main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Gals only

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Matara_Healbo, Jan 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Why the name change?

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Well I really like Marold better. Also for the longest time the site wouldn't let me log in for some reason so I made up a new name. Then when I finally got logged in I decided to keep the second name, it suits me better. There's a whole story behind the nickname as well but it's not very important. I may switch back to Matara though I don't know. I want to see how Marold is accepted.

3. Releqy_AKla

Releqy_AKla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2001
    Marold, about the perfume incident, here's my 2 cents: Saying "I'm allergic" and bolting was the best thing to do! It's better to seemingly look stupid and be safe, then to care about someone else's opinion of you and end up being a victim.

I'm not trying to increase the paranoia, but I just wanna be informative with this info (this is especially helpful if you live in Toronto). Here in Toronto, the perfume thing happened quite a bit a few months ago, in mall parking lots during the day.
    Plus, there's been incidents of women disappearing from their cars. Apparently, there's a gang who's initiation rights include bringing back a woman's body part. Men have been sneaking into the back seats of unlocked car doors if a woman steps out of her car. When she gets back in and drives a bit, he'll cut her ankles to keep her from escaping, kill her, and take a body part back to the gang.

I am SO disturbed that this is happening where I live. I just wanted to pass on the info to remind gals to lock their car doors always! Has this type of thing been occurring in anyone else's city??! (Sorry about my "intense" post; I'm just freaked out about this).

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I've told all of my girlfriends in my area about it and so now none of them go anywhere without someone else being with them. Since my whole stalker thing a few weeks ago my parents told my family memebers never to let me go anywhere alone. Well when the perfume thing happened I asked my little brother, okay he's a full head taller then me but he's still younger. He said he didn't want to go because he had to work on his truck, he was sitting in it listening to his radio. I wasn't going to argue with him because whenever I do argue I get in trouble so I went by myself. He's still saying he's sorry for not going with me. He also scared me when I got home. He was parked in the driveway and when I walked passed his truck he turns on the lights and honks the horn. Okay after what I went through that was not what I needed. Yes he didn't know but I hate it when people do that to me and he knows it.

5. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Well the perfume thing hasn't happened here in awhile. I have heard that happening before.

Oh and the ankle bit was happening here a few years ago.

Sadly, the gang activities have been on a rise for the past few years. The body part iniation has been going on here for a few months. I mean I'm in Oklahoma and its getting and in some areas.My dad deals w/ juvienille offenders and most of them are gang related. In fact he has tons of info about and made me and my mom read up on all of it so we would be informed.

Actually in this day in age, I don't think its being paranoid . I believe in being well-prepared.

6. Queen_Tofuti

Queen_Tofuti Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2000
    You're right. Here in California, the woman's body part/initiation thing is still happening. In fact my sister has sent me several emails on the subject to remind me to watch out for myself when going to gas stations and such. Gangs are really bad out here. I have been more aware of my surroundings when I'm getting gas at night and have made sure that all the car doors are locked when I exit the car. Oh yeah and I only go to brightly lit places. You can never be too careful. Pretty scary stuff this is.

7. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Well here they have been sending gang members here and so alot of California gangs are popping up in areas all over. Mainly Ok.City and Tulsa. Not saying some other towns don't have activity. Its just those 2 are the worse at the moment.

8. SithGurl

SithGurl Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2001
    hey i'm amy! and if it's not gonna get me yelled ati'll tell you who my favorite character is. hehe.
    Darth Maul. i have to admit he's rather good with that lightsabre.
    *blushing* :)
    and my favorite movie is one of the calssics...of course ESB

9. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Glad you decided to join us SithGurl. I too am a Maul fan. For my 18 birthday one of my friends gave me the Sith Lord poster and I have it hanging above my bed. I think it has something to do with the whole black outfit, okay at least for me it does. Now every year my friends give me something with Darth Maul on it. One friend was going to get me a double bladed lightsaber but then she kept it for herself. How selfish.

10. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Hi SithGurl and welcome !

I am a HUGE Maul fan, well leaning more to the guy who played Maul. ;) But thats another story.

Glad you joined our little group.

Speaking of double-bladed sabers, I finally got 1 when Toys R' Us was doing a clear-out sale for $4.99. :D

So now I have Maul's and Luke's saber.

11. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I realized today that I am such a sucker for romance. I hate it that I love to see a happy ending. I think it's cute when a guy goes out of his way to do something for you. A lady I work with has a boyfriend who whenever he goes over to her house he always brings her a rose or any type of flower. Even when they go someplace like the gas station he'll buy her a rose. Yes it is a gas station rose but still the thought is what counts.

12. LaraNotsil

LaraNotsil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2000
    Hey folks, whats up?

well lets see, if you can't tell from my UserName, my fav character is LaraNotsil.

I dunno why, she just reminds me soooooo much of myself its not funny.

13. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Hey welcome Lara!

She's a cool character, course I'm biased I love the Wraith Squadron books.

14. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Yes more Wraith fans. I love those books, I'm reading Wraith Squadron right now for the fourth or fifth time.

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Gee gals, where did we all go?

16. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Well, I can't speak for the rest of the thread, but I have been really busy on this end.

17. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
  18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    This place needs to come up again.

19. Wessiri

Wessiri Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2001
    Wraiths....Rogues....as long as Wedge is there I'm happy!

Hi all, it's good to find another haunt for female SW fans. (Sometimes, the roar of the testosterone is deafening).

It's good to be female, especially when the SW galaxy has so many great men in it - like Wedge and....and...other great men. And you know what they say: behind every great man is a great behind.

Force Wishes,
    IW.

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Hey welcome to the group. I like that quote.

21. Wessiri

Wessiri Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2001
    Thanks. It's good to be here.

Having had a look around, this place seems like a good community to be a part of. Are there any hints on where a girl should go if she wants to be part of the action?

22. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Check out the JC community. It's usually a live with posters, there are also a lot of different topics to discuse as well. Hope to see you around.

23. Wessiri

Wessiri Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2001
    Hey Marold, thanks for the tip. :)

BTW, how much drooling is permissable here? Cos I could go on about Wedge all day.

24. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I don't think any of us really care how much you drool. Just make sure you mop up after you leave.

25. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Hey welcome Wessiri!

yeah, we have been kinda in a slump here of late.

Nice to see another who likes the Rouges. I'm a Corran gal myself, along w/ liking several other SW men.But anyway....

The drool doesn't bother me at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.