main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Star Cases

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by nalan1138, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    Hey everybody,

I have been talking to a few collectors in the group, and it seems there is some interest in buying some of these star cases to protect your figures. The website I have been dealing with can be found here

Now I have called them and talked to their sales staff, i have arranged that if i put in a decent sized order (500 or more) of the star case 1 i can get them for $.91 a piece. I dont plan on ordering any until after C3, and all the other madness is over with (probably mid june or so). If anyone else is interested, post here, with an approximate number and what style case. They will be having a star case 3 which is designed around the new Ep 3 cases in about 2 months or so. Also the star case 2, which runs about $1.75 fits all of the oversized figs (see the website)

I am NOT doing this for profit or anything, i will order whatever is needed and distribute them to whoever wants them. I have already set up an account with them. I was mainly doing this for myself when it all started then Dex said he would be up for it also.

Well thats all I got for now, if you have any questions PM me, or ask em here.

And just to reinterate, I am NOT asking for any up front money, just that if you order some, you would pay when they came in.

/begin rant
    (I also called Brians Toys to see what they would do, they are the biggest jerks in the world.)
    /end rant

Oh and the $.91 a case is only good on the star case 1, not the others, but if we get enough interest in other items, i will try and get a better price on them as well.

2. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    <cough>Brianstoyssucks<cough>

3. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    .91 cents a case is good, Id be up for buying some.

4. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Just as a statement of fact and numbers, there are approximately 500 carded figures currently released from Hasbro. I'd guess a little more than half of them are in Star Case 1 sized bubbles, with the remaining 1/3 or so in Size 2. I'll do a figure/bubble count soon so we all have better numbers to go on. Since most of us are completists at heart, even if we don't currently have EVERY card thats out, sooner or later we will. So it'll help us all to know how many Star Cases we would need of each line to encase our collections.

I'll try to figure out the count with the exclusives and Silver figures included. Personally, I plan on encasing ALL my carded figures. So I need to do the count anyway. It'll prevent me from buying too many or too few! I'll keep you all updated.

5. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    well even if we dont get enough cases the first time around, there will always be more orders at a later day, i dont plan on buying all of mine at once, probably spread it out over 2-3 orders

6. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    You may also want to look the last day of CIII on the dealer floor. Not only does the price of just about everything drop somewhat, but the generic, staple & bulk stuff goes for DIRT CHEAP. We were walking out with cases of those crappy cards for like 5 bucks (were going for 30 the day before. If they bring 50 bazillion to the convention & they've made their quota, they'd rather dump it for dirt cheap than bring a truckload back.

Bosh

"How much for jus' one rib?"

7. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Really? You know, itll be nice to have other Star Wars nerds that I actually know at Celebration this year, I hope I can get some really good deals...
    I need at least 20 cases, for the figures that are hanging on my walls currently, collecting dust(GASP!).
    What about the stands? Anyone got a supplier for that?

8. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I would probably purchase maybe 20 Star Cases...I don't use them that much..

Stands....I got some of those Emma....how many stands are you looking for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.