main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Citizen (PC Space Sims are not Dead)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarkEagle, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Arena Commander is out!

The Hornet's been fun to try out, but I can't test either of the other ships so don't have much to compare it to. What've you all thought about the control styles? I've mostly been using a 360 controller so far.

2. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    The controls are awful so far (to me, and apparently a lot of people on the official forums). Never did I imagine the whole "chase the mouse" idea being applied to this game, and I guess it was a surprise to a lot of people. Though it's hard to judge in this particular module because it's clearly a long ways from being complete. There's definitely a lot of room improvement, and plenty of time to do it. I was just hoping for something closer to XWing or Descent right out of the box, regardless of how "realistic" those games are(n't), because they are a hell of a lot funner than what I experienced last night. It's a little unsettling that this particular control scheme is what the developers thought would make the best "first impression" as it were.

Still looks pretty, and a lot of potential.

Still hoping for the best. Time to put my head back in the sand until the next big update, as to avoid setting myself up for disappointment via my own misinformed expectations.

3. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    Enjoying it so far, but I've only played with HOTAS. Did a few rounds with my Rift as well, which was quite fun.

Looking forward to the multiplayer rollout in the next couple of weeks.

4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am quite pleased by the results of TNGS, the Anvil Aerospace Redeemer absolutely deserved to win, though the Origin Jumpworks AX-114 Boomslang is a fine ship. Of course, I actually didn't even bother trying to vote, because I thought there might be some website traffic issues. After all, Star Citizen has been breaking the internet, well at least their website, since 2012.

5. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    After having some more time to tool around with the flight model, it's actually pretty fun, and a lot of potential. Clearly a lot of tweaking needed, but at least the flight control developer is on record that even he can't fly worth a damn with the current implementation.

Also hard to judge as I'm flying around in the moving van that is the Aurora. Like a semi truck on ice...

6. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I haven't tried this out yet - I've just got so much on I haven't even tried the hangar module yet.

I grabbed a Freelancer, this will probably be similar to a semi truck on ice ;-)

7. Couq-DK

Couq-DK Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    A little update: