main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

star fest costumes

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm almost done with Jeff's Han Solo outfit, then I remember he needs that trench coat, ug, his stuff takes all my time :)
    I'm going to start sewing my Mirror dress tonight, I'm scared. It's lace & you have to put the material between tissue paper so it will glide through the machine. I'll let you know if it works.
    Then I'm going to finish Quinlan Vos, then I'm going to start my Leia outfit & finish Jeff's Han outfit. If time permits I will do me another costume :D

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I got my trooper pix up on Rebel Legion already :D

Very Cool! :cool:

EDIT: Maybe after Jes' wedding I'll have the nerve to do the Imp Officer and get on w/ the 501st guys :D

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Dracuul, huh? ;)

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Yeah, I was out of names, so I played with it some. Decided she was a descendent (shhhhhhh [face_devil] )

5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm currently trying to decide whether to include the darts from my practice dress in the real thing, or try to approximate the dress without them.

Still wishing I'd thought to make the back neckline of the overdress higher, or that this had occured to me before I cut the bottom length to size. *sigh*

6. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    It will be fine, it looks real good & besides your hair is going to cover up the back.
    Lace dress is done, except hems, I need to try it on w/ underdress & see what alterations need to be done. I need someone here to help with that, I hope I can get that done today.
    My friend is working on the crown, I'm working on the robe. I hope I can finish it tonight, then all I have to do is dye it & put trim on it.
    Then I can do the other 100 things tomorrow, I hope :D
    I'm Cool, realy I am. **bitting nails**breacking out in stress bumps***
    I'm cool, I realy, realy am :D

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Deep cleansing breaths... In with the good air, out with the bad. There ya go... Now isn't that better ;)

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm in the process of cutting material for the undress. Right now I'm trying to remember how much longer I need to make it past the end of the practice one. Once the body is cut out, I'll work on the upper sleeves, and then be ready to sew.

9. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    DANG! I thought my light armour was tough to do....FLOL!

10. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Only three more sewing nights till Starfest! :eek: SC, I'm going to try to get out of work at a decent time today...

11. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Good luck!! (getting off work early).
    I feel like I worked my butt off this weekend, then to look back what did I get done? Nothing, nothing worth while!!!
    I have a plan & I'm just going to stick to it. Do one item, finish it, start another. I think that will work.

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Give me your list when I get there; I'll make sure you stick to it. ;)

Yeah, I know, I don't exactly have the most impressive track record for getting out of work on time. [face_blush]

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    ONE more little tiny night to sew :( I want to get my Leia costume done, but don't think it will happen :( Dang little details like hemming, it takes so long to do!!!!!

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Who'd have guessed hemming took so long? I spent *how* many hours hemming those sleeves?

And dang it, I'm still not done! Dang trim...

DH's Quinlin Vos looks *awesome*.

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks :D It turned out about as good as I wanted it to. You will get yours done!! You are so close, don't give up. You've worked so hard til now, finish it!

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Kim, you can borrow my Poncho if you like for the Leia costume (if you finished it that is :D )

Got almost all of my stuff together. Have to go get some shoe strings for my boots and the pads from my brother and I am all set (minus the bedpan, unfortunately :( ) And I have to press my Depa costume.

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    No I cancelled theat costume for a later time, I don't want to hove nothing to do after the con :D
    I figured it was to much brain damage, couldn't handle it.....I'm breaking up....I need sleep......must go to bed NOW!

18. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Sounds like everybody needs a nap.

19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Sorry to hear your not feeling well :(
    Wish I was home in bed!

20. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sleep? What's that? Can eat or not? Wait, is this that thing that some people use as a substitute for caffeine...? :confused: I think I remember hearing about that once.

SC - you're right. One way or another, I'll get it so that I can wear the dress. (Even if it's without that annoying trim!!) I'm just sorry that Han and Leia weren't finished.

Nap... nope. Don't need a nap. We're all fine here...

It turns out that my time-uncertain meeting was moved to Monday, so I don't have to worry about that today and can move out at a reasonable time. The down side is that it's Monday morning, so I'll have to be conscious and capable of thought!

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA After a full weekend of this crew? You really have gone off the deep end! ;) [face_laugh]

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hah. Forget this weekend, I already went off the deep end a long time ago. I'm currently floating around in the bottom depths, looking in wonder at all the pretty fishies down here... ;)

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Almost there... *thud* *falls over*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.