main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

star fest costumes

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    I work tomorrow (today)! -=whines=- Maybe I can get my Mom to help me Sunday morning or something before the meeting. -=crosses fingers=-

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm home from church about 12-12:30 tomorrow, so let me know

And Doc!!!!! Wooo Hooo. I might actually have my costume done in time then :D (Mookie's been after me on this one, since they're trying to get a few more in the RL, too).

3. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    My costume is about half done. Two weeks to go. I think I might just make it.

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    How's this?

[image=http://members.aol.com/ptrsonszoo/images/jenn-commando01.jpg]

Go here for the rest.

5. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Mmmmmmmmoooooookie! I haven't talked to him in a few days. I need to harrass him a bit about my pilot costume.

6. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Got my vest almost complete, then the needle breaks! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH! :mad:

7. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    HEY! Looks good, ZOO!

8. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Great Job!!!!

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah new costumes!!!! Alison & I just want to tell you guys, sleeves are evil [face_devil]
    We are having the hardest time with them on both of our outfits! I might just show up in a sleeveless Gladreil costume :D

10. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    There are no words to describe how evil sleeves are. [face_devil] Really. They never make any sense. They're very hard to pin properly - you can never get all the tabs to line up right. And did I mention that they don't make sense? You'll follow the pattern ... you'll think you understand... and then, wham! they don't work, and you're very frustrated.

Sleeves are of the Dark Side.
    Sleeves lead to frustration, :confused:
    frustration leads to anger, :mad:
    anger leads to hate, :mad: [face_devil]
    hate leads to suffering. :_|

And so, Sith Chick and I come to warn you about the evil sleeves, so that you all are not caught unaware in their trap, as we have been.

11. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I just wish they made since. if the armhole you cut out is the same on the front side & back side why would the sleeve have a different shape?

O.K enough of that. How is everybody doing? I am going to cut my sleeves for the mirror dress tonight. Finish Jeff's Quinlan pants & Han Solo shirt tonight & start on his Quinlan shirt tomorrow. We have to adjust our snowie suits tonight and finish the helmets, then all we are missing is boots. :(
    My friend is drawing me a Sith Witch costume and thanks to Leah, I have some material to start with :D

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That's 'cause sleeves have to lay a certain way, and to do that you have to attach them in a certain to the arm holes to accomplish that feat :)

I know, logic doesn't help when you're frustrated, but you asked for a reason

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Correction, I don't think we asked for help I think we were trying to warn people that they are evil [face_devil]
    But thanks for the info & logic just doesn't help when you are dealing w/ evil sleeves.

14. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    I try to avoid their evilness by buying torso gear with sleeves already properly attached......FLOL!

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I have to confess that I haven't gotten anything done either today or yesterday. [face_blush] I just needed a break after the concentrated work of the weekend. But tomorrow, tomorrow I will get back to it.

SC, I emailed a friend about my sleeves... she said it's a common sleeve design, and all she could suggest was getting some more practice material and trying alterations. :_|

Sleeves... evil... evil... evil...

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Okay, how can it be that I make an adjustment to the dress on one side, and the same symetric adjustment on the opposite side, and it works on the former but not on the latter? :confused:

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    It has the same principles as hair... Too many variables ;)

18. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    snow trooper costumes are done . just waiting on the guy in canida to get his act together with those boots .

19. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I have no idea how you could be having a problem with sleeves Allison, YOU NEVER WEAR ANYTHING WITH THEM.

I'm pretty sure I have never seen you in anything but sleeveless blouses, I thought of it as a personal signature kind of thing :)

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
  21. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    don't suppose I could get you to email me a few select shots Jen? THE. CURIOSITY. IS. KILLING ME!! ;)

C'mon, help a dragon out, will ya?

Oh, and I will SO be doing some costuming when I get home. I actually have money now (of course now that I say so, my car will blow up the first day I drive it).

22. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    No it won't, just don't think that way. JD they have these things called buses here, maybe you could use one of those? j/k
    Snowie's done. Helmets, gloves, armor, & suits, all we need is boots. I hope we get them in time or we will have real funky tennis shoe covers or something :D

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    You can always go looking for those muck boots. You can usually find them pretty cheap

24. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I can send Jeff but I could rig something if needed.

25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Huh? I wear sleeves. See? Taeriel in sleeve. And OB, you took this picture! Sorry, but experimental evidence has disproved your theory. :p Though admittedly, I've probably been wearing shirts with short or split sleeves more often.

Dang, why isn't the link working? Oh well, you can cut and paste it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.