Star by Star- What did you think? (spoilers included)

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Pellaeon69187, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    So what did you guys think of SbS? I thought it was the best NJO novel yet(a true novel this time).
    What I liked about it: Borsk is dead, Yippy!, Han getting out of his depresive state, the awesome lightsaber scenes(especally when Anakin became one with the Force), and the great space battles. Oh yeah, the Jedi control what is left of the GFFA.

What I didn't like about it: Anakin...is dead :( , the New Republic is pretty much F!@$ked, dozens of Jedi are dead, Corucant is being destoyed, and Tahiri didn't loose it when Anakin died. And I didn't like how Anakin didn't disapear when he died, it seems he should have.

And one else?
  2. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    Han won't be out of his depression for long. His son is dead. I can't stand it. YOU DON'T JUST KILL A CHARACTER WITH AS MUCH POTENTIAL AS ANAKIN! Everything set up in Edge of VIctory between him and Tahiri is now worthless. And beyond that, his death served no other point than to drive Jaina to the Dark, as far as I can tell. His death didn't end the mission, didn't even get the Yuuzhan VOng off them for good. It just slowed them donw. Tasha Yar died a better death in TNG. Kirk died a better death in Generations. THose are two of the most pointless deaths in SF right there.

Plus: it makes Chewbacca's sacrifice in Vector Prime worthless. He DIED to protect Han's son. And Anakin has the audacity to only live two more years...

Did Troy Denning forget he wasn't writing a Forgotten Realms novel where characters can be brought back from the dead or something?

Other than that, it was a good book.
  3. Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh, so you finally read it, eh? :)
  4. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
  5. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    I agree with you Eric.

What did you think of the scene when Anakin died though? I thought it was really cool.
  6. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    Call me cheap, I'm waiting for the paperback, but I might get the hardcover.

Man, Anakin is dead? That sucks! I really shouldn't have read those posts...
  7. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    That's what you get for reading a thread with Spoilers in the title when you don't want to know things.

THe scene itself was written well, and I can imagine the Force theme BLARING when it happened, but still... :(
  8. -NaTaLie- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Never read any of the EU books. I don't like how they made a neverending soap opera out of epic movies. But I follow the course of events and I think killing of Anaking Solo really sucks. Although some believe they'll bring him back
  9. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Please don't bash the EU till you have atleast read ONE book.

I also liked those Vong hunting droid...
  10. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    The Vong use droids now!?

//pulls pill marked "EU memory erase pill"
  11. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    No, it hunts the Vong. Lando builds them. YVH series(stands for Yuuzhan Vong Hunter). As anything with Lando, its designed to enhance his ego as well as his wallet, and to that effect, their vocorders use Lando's voice...
  12. TK7771 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Landos voice on a droid,huh?

HMM...not sure if I like that Lando always bugged the hell outta me!!
  13. Theedage Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sounds familiar to Heir to the Empire.
  14. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    Those droids are really cool though, they even have self-healing armour. It was really funny when one of them started firing at a couple guys on Corucant, I thought they were human at first.
  15. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    YVH 1-1 was funny. A droid with an inferiority complex!
  16. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    the opposite of threepio.
  17. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    Threepio's just crazy. YVH 1-1 was obsessive.
  18. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    I wonder if Anakin will come back by the end of the NJO. The Emperor did as a clone and they are orbiting Wayland. Maybe there are still some cloning facilities down there.

Maybe its just wishful thinking, but I HATE that Anakin is dead.
  19. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    Maybe they just have to take him to Miracle Max. He might only be mostly dead, not dead dead. Of course, we'd also need an avenging Spainard and a 7 foot tall Frenchman...
  20. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    ok...

When does the next book come out?
  21. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    Hmm...I really don't know. Februrary? There's usually a book around that time...
  22. TIEace Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yeah I think it is February. I'll habe to check the latest Insider though.
  23. dark_jade Jedi Youngling

it's funny. i haven't read the book yet (i'm cheap too - when *does* the paperback come out?), but i know just about everything there is to know about it, cuz i've been reading all the spoilers and book summaries i can get my hands on online. from what i've heard, tho, it *is* the best SW novel ever written, apart from anakin dying. <<cries her heart out>>

you know, i'm probably gonna end up reading dark journey before SbS. i'm that cheap - or may be it's just the local paper store that's cheap.
  24. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    Paperbacks of hardbacks usually take almost a year to come out.
  25. Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master

star 5
    I saved for quite a while to be able to afford SbS as well as Balance Point and Vector Prime. If I didn't get new SW books on the day they come out... I think I might kill myself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.