main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Destroyers

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Desann2002, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    OK, well, i've been away for a while (sunny Scotland), and i've come back and finally downloaded Seeds Of Darkness, great film, absalutely great, but one question, where did they get the star destroyers. i've just got Lightwave (which i think is the program they used) and downloaded all the star destroyers of the SCI FI 3D site, but none work right, anyone got one that should work on version 7 of LIGHTWAVE?

2. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    No one..........any takers, going once, twice......

3. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    They used MAX, I think they used the first ISD "Deluxe" by Jar-Jar Thomas, the one in MAX format on SF3D. Unfortunately, that model is unconvertable to LW, I've tried several times with no success. Use the Chimera version, that one works just fine in LW, and as you're starting out, a higher-detail model isn't going to do you any good.

4. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    FINALLY........i get a reply, thanks Jedi2016, you always have the answers. :D

5. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    You got a very specific answer to a very specific (particular model for a particular program) question in less than two hours.

I'd say that's pretty damn amazing response time.

Have fun.

6. Desann2002

Apr 13, 2002
    well, i've checked the model out, and its loads up in pieces, very anoying :(

7. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Put it together and resave.

8. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Often people do alot of work on a special version of something, like LightWave, and they don't share it. They are busy making their own project and when it's over forget all about sharing the model. If somebody would like to sent the converted versions to us at SCIFI 3D we'll post it so everybody can find it more easily in the future.

9. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Often people do alot of work on a special version of something, like LightWave, and they don't share it. They are busy making their own project and when it's over forget all about sharing the model. If somebody would like to sent the converted versions to us at SCIFI 3D we'll post it so everybody can find it more easily in the future.

Yes, I agree. Also I have been planning on sharing the models I use with scifi 3d. It won't be for a while though. Maybe a new thread on this subject would be in order?

-Mike

10. Quin-Dara-Ken

Quin-Dara-Ken Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Hey sci fi 3d zoo.
    I'm making som coruscant buildings right now on blender, any chance when I finish them that you'll post them? I mean, I ask since you guys don't really have any blender files and I know some people who would appreciate having more blender files on the net period.

11. Quin-Dara-Ken

Quin-Dara-Ken Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    So two droids walk into a bar and the one droid... Oh Oops! wrong thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.