main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star of Telos (AU Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon) Completed 4 March

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Sabe126, Nov 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    FAB - you continue to stir the pot - Lots of revelations to come!

TJ - can't wait for more - Thanks TJ. More coming up!

KA - Hope Qui-Gon can get out of this mess and solve the whole Sifo-Dyas mystery before something not very plesent happens to him Qui-Gon is not going anywhere at the moment. Dooku is going to be busy with Tambor and Hill for the time being and he doesn't want to give up on Qui-Gon just yet.

------------------------------------

Quote from ?The Elephant Love Medley? from Baz Lurhmann?s Moulin Rouge.

Inspired by an event in Knight-Ander?s Along the Edges

So this is dedicated to KA. :)

Chapter 3 ? Yavin
    Part 8

Love is just a game

Obi-Wan stumbled as he crossed the star port, he shook his head as Mia came to help him. ?I?ll rest later.? Sitting down he told her what he had learned from the port master. Final repairs to the airbus were underway to their relief; they had wasted almost a day waiting.

?Did you find out anything else??

?No.?

?It?s the nearest port.?

?They were hardly likely to come through here.?

?Yes but they might know which ships entered the system.? They watched as the mechanic worked on the vehicle. ?Maybe he knows something? You could use the mind trick??

Obi-Wan shook his head.

?Stay here and rest, leave this to me.?

He looked confused, ?But you can?t use it!?

She smiled, ?Who said anything about using it!?

The mechanic watched Mia approach. ?Shouldn?t be too long,? he told her.

Obi-Wan stared as she gave the mechanic a dazzling smile, ?I bet you?ve saved lots of travellers.?

?Umm, not exactly.?

?Don?t be so modest. Without you we?d be stuck here for days!?

The mechanic picked up the servodriver and began to explain exactly what had been wrong. Mia moved nearer to have a look.

?Could she stand any closer?? Obi-Wan wondered. He gave her a pointed look as she glanced quickly in his direction. Ignoring him Mia turned her attention back to the mechanic.

?So, are you two from the holo company??

?Yes, that?s right, ?Lost Civilisations.? Have you seen it??

He shook his head. ?But I?ll watch the next one as it?s about here.?

?Oh, you must.?

?Are you in it??

She shook her head, ?No, I?m just an assistant.?

?Shame you weren?t here the other week.?

?Why??

?You know the head of the Intergalactic Banking Clan, San Hill??

She nodded.

?He was here on a visit. He might have given you an interview.?

?That would have been good for ratings. Does he have research facilities here??

?No, don?t know what he was doing here, he?s never used this port before. He shrugged, ?Probably has an interest in the Techno Union, they have laboratories here.?

?Maybe we could contact him.?

?I think he told the officials that he was going to Telos. Anyway, this is finished. Should be ready to leave soon.?

?Thanks.?

?Did you get what you needed??

?Yes, we did.?

------------------------------------------

?What were you doing?? Obi-Wan asked.

?Flirting.?

?Yes, I could see that!?

She sat down, ?Ok, I was getting information.?

?Bit unethical.?

?More ethical than the mind trick!?

?I suppose so but could you have stood any closer??

Mia laughed, ?Let?s go.?

-----------------------------------

The journey took eight standard hours and for most of these Obi-Wan slept. He only woke briefly when his head rested on her shoulder. ?Sorry.?

She shook her head, ?Go back to sleep.?

He smiled and nodded.

Mia looked past him out of the window. She was relieved that they were talking again. She had finally admitted to herself that Obi-Wan had only been concerned about her but his constant big brother act made her want to scream. Not that she wasn?t grateful that he did, he had saved her life on more than one occasion and she would never find Qui-Gon without him but she was capable of looking after herself, usually. Their truce would hopefully ho

2. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    I'm the first to respond - does the happy first to respond dance!! :cool:

Nice post - The little tid bits about Mia and Obi's personality that you weaved in where great. Like, when Mia gets upset that she forgets to shield!
    Mia flirting - more ethical than the Jedi mind trick? LOL! That was great! I'm sure flirting is a much older way to get information that the Jedi mind trick!

?Whatever the answer, I think we should sue the Jedi Archives.? [face_laugh]
    LOL - Well, that explains why Obi knew not to trust the archieves in AOTC! :D

3. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Fantastic post Sabe.

As soon as I saw the words "Inspired by an event in..." I thought "Oh, boy. Here it comes." and quickly put my hand over my eyes and watched through my fingers, wondering "How bad of an influence was I?"

Well, thankfully, I wasn't too much of a bad influence. :) That was a nicely handled job of emulating the flirting scene in my story, but you put the flirting to great use, having Mia find out all of that extra information without the Jedi Mind Trick. And I like the little conversation she and Obi-Wan had about the ethical advantage of flirting against the Mind Trick. :)

Finally, thanks for the dedication. I'm honored. :D

4. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
  5. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
  6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Another great one!!!

7. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    It's morning - time to wake UP and greet the day!

8. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Fab ? - I?m glad that you found Mia?s alternative to the mind trick amusing!
    that explains why Obi knew not to trust the archieves ? Yes, I think that they should have retrieved the Nexu just to see the look on Madame Nu?s face! Thanks for the ups!

KA - thanks for the dedication ? No problem! :) Well, thankfully, I wasn't too much of a bad influence. ? LOL! I like the little conversation she and Obi-Wan had about the ethical advantage of flirting against the Mind Trick. - As he had to get her out of trouble with the mt when they arrived, she had to show that it isn?t always needed and flirting is definitely more ethical as the other person?s response is entirely their own! Thanks for the ups!

Thanks AJK!

This chapter is going to quite light hearted and non serious, so don?t think that all the angst and the drama has gone, it will be back in the next chapter.

---------------------------------------

Quote from Material Girl by Peter H Brown and Robert S Rans.

Chapter 4 ? Telos
    Part 1

We are living in a material world

?The Viceroy of the Trade Federation was once in league with this Darth Sidious. But he was betrayed ten years ago by the Dark Lord.? Obi-Wan looked at him in surprise. Maybe Dooku was speaking the truth. The warrior he had faced on Naboo who had fought on the side of the Trade Federation, was a Sith and according to legend there were always two. However ten years had passed and this Darth Sidious had disappeared. The Republic faced a more immediate threat. That posed by the Separatists?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mia looked up as Obi-Wan entered the cockpit. ?How?s the shoulder??

?Almost as good as new.?

?We should be there in three standard hours. In case you are interested, this is what attacked us.?

Obi-Wan looked at the screen and read the information displayed. ?A Nexu native to Cholganna. You know what this means??

?What??

?We can?t sue the archives!?

Mia laughed.

?I hope I never run into one of those again.? Kenobi took a last look at the screen.

?So, what are we looking for on Telos??

?I don?t know.? He admitted.

?Well, let?s start with what we do know.?

?We know that Qui-Gon isn?t on Yavin 4. Also that someone left the Nexu there to protect something or to discourage visitors. We know that San Hill was there recently, possibly at the same time. What would San Hill want with Yavin??

?Business with the Techno Union?? Mia suggested. ? Why use the smaller port though??

?He was going to the research facility.?

?Yes, but the mechanic seemed surprised that he was there, which implies that he usually uses the main port.?

Kenobi nodded. ?So he was there for a special reason.?

?Do you think that this is linked to the use of the Temple and the battle droids??

?It would be dangerous to assume anything.?

?You sound like Master Yoda!?

Obi-Wan smiled. ?We need a contact on Telos. Find out what San Hill is doing there.?

?Do you know anyone??

?No but Dex might. I?ll contact him.?

Mia stood up, ?I?m going to pack.?

?Are you sure that you will have enough time?? Kenobi grinned.

Mia stopped at the door and gave him a dirty look. As he set up the holo communicator to contact Dex, Obi-Wan?s smile faded. Her vision had shown Qui-Gon in danger on Yavin 4 and they had not found him and now they were chasing across the galaxy looking for someone who might have nothing to do with Qui-Gon?s disappearance.

?Obi-Wan.? Dex broke into his thoughts.

?Hello Dex.?

?Any news about your friend?? Dex looked concerned.

?Nothing definite yet.?

?How can I help??

?I need a contact on Telos. Do you know anyone??

?Telos, hmmm let me get back to you.?

----------------------------------------

?All packed??

?Yes, thank you.? Mia sat in the co pilots chair.

?I?ll go and get changed, we should be there soon.?

?Was Dex helpful??

?He?s going to contact us.?

Telos loomed

9. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    oh i don't think obi should regret it... i think he should enjoy it quite a bit... tee hee hee...

and i think obi was jealous of mia's flirting... i do i think he was jealous... and it's wrong for him to think otherwise!

and i stick to my guns on this... *BANG*

great last two posts... they are getting quite enjoyable

i think you we should go to kamino and clone a ravished obi-wan... what do you say? (reference to my last post on my story for those that don't know)

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    LOL @ that last line!

Another great post, can't wait to see what happens!

11. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Very nice post, Sabe.

?I hope I never run into one of those again.? He almost did though. I'm just imagining the look on his face in AOTC when Anakin asked him about what to do with Padmé. He seemed pretty relieved to notice that she "seemed to be on top of things." [face_laugh] :D :p

he runs the ?Star of Telos.?

What?s that Dex?? Obi-Wan asked.

?A nightclub.?

I'm probably way off track, but have you ever heard of the author Laurell K. Hamilton? She writes vampire novels, the titles of which come from the names of nightclubs in the stories. That's what I immediately thought of when I read those lines above.

?Why do I think I am going to regret this??

That's as SW as "I have a bad feeling about this." :D

Once again, well done, Sabe.

12. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Obi and Mia at a nightclub? [face_shocked] This should be good!
    I do agree, T_J dear, if it were I were Mia, but yet again I'm not, but if I were I would make sure Obi played the part of my husband and every respect! [face_love]
    Okay everytime I read San Hill I think of Sam Hill so when you wrote something about finding out what San Hill was doing I couldn't help but laugh and think what in the Sam Hill is going on here! [face_laugh] That was much funnier in my head. You will ignore that comment [waves hand]
    Oh, my, I think I've lost it tonight - must be the frigid temps in my neck of the woods I must have perma-frosted my brain!
    P.S. Dex's friend's name - very nice ;)

13. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    TJ - oh i don't think obi should regret it... ? I think he will regret it, Mia will make sure of that! :) The mileage she can get out of this is never ending! Sorry TJ but he was surprised at her flirting with the mechanic not jealous. This is still a year before the events of Duty.

AJK - LOL @ that last line! ? Thanks! Next instalment this weekend.

KA ??I hope I never run into one of those again.? He almost did though. ? Couldn?t resist that! have you ever heard of the author Laurell K. Hamilton? She writes vampire novels, the titles of which come from the names of nightclubs in the stories. ? No, I haven?t heard of her. I just thought that the name of the club would make a good title.

FAB - Oh, my, I think I've lost it tonight ? No comment! LOL! ;) As for their undercover roles, Ahemmm, may I remind you FAB that this is a PG 13 rated fic and an adventure not a romance! :) Besides, Mia does not think of him in that way, a point she is going to make very clear in an upcoming instalment. He does not think of her in that way either and knows that she is going to make him suffer. You will ignore that comment [waves hand] ? Sorry your powers are weak today FAB. Who is Sam Hill? Dex's friend's name - very nice ? Glad you think that seeing as you came up with it! :)

14. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Shame on me! Tisk, tisk, I was a very bad girl!
    Oh, Who/What in the Sam Hill is an American expression. As to who the blazes he is, I actually don't know. So, I morphed into geek mode and found a website about the real Sam Hill - who would have ever thought it was an actual person!
    Who is Sam Hill?

15. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Thank the Force for geek mode. [face_laugh] Very interesting information, FAB, I've kinda wondered "Who in the Sam Hill is Sam Hill?" myself. :)

16. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    awwwww but i still think he's jealous he just doesn't know it yet...

you realize it's an unconscious thing for a guy to be jealous...

and i'm stickin to my point of view :p

17. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    Thank the Force for geek mode. Well, that's the first time I've ever seen anyone that excited about morphing into geek mode.
    Did you all know that the secondary definition for geek is "a carnival performer biled as performing bizarre acts, such as bitting off the head of a live chicken"? Well, that's according to my Maven's word-a-day desk calendar
    I've kinda wondered "Who in the Sam Hill is Sam Hill?" myself. ROTFLMAO! KA

18. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for the info about Sam Hill Fab.

Quote from Baz Lurhmann's Moulin Rouge

Chapter 4 ? Telos
    Part 2

I believe you were expecting me

Tambor cut the transmission from Cerea. His scientists were no closer to discovering why the drug Dooku had provided was so important. From the tests it appeared to be a strong sleeping drug but the chemical structure revealed a couple of elements unknown to some of the best scientists in the galaxy.

The situation on Ord Binir was under control. The Tehno Union could not afford to have protests at its own headquarters. The workers had been easily appeased and it appeared that the protest had been due to some off worlders. He had mentioned this to the Count who promised to investigate. However, Tambor reflected, protests on other worlds would not be as easily controlled. Maybe Dooku?s proposal was the only way to maintain the strength of the Union. He would contact him in due course to establish exactly what the Count was offering but first he would confer with the representative of the Banking Clan.

San Hill listened to Tambor?s concerns. ?I agree but I have business to take care of here on Telos.?

?Very well. I shall talk with the Count and meet with you later.?

Pleased with his reaction, Tambor contacted Dooku. If the Banking Clan and Techno Union were in agreement they would have a stronger negotiating position.

?Count, I am still concerned about the Jedi reaction. They must realise that he is missing, we must be wary.?

Dooku smiled. ?Do not concern yourself Tambor. Their attention will soon be diverted from one missing Jedi.?

---------------------------------------

From her vantage point Mia had a view of the main dance floor. Obi-Wan sat at a table at the back of the club. To her amusement he was not alone, she watched as a steady stream of females approached his table. She would get a drink and join him.

In spite of the situation, Mia had to admit, with some guilt, that she had enjoyed their time on Telos. The apartment was luxurious and had a view over the city towards the snow covered mountains. In the main bedroom they had found clothes for every occasion, which was lucky, as they had discovered that the Club was more on a level with the best restaurants on Coruscant than Dex?s Diner.

Arriving at the club she had been surprised to learn that their names were on the guest list. This was hardly the low-key presence they had wanted. Mia had expected Obi-Wan to be sitting at one of the booths on the elevated walkway with a view of the dance floor, the main entrance and out of the way. Although the table he had chosen was furthest from the dance floor and the bar he was the centre of attention. She bet a meal at one of the best Coruscant restaurants that he was regretting that decision. Deciding to rescue him she descended the stairs and headed for the bar.

?Two bantha blasters please.?

?They?re on the house.?

Mia turned, ?Thank you.?

?Lia Marsen? I?m Ni-an,? the Twilek smiled, ?Manager of Star of Telos. Jax told me to expect you,? she explained as they shook hands.

?Nice to meet you.?

?I believe that your husband is looking to invest.?

?Yes, that?s right.?

?Is he here??

?Over there.?

Ni-an smiled, ?He doesn?t seem to want to dance.?

?Oh, I?m sure he does. Ben?s just shy.?

?Don?t worry, we?ll get him dancing.?

?Thanks Ni-an. If you?ll excuse me, I?ll go and rescue him.?

?Of course. I?ll have your drinks sent over and let you know when Jax arrives.?

-------------------------------------

?Look I really don?t want to dance. Thank you but no.? Obi-Wan sighed. It had been his idea to arrive at the club first; he didn?t think that bringing Mia here was a good idea. He knew that she had finally arrived, he needed something to get him out of this and?

?Darling!?

Obi-Wan looked up startled and the women hovering nearby regarded her suspiciously as Mia approached. He stood up, ?Where have you been?? Her response was to kiss him and sit down. He read ?you o

19. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, I guess it is my turn to say it. I was there. :D Excellent description of the club, Sabe. And poor Obi-Wan getting all of the attention. Weren't there any lecherous types drooling over Mia? :p

I'm not exactly sure about this Twi'lek manager, Ni-an. Why wasn't Jax able to show up, huh?

Again, well done. :)

20. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    good work on that latest post... i would give you a more detailed commentary but i'm distracted by mask of zorro and latin practice test tonight

21. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Great post Sabe!

22. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
    I've got to agree with KA - great descriptions there! Wonder why Jax couldn't make it? Loved the playful bantering between Obi and Mia!
    And it was finally nice to meet Ni-an ;)!

23. ForceAchtungBaby

Jul 18, 2002
  24. Sabe126

Jun 18, 2002
    KA - Well, I guess it is my turn to say it. I was there. ? Thanks KA! :) Weren't there any lecherous types drooling over Mia? ? Not yet? I'm not exactly sure about this Twi'lek manager, Ni-an. Why wasn't Jax able to show up, huh? ? Dex told them that Jax was off world on business.

TJ ? Thanks! I hope that you weren?t too distracted by the Mask of Zorro and that your test went ok!

AJK ? Thank you! :)

FAB - Wonder why Jax couldn't make it? Loved the playful bantering between Obi and Mia! See above for the answer. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the up!

----------------------------------------

Quote from the Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge.

Chapter 4 - Telos
    Part 3

I?ll drink all the time.

Obi-Wan awoke late the next morning to find Mia watching him. He started to sit up, to ask what was wrong but the seismic blast in his head stopped him. ?At last, here drink this.?

He regarded the glass suspiciously, ?What is it??

?Hangover cure.? He took a sip, ?Where from??

?I asked Dex. He said this one usually worked on you.? She took the empty glass, ?Rest, I?m going out.?

By the time she returned, Obi-Wan had made it as far as the sofa. ?How are you feeling??

He opened his eyes, ?Fragile. Sorry about last night.?

She put a box on the table and took off her coat, boots and gloves. ?Don?t worry about it.? He looked at her. She smiled, ?You don?t remember, do you??

Sheepishly he shook his head. ?Only bits of it, what did I do??

?Nothing that I can hold against you unfortunately!?

Obi-Wan sighed. ?I don?t think bantha blasters agree with me.?

?It wasn?t the bantha blasters,? she told him sitting down.

?I remember we were at this nightclub and we were married, or did I dream that??

?Oh, that was real.?

Slowly the memories of the night before returned, oh force, he had kissed her.

?Actually it was the other way round but relax, it?s a cover us being married but the club was real.?

?And the dancing?? She nodded. Obi-Wan buried his face in his hands, ?Did I drink too much at the club? Is that why I danced?

?No, when we got back you insisted on drinking everything in apartment.?

?Didn?t you try to stop me??

?Yes, you told me to ?go kiss a nerf herder!?

?Sorry.

--------------------------------------------

In the air taxi back to the apartment Obi-Wan had been silent. Instead of entering the apartment building he had walked down the street.

?Where are you going??

?For a drink, I won?t be long.?

Mia woke an hour later and found Obi-Wan working his way steadily through the drinks cabinet. ?Here you are,? he handed her a glass. ?A toast to us, to the mission.?

?Haven?t you had enough??

?No, drink it!?

?What is it??

He studied the bottle, ?Alderaanian Nectar.? Mia stared at him for a moment, then put the glass down and went back to her room slamming the door behind her. Obi-Wan shrugged and finished the bottle.

Mia returned from her room, Obi-Wan opened his eyes slowly. ?Why the coat??

?It?s snowed.? She opened the blinds as he staggered to the window.

?I thought it was cold last night.? On his way back to the sofa, Obi-Wan noticed the box she had placed on the table. It was full of alcohol; he went even paler. ?None for me.?

?It isn?t for you. It?s to replace what you got through last night.?

He picked up a bottle. ? Alderaanian Nectar, why did you buy this Mia??

?You drank it.?

?Did you?? he looked worried. ?You know you?re allergic.?

?So, do you.?

Mia tried to sleep but she could not. She had seen Obi-Wan drink enough to drink a Hutt under the table but it had never affected him like this. She needed him to be strong; they were so close to finding Qui-Gon. There was a cry from the other room, she pulled on her robe and crossing the living area quietly opened Obi-Wan?s door. He was sprawled on the bed and seemed to be in the middle of a nightmare, ?Qui-Gon no, don?t train Anakin.? After a few moments he was s

25. Knight-Ander

Jul 19, 2002
    Obi-Wan must really be having problems with this mission if he went on such a terrible bender. I could just see Mia staring daggers at him when he handed her the Alderaanian Nectar. LOL

Nicely done post, Sabe. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.