main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star of Telos (AU Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon) Completed 4 March

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sabe126, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    ...Baking Clan will continue to spread.?

Spread what? Butter? Jam? What ever they're cooking up, I'll bet that it's no good. ;) :p [face_laugh]

Just a little light-hearted fun at the author's expense. ;)

Nicely done post, Sabe. Interesting to see how Count Dooku formulates his plan and draws in his allies. Well done indeed.

Yeah! Page 3!

2. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Tuesday means Sabe is posting, Sabe is posting!!!!!!
    Upping until then!

3. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Tuesday means Sabe was in London Xmas shopping all day and hasn't finished the next post yet! Got to decorate the tree tonight, so post should be up tomorrow :)

Sabe126

4. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    I'm a patient little fan - I can wait!
    :)

5. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    TJ - anyways great post. Thanks!

FAB - Spooky.....The emotions Qui must be feeling - to have his Jedi powers restrained and then wake up in the presence of his former master! Yes, hope that I cover them ok! And thanks for the ups! :)

Thanks for the up Jedi7 :)

Kenobism - I can't wait for the confrontation of Dooku (by the way - a formidable villain, isn't he?) and Qui-Gon. I think that scene will be very intensive. I hope so!

JT - No, he's not good! Don't call him master! Somebody help Qui-Gon! Help is on the way but for the time being he will have to help himself.

What is it about Sifo-Dyas that Mace and Obi-Wan did not want to tell Mia? *gasps as a sudden thought occurs to her* I know it! HE...IS...HER...FATHER!!! Nothing that exciting I'm afraid!

ka -...Baking Clan will continue to spread.?

Spread what? Butter? Jam? What ever they're cooking up, I'll bet that it's no good.

ROTFL!!! :) I noticed the error after I had signed off and couldn't be bothered to edit it! I was wondering if anyone would notice! Maybe Dooku wants them to provide the catering! :)

Page 3! WOW!

Post coming up later today.

6. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Chapter 2 - Dantooine
    Part 1

Quotes from lyrics to ?I?ll Fly Away? from the Moulin Rouge belong to Will Jennings and Joe Sample. Quotes from 'Attack of the Clones' from the screenplay by George Lucas and Jonathan Hales.

?From dream to dream.?

?It may be difficult to secure your release.? With that Dooku left the cell. Obi-Wan closed his eyes trying to make sense of what the former Jedi had told him. His first instinct that Dooku was a traitor had proved to be correct. Throughout their encounter Dooku had not realised that Obi-Wan had overheard the Separatists? plans.

?Traitor!?

?Hello my friend. This is a mistake. A terrible mistake. They?ve gone too far. This is madness.

?I thought you were the leader here Dooku.?

?This has nothing to do with me, I assure you. I promise that I will petition immediately to have you set free.?

Once Obi-Wan had refused to join them the façade of friendship had vanished and Dooku had left him to his fate at the hands of the Genosians.

----------------------------------------------------

?What did Mace have to say?? Mia looked up as Obi-Wan returned to the pilot?s chair.

?Just to be careful, there are reports of new protests in response to the tax rises.?

?Dantooine should be safe, it?s not on any of the main trade routes.?

?Neither is Ord Binir.?

?Where?s that??

?It?s the Techno Union Headquarters.?

?Yes, I know that but where is it??

Obi-Wan checked the nava computer. ?About a parsec from Dantooine.?

?Could it be unrelated? Local trouble??

?Perhaps but the protests are spreading. The last thing we need is to be caught up in it, our priority is to find Qui-Gon.?

?Do you think that his disappearance is linked to the attack on the Queen?? Mia asked.

?What makes you think that??

?Judge Bergia was kidnapped to stop the hearing against the Trade Federation and??

?That was two years ago.?

?Yes but the trial is next year and the attack on the Queen seems to be too much of a coincidence and now Qui-Gon. If the Council had let us leave straightaway we would be on Dantooine by now. We might have found him.?

?We can?t think like that.? He turned to face her.

?Every day we waste we have less chance of finding him. I can?t let that happen again.?

?Surely you don?t think that this is the same as Sifo??

?Leave it, please.?

Obi-Wan nodded. If he decided against Mace?s advice to tell her that Dantooine was the last place that Dyas had been traced to, now was not the time to do so. ?We?ll be there in a couple of hours. I?m going to try and sleep.?

?Ok,? She was glad that he had gone. Her control on her emotions was weak. Mia did not want to speak about her former Master; she had spent the entire trip trying not to think about his absences and his disappearance and what it all meant. Leaving Coruscant had also brought on more dreams, always the same one, the attack by the unseen assailant.

-------------------------------------------------------

On Coruscant, Mace checked the Archive records. As he had expected Mia had tried to access Sifo-Dyas?s file. Although they knew that Sifo-Dyas was dead the cause of his death was unknown, as were the reasons for his frequent trips from Coruscant during those last six months. As these could not be accounted for, a question mark remained?

7. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    New post! Yippers!
    Ummm - I want to know why Mace is trying to hide something from Mia!

Referring to that flashback again before this scene was a good idea - helps us remember that these next few posts will be very telling.

Absolutely, spendid! :)

8. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    fascinating... great work... me want more

PS: go see Two Towers ;) it's AWESOME

9. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Another good one, Sabe. :)

10. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    All will be revealed at some point FAB!

Thanks KA and TJ :)

---------------------------------------------

Part 2

?It is good to see you again my friend. I have missed you.?

Qui-Gon stared in shock. He had not seen his former Master in over three years, several months before the events on Naboo.

?I hear that you are not yet on the Council. I taught you more than I realised.? He smiled briefly. ?I hear that Obi-Wan is now a Jedi Knight. Terrible business on Naboo, terrible business.?

?Why am I here??

?A necessary precaution. Our friends in the Corporate Sector have no love for the Jedi and when you were discovered,? he sighed, ? a natural reaction I?m afraid.? Dooku stopped and looked up at him, ?What were you doing on Yavin 4 may I ask??

?You were on Dantooine. You wanted me to find you.?

?Yes, briefly but I was not on Yavin 4. Why did you return to Dantooine??

?I was looking for someone.?

?Were you successful??

Qui-Gon shook his head.

?Who? Master Sifo-Dyas perhaps??

Qui-Gon did not answer.

?I saw him there, three years ago.?

Qui-Gon just looked at him, if he was surprised at this revelation, he did not show it. His mind was not yet clear of the effects of the drug but he could not forget that Dooku was no longer a Jedi and he did not yet know how he was involved in this.

?Why did you leave??

?I left after the Battle of Naboo. You nearly died due to a war caused by greed and corruption which stemmed from the Senate.? Dooku allowed his anger to show. He paused, ?Now you must rest. I will try and secure your release. We will talk again.?

Left alone, Qui-Gon tried to remember events on Yavin 4. After two days trek through the jungle he had reached the ruins of the Massassi Temples. For three days he had searched the abandoned structures, for what, he did not know. The presence he had felt on Dantooine was not on Yavin 4 but something had happened here. From the ruins he had observed the arrival of a squad of battle droids and before being discovered he had overheard:

?What did he tell you?? Qui-Gon recognised the voice of San Hill, the Banking Clan representative.

There was a pause as Wat Tambor?s reply was translated, ?That if the Senate taxed the trade routes of the Trade Federation, we could be next.?

?It would seem that the proposed events in the Senate point to just such a possibility. I know that the Banking Clan is concerned about this.?

?Maybe Count Dooku is right?? Tambor paused before continuing. ?By joining together we could ensure that future business will not be subject to the whims of the Senate.?

?But to get involved, would it be wise??

?If we do not make a stand against the power of the Senate it may be too late.?

?Perhaps, we will discuss this further. I will see you on Telos.?

Qui-Gon had been careful to shield his discovery. What had been alluded to would be a treasonable act against the Republic but the mention of Dooku stopped him from immediately contacting the Jedi Council until he was sure of the situation. Ever since leaving Dantooine he had not contacted either Obi-Wan or Mia, he did not want them to become mixed up in this potentially dangerous situation, until there was no other choice. He checked that the shields were still in place, not that it mattered as the drugs had kept him in such a weakened state that he could not have contacted them and the force field in which he continued to turn somehow blocked his connection with the Force.

He was still reeling from the shock of seeing his former Master. For a long time he had known that Dooku was dissatisfied with the Jedi Order but it seemed to go deeper than his frequent disagreements with the Council. This had led to Dooku?s resigning his place on the Council. The last time they had met Qui-Gon had broached the subject but Dooku had turned the conversation around to how Obi-Wan?s training was progressing and Qui-Gon had let the matter rest.

He had not seen him again as Dooku had gone to consider his future in the Order

11. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Wow! Great job of developing the story involving Dooku and his co-conspirators, Sabe.

12. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    The plot thickens!
    Great post!

13. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Monday morning Up!

14. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Before beddy-bye up!
    Sweet Obi dreams all! [face_love]

15. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for the ups FAB. Been ill since the weekend with a throat infection. On antibiotics now so hopefully I will be ok for Xmas.

Hopefully Telos will continue at the weekend.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Sabe126

16. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Get well soon Sabe!

17. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    Yes, get well soon! :( I love these new posts! The plot thickens!

You know, I need to go back and read the other stories you wrote. When I have the time... [face_blush]

Up to the top! Let everyone else read this award nominee! :D

18. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Back to the top!

19. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    I just wanted to say that I think this entire series is awesome, Sabe! I've been reading the stories all day and haven't been able to stop!

Now I'm dying to know what happened to Sifo-Dyas! And Dooku is trying to coerce my favorite Jedi! *growls at Dooku* Back off you wanna-be Sith! Leave Qui-Gon alone! *glares sternly*

Again, wonderful series! Can't wait for more!

AQ

20. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Knight Ander - Great job of developing the story involving Dooku and his co-conspirators. Thank you.

JT - Yes, get well soon! I love these new posts! The plot thickens! Thanks, I'm fine now, glad you liked the last instalment.

FAB - Thanks for the ups!

Angelqueen -I just wanted to say that I think this entire series is awesome, Sabe! I've been reading the stories all day and haven't been able to stop! Now I'm dying to know what happened to Sifo-Dyas!

Welcome AQ and thank you! WOW! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :) Don't worry you will find out what happened to Sifo-Dyas!

-------------------------------------------

Part 3

?Children of the revolution?

Two years earlier

?They are here to force a settlement!?

?No, we are not.?

?They are here to stop you!?

?No, we are not.? Qui-Gon tried not to sigh as he looked from the Senator to Ryloth and the leader of the opposition movement. ?We are here to ensure a peaceful resolution to this conflict.?

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes; the negotiations would not be short.

Mia watched from the viewing gallery as the two Jedi oversaw the talks between the opposing sides. For days the same point had been debated back and forth again and again.

The fines imposed on the Trade Federation by the Senate had led to the decrease in trade between the federation and it?s usual suppliers and the already impoverished inhabitants of Ryloth, had taken a stand against the actions of the Senate. Protests had lasted for almost a month before the Senator returned to try and settle the matter. On learning this, the people had marched on the Senator?s official residence and the Chancellor had dispatched the Jedi to negotiate.

During a break in proceedings, Mia joined Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, both looked tired. ?It seems to be going as well as can be expected.?

?Which is precisely nowhere!? Obi-Wan interrupted.

?Do you care to back up your statement?? Qui-Gon asked.

Kenobi nodded, ?The Senator will have to bow to their demands as he does not want any more violence but will say that he cannot deal with the federation without the Senate?s approval.?

?Will they?? She asked.

?No,? he continued. ?So the Senator will promise to try and obtain aid for them. Not that it will do any good.?

Qui-Gon smiled, ?So cynical for one so young.?

Obi-Wan shrugged. ?Just being realistic.?

?Who were you talking to Mia?? Qui-Gon asked.

?His brother is the leader of the opposition movement.? She was surprised; she hadn?t thought that anyone had noticed.

?Is that wise?? Obi-Wan turned to Qui-Gon.

?We were just talking about Coruscant.?

?Obi-Wan may have a point.? Obi-Wan looked smug at Qui-Gon?s words. ? We cannot be seen to be favouring one side over the other.?

?Ok.? When Qui-Gon turned his back, Mia glared at Obi-Wan

On her way back to the viewing gallery Luka stopped her. ?My brother says I can?t be seen talking to you.?

Mia smiled, ?Don?t worry. I?m not allowed to talk to you either!?

---------------------------------------------

?Thank you again Master Jedi.? With a nod, the Senator left the Republic cruiser and disappeared in the direction of the Senate.

?He?s as corrupt as the rest of them,? Obi-Wan observed.

?You don?t think he will keep his promises?? Mia asked him.

?Oh, he may try for awhile but even if he did mean it, there is little he could realistically achieve. Even the Chancellor has no real power.?

?You saw how the then Chancellor was unable to stop the blockade of Naboo?, Qui-Gon explained.

Mia nodded, surprised, neither had spoken of what had happened there nor what had happened with Anakin.

?The Senate holds the real power,? Qui-Gon continued.

?Isn?t it supposed to??

Obi-Wan snorted.

?Yes,? Qui-Gon ignored him, ?but due to the size of the Senate, nothing is ever achieved quickly, unless the Chancellor is granted emergency powers."

?Why wasn?t he given them during the blockade??

?He was under investigation for corruption. The accu

21. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Another interesting post, Sabe.

?My brother says I can?t be seen talking to you.?

Mia smiled, ?Don?t worry. I?m not allowed to talk to you either!?

LOL. Cute line. [face_laugh]

22. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Nice plot development, Sabe. This is turning into a real pleasure to read. Sorry to lurk most of the time - but it's either that or don't read - and I can't do that, now can I?

Good job.

CYN

23. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    KA - LOL. Cute line. Glad it amused you!

Cyn - This is turning into a real pleasure to read. Sorry to lurk most of the time - but it's either that or don't read - and I can't do that, now can I? - LOL, no you can't! I'm pleased you are enjoying it! Please keep lurking! :)

------------------------------------------
    Dedicated to FAB.

Part 4

Lyrics from Nature Boy by Eden Ahbez

?Fools and kings.?

Mia lay on her bed flicking through the holo channels. She stopped on the Senate channel, Chancellor Palpatine was in mid speech, ??and I believe that the Republic?s foundations are as solid now as they have ever been but by friends, we must work to preserve??

Obi-Wan had gone to look for Qui-Gon, while she tried to catch up on her sleep. Every night since leaving Coruscant she had had the same dream but no more visions of Qui-Gon. After two days on Dantooine they were no closer to discovering what had happened to him. They had asked at the port but no one remembered Qui-Gon and a search of the surrounding streets had revealed no clues.

?Any news??

Obi-Wan shook his head. Obviously Qui-Gon had used the mind trick on whoever he had come into contact with. This worried Obi-Wan more than he let on, whatever Qui-Gon had discovered Obi-Wan did not want him facing it alone. ?Is he still droning on?? he asked, trying to change the subject.

Mia nodded, ?What did you get??

Pashi noodles.

?Good, I?m starving.?

He sat down beside her, scowling at the Chancellor. ?Hasn?t he finished yet? He was talking when I left.?

?He?s worried about the reaction to the tax rises.? Opening the containers Mia helped herself to some noodles. ?You don?t like politicians much, do you??

Obi-Wan shrugged, ?I don?t think you can trust them,? he told her through a mouthful of noodles.

?Possibly but I agree that Palpatine does like the sound of his own voice!?

?The Republic will not die??

Obi-Wan flicked through the channels, ?And now on Intergalactic Discover More, a new series ?Lost Civilisations', the planet of Lakido, ruled over by King Raon was destroyed??

?Oh, I forgot to tell you, Anakin said that the Chancellor has offered to help in any way he can.?

Kenobi stood up, ?We don?t need any help.?

?Ok.?

?I?m going to take a shower.?

As the fresher door closed Mia turned back to the programme. She didn?t know why he reacted in that way to Anakin. She sighed; she did know that he was more worried about the situation than he let on but he would not confide in her.

The programme ended, ?Next time on ?Lost Civilisations?, ?Yavin 4, a thousand years ago, the tribes of the Massassi built stone ziggurats, no one knows why??

?Kenobi!?

Obi-Wan dashed from his room and through the interconnecting fresher, his hair still wet. He looked at the holo, ?Are you sure??

Mia nodded and turned back to the programme. ??the tribe were wiped out either by a deadly disease or by civil war.?

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow, ?Let?s hope it was civil war!?

Mia laughed, they knew where Qui-Gon had gone to; it was a start. ?Let?s go!?

Obi-Wan shook his head, ?We can?t.?

?Why not??

He consulted her data pad, ?You can?t just fly into Yavin 4. The Techno Union controls it; travel is restricted. You have to take the shuttle and then an air bus across the planet and??

?When is the next shuttle?? Mia interrupted.

?Tomorrow but it may take sometime to reach the Temple ruins.?

?Yes, but at least we know where we are going.?

?He might not be there. Don?t raise your hopes too much.?

?I won?t.?

?Make sure you take your own advice, Kenobi,? he told himself.

24. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Flipping through the holo-channels. An interesting way of figuring out what to do next if I do say so myself.

And the Star Wars version of Chinese take-out [face_laugh] :D Clever.

Oh, and you just couldn't go without a wet Obi-Wan scene, could you? ;) :D

25. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    I've been very restrained so far! But 'hey it's me!' :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.