main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star by Star Someone dies and the evidence points to . . . .

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mike16, Sep 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    That reminded me of a song....

"Jimmy crap corn and I don't care"

Sorry, I couldn't help myself ;)

2. Wes

Wes Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2000
    A certain Bothan is not mentioned in the info from DJ and RD, maybe he dies. Wait, Mon Mothma isn't mentioned either, maybe she dies...wait Wes Jason isn't mention maybe he dies...

YOu see that there is nothing to point to how dies...in the info of those books.

Gavin wouldn't lead the retreat as Wedge out ranks him. He may be retired but if he is given back his commission he would return as a General. ANyway Wedge is a more influencal leader then Gavin.

I hope in Rebel Dream we get to see a Super Star Destroyer, though Allston has a habit of destroying them.

3. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    acctually I must say I absolutely don't care if gavin dies! to whom is that a personal loss, to jaina the powergreedy darksider?
    and besides I thought mon mothma already was dead? how old would she be now 117?

sorry, mostly I do like jaina but she's unfortunately BLIND. I mean, kyp? get a grip!

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I hope that Coruscant is the only thing that dies in SBS, but...I dont think it will be. I dont think Anakin will die, and I know Mara, Luke, Leia, Han, and Lando wont die (they are mentioned in a preview for Allstorn's books), so my money is on that twirp, Jacen.

5. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    Wait. Jimmy is the codename for the guy who dies in Star by Star? Did I get that right? I've never heard this Jimmy thing before.

6. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    That twirp Jacen has been confirmed in a focus-book, a paperback, in the second-half of the series, very much similar to Anakin's Conquest. And BP is not only a HC, it did not focus on Jacen like Conquest did on Anakin.

Furthermore, jacen's "inner struggles" are far from over. Gawd, how annoying is that going to be, right? Call me crazy, but I actually think Jacen's plight has been the highlight of the series.

7. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    A Jacen duology? Crap, there goes my theroy about him being "Jimmy". I still dont think its Anakin. When I first heard of Jimmy, I thought he/she was a new Jedi introduced in SBS. It could be true though...

8. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I don't know if this was proposed before, but I have a theory. NOTE: This is all speculation. No spoilers that I know of. I hope. Read on...

I se people saying that surely Kre'Fey would lead the retreat from Coruscant, unless he died. Mike16 says maybe it's Gavin that dies. Well, maybe it's both, and the rest of Rogue Squadron. Here's how I see it: on TOS, the summary for Dark Journey mentions Jaina's escape from the Vong. This leads me to believe that at some point, she is captured by the Vong, maybe when Coruscant falls. Well, what if, when she is captured, Admiral Kre'Fey and Rogue Squadron try to rescue her and end up getting killed? I think that would be a deep personal loss to Jaina, to know that so many people died for her. I mean, look how hard her wingman's death hit her. The entire squadron dying to save her?

That would also explain Wedge's leading the retreat. What do you think? If this has alrady been discussed, forgive me. I've not been in this forum for a long time.

9. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, jedisaber2, I like your theory. But all of the Rogues? Maybe most of the Rogues, or all saving Gavin and/or Inyri and the Varth girl.

10. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Well yeah, it doesn't have to be all the Rogues, but most of them. It would still hit Jaina hard. Thanks! :)

11. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Sure. Thats what us 00 registrees are for, right? :D

12. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Errr.....I'd flame alot of people here, but I'll refrain from it. You people seem to be forgetting that Kre'Fey is a OUTER RIM Admiral. Not a core figure so why the hell would he be given the lead of Coruscant's retreat? Hmm....ohhh you people are still stuck on the DT idea of his 'mutiny' well guess what? He doesn't have authority in the core.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.