main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star of Telos (AU Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon) Completed 4 March

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sabe126, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    This final instalment is set 7 years after Telos and takes place straight after events in Attack of the Clones. For those who haven?t read Duty (the first part of the Trilogy) a synopsis of events follows this. The final part of the Epilogue ties up some of the loose ends from the Trilogy but will hopefully make sense!

Thanks to FAB for your help and suggestions with this final part and for allowing me to use one of your lines. (see italics)

-----------------------------------------

Obi-Wan,

My time at the Retreat has given me the chance to realise the significance of my dreams. I never get past the attack. The dreams seem to be leading up to an important event in my life, what might be the final event. Oh, I know that Master Yoda would say that the future is always in motion but the only time I saw beyond this, is if I don?t take Sabé?s place as decoy. This would give us a future but at a price that I know neither of us will want to pay or one that I could bear to. It would give us a short time together but what would come afterwards, the destruction of all that we know and love, I would not be able to live with.

I have not given up hope, there maybe a way past these events that I cannot yet see but the way things are between us now, I cannot risk that you will never know this. I do not regret the events of the last few months, they are meant to be. There is no avoiding the will of the Force and perhaps in time you will learn why but it is a time that we will not share.

I am sure that you will come to accept my decision, why I cannot leave with you now. It is a request that I know you would never normally make but it is something, my love that we cannot do. May the force be with you forever Obi-Wan, even when I will not.

Obi-Wan, I do not have much time. You will arrive soon for our final evening together in Theed but before then I must tell you?

Your arrival at the Retreat both weakened and strengthened my resolve. The next few days will be much easier to face with you beside me and knowing that I have your support in my decision will help me more than I can ever tell you in words. I only hope that this will give you some comfort?Our precious few days together at the Retreat showed me what our future could have been if things had been different and part of me wishes that this were so. I have never known such peace and happiness. It was easier to face a future without you when I thought that you were lost to me forever but if the past few days and tonight are all we will spend together, then I would rather have this time with you.

Last night when you fell asleep in the apartment, as I watched you I was for one final time torn between my love for you and my duty. The sound of our waterfall echoing through the Palace drew me to the window and I remembered what we had said. That it is to prevent what took place here from ever happening again, that the Queen must give evidence against the Trade Federation.

We know that although the Council has said that we can be together after I complete the trials, this will never happen. We both know, however much we try to ignore it, that our duty to the Order will be stronger than any love between us. It is what we have prepared for our whole lives and as much as I love you, I will never ask you to give this up for me. As I know that you would never ask the same of me. The risk of us loving and losing is too great.

My duty is to the Queen and the Order. When I accepted this mission I knew the risk, it is no more than any of those who also protect the Queen are prepared to take and I will not fail.

I will give this to Qui-Gon and ask him to give this to you when we are no longer together, whenever that might be. Without both of you I would not be in this position where I can play my part and do my duty and I thank you both for this. After Sifo-Dyas disappeared? but I cannot dwell on the past now, there is so little time. I must finish getting ready, it is nearly seven o?clock?One final thing you must know, that as I

2. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Sob! Even with the second reading Mia's letter to Obi still made me weep. (And you're very welcome - the line fits perfectly where you placed it!)
    You most certainly gave Obi even more to bear in that familiar scene with Dooku in AOTC.
    Thank you for sharing Mia with us all!

3. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    wonderful ending... *sniff*

4. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, another fine job, Sabe. :)

I think FAB said it earlier, but I agree that Qui-Gon and Mia had to cut a dirty deal with that devious Dooku to do their duty for the Jedi Order and the Republic.

Personally, after the events in this story, I believe Qui-Gon would not have joined up with Dooku and his Separtists, but that could be just me looking for the bright possiblities in the stars of the future.

Now, when will we get to read more from you, Hmm? :D

5. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Upping out of habit......
    Good habits have no need to be broken.

6. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Wow, Sabe. That letter was so touching. *Sob* Wonderful story! And I like how your characters have to make sacrifices for the greater good. Never easy to do, but sometimes necessary. You've got yourself an honest to goodness trilogy here! :D Hope you find time to write more!

7. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    FAB - You most certainly gave Obi even more to bear in that familiar scene with Dooku in AOTC. ? I?m glad that the letter had that effect on you! You?re welcome! :) Thanks for the up!

TJ - Thank you!

KA - Personally, after the events in this story, I believe Qui-Gon would not have joined up with Dooku and his Separtists, but that could be just me looking for the bright possiblities in the stars of the future. ? Thanks I agree, I think that Obi was right when he said Qui-Gon Jinn would never join them. Wonder what surprises George has up his sleeve about who ordered the army in Episode III?

Arwyn - And I like how your characters have to make sacrifices for the greater good - It wouldn't be Star Wars without a few personal sacrifices! I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

For those who asked if I was going to write more, I've been mulling over an idea for a story set two years before The Phantom Menace, you can read the trailer here.
    The Lost Temple

8. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Wowsers! Read the trailer for Temple - that sounds suspenseful - can't wait!

9. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Lovely job Sabe

BRAVO!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.