main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Star Tours being revamped

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Varekei, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005

DVICE [newsletter@dvice.com]

2. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Sorry for the double post, but I've been told that my link didn't come through but the following one will:

star-tours-ride-getting-an-upgrade.html from latimesblogs.latimes.com May 3, 2009

or this one:

http://dvice.com/archives/2009/05/disney-planning.php

3. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    I have mixed feelings on this and hope they don't screw it up like the prequels we will see on fan day if they are done by then.[face_thinking]

4. SoccerRyot

SoccerRyot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2007
    Finally! I am looking forward to it.

5. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Except for some continuity flaws and some rather crass characterizations in Episode I, I don't consider the prequels "screwed up" at all. In fact, Episode III and Episode V are tied for the best Star Wars Movies for me.

6. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Well good news went on it yesterday and it is still the same for now was told by a Disney Employee and SW Fan that Master George is still working on the changes and the revamp may be some time till implemented.

7. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    It's official now. Star Tours WILL be revamped

IGN Article

8. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Well I'm sure they will be done by next years Fan Day, crossing fingers that they don't screw it Up[face_shame_on_you]

9. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Looks like the IGN article said the revamp doesn't start until October of next year for both Floriday and Anaheim parks. That means they will both be the same rides as they are now for next June. Hopefully, the work will be done and the rides reopened for the Star Wars Fan Day in 2011.

10. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Screwed up the prequels?! LOL, get real dude. The prequels are amazing, and Episode III is widely regarded as the best Star Wars film, not ESB anymore.

I can't wait for a new Star Tours! I'm very excited. I just went on Star Tours last month, but it'll be so cool for it to be all revamped.

11. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Widely regarded? Does such condescention directed at GFORCE came with any statistics to back that up?

Moviefone asked the question in 2009, with the following vote breakdown:

Which is the best 'Star Wars' movie?

'Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back' - 37%
    'Episode IV: A New Hope' - 27%
    'Episode VI: Return of the Jedi' - 18%
    'Episode III: Revenge of the Sith' - 13%
    'Episode I: The Phantom Menace' - 3%
    'Episode II: Attack of the Clones' - 2%

GFORCE has a right to his opinion, and the opinion that the best movie is one of the original trilogy is a pretty common view, with the OT votes being 82% of the poll.

12. Skywalker24

Skywalker24 Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2009
    Are you insane? We're all big SW fans here (obviously), but it's very well known the prequels were screwed up and did not live up to the original trilogy in any way. I agree ROTS is pretty damn close at times, but it's nowhere near what you say as 'widely regarded as the best'. Empire still holds that reign, and New Hope for some. ROTS is a great film, but still had atrocious acting and cheesy dialogue.

13. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Listen I am as much of a Fan of SW as the rest of you especially since I am one of the Original Fans that got to see the Originally Trilogy in the Theathers in the 70-80's and yes when Clone Wars S.2 begins on October 2nd, I will be right there with you watching. I never knew when I orginally posted this almost 4 months ago it would become such a hotbed of concern, but what's done is done and I stand by my Statement!!!. Well I guess the good that came out of this is it got people posting again on this board!!![face_thinking] Also would like to Thank LB for his Statistical Support on this issue!!!:-B

14. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Statistically, American Idol is one of the most popular shows on TV. Personally, I wouldn't care if it NEVER aired again...but that's just me. That's the point really. I have two favorite Star Wars movies: Empire Strikes back and Revenge of the Sith (notice? one from the old trilogy & one from the prequels). But, I'll be darned if I'm going to put down someone who says New Hope or even Phantom Menace is their favorite. I would, however, take umbrage with anyone who claims that the Star Wars genre isn't very good, though.

15. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Nothing to see here move along!!!

16. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Hmmm much Fear and Anger I sense in you these things lead to the Darkside, Yessssss!!!:-B

17. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Then the force is not with you, GF.

18. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Really if you mean the Darkside, I do not embrace it in any form, I only seek to travel the path of the Lightside of the Force!!!!
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before me"
    " Only a Sith deals in absolutes"
    [face_thinking]:-B

19. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    No, I mean the Force, neither dark nor light. For example, if you were using a chance cube, you, Anakin & Schmee would ALL belong to Watto.

If you were rushing off Dagobah to rescue Leia & Han, you would have ended up on Geonosis instead of Bespin.

20. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Oh I knew what you were talking about but still stand by what I just said, regardless of other Jedi's travel arrangements.:cool:

21. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Speaking of which, what does all this have to do with the revamping of a Disneyland ride?

22. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Nothing but you know it did keep this post alive!!1:p

23. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007

Speaking of keeping dead things alive....APRIL FOOLS!

24. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    WB Ha, Ha and Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!1[face_devil]

" The Blood is the Life"

25. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    I'm excited for the re-vamp of the ride but sadden at the same time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.