Story [Star Trek 2009] "A Slow, Sure Burn", Spock/Nyota ficlets and drabbles - Updated 8/11

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    So, while Deb took something awesome and poignant from Master_Jay's last post, I for one could not get my mind out of the 'casual blacks' gutter. :p

So, here we have . . . [face_whistling]

VI. give a girl a myocardial infraction or cardiac arrest, or whatever the technical term was . . .

Starfleet Academy, Earth
    Stardate: 2257.256

It was a habit of hers that she had started almost on accident.

When her roommate couldn't be bothered to move her extracurricular activities outside of their dorm, and when James T. Kirk somehow hacked into the mainframe to discover which hours precisely she had booked the sensor labs for, and was imposing his cocky and arrogant brand of chasing skirt on her, she often found herself relocating to the Commander's quarters to study. As his TA, few would call it an impropriety ? even without taking into consideration the officer in question.

She passed her codes through the chime, and announced herself with a loud sigh and a tired heaving of her bags onto the floor. It was tricky to remove her boots, and not spill a drop of the cappuccino she held in her left hand ? but oh, that was something she could manage. The barista at her favorite stand on campus had taken one look at her face when she had approached, and added an extra shot to her regular form of poison, not bothering to add milk to the drink, and just the foam. Lots of foam. And if she wasn't mistaken, there was hazelnut mixed in ? which had also been an addition of pity. She had to remember to tip the lovely barista more next time.

Not even five minutes later, she was already seated at her customary spot at the long coffee table in the main room, and wading through the mire of the Bordolin poetry she was translating when Spock walked in. His nod and customary inquiries about her day were lost on her with the earpiece she was wearing. So, untangling it from her hair (this was so not her day) she finally freed herself and looked up at the Commander to hear him better.

And promptly found herself speechless.

Obviously, she had had not enough sleep or coffee; too much Gaila being Gaila, and Kirk being Kirk . . . because now she was seeing things.

?You're not wearing your uniform,? she said stupidly ? the only thing that could seem to escape her tongue tied mouth.

She felt like smacking herself.

Spock, however, merely raised a brow ? which was odd, because it was normally him raising it at other cadets and her being smug in the assurance that she and he tended to understand each other well. She felt like pouting for a moment ? but it was over the stipulations of Life Not Being Fair, so she figured she was warranted it.

?I had no classes today,? Spock remarked carefully. ?And as I was in my quarters, it seemed illogical to wear my uniform.?

Very logical indeed, but he could warn her first. She had never seen him outside of regulation clothing ? and the long black slacks and the tight black shirt with the simple silver emblem stitched over the left side of his chest . . . The highs and lows of that shirt were drawing her eyes over all sorts of interesting muscles, and for some reason all that black just seemed to make his legs seem that much longer, and . . .

She took a quick sip of her drink, hoping that the heat of the beverage would explain to the very observant Vulcan why she was blushing about ten different shades to Orion and back.

?If it would suit you better, I could don the uniform . . .? Spock said slowly.

And give her another reason for her addled hormones to jump all over the place? She thought not.

?No ? I was just surprised.?

Spock watched her carefully for a moment before moving to the opposite end of the coffee table, his own work in hand. She was good, very good ? she kept her hands to herself (because obviously her No Good Very Bad Day was starting to look up, but with all of the Gaila and Kirk on her brain, that was not a good thing. Nope. Not at all. And she could say that in a dozen languages.)

She was proud of herself. She />
  2. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    The term is myocardial infarction. That is the technical term, and the medical community shorten it to MI. Thankfully, because I couldn't even type the words: blood pressure right about now.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Lady, if you don't send this to Ceillean, I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pardon me why I erect the statue to Saint Nyota -- because frankly, I'd've have jumped his bones two seconds after he walked into that room!!!!!!

And. That. Is. A Fact.

A true. Indisputable. Fact!!!!!

You can kiss it off for me, baby darling. Slowly, very slowly.

I can dip myself in fondue and let you take care of that too.

Ahem!!!

Mira, you --

Thank you!!!!!

[:D]

A Very Steamed up Jade, but in a very, very good way.

3. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh. My. God.

Two posts in a row you have rendered me into a puddle of goo, just thinking of that.

I love how we feed off each other.

Casual blacks...*sigh*

And I'm proud of Nyota too, i would have jumped him too. (Heck, I would have jumped Kirk in the last post of my fic too but noooo our girls have restraint. Like enormous restraint)

and the cappucino... oh my...that was sexy. I wouldn't hesitate on that one AT ALL!!!

Keep our minds in the gutter please...you do it so very well!!!

4. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Deb: I'm so glad we have a medical savvy gal in our mists - it sure will come in handy with this next one. ;) [:D]

Master_Jay: Where does that restraint come from? Sheesh. :p I am quite happy to keep you all gutter-ized. I have one more (cough*hot*/cough) one for you, and then I swear that I will get onto other things. Maybe . . . :oops:

~MJ @};-
  5. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    By request from the simply awesome Jade_eyes, with a title stolen from the almost as awesome e. e. cummings. ;)

Enjoy your fic!gift, hon. ;)

[face_whistling]

VII. ?nearer, flesh of my flesh?

Starfleet Academy, Earth
    Stardate: 2257.347

Nyota Uhura has known all about Vulcans for a very long time. It had started young, when she was just old enough to accompany her father on one of his diplomatic translations. Joining him had been a pair of Vulcan ambassadors, and her father had been most severe when he explained to her how one was to act around them ? not only out of respect for difference in outlooks, but for their physiological differences as well. (And minus her complete fascination with the ears ? like Arwen and Galadriel and Elrond all come to life! - she paid her father's words close attention.)

And while she has expanded upon and intensified that knowledge as of late (for no reason in particular, save perhaps the most obvious one ? which she tries to conveniently forget when she's trying to reason with herself), she finds the brunt of the information escaping her past the most disjointed and slimmest lines of thought.

It's hard to call to mind anything else, you see, as her mind plays fact versus fiction.

(The most sensitive part of Vulcans is their hands ? do not offer your hand, Nyota, simply lift yours and make the salute that I showed you - the ta'al ? and gently incline your head.)

His flesh was warm, and hers, deliciously chilled from the winter air beyond, and yet she found hers quickly warmed against his as the Earth played into the heat of the sun. She orbited him like so, twinning her fingers through his, and molding her body to his like gravity held her to the ground below.

Those same hands were tracing slowly up and down her back, fingers curious and gentle and almost teasing as they played with the ties to her dress. In response she ran her hands through his hair, delighting in musing his severe appearance as she drank deeply of him, her mouth and his a translation for only them to hear. She was smiling against his lips, her motions slow and easy as she learned the whole of him. He mirrored the movements of her mouth, their roles reversed as he took what she taught.

(You must never touch a Vulcan ? they are touch telepaths, and it is a rude invasion of privacy to put your thoughts on them.)

Against the back of her mind, she felt him close and heady as her mind pulsed as an open book before him. The constant contact of skin and the sultry rush that connected them was making his control lax, his mind open as he shared every thought and feeling with her ? it was not a full bond, or even a full meld, and she felt a brush of later against her mind at that, but it was intimate ? most exceedingly so.

In the end, she wasn't sure if it was his thought or hers that had her hands running underneath his uniform top, finding smooth skin below, but the glimmer of approval she felt was most decidedly from them both.

(Vulcans do not kiss, Gaila had said simply. They do this first two finger touch thingy which apparently has something to do with their marital bonds. I don't know the particulars yet ? any chance your Vulcan has a brother? Cousin, maybe?)

But humans do, her brain hummed contentedly.

And very, very well. She wanted to add, if her mind wasn't so occupied. Creatively too ? and wasn't there a perk to all that logicality and smarts being put to good use?

Goosebumps were redefining the surface of her skin, and she couldn't seem to keep her mouth from smiling as she kissed him again and again, short pecks turning to long and leisurely sips as her body stole secrets from his own.

Her hands were busy trying to get his uniform top from him ? tricky, without breaking their kiss ? and soon the offending garment joined the trail of them leading from the door. She felt her pulse jump when she remembered him helping her take off her red leather boots ? hands skimming the material/>
  6. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    You need to change your user name to Mira Lee. [face_laugh]

Ah! As ginchy defined L/M sizzle and steam and provided a yardstick, so you define S/U.

I cannot even begin to articulate how absolutely gorgeous this is.

Like a prayer, a benediction of divine, heavenly all-embracing destiny.

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

:D

I adore, adore, adore, adore how all the "excellent" tips she had from others paled and blew away like mirages in the sweet, Edenic perfection of the reality.

[face_love]

[face_love]

Thanks a quadrillion.

7. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    You put everything into perspective here, Mira. I mean wow... everything the world thinks of Vulcans is not entirely correct.

At least when it comes to our favorite half Vulcan.

Boy does he deliver when it comes to his love.

I melted at the "Yours" "Mine" lines...I just...melted. Seriously.

And everything else was just icing on that cake. I am so glad you did not wait til Monday. This just made these past two days being sick in bed so much better.

*sigh*

Soooo very good...

*goes off to dream of our Favorite half Vulcan...*
  8. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Delivers huh? Just call him the Mail Man and sing the sweet refrain: Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm yours. :D :D

Baby. As in: Mr. Postman, let me eat you up like Godiva chocolate.

9. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Jade_eyes: You flatter me too much. [face_blush] But I love it. :p It sure was . . . interesting to write, trying to keep it IC and somewhat plot-ish-y. :) I am glad you enjoyed. [:D]

Master_Jay: I do hope you feel better - Spock can definitely help with that in more ways than one. ;) And yep - I love the whole Vulcan debate of logic vs. emotion - although I have never explored it in such a setting. [face_blush] It was . . . fascinating. :p

~MJ @};-
  10. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    A day late because I was out playing in our first 'significant' snowfall. (Yep - I'm one of those with a big truck cleaning up after Mother Nature. And, seeing as how Michigan-ders don't know the meaning of 'stay inside while we pick up the foot of snow in the bellow freezing temperatures' my job is always interesting. [face_love])

So, we need a snow fic:

[face_dancing]

VIII. ?a fall of frozen precipitation is of no fascination for me?

Moon Slopes, Dellan Prime
    Stardate: 2258.107

?Do you know that the Tarazites have two hundred and thirty-one words for snow??

?As it was one of my classes in which you gleaned that piece of information, then I am moved to answer in the affirmative.?

?Oh, so that was where I heard that from,? she gave, her eyes sparkling playfully.

Spock's tone was carefully blank, his eyes just short of being narrowed. ?For my part, I will confess to not understanding why anything more than one term would be needed.?

In his voice loitered an illogical, and old distaste of the snow ? and anything to do with the more cold aspects of weather.

?I think that it is beautiful,? she whispered, her voice catching on something like childlike awe.

Dellan Prime was a small planet in the Carunt system. It was a world known for it's sweeping snow cap mountains, and long even plains of silver blue ice ? an obvious destination for winter sports enthusiasts the galaxy round. The slopes were vacant at this time of morning, and their standing figures cast long shadows against the gleaming snow as the sun threatened to rise above them.

Snow fascinated her. Growing up in Nairobi, with shimmering plains of summer warmed grass before her eyes, and the sharp twang of woodsmoke and safari spice filling her nose, she had never dreamed to one day set foot on a planet composed entirely of snow.

She kicked her boot against the ground, sending up a spray of white mist. The crystals glittered on the pink morning light, forming patterns against the still lingering constellations above. A smile split her face at the action, happy and content in the moment.

When she reached down to scoop up a handful of snow, she caught Spock staring at her. The slight twitch to his mouth, and the tilt of his head spoke of his curious amusement, and she smiled at it. This seemed to baffle him more.

She raised a brow, and, holding his gaze, she firmly packed the snow in her hands. Spock watched the ball forming with every inch unacknowledged disdain. It made her smile widen all the more.

?If your sole function in molding the snow is to throw it at my person -?

She took one second to raise her hand; adjusted her aim twice, and let it rip.

To his credit, Spock didn't as much as flinch as the ball went sailing over his shoulder.

There was an unmistakable wet crunch of packed snow meeting the slick material of a snowsuit, followed by the even more unmistakable sound of cursing. Nyota fought to contain her laughter as Spock raised a brow before darting a glance over his shoulder.

Sure enough, not even twenty feet away, Jim Kirk was standing on the slope, brushing the snow out of his hair and uniform with something approaching disgust. The barrage of words muttered under his breath became more decipherable as he leveled his glare over at her.

? . . . I am sure that I can construe this as mutiny some way. At the very least, I am sure that there is a regulation somewhere that states that throwing snow balls at your captain is a court martialing offense.?

Spock's brow dipped in thought. ?Regulation 175, subsection C, paragraph twelve clearly states that the throwing of projectiles against a commanding officer is prohibited. Although, not necessarily on a scale demanding a court martial. However, -?

His voice was cut off when Nyota very solemnly raised her hand and interrupted, ?I didn't throw it - It was him.? Spock's eyes snapped to her.

There was a flicker of 'I'm not buying it' on Kirk's face before his icy blue eyes lit up at the possibili/>
  11. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Oh, how fun!!!

I love that song Winter Wonderland especially where they're cozy by the fire -- I would.

Snow boarding is fun! But snow ball fights -- LOL -- I think pillow and/or tickle fights are more -- mush-inducing -- that's the criteria I go by [face_laugh]

~

Ah, so it's Michigan where you're at!

I have several friends who transferred from Michigan to Florida and let me tell you --- they're GLAD! [face_laugh]

[face_mischief]

12. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah Deb, while Mira has snow, we're down here in FL freezing out tails off anyhow. I heard it was warmer in Vancouver than it is here.

I mean if it's this cold can we at least have snow? Seriously...

(Girl from Cali talking here. I like snow. Snow fascinates me...kinda like Nyota)

But that post was adorable. Like utterly adorable. I love it![face_dancing]

I loved how Kirk and Nyota teamed up to throw snowballs at Spock. And the image of him just standing there made me just wanna hug him. It was sooo cute. [face_love]

And then all three of them teaming up on Jim.

Priceless![face_laugh][face_laugh]

And you just gave me an idea for a fic...if i can manage to stay out from under my covers for that long.
  13. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Master Jay -- LOL!

And before I lived in FL, I lived in TX, where it snows even more seldom :p [face_laugh]

So ... I wouldn't mind a teensy bit of snow but I wouldn't wanna live where there's like six months of winter ;)

Yeah, well if Spock gets too put out by Ny, she can always "take the couch" [face_laugh] yeah right. Like Liz is gonna consign sweetie pie Kyp to the sofa (in Beginnings) [face_laugh] No matter what she says [face_laugh]

14. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Jade_eyes: Yep! Michigan is it for me. [face_love] I know many of my friends who have moved to Texas - and Florida. The economy is falling apart up here, and many people are getting out of the auto industry while they can. :( But the snow is a perk. So lovely. [face_love]

Master_Jay: Oh, it just reeks when there's all cold and no snow! :( And I too loved that mental image of Spock - I built the ficlet around that. [face_love] Besides, Kirk sooooo had it coming. ;)

~MJ @};-
  15. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    This was totally inspired by helping Deb brainstorm for her latest fic, "When Halves Become Wholes". If you haven't checked it out, you really should. Like, now. [face_love] [face_dancing]

IX. ?you know this story, whole?

Nu'ri Shi'khar, Vulcan II
    Stardate: 2258.184

Your son visits the new home of your people just over four months after its founding.

Officially, Starfleet was transporting items and persons both, but you can admit that you were lost to the particulars of the matter in favor of the curiosity that invaded your mind. Your son was with a young woman when the officers landed ? a Linguist whom you remembered from your brief time aboard the Enterprise. She had a pleasing smile, and her Vulcan was spoken as clearly as any native. She was talented, you knew, and when you made inquiries about her to those around you, even the hard to impress of his brethren spoke with high hopes and respect for her career.

But, what interested you that most about Nyota Uhura, was the connection she shared with your son.

You could feel the bond that linked them as if it were a wick amongst candle wax. It was strong and fueling, everburning in an intense way that you have rarely felt before. Such bonds were normally brought about by an outside binder ? the tel'tor. A marital connection between minds.

During that first meeting, Spock had often held your eye ? and you did not comment on it, knowing that he would later seek you out.

You were almost grateful for the reprieve that your son's hesitation bought ? needing the time to center yourself, and ponder this development. Such pondering brought back other memories ? memories which you would rather forget, and the weight of them was stiffing at times.

Your Amanda had suspected, you remembered, but you had not put weight into her theories then . . .

Memories of her, even after all this time, result in a vague, aching sort of pain that you suspected would never truly fade. Human though she may have been, their bond had been complete ? and erasing what had existed as half of your own mind for the better part of three decades was not something that would come easily. So much of your thoughts and memories were hers and for her ? the empty spaces of your mind where she had once dwelt were still scared and empty ? and no amount of meditation had been able to heal them.

In many ways, you did not wish for them to.

Later, Spock's words drew the memories forth and tenfold.

?It was something from our first meeting ? as illogical as that sounds. She was so anxious to prove her intellect, and took to my lessons with an eagerness to learn ? and to challenge what I said. There was something to the way her eyes would flash . . . she would tuck her hair behind her ear when she was pleased, and flip it back when I had earned her ire. These motions had fascinated me.?

You understood.

And you remembered.

?Do you often find yourself in the habit of correcting strangers, oh Sarek of Vulcan.?

He had not understood the scorn with which she said his name at the time, but now, years and a full bond later, her sarcasm is palpable to him. Near the end of their relationship, he could pick up on it clearly, if not return it in kind.

?I only meant to further your understanding ? it is a logical correction, giving that you are molding the minds of the young.?

?Logical, yes. Wise, no. My students look up to me ? enlighten me away from them next time.?

He had blinked at her, lost as for words for precisely four point seven seconds ? a rarity for him.

Her eyes had softened. ?But the information was very useful ? thank-you.?

She changed her emotions as the storms shed the wind. He found himself marveling at it. ?I believed, through the whole of your words, you had yet to introduce yourself.?

She flushed ? her skin turning pink in a curious manner, as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. ?Oh yes, I have forgot my manners. My name is Grayson, sir ? Amanda Grayson.? Her hand clenched, as if she would offe
    />
  16. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Hi:

That was one of the most lovely things I've read -- uh huh. Until next time [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] I adored the parallels as Spock confided and Sarek recalled. @};- And that's exactly how I'd describe the S/U connection, so natural and so necessary for them both. SQUEEEEE!

(Sighs! This makes me want to update very, very, very often) [face_laugh]

I love father/son moments. Especially theirs. :D That's why that Elton John song about fathers and sons was sung just for them.

Thank you for using "you" for Sarek's POV.

:*

And I was going to give Sarek a former almost bondmate -- thanks for the name -- LOL

;)

You do the Vulcan thing very well.

I, too, am learning from the best.

[face_love] [face_love]

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!

A very Moved Jade.

17. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    You are my reason for loving Amanda/Sarek.

I adore them and them paralleling Spock and Nyota are just the icing on the cake.

*sigh*

Perfect think to read right before I go out with a guy.

He has A LOT to live up too.

Stupid fictional men...

But I loved it! Like loved loved it!

Ok I'm done now!

Wait

SQUEEEE!!!!

[face_love]

Now I'm done!
  18. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Master Jay -- you make me laugh! A lot to live up to -- if that isn't a fact I don't know what is.

Melty melty melt!

19. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Deb: Oh, it is so much fun doing the Vulcan thing. Especially with our Vulcan's in question. [face_love] And you're welcome for T'Kahl. :D I'm anxious to see what you do with Sarek's backstory on that note. (After all, we know of a former bondmate, and Sybock's mother . . . [face_thinking]) Very interesting indeed . . .

Master_Jay: Oh, I am more than happy to corrupt to the Amanda/Sarek side [face_love]! And I do hope things go right with your beau. [face_love] I wish you the best! [:D]

As always, thanks for reading. [:D]

~MJ @};-
  20. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    X. ?circle whole, as compasses do?

Starfleet Academy, Earth
    Stardate 2257.159

The summer before her senior year, she steals one of his shirts.

It's something human and silly ? indulgent, really; for while she could say that he was everything to her, the premise of student and teacher had just lifted from them, and he was not one to jump quickly from what-can-someday-be, to what-can-be-now.

She will be his TA at the start of a new year, and that thought filled her stomach with butterflies, as much as she told herself that her wish and her fancy was a far off, and distant thing.

Her last evening of studying in his quarters, he had gone out for a moment and she had quite unabashedly taken to strolling around his rooms rather than studying. (And no, she was not snooping! Really.) She fondly eyed the wooden vases and the lyre from Vulcan, and a shelf of honest to goodness books which she had leveled many a lingering caress. When she came before his room, she hesitated once before going in.

The whole time feeling as if she were treading on hallowed ground ? and breaching a large, large trust of his by invading his privacy so (but she would feel guilty later) ? she let her eyes take in the spartan accommodations and the scant decorations, and no, her gaze didn't linger on the bed before looking to take in the view from the window.

He has a stack of neatly folded shirts on the bureau, without thinking almost she took one, smelling the familiar scent of incense and woodspice on it, and a part of her fluttered. When the shirt made it to her bag and home with her to Kenya for the summer, she fought to keep from smiling at the absurdity of her actions.

When her sister sees the item of clothing that is most decidedly not hers, she smiles once ? knowingly ? but doesn't say anything more.

Starfleet Academy, Earth
    Stardate 2258.35

They are walking on the pier, the wind of the ocean is just starting to become cold with the promise of winter ? however mild California's seasons were. The air tasted of salt, and she had goosebumps on her skin from where the mist from the waves decorated the bare flesh of her arms.

Spock took off his own jacket to place over her shoulders, a knowing glint to his eyes as he did so. She drew the sides of the garment closer to her, stealing the warmth left by him for herself. The scent left on the fabric was heady and intoxicating, and she let it sooth her ? as lulling as the waves crashing up on both sides of them.

When, days later, the world falls apart, it is a memory ? a feeling ? that she holds on to.

Commander's Quarters, USS Enterprise
    Stardate: 2261.227

The ship was cold now, so very cold.

She shivered, unable to warm herself even in the middle of the bed, with the covers cocooned around her and the climate controls up high. Her chill was more than just skin deep, vibrating from the deep parts of her, and she wanted scratch at her head to erase the memories that had caused it.

This was the first time she had been alone since Serillious . . . and Spock would be back any moment, she knew. She was not alone, and there was no need to panic. She was safe now . . . Safe. Home.

Against her mind, their bond (which had grown exponentially over the last few days) was strong and soothing as Spock tried to alleviate her fears. She was placed off of active duty until McCoy saw fit to reinstate her privileges, and she knew that Spock was needed on the bridge, but still . . . His absence ached.

Squaring her jaw, and telling herself to stop being foolish, she got to her feet, and moved over to the closet. Bypassing her own clothes she pulled out one of Spock's sweaters from home, which were warm and soft and soothing . . . The feel of him clung to the wool, and she let that warm her past the chill that had invaded her bones.

Later, when her mind was at peace, and he had returned to her, she started to tug the sweater over her head to return it to him. He stayed her movements, his touch very warm throu
  21. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Oh cuteness in the first scene.

I bet Kashore wears Dajan's oversized T-shirts all the time.

And you know Liz wears Kyp's =P~

I adore how she revels even in this small part of him, even at this stage, feels like safety and home. :* :* :*

Raptures.

Scene 2 on the pier:

Yes.

How chivalrous -- though he wouldn't call it that -- of him to give her his jacket.

Scene 3:

Hmmmm. Well, if that didn't melt me, -- the only reason is is because I already am!!!!!!

And he knew she was snitching his stuff all along, my sweet angel boy.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

SQUEEEEEEEE!

P.S. I've been squeeing and melting and bouncing at the thought of your Pern sketch-inspired bunny.

[face_dancing]

Yum-ness!

22. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Jade_eyes: And here it is. [face_mischief][:D]

[face_dancing]

XI. ?for I wish to soar?

Ik'rii Canyon, Averty
    Stardate: 2261.354

You have felt the thrill of falling, in many ways.

In your line of work, it was an expected thing ? you have jumped from many a high place unsure of your landing (and fell once, on that awful mission to Casto III ? which Jim was never to mention, on the pain of death); and you have floated in the nothingness of space with blackness above you and blackness below. You have sank into the abyss of a thousand minds with only a memory leading your way out . . . and you have fallen into love more easier than you thought you ever would have.

But this is different . . .

At first you hadn't believed. You had seen many fantastic things in your voyages, but this would have been something out of childhood daydreams and legend ? something too fantastical to be real.

And yet, Spock assured you that he was not jesting you in the slightest, and you believed him more and more as you set foot on the world of Averty - a small, verdant jewel in a forgotten corner of the quadrant, unassuming and quiet; who boasted a natural population of Ik'rii ? massively winged reptilian beasts that looked to be straight out of human mythology.

Dragons, you called them on an excited squeal, forgetting yourself in your joy as you caught your view of the first magnificent animal.

Stepping close to the edge to where the handler was saddling a hovering beast, you dared to peak ? catching a glimpse of golden scales, and wide, intelligent black eyes that seemed to be lit as if by flame at their core. They were ancient eyes, made of some elemental and alien matter whose composition you could only guess at. The great beast rumbled upon seeing you, the sound vibrating in the hollow parts of you as the pebbles by your boots shook.

You wanted to step forward, to touch; to feel the cool scales under your fingers, but instead you took a step back, awed and overwhelmed by the sight before you.

Your hesitation is noted; as is the awe in your eyes. ?This is Ramoth,? Spock said, introducing you, and patting the flank of the great beast fondly from where he was helping the handler saddle the wyrm. The keeper ? an old friend of the Ambassadors, and friend of the S'chn T'gai clan for the last few thousand years ? had been only too happy to arrange a ride for the future bondmate of one of the thole'es. While Averty's dragons were domesticated (as much as they could be) and used for tourism, their rides were back logged for years, and their riders were carefully screened and chosen. What you were about to do was a rare privilege ? an honor, even.

?Of course her name is Ramoth,? you breathed fondly. ?That is perfect.?

The great mother seemed to purr at your words, tilting her long neck, and flicking her tail anxiously at the side of the ancient ledge. She gave out a rumble that shook her whole body, her wings quivering as she clearly longed to take to the sky.

Normally, a rider of the Ik'rii, even as a tourist, would have to have weeks of training. Spock had been riding for years, so you were permitted to ride with him after only a few basic lessons. Spock settled himself in the saddle with a practiced ease, his sensitive fingers tracing over the great wrym's skin in a fond caress, and you could feel the psi bond between the two flare to life. They had flown together before, more than once.

?Come,? Spock beckoned you, holding one hand securely over the reins, and holding the other hand out to you; calling you forward.

There was an awkward moment as you secured yourself in the double saddle. Your feet found the stirrups and adjusted them, thankful for your lessons with Spock's aunt on horseback that had let you learn that much. After making sure you were secure, you placed your hands around Spock's shoulders, and bit your lip in anticipation.

?Nyota,? Spock murmured gently. ?She wishes to bond.?

You blinked, and felt rather silly for expecting th/>
  23. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Well, well. I'm speechless. Only you, Knight_Aragorn, and divapilot can render me TRULY speechless!

I can't even say "thank you" -- that seems insufficient somehow.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

[face_love]

[face_love]

Maxing out on the affectionate emotes,

A VERY LOVING & Melted Jade!

24. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Jade_eyes: [:D] I am so glad you enjoyed that, Deb! It truly was a treat to write. [face_love]

. . . For this week, I wasn't quite sure what to write, so I picked five words off of the page of the story I was reading, and I wrote drabblish ficlets to them. :p Hey, you'll be surprised what gets the muse going. ;)[face_love] There are no date tags on these, seeing as how they are pretty all over the place when it comes to their place in the timestream. [face_love]

XII. ?were feeling nothing but a chill in your veins?

Prelude

She is the first of your students to arrive.

It is your first class of the year, and you have nearly an hour left before it is time for your lecture to begin. She waves at you as she enters, her eyes sliding over you in distraction as she tried to juggle her bags and her coffee. Her boots made small clicking noises against the sleek floor, you notice the sound of her as she walked past your desk towards the rows of seating.

At once you notice her elegance in her odd shuffling, even as you observe the discordance of her movements. She is mumbling under her breath, dozens of things in dozens of languages that slip and tumble over each other in a blur of syllables; and and briefly you hear her say in Garii that she wished her coffee would kick in before she made a larger fool of herself by spilling the beverage over her new bag ? a gift from her sister, according to her words.

You do not think that she meant to be overheard, or translated at that, but you understood the whole of her words. A part of you felt amusement at the human woman's talent at mixing so many tongues together into one tirade of words.

As logic and chivalry would dictate, you moved over to help her by taking the handful of PADDs from her hands so that she was free to settle herself. You looked down and read their titles to be Xenolinguistics journals on everything from Betazoid to the third Xixiz dialect.

Her eyes slide up to meet yours, and you notice their color and shape as they flushed with something that he knew she would define as bashfulness.

?I know, I'm barely holding myself together,? she says in the form of thanks as you followed her to the seat she chose. ?I promise I am wholly competent ? I'm just making you work to see that right now.?

?I am sure,? you say, voice carefully blank, though any of your kind would be able to see the amusement flickering far bellow the serenity of your gaze.

She has no such restraints, and quirks a smile at you.

When she takes her things from your hold, she is careful not to touch your skin, and you appreciate the subtlety of the gesture.

?I'm Nyota Uhura,? she introduces herself, and while she does not hold her hand to you, her smile widened in a greeting.

?Commander Spock,? you return.

?It's a pleasure to meet you,? the woman ? Nyota, said warmly, looking up at you through a thick fan of charcoal lashes. Gently, she lifted a slender hand pushes a strand of hair, long, silky ? not that you notice texture, simply the form and make of her ? behind her ear, and you stared, entranced.

Solace

You find yourself on the observation deck as you limp back to Earth.

Around you the great ship shuddered, tired and broken as she huddled close to those broken and hopeful aboard her by turns. A crew of heroes and those wanting of a home; of which you are both.

You have felt so much over the course of that day, that you are not sure what to feel anymore. Your body is simply tired, faded and empty as you looked out at the stars without truly seeing their light.

She finds you without you seeking her, her presence a question against your mind that she never shows in her expression as she walks up to you. Her arms are a comforting weight around you, and gently you let your hands rest on her; at her waist, and higher, just brushing the trailing ends of her hair.

You let yourself tremble; finally a seam unraveled under the weight of the day.

Gently, a weight and strength to t/>
  25. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Hmmm. That was -- what? Really, seriously spontaneous word doodles? No way. Yes, way? [face_laugh]

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I love her in Prelude -- and how he's so not noticing little details about her -- rather unsuccessfully.

LOL

What is it about soulmates meeting over handfuls of stuff they help the other with? [face_laugh]

Ah! I knew Liz and Ny were twins. [face_love]

Her giving solace on the observation deck -- sweet!

And -- how he doesn't care who sees them coming and going mornings and evenings -- I don't either. Babies need their mutual comfort and -- fun!

SQUEE!!

Routine -- SQUGGLES!!!!!!!!!!!! How like old but not complacent marrieds they are.

The bloom never falls off that rose let me tell you.

And woohoo!!!! Glad to know that Ny's not the only one making a beeline for the transporter room.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.