main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Gals only

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Matara_Healbo, Jan 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    It will be easy for my to see if someone is following me to work because I leave so early in the morning. The person doesn't match anyone I work with though. I'm only hoping that it's a friend from high school that recognized me some how and thought I lived there. I do look a little like my friends dad though, we have the same color hair and we are both short. I'll check out the book though. My friends family is also looking out for the guy as well and if he comes back. I told myself not to worry about it but now it's really getting to me.

2. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I've told the people I work with the story, okay those that I trust and mostly those that deal with the public in my office. If someone comes in matching the discription of the guy and asks for me then to come and get me so I can see if I do know the guy or not.

Callie, I did get the book today and I'm going to start reading it. I'm only hoping it's a friend from High School that saw me and wanted to say hi.

3. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Wow that's kinda freaky....a friend of mine had a random stalker once. She didn't even know the guy. Umm....I don't remember how she got rid of him.

Big help, aren't I?

4. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Ok, thats good Matara.

I wish I could tell you more about what he said. Well you have the book now. So you'll find out.

I had a guy at my work, that it could have turned into a stalking situation and how it didn't is beyond me. I've just come to the realization I am waaay to nice.

You know Matara your situation has me wondering something. How many here have been in a situation kinda like that or potential for it. Cause a friend of mine and I were talking and I think every gal goes thru something like that at least once in there life.

5. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Some people think I am blowing this way out of proportion and I might be. But the thing that has me so confused is that he went to my friends house and aske for ME. Only a handful of people knew I would be there and only one out of them knew how to get there and they where gone until I think 6 that evening. My family thinks it is causeing paranoia but I believe there is a thin line between prepared and paranoia. I think I would rather be very prepared.

6. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I agree with the thin line.

But you know after reading all of John Douglas's books. I think you should be a of little both.

My husband says I am paranoid, but he's also the 1st to tell me, that he likes it that I am careful and always look in the back of my vechilce before I get in.

But you know Matara, if your gut is telling you something isn't right. Go w/ your gut. I always go w/ mine.

7. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    That's always my first instinct. I'm wondering if I should only read the sections on stalkers or the whole book. I'm on the first few pages and it seems pretty good so far.

What's really weird about this though is where ever I go I'm always looking around. It was strange yesterday because on my ride home from work all of a sudden there were all these guys in cars looking at me and winking. Before I would have though what jerks, now I'm like what if it's them. My friends and family and I are all hoping that I'm mistaken about this whole thing. Now I'm seeing all of these guys around me that match the guys discription.

8. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    That is weird.

Matara, I suggest reaading the whole book. If memory serves, he talks about stalking a little bit all the way thru it. Cause stalking is the overall focus of the book.

His 1st book was just about his life and him interviewing all captured serial killers.

His 2nd book was focused on sexual predators and that sort of thing.

All his books tell the reader how to be pro-active and not be a victim.

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Hello girls, JJJedi here.

My favorite OT character is Luke, my favorite EU character is Kyp Durron, and my favorite movie is a toss-up between ROTJ and ESB. I'm still in high school, and I usually keep the fact hidden that I like Star Wars, but I do have a Luke Skywalker button on my jacket.

Matara, about your problem: I know a girl who was being "stalked" by another girl. My friend was getting letters from her, and every time this girl saw my friend, she said "Hi". These were not your normal "Hi's" and yor normal "gossip letters", but they were a little more serious than that. (EWW) My friend got someone to write a lettter to this girl, since she couldn't write it herself. To top it off, I knew this other girl, AND she also rides my bus. She also has a really bad short haircut. The point that I'm trying to make Matara, is that sometimes you have to take action, just like my friend did. (You get my point? Because it's kind of had to explain if you don't know them.)

10. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I get the point but I'm trying to find out who it is first. One thing though I'm not going to let this get to me. I'm not going to shut myself in my house and never go out. Besides my 'Gut' hasn't been telling me anything as of late like it was when I first heard about the guy. I am going to read the whole book as well because it's getting interesting. I couldn't put it down while I was at work.

11. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Callie,
    Thank you for suggesting the book. I can't believe the information it gives you. I'm not even half way through it yet but I am enjoying it, all of the info Douglas is giving the readers. Have you read any of his other books?

Listen gals I suggest you read this book, I believe it will help you so much. The authors also don't blame the victims for what happened to them. Go out and get the book I'm serious, I can't stress it enough.

Oh yeah I also found out that the guy may not have said my last name, I found out yesterday that my friend has two people in the neighborhood with my first name. But we aren't going to be sure until her dad gets back from getting his dad back from Aruba. So there is the possibiltiy that he was looking for one of those ladies. Thank you all for the advice though, it is making me more aware of what is going on around me.

12. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Matara,
    Your so welcome! I have read all 3 of his books. All of them are so informative! Each of them focus on different things to beware of.

13. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I wish I could chose this book for my book club. I can but my friends said I can't choose another book that I've already read. I've told them all about the book though and they might read it. I might choose one of his other books for one of our meetings. I agree on how informative the books it. I was shocked at the way the ER doctors where treating the rape victims. I told my sister about it and she was shocked herself. Then she goes into the whole thing of 'But in E.R they don't treat them that way.'

Anyway I really think the whole stalker thing was a miss understanding of information. But it did give me a scare and I have become more aware what goes on around me. The only thing that is bad about all of the information given in the book it seems as though you can't be nice to people anymore.

14. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Yes I'm back and I know you all missed me. Anyway I was wondering how most of you prefure your men. You know as in facial hair. Do they have to be clean shaven or a little scruffy, maybe a goatee, or the hair abound the mouth? I was only wondering. The ladies I work with we all got into this discussion today.

15. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Well well, here is a little entertaining story for you all today:

Well my friend, the guy I like, he did ask my other mutual friend to the dance (but not out!) and you know, he tends to drool all over her a bit...but the funniest thing happened. One of our other friends heard that she is actually *jealous* of me! I have no clue why, but it's sort of funny. I think it's because me and him went to the mall together on Saturday, and we talk online, but she is actually jealous of me, when she's the one going to the dance with him. I guess she considers me a threat to their relationship, even if she doesn't really *like* him, other then the point of attachment. She actually likes some other kid and decided to go with my friend "to be nice" Hmm, now that's certainly not fair to be jealous over, isn't it? And it's not like I "flirt" (I don't believe in "flirting") with him, we're only friends. It's kind of nice to have people jealous over you, anyone else ever have someone envy them?

No one has EVER envied me before...with good reason!

16. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I had people envy the way that I can get up infront of a class and start teaching. I started doing it in my Math class when I was a senior and it seems like every year after that I end up having to teach a class and I'm always the only one that isn't nervous about it. A lot of girls envy how I can get guys to do things for me as well. One of my friends invited me to a religion class of hers, her mom came of course, but when it was over with we had to put our chairs up. Well there was this guy sitting next to me and took my chair and put it away for me, she REALLY didn't like that one. I've had people envy my hair if that counts. They always say this wish they had natural curl and how easy it would be to do it in the morning. I always told them they could have it and the problems that went with it as well.

I guess since I'm hear I'll tell you what I prefure a guy, I like the hair around the mouth. I don't know what it is. I don't mean a full on beard mind you I mean the small goatee and mustache combo. One thing though it has to be kept neat, none of this too long stuff where you can barely see their faces behind the hair. I'm also sort of fond of the premature graying, I think it adds character to them.

17. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Back! Sorry its been awhile, but its been crazy over here.

Matara, I'm glad it was just a mis-understanding. Glad you enjoyed the book. I know what you mean about after reading it you feel you can't be nice to anyone. I felt that way. I'm still friendly w/ people, but now as I'm being friendly, I'm also very aware of whats going on around me and what possibly could be this person's motives. Like you I was shocked as well how the ER treated rape victims. Did you tell your sister 1 was a TV show and the other was real life?

Facial hair...I like the little moustace and goatee combo. Granted for a long while I didn't like any facial hair. But when I was dating my husband thats what he has and it grew on me. I tried to get him to shave it off and of course he said no cause he would look about 12 w/out it.

Now to the envy topic...Matara, I have naturally curly hair as well! People all the time tell me how pretty they think it is and all the while if you had for 1 day in summer no less you'd want to shave your head.In high school I had no problems talking to guys.In fact I would set my friends up on dates w/ my talent. Yet for me, I was always just the friend and never the date.

18. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    That was me as well. I could set my friends up with anyone but I was the one that didn't date or I was asking the guys out. I stopped that my Senior year and I refuse to be the one to ask a guy out. I still want to shave my head though because I get tired of the curls getting in the way or not doing what I want them to do. If you haven't used the new Pantien ProV (sp?) for curls, I've started using it and I am seeing a big difference in the way that my hair acts now. It's easier to manage as well.

19. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I haven't tried that shampoo yet. What I use is Bed Head. Its a little pricey, but works really well. You can get it at most salons. I usually wear my hair in a ponytail or clip my sides so its out of my face.

20. ArnaKyle

Nov 12, 2000
    Yep, that's how it always seems to go. I have a plethora of guy friends, everyone gets along with me well since sadly I guess they consider me "one of the guys." We all like Star Wars, the Matrix, Simpsons, anime, and just about everything the same, yet when it comes to getting a date, they always go for the 'normal' gals. I don't know, it does have its advantages, but also it's downfalls.

As for shampoo, I have yet to find something that works for me. My hair is straight as it can get, and nothing seems to work. I normally just let it go, but sometimes I hold it back with barettes.

Oh, and something rather interesting happened...I found out why that girl's jealous of me...because her date doesn't hang all over me! That's pretty funny, she literally hates his guts now that she knows him! She told my other friend that she thought he was annoying and she couldn't stand him. I don't want to say anything, but I feel really bad for my guy friend, he's crazy over her. Augh, the troubles of love... Meanwhile that everyone else in the grade is going to the big dance, *I* am going to my friends for a pizza eating contest.

21. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I remembered another reason why some people envy my hair, it's because I don't have split ends. I don't think I've ever had them, I should have them though, every morning I blowdry my hair and then put it up in hot curlers. If that's not damage I don't know what is. I do the curlers to enhance the curl I already have and to give a little volume as well. I'm trying to grow it all out, I used to have bangs and now I don't. I don't like to do much with the hair I usuall bring over one side across my forhead and clip it there, it usually says better when I have curled my hair than when I wear it straight.

I brought up the whole facial hair thing only because the guy that remembered my bowling name has the mustache and goatee look going. Oh yeah he also has premature graying as well, I have that too, for some reason people with dark hair tend to get it. I've had mine since I was 11 I think. I played volleyball on monday with, oh we'll call him Ace, and I really impressed him with some of my dives that I did. I was paying for them days later but hey they were very impressive. I'm really not into sports but hey if your playing with a cute guy you pretty much do anything.

22. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Do you think Estrogin has something to do with jealousy? Have you ever been jealous when a guy you like is talking to another girl? I hate it when that happens to me. I try and rationalize that he's not mine, there is no ring on my finger so I have no reason to be jealous. Many strange and fun stories to go on along with this one.

23. ArnaKyle

Nov 12, 2000
    I don't know, interesting question. I guess it's possible, but I always tend to talk myself out of it. I do tend to get a bit "disappointed"...but not really, because I do talk with him anyway as it is, and since there is no attachment, I let it go. Now, his date to the dance (he gets really ticked if you say it's his girlfriend) certainly has a bit of jealousy in her! She is constantly ticked at someone for talking to him, and so, I think she's a bit mad at me, since we've been to the mall twice, talk online, sit with each other at lunch, and are going to Laser Quest tomorrow. I sort of enjoy the jealousy towards me, don't know if that's "normal" or "healthy" but everyone tells me I'm "warped" and "twisted".

It's an interesting theory, I don't think I've known guys to be jealous much. Speaking of theories...my friend has one that is rather fascinating.

She thinks it is possible to subconciously like someone, that you may not want to admit it because you tell yourself it isn't right, or so forth, but you do in the back of your mind. Obviously, if your concious doesn't believe you do, you wouldn't think this. Anyone have any thoughts on that? And that brings up a second question. Do you tell yourself that it is wrong to like someone if they are "attached" with anyone, or perhaps a friend?

24. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I think some people feel attracted to someone who is already dating somone else because they can't have them, or something like that.

I've figured I'm fly paper for freaks now, or just weirdos. I have another strange story to tell you all. Last night I had to go and pick up some blank tapes so I could record some of my sisters Collective Soul songs onto them. Well on my way out to my car this guy comes out from behind an Econoline van and asks me if I like perfume. All of a sudden that whole e-mail about the knock out perfume enters my mind and I stammered. "I'm allergic." and run off to my car. I know you may be thinking I'm crazy but it was about a quarter to 9, I was alone and it was in a semi dark parking lot. Now if you were put in that same possition what would you have done? You know I'm tired of being scared by people who feel they must torment me for awhile. Why do they have to come after me? There was a whole parking lot full of people why choose me?

Okay that's enough with my little stories for the day.

25. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Okay gals just so you know it's still me Matara I just thought I should change my name and become the real me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.