main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Gals only

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Matara_Healbo, Jan 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegoddesspandora

thegoddesspandora Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2001
    I never thought of SW as a guy movie. It was just my favorite movie (I guess I should say movies). When I was growing up we had a bootlegged copy. I watched it until the tape was ruined.

I'm still a huge Star Wars fan. I read the books and comics. Every Friday I stand around the comic book store and talk with the guys about Star Wars. And I like it.

I agree girl fans are different. But that's what makes us special.

I guess I'll just have to say it I still have crush on Luke. Not that I don't appreciate Han but I have just always loved Luke

2. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    I used to be afraid if people ever found out that I liked Star Wars. Yes in High School I thought what people thought of me was the most important thing ever. Then I wised up and didn't care, I personally think that is why more girls don't admit they like Star Wars. Two of my best friends are huge fans, okay not as big as me but they love Star Wars and they are both girls. One is really big on "Girl Power" though. I think Star Wars is a movie that everyone can like, it has action, romance and everything else that anyone could possible ask for in a movie. One thing in Star Wars though that brings the girl out in me is the hair styles. See when and I get married I would love to have my hair like one of the hairstyles in SW that's it. The dresses I can do with out but the hair I love it, I'm sorry but it's so elaborite and trying to think of the right word but can't. I'm growing all of my hair out right now so if I ever do find my Luke Skywalker or Han Solo then the hari will be ready. Also my bridesmaids will have the elaborite hair styles as well.

3. Jedi_Bratzilla

Jedi_Bratzilla Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2000
    Hello Lady Callie!!!

I'm so sorry I didn't see your post sooner.

If you're still interested in participating in hedonistic idol worship *wink* here is the link:

http://pub30.ezboard.com/fsoulofthejedifrm3.showMessage?topicID=14.topic

Come and join the drool fest.

Regards,
    Brat.

4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Just passing through, trying to collect posts..

So, you girls like Luke, eh?

5. Anison

Anison Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2000
    Hi.
    Being the only person I know in the "3D world" who is a SW fan to and beyond the point of wearing a Darth Maul t-shirt to school at least three times a week, I am beyond the point of caring what people think.
    I still get ticked when SW is refered to as a "guy film" because it isn't. Star Wars has a love story, a quest, family, etc, besides the action and cool hairstyles. It's really a "family film".
    ok, I'll end my sermon now.

Btw, my favorite characters are all from the EU

6. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    No no no no no...I'm a Han Solo fan. Through and through. :)

7. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Agreed Yanksfan...I don't like Luke that much. Ever since he married Mara. Even if Han's married to Leia, I don't really care.

8. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    What is everyones thoughts on Maul? I have a poster of him on my wall in my room that one of my friends gave me. She also attached a card that said "May this Sith Lord live in your dreams" All because I made one comment that I thought he looked good in red and black.

9. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I think Maul is totally hot! I wanted to see more of him in TPM. In fact you asked earlier everyone's fave. seen in the 4 movies. Well mine is the final duel in TPM. Just the way he movies is so graceful and powerful. Blew me away when I saw it on-screen!

Calli

10. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    I don't like Darth Maul, but the actor who played him, Ray Park, WOW!!! Talk about hot!!! The room is filling up with steam just talking about him!

:)

I can't count the times I've gotten into fights about weither SW is for guys. Some how I always win!:)

11. Sreya

Sreya Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2000
    Ugh, I can't stand Maul... worse than Fett, in my opinion. You couldn't possibly hand me a more one-dimensional villain than that tattooed-freak.

My younger sister, however, latched onto him almost before he was created... though that's probably because she knows I dislike him so much...

Sreya

12. NhikRath

NhikRath Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2000
    Man; I wish I knew some girls that liked SW as much as you lasses. I guess I'm stuck with girls that "liked the OT but didn't like TPM." Screw that. Maybe I'll meet a girl like you in college.

Lord Nhik Rath

13. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Maul? Yikes.

What is with all of you ladies liking the baddies? I just don't see this...I mean yeah, Luke was a little bit of a whiner in Episode IV, and Han's hair was 'poofy', but tatoos and yellow eyes? And you can't forget the horns... My brother's comment on Ray Park was "He looks like such a weiner. How can he play someone so awesome as Darth Maul and look like such a loser?"

Gee, I don't know, maybe it was the picture in the Ep 1 Scrapbook. But then everybody has those bad pictures, like the one of Ewan McGregor in a kilt. *shudder*

Personnally, I happen to like Jacen. As for OT, I'll have to go with Han. I used to like Boba Fett...don't ask.

14. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I don't know what it is about the bad guys in movies or books they always seem to attract girls. I think it's the whole bad attitude, I do agree though that Maul as a character was very weak but that was the way he was supposed to be. Look at TPM to the OT, with Vader they establish that he's mean enough to keep a Princess captive. We later learn that he also killed Luke's father then kills Ben Kenobi. Where Maul is a really cool looking character that fights really well, that's about it. I'm glad he wont be returning for Episode II. Isn't Ray Park supposed to help with some of the fights in Episode II?

I personally don't think I could find a boyfriend or spouse that loves Star Wars as much as me. I would see it as too much competition and our kids would think we are strange. He can like it of course but not as much as me, now he can't like Star Trek, that is where I draw the line.

15. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Does anyone here think Vader is scary? I think he looks like a guy you don't want to mess with, but never scary.

16. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Matara, its possible to find a guy like that. I did.

I never thought Vader was scary, he just had the whole don't mess w/ me vibe going on.

Now Maul, well to be honest I agree he was very hyped and I wouldn't have been as into as I was if I hadn't went to the Celebration and met and talked w/ Ray Park. So I guess w/ me its the man who played the villian is why I liked the character.

Calli

17. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I didn't mean not being able to find a guy like that I meant I could not date a guy that loves Star Wars as much as me. I've tried it twice and they didn't end well. They always had to try and quiz me on everything there is to know about Star Wars, it gets a little annoying.

18. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Vader still gives *me* the chills.

One of the scariest villians ever I think.

19. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Ahhh Matara, I understand now.

I dated a guy like that before, well several actually and I agree it did get annoying. I used to have this deal in high school before I dated a guy I would see how they pronounced Han . If he said like han as in hand well I wouldn't date him cause I assumed he was a jerk.

Calli

20. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    LOL Calli.

I'm gonna start using that test now. :)

21. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    Me too! :)

22. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    hehehe..

Trust me its a great test and it weeds out ALOT!

Calli

23. SithLordMara

SithLordMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    hiya! i just found this thread...tell me, is it anything like "star wars chicks"? you know that web site, right? well, i was just wondering...

i noticed that you guys were talking about who you thought was "hot" or good looking in SW...well, i have to tell you that i really couldn't stand han from the begining...and luke is ok if you like that "type" (i mean, cmon, he kissed his sister!!!) but personally, if i HAD to choose, i think i would have to pick the young obi-wan...ewan mcgregor looks pretty good, if you ask me...

but my friend that lives down the road from me is obsessed...christy has her own personal "wall o' wan" although now its kinda consuming her whole room.

and my friend virginia loves maul, she loves sleepy hollow and x-men because of him... she has her own "wall o' maul"

and me, well, i dunno, my dog is named anakin (believe it or not, it wasn't my idea) and i had the figure of qui-gon on my b-day cake. so which do you think i should begin : wall o' kin? or wall 'o gin??? hehe...later!!!

~jaded of...

24. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Ok, I'm Darth_Fruitcake (the name says it all), my fave SW movie is Empire Strikes back, and my fave character is Darth Vader. Don't ask me why, I just appreciate him. He adds a dark and moody touch to the films :)

25. LadyCallie

Apr 28, 2000
    "Wall o Maul". hehehee!!

I had a "Wall o Luke", but my mom made me take it down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.