main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star of Telos (AU Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon) Completed 4 March

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sabe126, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Title ? Star of Telos
    Author - Sabe126
    Rating ? PG13
    Category ? Alternative Universe. Adventure. Inspired by the events of Attack of the Clones.
    Spoilers: Major spoilers for The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

Although this is the final part of the ?Duty Trilogy? (see bio for details) all three stories stand alone as separate adventures.

Summary ? Three years after the events of the Phantom Menace a disturbance in the force leads Qui-Gon Jinn on a mission to discover the fate of his new apprentice?s former Master, Sifo-Dyas. When Qui-Gon disappears, Mia and Obi-Wan Kenobi face a desperate search to find him, as tensions in the Senate threaten the stability of the Republic.

Disclaimer - The Star Wars universe, characters, etc belong to George Lucas and Lucas Film Ltd. The quotes from AOTC, TPM and ANH belong to Lucas Film Ltd and their respective scriptwriters. Moulin Rouge belongs to Baz Luhrmann and Fox. The quotes from various songs belong to the writers. These will be listed in the relevant sections. As will the quotes from other fan fics. The character of Mia belongs to me. This story is for entertainment only and no profit is being made. No copyright infringement is intended.

Quote from Attack of the Clones by George Lucas and Jonathan Hales.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

?It?s a great pity that our paths have never crossed before Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon always spoke very highly of you. I wish he were still alive, I could use his help right now.? Count Dooku looked up at the Jedi Knight suspended in the force field. Turning his head to face him Obi-Wan replied, ?Qui-Gon Jinn would never join you.? Dooku shook his head as he continued to circle the Jedi Knight, ?Don?t be so sure my young Jedi. You forget that he was once my apprentice just as you were once his. He knew all about the corruption in the Senate, but he would never have gone along with it if he had known the truth as I have.?

7 years earlier

Qui-Gon Jinn surveyed his surroundings; in the twilight the dense jungle of Yavin 4 was not a welcoming place. From far off he heard the roar of whatever creature called the jungle home but the danger he could sense was much closer. Leaving the partly hidden wreckage of the shuttle behind the Jedi Master returned to the relative safety of the Massassi Temple.

He could no longer feel the disturbance in the force that had led him from Dantooine to Yavin 4 in his search for Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas. As he reached the Temple he froze as he heard voices, they had moved and were heading in his direction. ?Can we afford to be mixed up in anything like this so soon after the Trade Federation and so close to the trial??

Late that night Obi-Wan Kenobi returned to his rooms at the Jedi Temple. Sensing someone was there, he reached for his lightsaber but stopped when he realised who it was. He found his former Master?s new padawan curled up on the couch asleep. Mia woke up when he switched on the lights.

?Obi-Wan!? She looked around her, and then remembered where she was, ?Qui-Gon?s in trouble?.?

2. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Ah-ha! First reply goes to me! :D

Great start, Sabe. Can't wait to see what Qui-Gon and friends learn on Yavin 4.

To quote my favorite protocol droid, "Here we go again."

3. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Yay! I get second reply! And I found this all by myself!

Great start Sabe, I already love it. And just like KA said, and C3P-O, and whoever else, "Here we go again."

I can't wait for another post. To find out what's happened to Qui-Gon.

:D JB

4. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    *popping my head in*

hmmmm, very interesting. more soon please. ;)

5. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Great to see you started this, Sabe, and what a great start! I'll pop in as often as I can. :)

6. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Hola! I'm here!!! Great start. :D

7. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Knight-Ander- Welcome KA! I wondered who would be first :) Glad you are here.

Jedi-Bounty - I'm glad you like it. Thanks for coming back.

Arldetta - Thanks for popping by, hope you will come back for more.

Arwyn - Thanks Arwyn. I know how busy you are.

Master Comedy Kitty - Hola! I am pleased that you dropped by.

Here we go again! This won't be updated every day, I'm aiming for a couple of times a week.

In this alternate universe, Obi-Wan is 23 and Mia is 17.

Next post Tuesday.

Sabe126

8. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Yeah! You started! :)

No one brought the champaign and chocolate to the thread yet to celebrate? Tisk! Tisk -

That is a wonderful beginning Sabe
    Starting out with a little intrigue - I like!

9. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    nice work so far... can't wait for more... :)

10. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    Hmm... very interesting. Where is Anakin in the midst of all this?

Good start, Sabe, you've got the potential for a great story! PM me when you've updated... :D

11. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    It's tuesday. ;)

And I'm waiting. :D

12. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Morning up!

13. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Fab and TJ - Great to see you! Thanks for reading!

Jedi-Thespian - Thanks for dropping by. Anakin will be making an appearance or 2 soon. Will pm you when this is updated.

Fab - Thanks for the up!

Arldetta and everyone else, sorry to keep you waiting! It's now wednesday here and a combination of Darth writers block and my sister's birthday have meant that I have only written half of the next instalment. Will post it later today (wednesday).

Sabe126

14. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Chapter 1 - Coruscant
    Part 1

Quote from Baz Lurhmann?s ?Moulin Rouge.?

'Tell me what?s wrong?'

?What??

?Qui-Gon?s in trouble!?

?What sort of trouble and how did you get in here anyway?? Obi-Wan asked sitting down.

?Qui-Gon told me the security code, but that?s not the point! I don?t know what sort of trouble; I just know that he is. We have to find him,? she jumped to her feet.

?Calm down, how do you know??

?He hasn?t been in contact for two days and??

Obi-Wan shook his head, ?Two days Mia is nothing to worry about, Qui-Gon may have a good reason.?

?I know but that was before I saw him.?

?Where??

?I don?t know, I was meditating.?

?Sit down and tell me exactly what happened.?

------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier that day

Mia paced the living area of the rooms she shared with Qui-Gon, she knew that she was probably overreacting to his lack of contact. He had left for Dantooine over a week before and had contacted her everyday. Deciding to meditate she cleared her mind and relaxed into the force. An image of Qui-Gon flashed through her mind, he was standing in front of a large stone structure, lightsaber raised, there was danger?Snapping back to reality Mia reached out through the training bond but it was closed to her.

Leaving the apartment she took the stairs to the fifth level. She knew who could help but there was no sign of Kenobi. Arriving at the Council Chamber Tower she was told that the Council were not in session as some of its members were at the Senate awaiting the results of that night?s vote. So Mia headed for Coco Town in search of Obi-Wan.

?Mia, what can I get for you? Jawa Juice??

?Hi Dex, no thanks. Have you seen Obi-Wan??

The besalisk shook his head, ?Not today. Is it important??

?I hope not.?

?If I see him I?ll tell him you are looking.?

?Thanks Dex.?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Obi-Wan nodded in understanding; he had received her message from Dex and had returned to the Temple. ?Have you told anyone about this??

?Yes, I went to the Senate, Yoda and Mace were there?.?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mace Windu watched the proceedings in the Senate intently. Almost every viewing gallery was occupied and every Senator was in attendance, this was the most important vote of the new session. The arena was silent as the result was announced by Mas Amedda, ?This body has voted in favour of the raising of taxes on worlds along the outlying trade routes.?

Mace shook his head, another tax rise, how the affected worlds along the trade roots would react was difficult to predict. He hoped that there would not be a repetition of the violence on Eriadu the previous year. After a massive tax rise along the trade routes in an effort by the Senate to control the influence of the major trading powers, businesses had begun to desert these planets and those who relied on them for their existence has protested. Yoda interrupted his thoughts, ?Send Jedi to Eriadu we must.? Mace nodded in response, ?It might not be enough.?

Yoda sighed, ?Wait and see we will.? However he was not hopeful, following the crushing by the ruling government of the protest on Eriadu, a shocked Senate had promised that there would be no increased taxation, no one wanted a repeat of the Naboo blockade. But a Senate riddled with corruption and the need to maintain power had a short memory.

?Padawan Mia,? Yoda turned to the entrance to the gallery where Mia waited. ?I did not know that so interested in politics you were.? She entered the gallery and bowed, ?I am sorry to interrupt Masters but this cannot wait.? They listened in silence as she told them about the vision and as she finished Mia did not miss the look that passed between the two Jedi Masters. ?If Qui-Gon has not been in touch by tomorrow evening report to the Council, ? Mace told her. Yoda nodded, ?Bring Obi-Wan with you if no contact has been made.? Mace smi

15. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Great post, Sabe. Nicely done examples of the political procedures in the senate.

One question, though, how many years before Duty does this take place? I think I've lost track. :)

Oh, and pass on a belated "Happy Birthday" to your sister for me. ;) :D

16. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Mia must be beside herself - visions of Qui in trouble. I do hope it is nothing, but Mia's visions do tend to be right on!
    Good post Sabe!

17. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    woah... kinda freeky...

can't wait to see what's up

and i second the question ander had about how many years this is before Duty...

18. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    You have exiting elements! Qui-Gon's missing-in-action, and an assassination attempt! WOW! You need to write more and let us know where you're headed. This is very unpredictable. I have no clue as to what's going to happen next! EEP!

Keep it up! :D

19. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Early morning up, will answer questions later.

Next post friday hopefully or saturday.

Sabe126

20. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Knight-Ander - Nicely done examples of the
    political procedures in the senate.

Thanks. Just trying to set the scene.

FAB Mia must be beside herself - visions of Qui in trouble. I do hope it is nothing, but Mia's visions do tend to be right on!

This is Star Wars so the chances of it all being nothing are quite remote! :)

Thanks TJ. To answer yours and KA's question this takes place about a year before the main events of Duty.

Jedi-Thespian - Qui-Gon's missing-in-action, and an assassination attempt! WOW! You need to write more and let us know where you're headed.

Thanks! The Galaxy is experiencing some turberlent times. More coming soon.

Sabe126

21. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    I too enjoyed the goings-on in the Senate. Nicely done, Sabe! :) And now an attempt on Padme's life and Qui-Gon is in trouble! Things are heating up! Good! :D

22. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Arwyn - Things are heating up!

Yes and are about to get hotter!

---------------------------------------------

Part 2

Quote from the 'Elephant Love Medley' from Moulin Rouge.

Nothing will keep us together

Mia crossed the central hallway of the Temple, there had been no contact from Qui-Gon and it was almost time to meet Obi-Wan and the Council. A few hours of blaster practice had failed to take her mind off of the situation and she hoped that the Council would say that they could leave immediately to search for Qui-Gon. They had already wasted a day and her mind blocked out the possible consequences of this.

?Mia!? Anakin Skywalker came running towards her. ?What is it Anakin?? The 12 year old looked upset. ?Have you heard any news about Padmé?? She shook her head. ?No one will tell me anything and I have to know if she is alright.? His eyes shone with tears. ?We?ll find out, don?t worry.?

The hallways of the Senate were crowded as the evening session was still in progress. Everyone was waiting to find out how the newly taxed worlds would react, so far there had been no protests but the news had yet to filter through to some of the more volatile worlds on the Outer Rim. The Senate was also still reeling from the news of the attack on Queen Amidala, rumours were flying throughout the building, the latest being that Amidala had survived but had been injured, how badly, no one knew.

Mia returned from the reception desk and they took the lift to the fifth level where the Naboo box was situated. The senate had just been adjourned for the day and as they approached they say Senator Parda leave. Anakin ran up to him, ?Senator!? The man turned and smiled when he saw who it was, ?Young Skywalker, isn?t it? What can I do for you?? ?How is the Queen please?? Parda?s smile vanished ?Of course, sorry.? He motioned them both onto the viewing platform. ?Queen Amidala is fine. At the time of the attack her place was taken by a decoy, who I regret to say was quite badly injured.? Anakin said nothing, his brow creased with worry and concern. Mia stepped forward, ?Thank you for your time Senator.? He nodded to them and left.

?Who was behind the attack Mia?? Anakin asked. ?No one knows yet but I am sure that they will soon.? ? Master Qui-Gon will know what to do?, Anakin sounded confident. ?He?s not here.? ?When will he be back?? ?I don?t know Anakin.? Mia realised that she had to get back to the Temple to meet Obi-Wan. ?I don?t know where he is.? Leaving the box they walked off down the corridor, each lost in their own thoughts and neither saw the Supreme Chancellor as he emerged from the next viewing platform.

-------------------------------------------------------

?Finally.? Obi-Wan looked up as Mia entered the Council chamber waiting area. ?Sorry,? she explained what had happened. ?At least Amidala is safe,? he looked relieved. ?Any word from Qui-Gon?? She shook her head. ?They think I imagined it but I didn?t, I swear. He always makes contact.? Obi-Wan nodded, he believed her. He knew that Qui-Gon made a point of letting Mia know where he was on missions after Sifo-Dyas had disappeared for weeks at a time leaving her alone at the Temple.

The doors to the chamber opened, ?Ok, let?s go.? Mia followed him into the chamber, both bowed to the Jedi Masters gathered there. Mace looked at Mia, ?I take it that there has been no contact from Qui-Gon?? ?No Master Windu.? ?What about visions?? She shook her head. Obi-Wan spoke up, ?I believe that Qui-Gon would have made contact if he had been able to.? Mia sent him a silent thank you; she was glad that he was taking it seriously.

?Hrmphh, we do take this seriously,? Yoda spoke up, ?but jump to conclusions we must not.? Obi-Wan tried not to smile as Mia looked at the floor in embarrassment. ?Do you know where Qui-Gon went?? Mace asked. ?Yes, he left for Dantooine a little over a week ago.? Obi-Wan told him. ?I believe that you were recently there,? Mace continued. It was Mia?s turn to smile,

23. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Palpy watching, and is that Dooku with Qui-Gon? :eek:

The plot thickens. :D

24. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    *waits for a new post to clear up all the confusion i have... but realizes confusion is due to school and also that now i'm writing two totally different stories in two different genres*

the joys of the multi-tasker

25. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    You posted! Yeah!
    Sabe, this is so mysterious - love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.