main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Star Destroyers] Saxtonites, Fleet Junkies, I Need Your Help For a Moment...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The Devastator has now been identified as the ship which captures the Tantive IV at the beginning of ANH.

Does this jibe with previous fleet discussions?

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I thought it always was....I've heard that years ago, and I'm sure I've seen it come up in some trivia questions somewhere.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    That ship has been known as the Devastator since at least 1995.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I just wanted to verify, since it's not out of the realm of possibility that someone screwed up the most recent mention. :)

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    dp4m:

Was this a serious question or are you just having fun with us Fleet Junkies... ;)

If you were, is there some recent source you have seen that claims the Tantive IV was captured by some other Star Destroyer than the ISD-I Devastator?

--Adm. Nick

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No, I wanted to verify that it WAS the Devastator, as given the previous track records, assigning a name to a ship we've seen on-screen could affect the classification and/or the previously established name.

And I didn't have access to my source material here at work, so this was the easiest way.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yup, thumbs up. No disagreements anywhere.

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2005
    The only dissenting source would be the X-Wing Strategy Guide from the '90s, whicxh identifies the ship as the Immortal.

However, it's wrong.

It's been the Devastator since, well, ever. Saxton actually has a major in-depth analysis of the Devastator model on SWTC.

9. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    It's been a long while since I last read the ANH novelization, and my copy of it predates '95, but I could almost swear I remember it naming the ImpStar the Devestator in there.

10. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    And I'm pretty sure the Essential Chronology states that the Devastator was one of the Impstars destroyed at Endor, so it was involved with both Death Stars in some way.

11. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I don't think news is new . . .

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The CCG also identified it as the Devastator, but I believe the earliest source to ID the name that ISD is the Radio Drama.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.