Star Chase help

Discussion in 'Scifi 3D Forum' started by Freshman, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freshman Jedi Youngling

My skill with 3dsmax is limited so i was wondering if anyone would lend me some help with a space chase in our fanfilm. Please??? desperate since we ae already in post production.
  2. George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum

VIP
    star 4
    Some of you guys... if you don't stop posting REQUESTS outside the REQUEST forum you are gonna not only get your threads deleted... but you are gonna get BANNED from the forum. A couple of people have been told, got warnings, etc.. but you continue to do it. OR even worse... your IP will be banned.
  3. Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Take a look again, George.. he's a newbie. :) Registered.. um.. probably today!

And to be perfectly honest, I don't read the Request thread. 99% of it is just like this one.. people that want help doing the simplest things, or people that want ILM-level CGI for their Handicam-shot backyard fanfilm, without thinking through exactly what that means.

Besides, it looks like this guy isn't asking for someone to do it for him, he's asking for pointers and tips. I don't think any time anyone has a question about ANYTHING, it should automatically go to the requests forum. Kind of defeats the purpose of the forum.
  4. Freshman Jedi Youngling

i tried the request forum, but it does not seem like it generates any responses from animators.
  5. George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum

VIP
    star 4
    I know everything already. He just re-registered b/c I banned him just a couple days ago as G-Unit. And for the same reason. Posting requests over and over and over , even when people were telling him to put them in REQUESTS. I didn't ban his IP in hopes we could get things under control.

There's a reason why you and I, and alot of other people don't read the REQUESTS thread... because we don't have time and/or interest in taking any requests. But that doesn't mean we should just let the forum be over run with requests floods. It totally destroys the forum I think and I'm getting to the point of deleting threads and banning people. It's knocking off all the good stuff in the forum. Not everybody gets to visit everyday and it's a shame that the good legitamite threads get bumped off b/c of all the junk. I'm VERY close to starting a HELP thread too to get rid of all of those constant posts.

That's all a problem yes. These inexperienced people don't understand how much work and skill it takes to do something good. But the far better solution is to try and make an area for that stuff than try and stop people from posting. I think a certain group of people will visit those areas and they can all work together trying to learn more. It's just reality that an advanced user most likely won't be interested in visiting a new user area and getting involved in REQ and/or silly questions like how to save something.

Either way... none of this is a reason to flood the forum with garbage. And to me this guy IS asking for somebody to "help" him actually do something. He's posted a ton of such requests for quite awhile now.

Alot of "questions" have just been tolerated just so everybody can be happy. But I have to admit that this forum isn't really setup for this. As you see we only have one thread area here and it's not working out good for a ton of questions about how to operate software. And certainly not for REQUESTS. I may have to make a HELP/QUESTIONS sticky to try and organize them. Then all of that will be stuck in one thread. It's not like SCIFI-MESHES where they have their own HELP area and a bunch of threads in there. BUT TFN forums have never been as good as alot of other places and we'll just have to make due. BUT I won't allow these silly threads to water-down what little good work is going on here. These people deserve attention.. the ones doing the excellent WIP work. All other threads are secondary to that.
  6. Freshman Jedi Youngling

Let me apologize profusely right now for my actions. I have not used this forum up til now to know about the request forum until you told me. it was an honest mistake. I hold the hard working people on this forum in the highest respecet. please unban my old user so i can use it again, and i am sorry.
  7. George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum

VIP
    star 4
    OK.

People can not flood the forum b/c they don't like the response they are getting in the REQUESTS thread. Trust me.. if you posted the exact same thing here you'd get the same response.
  8. G-Unit Jedi Padawan

star 4
  9. Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Perhaps we'd have better luck if the forum were properly divided? Here, it's one forum for absolutely everything.. on all the other forums I visit, there's separate forums for WIPs, Requests, Finished Art, Animations, etc. I think because of the limitations of this particular forum, it might be a bit unfair to bottleneck everyone who has a question into ONE thread. Splitting the forum would solve all those problems. But then again, this software might not even support it... it seems years behind most other forum software. Not your fault, of course.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.