main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star (no) Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Seagoat, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    So I was in a thread asking about which titles were people's personal favourites, when it suddenly came to mind that so far, all of them at least imply a sort of aggression. I got to thinking.... what if we actually had a SW movie with all the stars, but none of the wars?

Simply a movie about everyday life in the galaxy, for average people, for Jedi, for aristocrats, whatever floats your boat. I think it would be an interesting spin on things to just have a relaxed film with no ill intent to be seen

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  2. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014
    The idea sounds interesting in theory, but I'm not sure I could really sit through a 2-hour documentary on moisture farmers on Tatooine, or the Star Wars equivalent to C-SPAN. The political intrigue stuff wasn't exactly my most favorite part of the prequels, so I couldn't really see that being the entire movie.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A Fireflyesque movie? Yes please.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    How about a comedy show set in the GFFA with jokes that only fans will get? :p

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I now want a 3 hour epic based on Sanford & Son, featuring the classic comedic adventures of Watto and Lamont running their junk shop. Hilarity ensues.

6. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    A film set entirely in the mos eisely cantina! Like a Cheers feature film, with Ted Danson as Chalmun. Also featuring Greedo's stepson.

Sandtrooper92 likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012

Lulu_Mars likes this.
  8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    SW reality show marathon. [face_sick]

9. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014

I just got an image of the cantina band playing the Cheers theme stuck in my head :p LOL!

Sarge likes this.
  10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Force Smuggler: Thank you! That's pretty awesome :) I've only skimmed through it so far, but I gotta say it seems decent. Almost hard to believe that's not the real Jar Jar ;)
    BTW, I loved the answer to "What do you do with a dog from Endor?" [face_laugh]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It felt appropriate.
    It's not as good as some of Starkid's other stuff but still really enjoyable. Brian Holden as JJ is awesome. The funniest moment imo is
    after the podrace when Qui-Gon shows up to Obi-Wan. The puns from Qui-Gon and the reactions from Obi-Wan.

Lulu_Mars likes this.
  12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    A star wars version of Trailer Park Boys.

13. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    "Moisture Farm Boys"

Just gotta make sure the guy wearing black has a glass of blue milk at all times! :p

rumsmuggler likes this.
  14. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Really?

A New Hope & Return of the Jedi, to me these titles have no implied aggression whatsoever :confused:

15. Revious Nugo

Revious Nugo Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 14, 2014
    I'm actually hoping for a spinoff like this... as for the saga films, please keep the "wars" in it.

Pensivia likes this.
  16. Pax Sithus

Pax Sithus Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2014
    I would so watch this.
    I am doing casting in my head right now.

17. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

So basically Star Wars: Galaxies.

18. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

10 blue bounty hunter aliens stuck in Mos Eisley cantina searching for a blue alien. Which one is the bounty? And which will catch him?

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  19. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That's what the games are for. It would be neat to see a Sims kind of game in the Star Wars universe.
    We've kind of seen the "no wars" in the other movies with the commoners on Tatooine in ANH and TPM and on Coruscant in Attack of the Clones. The people milling about in Dex's Diner and the Outlander Club fascinate me. I would like to see how an average middle class Coruscant family does things, meets, has kids, goes to school, plays with pets,decorates an apartment, visits other planets, cooks dinner for guests and questions if something a human likes would be appetizing to an Ithorian or a human from another planet. I want to know how it all smells.

Bail B. Baobab and Pensivia like this.
  20. Revious Nugo

Revious Nugo Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 14, 2014
    How about if lucasfilm launched a website called Facehologram where we can look at fake profiles of billions of random galactic citizens? Then we could see how the commoners live.

or at least glamorized versions of their real lives.

21. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I'd enjoy a Snatch type film with Star Wars bounty hunters all going after the same thing. Watching them bumble around and all.

22. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The closest to that would be that Holonet News page Lucasfilm set up leading up to Attack of the Clones.

23. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I was hoping for a spinoff on the Simpsons star wars style.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ice Cream Man: The Sober Years.

Sarge likes this.
  25. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    ...one of the more interesting Star Trek episodes was "Lower Decks" that focused on some junior officers rather than the usual high-ranking crew. I would think that a story of an "average" person living in the Star Wars universe, living under the fear and oppression of the Empire and escaping to join the Rebels, might make a good story.

Sarge likes this.