respect - they both love scruffy-looking scoundrels with hearts of gold.
  13. ReaperFett Jedi Knight

star 6
    Im only reading into that one as much as you are all about Jaina getting pregnant. This one was at the end of a chapter too, making it seem more likely than some passaway comment
  14. Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    That's probably my favorite seen in SbS, when Han and Leia found out about Anakin's death, Denning did a brilliant job with it. I thought Han's reaction was really interesting, kind of what I expected, but still to read it was heart aching, it was great that he could be there for Leai though.
  15. ReaperFett Jedi Knight

star 6
    I think the pairs reaction made the death far more poignant and meaningful
  16. NarundiJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    I think Han's comment was put at the end of the chapter to make the events that just happened more meaningful, but not necessarily in the way you assume it to mean.
    When you take things out of context and quote them on a message board, of course they're going to seem like they're foreshadowing! I mean, I wouldn't have given a second thought to Jaina's "Like I have the time" comment if a Jag fan hadn't implied that the comment meant "Jag and Jaina are going to go get married and make babies and blah blah blah" And the entire "Don't Knock Jaina Up" thread is just a joke!
    The same goes for Han's comment to Leia. They just lost a son, they're devastated, and he was trying to comfort her by saying he wasn't leaving her. I just can't believe they'd have him leave her again. That would just be too redundant! They're more creative than that! Then again, they did use that old "kidnapp the jedi baby" plot. . .

Jae Angel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.