main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star of Telos (AU Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon) Completed 4 March

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sabe126, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    KA - Palpy watching, and is that Dooku with Qui-Gon?

Possibly ;)

TJ - waits for a new post to clear up all the confusion

Sorry, not sure if this next post will either. Good luck with the multi tasking.

FAB - this is so mysterious - love it!

Good! :)

------------------------------------------------------

Part 3

Quote from Baz Lurhmann?s Moulin Rouge.
    Statistics from The Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia.

?A force darker than jealousy.?

Qui-Gon awoke, his senses still clouded. He tried to sit up but fell back onto the cot. Growing used to the darkness he began to take in his surroundings, he appeared to be in a holding cell and from the noise he could hear, he was on a ship. There was nothing else in the cell apart from a canteen of water. After a few sips he closed his eyes trying to remember what had happened.

3 weeks earlier

Qui-Gon crossed the docking bay, arrangements for transporting Oi-Wan?s damaged ship had been made and they were ready to return to Coruscant. He laughed to himself as remembered Kenobi?s explanation for his mishap with the asteroid. In theory the plan would work but in practice it needed a very skilled pilot to land a ship in the middle of an asteroid field. For all his serious appearance Obi-Wan had a reckless streak and?He stopped, his senses had picked up a presence. Reaching through the force he tried to locate it but it had gone.

?Quite impressive, Obi-Wan.? Mia told him. He looked at her suspiciously, ?Thanks, what do you mean quite?? She laughed, ?Well it didn?t work!? Neither gave any sign of having felt it. As he followed them up the ramp he wondered if he had imagined it but a week later returned to Dantooine.

Landing in the same docking bay at the capital city he had tried to trace the force signature but the user had either left or was shielding. After searching the port he returned to the docking bay. A mixture of Dantari, humans and other species were disembarking from a shuttle transport. Qui-Gon walked over to a port official to find out where the shuttle was going. Again as he crossed the bay the presence whispered to him and then vanished. ?Yavin 4?, the official replied. ?It?s a weekly transport, takes technicians and parts to the Techno Union research laboratories. ?When does it return?? On finding that the shuttle left within the hour Qui-Gon paid his passage and boarded the ship.

--------------------------------------------------

Mia finished packing her travel kit, that way if they were allowed to leave the next morning there would be no way that Obi-Wan could leave without her. Remembering one of the first rules of missions, ?know your environment?, she headed for the Archives. Crossing the central hallway she took the main staircase to the Archives, which despite the lateness of the hour were quite busy.

Accessing the records she started to retrieve information about Dantooine.

System: Dantooine
    Region: Outer Rim
    Environment: Temperate
    Sentient Species: Dantari
    Other Species: Human?.

Scanning the data she could find nothing that she could see would make Qui-Gon return there. As she waited for the information to download to her datapad her gaze fell on one of the commemorative busts of former Jedi Masters that were scattered throughout the Archives. She stared in silence for a few minutes at the likeness of Sifo-Dyas. Why had Qui-Gon asked her about her former Master? He never mentioned him; in the three years since his disappearance his name had only been mentioned once. She realised with a start that the download was complete but she could not get Sifo-Dyas from her mind. Taking the stairs to the second level where she was less likely to be disturbed, Mia found the data file on Sifo-Dyas and started to read.

The events of those six months, three years ago, the missions, Council and otherwise were all listed including the one she had accompanied him on, the trip to the Guild Bureau on Brentaal for the newly elected Chancellor

2. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Did I say something about the plot thickening earlier? Looks like the pot needs stirring, because it looks like it's getting thicker. :D

Nice trip to the archives, Sabe. That line about knowing your enviroment reminded me of the scene in TPM when the Jedi pull out their rebreathers when Jar-Jar takes them underwater. Like the good Boy Scouts that they are, the Jedi are always prepared. :D

3. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Great posts, Sabe! You are definitely raising a lot of questions with this new fic. Can't wait to read more. :D

4. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    yep still slightly confused

but great post none-the-less :)

5. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    I always loved that quite impressive comment - it was nice to see it again.
    Ummmm - so the mystery is starting to focus on Dattooine hummmm....

6. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    OOH! Windu, and Dooku! Wouldn't that be wild if Windu was a traitor. YIKES! Well, we already know that Dooku's bad.

Write more!

7. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
  8. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    KA - Looks like the pot needs stirring, because it looks like it's getting thicker.

I agree with you KA. The plot is so thick that I've been a little stuck in it this week!

Arwyn - You are definitely raising a lot of questions with this new fic.

Thanks! I hope that I can answer them! :)

TJ - yep still slightly confused

Sorry about that TJ, hopefully things will become clearer!

FAB - Ummmm - so the mystery is starting to focus on Dattooine hummmm

Thanks for the up.

JT - Wouldn't that be wild if Windu was a traitor. YIKES! Well, we already know that Dooku's bad.

Hmmm Windu a traitor, I think my plot is too thick already! We know that Dooku is bad but 7 years before AOTC the Jedi didn't know.

New instalment either today or tomorrow.

9. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Looking forward to your next post!

10. Kenobism

Kenobism Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    It's funny, but I think we stumbled over each other's stories almost simultanously :)

This sounds very intriguing and opposing to far too many OC'C Mia is very sympathic. I like the way how you brought in the senate and Palpatine. And of course - Dex! I love Dex! [face_love] Ummm...that came out wrong, I think.
    Anyway, please PM me when you update because I tend to oversee updates (I'm so blind sometimes :( )

One minor nitpick: Obi-Wan used to be Qui-Gon's padawan, so they used to share a special bond. I don't think that this bond has been severed after Obi-Wan became a knight, so - why didn't he feel that Qui-Gon's in trouble? :)

11. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Kenobism - I'm glad that you think Mia is coming across ok. Dex will return later in the story.

One minor nitpick: Obi-Wan used to be Qui-Gon's padawan, so they used to share a special bond. I don't think that this bond has been severed after Obi-Wan became a knight, so - why didn't he feel that Qui-Gon's in trouble - Mia had a vision of Qui-Gon in trouble, there was no contact through the training bond, therefore Obi-Wan did not know that something had happened.

This will be covered in a later instalment. Please nit pick all you want, any feedback is good.

Darth lack of inspiration struck, so the next post will be tomorrow.

12. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Part 4

Lyrics to ?Heroes? by David Bowie and Brian Eno.

?We could be heroes.?

The lift carried them to the Council Chamber. Mia hoped she would be allowed to accompany Kenobi or they would have to physically restrain her to stop her from going with him.

?I?m sure it won?t come to that.? Obi-Wan gave her an amused glance.

?They must see that something is wrong. He hasn?t contacted either of us. He?s shielding but??

?It doesn?t feel right,? Kenobi finished for her.

?You?ve felt that too??

He nodded. The doors opened and they were immediately ushered into the Chamber.

--------------------------------------------------

The ship left hyperspace, the slight change in momentum awaking Qui-Gon. Every few hours he was able to fight the drug for a few moments before submitting once again.

Arriving on Yavin 4 he had taken the airbus across the planet. His fellow passengers paid no heed to him as he watched them transfer to a Techno Union transport and leave for the research laboratories. Then he turned and entered the jungle.

---------------------------------------------------

Anakin Skywalker ran down the stairs towards them. ?I?ll meet you at the ship?, Obi-Wan told her. Mia watched him walk off quickly.

?Sorry Anakin, can you repeat that?? she hadn?t realised he had been speaking.

?I said Chancellor Palpatine offers any help he can to find Master Qui-Gon.?

?Thank you Anakin,? Mia said distractedly as they arrived at the hangar entrance. Master Windu was talking to Obi-Wan on the landing platform.

?I have to go,? he looked up at her. ?Good luck.?

?Thanks, don?t worry. We will find Qui-Gon.?

-----------------------------------------------------

When Obi-Wan had arrived at the hangar he had found Mace waiting for him. As they walked to the ship, Mace told him that Dantooine was the last place that Master Sifo-Dyas had been traced to.

?Do you think that is the reason behind Qui-Gon?s going there?? Obi-Wan asked.

Mace shrugged, ?That I do not know.?

Obi-Wan saw Mia and Anakin enter the hangar. To his relief Anakin left.

?One final thing, Mia does not know about Sifo-Dyas.?

?Should I tell???

?Are we ready to go?? Mia joined them on the platform.

-----------------------------------------------------

The ship slowed as it began its approach. Qui-Gon tried to keep alert but the drugs were too strong, as he slipped into unconsciousness again, he realised that whoever had him knew how to disable a Jedi?.

13. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Hmmm... I wonder what happened to Qui-Gon in the jungles of Yavin 4 and why the Jedi want to hide something about Sifo-Dias from Mia.

Nice little post, Sabe.

14. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Good post Sabe - so who has Qui and how do they know how to disable a Jedi!

15. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    intriguing... more please :p

16. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    Very good, but since you've allowed me to nitpick: More! Why is it so short! I LOVE this story! I want more!
    I seem to be in a greedy mood today ;)

Anyway, you're very good in making your audience sit on the edge of their seats, waiting for the next installment. I'm really looking forward to that :)

17. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    Oh. Double post. Sorry :(

18. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Poor Qui-Gon! :( And who is this person who knows how to disable a Jedi. Doesn't sound good!

19. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    KA - I wonder what happened to Qui-Gon in the jungles of Yavin 4 and why the Jedi want to hide something about Sifo-Dias from Mia. - You will have to wait and see I'm afraid!

FAB - so who has Qui and how do they know how to disable a Jedi. - You will find out in the next instalment. It won't be a huge surprise though.

TJ - intriguing... more please. - No problem!

Kenobism - Why is it so short! I LOVE this story! I want more! Thank you so much! :) Sorry the last instalment was so short had a bad case of Darth Writers Block, which seems to have cleared up!

Arwyn - Doesn't sound good! - Nope!

-------------------------------------------------

Lyrics from ?Come What May? by David Baerwald
    Quote from ?The Phantom Menace? by George Lucas.

Part 5

?Storm clouds may gather?

?Welcome Count.?

?I must speak with Tambor immediately.?

?My Master is not here. He sends his apologies but he has matters to attend to on Muunilist. He has been informed of your arrival and will contact you in your suite.?

Dooku nodded and followed the Rodian to the guest quarters of the sprawling Techno Union Headquarters.

The holo communicator bleeped, Dooku activated it with a flick of his hand, remaining seated as the image of Wat Tambor appeared and nodded in response to his greeting. Tambor explained what had taken place on the Yavin moon. If waiting for the translation to every reply annoyed Dooku he did not show it, he just sat patiently.

?We do not know how much was overheard. We thought it best to bring him here.?

?Do you think that was wise? Dooku allowed his displeasure to register with Tambor before continuing. ?Your actions confirm any suspicions.?

?We concluded that it was too dangerous to leave him there,? Tambor replied. "Besides he was breaking the law, no travel is allowed on Yavin 4 without a permit.?

?Of course. I trust that the journey here was uneventful??

Tambor nodded. ?The drugs you supplied had the required affect Count.?

?Good so when will you and San Hill be rejoining us??

Tambor was disappointed, whatever the drug was, its value would be immense to those who did not want the Jedi becoming involved in their activities. Obviously the Count wanted to keep the secret to himself. However, unknown to him Tambor had his best scientists working on discovering the chemical makeup of the drug. He realised that Dooku was still waiting for an answer.

?In a couple of weeks, Hill and I thought that we should not meet until we have made sure that the Jedi did not inform anyone of our plans.?

?Probably best. What of your problems on Muunilist??

?Should soon be under control. I will report back to you soon.?

As the image of Tambor disappeared, Dooku allowed himself to smile. The mercenaries he had hired through one of his contacts were expensive but from all reports they were doing their job of encouraging protests against the tax rises. Tambor should be occupied for a while. As would his scientists in the Techno Union secret laboratories on Cerea to discover the secret of the drug. There were only a few people in the Galaxy who knew of its existence and of these, only he and his Master realised it?s true power.

Setting up a secure frequency Dooku once again turned his attention back to the communicator.

?Yes??

?My Lord, things are proceeding as planned. Uprisings against the Republic, the Techno Union and Banking Clan will continue to spread.?

?I will see to it that in the Senate things remain as they are.? I trust that the Techno Union will not discover the full potential of their drug??

?There is little chance of that.?

?Good, good. What about their commitment to our cause??

?They are waiting to see if the Jedi respond.?

?They are on their way but will be of no consequence to you.?

Dooku bowed. ?Yes, my Master.?

The unofficial headquarters of the Techno Union were built within one of the many deep ravines of Bonadan. The main building housed the offices a

20. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    it gets messier and messier and i won't be able to read the new post until i'm home for the holidays and stalking my employers to make sure i'm working the break... i may get to see LotR on tuesday if they love me...

anyways great post... and i can't wait for more :)

21. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Spooky.....The emotions Qui must be feeling - to have his Jedi powers restrained and then wake up in the presence of his former master!
    Sabe, I can't wait for more!

22. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    *****UP****** :)

23. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    Once again you have me sitting on the edge of my seat. I can't wait for the confrontation of Dooku (by the way - a formidable villain, isn't he?) and Qui-Gon. I think that scene will be very intensive.

As usual I'll be back for more :)

24. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    A.M. Up

Kenobism - I just have to say that is an absolutely awesome name!

25. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    OOH! The drug of Jedi's bane! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! No, he's not good! Don't call him master! Somebody help Qui-Gon!

What is it about Sifo-Dyas that Mace and Obi-Wan did not want to tell Mia? *gasps as a sudden thought occurs to her* I know it! HE...IS...HER...FATHER!!! [face_shocked]

Hey, it could happen... 8-}

Post more!

*sings*
    To the nomination thread I go, to the nomination thread I go! Hi ho, the derrio, to the nomination thread I go...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.