Story [Star Trek 2009] "A Slow, Sure Burn", Spock/Nyota ficlets and drabbles - Updated 8/11

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Jade_eyes: They very much were like written 'sketches'. [face_love] And lots of fun to do!! As always, thanks for the kind words. [:D]

XIII: ?you have no dearly beloved, so I shall dearly say?

Starfleet Academy, Earth
    Stardate: 2256.105

?Alrighty, Ny,? Gaila started most seriously, her nose scrunched in concentration as she pressed an old world pair of glasses higher on the bridge of her nose. ?After my extensive research and categorization, I am finally ready to show you my results.?

Nyota didn't budge from where she was folding her share of the laundry. ?I'm not interested, Gaila.?

The Orion woman cocked a richly shaded brow. ?Really, Ny ? you haven't even seen the fruits of my labors ? if you could just give me ten minutes.?

She snapped her shirt pointedly before folding it.

?Fine ? five,? Gaila bartered.

Nyota didn't look over. ?Try thirty seconds, my friend,? she said, knowing that she would never hear the end of it, elsewise.

Punching her hand in the air, Gaila excitedly fanned out the assortment of PADDs she had displayed on her bed. ?Come now ? I have separated candidates by Major, than by intelligence level ? because I know such things matter to you,? and at that Gaila's face creased in confusion. ?And then, appearance and planet of origin come into play. This pile right here,? she tapped one long and painted nail against the PADD displaying a winningly smiling Cadet, ?are the ones that I think most likely to snare your attention.?

Nyota blinked at the sheer time and effort that her friend had put into trying to fix her up before shaking her head. ?Gaila, it's sweet what you're trying to do, but really ? I'm not interested in a relationship at this venture.?

Gaila frowned. ?Who said anything about a relationship??

Nyota counted to ten. Twice. ?Trust me ? for me, there would be a relationship if other . . . things are going on, as well.?

Gaila sighed. ?You are a waste of sheer, sultry femininity,? she lamented.

Nyota shrugged, and pointedly tossed one of Gaila's . . . outfits to her that had gotten mixed in. Gaila looked down at the scarlet material and smiled, ?It's your color,? she offered brightly.

?No thank-you,? Nyota said, trying hard not to smile ? it was hard to stay annoyed at Gaila when she was trying so hard.

Gaila sighed, and looked down at her collection thoughtfully. With a small 'eep' of excitement, she picked up a card for one Cadet Giof Hale. ?How 'bout this one?? Gaila asked. ?He's not a Linguist ? but he's in the Intelligence track, and his marks are excellent. He hails from Xira, too ? nice and exotic, and easy on the eyes.?

?No, thank-you.?

?You struck me as the type to go for the exotic, too,? Gaila murmured.

?I'm not one to shut out the idea of a man who isn't human,? Nyota countered. ?Just, not at this point in my life.?

Gaila blinked at her, serious in her inability to understand just what her roommate was saying. ?But . . . you are at the peak of your game right now, Nyota. You will never be more sexually appealing to the opposite sex ? your body is telling you to live now!?

Nyota snorted. ?I would rather my dog bark at a crow, than a man say he loves me.?

Gaila frowned. ?Shakpeer??

?Shakespeare,? Nyota corrected. ?But yes.?

When she looked over at the next PADD that Gaila picked up, she marched over to her friend;s side with a mortified look on her face. ?Gaila! You do not seriously have instructors on that list!? Nyota exclaimed.

Gaila looked up at her, her blue eyes confused. ?Is that a problem??

?Yes! It's a problem! You don't just . . . certain things are just not right!?

?Professor Hiiu was very right,? Gaila purred in memory. ?And he wasn't my instructor at any rate. I fail to see what the problem is besides your Puriteen views.?

?It's Puritan,? Nyota corrected absently, her horror growing as she looked over the collection that Gaila had gathered for her.

?Is it now,? Gaila tapped her chin thoughtfully as she looked her selection over.

E/>
  2. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Ooh, rofl rofl rofl!

Ny has the physical attraction and the I wanna relationship thing working with the delicious Commander -- and those ears -- and what they can do with their minds when they --

"Oh yes, how very Masterly of you." [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!

After even a rumor of a whisper of a taste of *that*, how could a lady want anything else?

[face_love] [face_love]

SQUEE!

=P~
  3. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh my forgive me for not replying for awhile.

Everything is so squeeable here! And I loved the Fern post. my mom got me into that and it was a dream come true for me too!!!

So keep these coming please! And i hope you're staying safe!
  4. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    M_J1011 posted: So keep these coming please! And i hope you're staying safe!

I second that emotion! [face_praying] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so up there with my favest authors of all time -- and you feed my Trek obsessive/compulsiveness like no one else has ever done!!!!!!!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Jade

@};-

(We need a hot chocolate smiley) ;)

:* [:D]
  5. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Deb: ROFL! Oh, you have to know that I adore reading your comments. :D [face_love] The hot chocholate has prevailed, and the snow has been conquered! Mwaha! :cool: [face_dancing]

Master_Jay: It's so good to see you back here! I have missed you! [:D]

~MJ @};-
  6. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Alrighty, we have some more flashfics here. [face_love]

These are fun, because it lets me air out ideas that I am still working out in my mind. [face_love] The first two are missing scenes, of a sort from other fics of mine. The third one should be a long vignette when I am done figuring out the particulars of the plot, and the last one is actually a cut scene from a Bones/Chapel fic I have been working on since I saw Star Trek for the first. :oops: It's based on the Firefly episode Mrs. Malcom Reynolds, and waaaaaaaay too much fun for words. [face_laugh]

Enjoy! [:D]

XIV. ?be you to me as the moon to the tide?

Balm

Leonard McCoy was a man who had seen many things and observed many people. In the medical field he had learned the language of the body and its silent phrases much the same as their pretty communication's gal could read those of the races they met.

Jim had tried hard in the beginning, he knew ? but no amount of sweet talk and fast lines could approach a girl who appreciated the nuances of silence and pauses. He tried to explain to Jim, on more than one occasion, that the girl was like a sonnet as compared to Jim's crescendo, but he wasn't quite sure how much had sank in. Still, a part of Jim's flirting had been innocent ? something that would be almost disappointed if she gave in, McCoy knew. Since then, he has watched their friendship grow, and he was almost proud of his friend for having a relationship with a girl that didn't include loving and leaving.

Now, after all hell had broken loose ? again - after one of Jim's crazy plans had gone wrong (or right, depending on how one looked at it), he watched with Jim as Uhura subtly and calmly asked Spock how he was holding up. One biobed over, the Vulcan allowed her 'fretting' with as much fondness as he was opt to show ? brows hardly lifted in amusement, and a soft press of his fingers against hers as he passed the only sign of affection that the two would indulge in; but he had eyes to see the depth of emotion that those small interactions portrayed.

Soft and subtle, he had told Jim, those years ago back at the Academy.

Jim was watching him watch the two with something kind of soft in his eyes. Shaking his head, the boy-Captain chuckled. ?You are an old softie, you know that, Bones??

McCoy snorted. ?I don't know what you are talking about.?

?As soft as ice-cream left out in the summer,? Jim drawled, completely ignoring him.

?Just appreciative,? McCoy muttered with a roll of his eyes, his eyes slipping from the whispering couple to concentrate on healing his friend.

Jim chuckled, lost to his humor to the point where he didn't even mind when the hypo broke his skin.

Returned

Akilah Uhura knew, in the way that Mothers knew, that something had gone terribly wrong.

That first night, she had been unable to sleep, and her tossing and turning had led to her husband's sharing her restless state. She had tried to make herself believe that everything was fine ? her daughter was a galaxy away from her, but she was in the most excellent of hands. This knowledge, while logical, was doing nothing to assuage the twisting at her heart as she curled in closer to her husband, hoping that his warmth would chase away the chill that had suddenly invaded her bones.

The next afternoon she receives a message from her daughter's mwungwana, giving her the worst possible news, and she could feel the whole of her daughter's absence like a sharp pain to her chest. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't speak; and left it to Moumbwa to get the whole of the story from Spock.

She hated this far off world with a passion that will never fully be seen in those moments; breathes the name of Serillious under her breath like a curse . . . Her brave girl, giving so much for a world that would never know the whole of her. A world that may not remember her name when she was done suffering for them.

The next days pass in a haze, a weight on her chest that coordinat/>
  7. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    1. Betrothed -- Haha! Fun!

2. Balm :) :) The title says it all *dreamy sigh*

3. Returned -- Sweet, sweet from Akilah's POV and you know she feels just that way! :) :D I too bless the day he and she found one another. I really can't wait to read the meeting of the two Uhuras. Oh, what I could do with that one as a leaping off point! [face_dancing]

4. Duality - glad Spock cottoned to the difference.

Miranda, I love your stuff like it's the air in my lungs -- but :eek: [face_thinking] -- too much like body snatchers -- ick! I didn't like it when Callista did it -- and it's really creeping me out ... :p

And I never took to Twilight -- so if it's a vampire thingy -- I may have to sit that viggie out. And you know I can't really keep myself from your stuff too easily. ;) @};-

[:D]

8. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Jade_eyes: Thank-you so much for the beautifully detailed thoughts! :D [face_love] ((I honestly have no idea where Duplicty would go - hense the poor thing standing as a ficlet. :p One this is for sure though - Twilight, or anything of the sort, will not be approached with a hundred foot stick. You need never worry. [face_laugh])

Notes: For this week, I am taking a page out of Brodiew's book, and I am writing total and complete AUs/crossovers for our favorite duo. [face_love] And they were a blast to do! :D(I. is Doctor Who, II. is Inception, III. is Pride and Prejudice, and IV. is Sherlock Holmes. [face_love])

Enjoy! [:D]

XV. ?these worlds, not my own?

your strange creatures for my own

Nyota Uhura was aware of something being wrong. Wrong in the deepest sense of the word ? like an itch traveling up and down her spine that she couldn't quite reach.

The sense of wrong corresponded with the work that her father had dedicated himself to for the last week. The scrolls unearthed from a dig in Kahara had been sent to Moumbwa Uhura by an old colleague, curious as to the alien script that inhabited the ancient pages. The translations had captured her father's interest like nothing she had seen before, and soon Nyota was assisting her father, putting two minds to where one was before. Eventually, when Akilah was able to draw Moumbwa away for a moment, Nyota continued to work, her eyes transfixed on the paper before her in a way that she could not explain. The words were archaic and deadly, and they glowed golden as she traced a fond and curious finger over their secrets, almost desperate to claim them for her own.

These were secrets that she suddenly understood as she breathed the alien tongue on her lips and from the glowing words, the author of their mysteries rose.

The translated words were incantations ? the spoken bonds of an ancient entity within the magic of the scroll's depths . . .

Nyota blinked, her heart beating a mile a minute as a golden woman with alien eyes appeared in her humble Nairobi home . . . The woman was angry and hurt, the words had bound her to her prison, and their incantation had freed her, and while Nyota had a way with words, strange glowing creatures were past her realm of expertise . . . Far past.

But not past the man who had suddenly appeared in her kitchen, fighting the creature back with dental floss, brass varnish, and a rather interesting little gizmo that glowed and sang on a higher pitch that she could hear. The frying pan had helped too ? but that had not been the strange man's (The Doctor, he had introduced himself) doing, so much as the feisty red head he was traveling with.

In the end, her questions and her amazement and her heart beating a mile a minute had been put aside in order to find a way to imprison the spirit once again. The answer lied in the riddles that needed to be translated . . . and helping her do so was another alien man with pointed ears and coldly harsh eyes who was also a new 'companion' of the Doctor's, traveling time and space in order to return the spirit back to her jailers.

As she worked with him, eyes slipping to his, and words mingling with his in wondrous alien tones, she caught sight of the Doctor out of the corner of her eyes, grinning like he had just unleashed something . . . classic.

your dream within my dream

She had always known that James T. Kirk was a man to tackle the most impossible of Extractions, but this one was pushing it.

?He's a Vulcan, Jim, a Vulcan,? came the snapped protest from Leonard McCoy ? a southern man who was one of the best Forgers in the business. And one of the most sharp tongued.

Which, of course, did nothing to pierce the air of impenetrability that Kirk always seemed to wear around him like a cloak. Jim smirked at his old friend's obvious discomfort. ?Does that scare you, Bones??

?It does,? the other man admitted, eyes hard like flint. ?And it damn well/>/>
  9. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    1. Doctor Who -- do you know how cool it would be to cross paths with them when they're already a couple like Amy and Rory? :D

2. Inception -- wow!! This fandom is just all shades of cool!!

3. Mira, you do not want to hear this! But I have to say it [face_laugh] -- this so needs to be turned into a full length AU epic complete with the marvy almost flirting and I'm not in love-ness -- yeahhhh right! [face_laugh]

Dream-y sigh!

4. Now this was just plain -- fascinating. [face_laugh]

=D=

:D

10. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Mira...

all I can say is wow.

You did the Firefly reference!!!! Now I just need to follow up with Bones and Jim's POV!

And then the last one...

I loved each and every one of them. I loved the Inception one... not only because you hit Audrey straight on, but because I could so see them doing that!

And then the Sherlock one... wow wow wow. I loved the fact that Nyota was the criminal!

*sigh* thank you for inspiring my muse yet again.

11. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Deb: [face_laugh] Oh, time will tell with the P&P one. I already have so many ideas going! 8-} I am glad you enjoyed these, though. They certainly were different. ;)

Master_Jay: I KNEW you'd like that. :p And I have the McCoy/Bones side of that almost completely written. It's a long little doosey. 8-} And writing Audrey there was a blast. :D I'll have to tackle that again. ;) As with criminal Nyota - I couldn't not think of her as Irene to Spock's Sherlock. There wasn't no way. [face_laugh]

As always, thanks for reading! [:D]

~MJ @};-
  12. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Author's Note: This one here was another exercise in style. :-B And I am really looking forward to getting feedback on it. ;) (Just, keep in mind that I am no linguist. Anyone who notices anything off, please feel free to tell me. ;) )

XVI. ?In this word, a world?

There is a world to be found in a word, and this is something Nyota Uhura knows better than most. One word alone held a hundred thousand meanings, and even more uses. These words together, in a whole, held an impact that could not be matched.

For, if one used that reasoning, language was the center point of communication; idea, triumph, and heartache. For a feeling could be felt before understanding came, but it was those feelings put into words that resulted in enlightenment and the first tentative steps of exploration. Through both, came understanding.

And Nyota Uhura has been nothing but exemplar when it came down to handling her words correctly.

She thinks of him as cool in those first few months; something smooth and intemperate that was all the calm eye in a swirl of storming forms and words around her. She likes the feel of the word cool on her tongue, likes how it reminds her of holding sweet ice on her tongue as a child and the sensation of water running down her skin in refreshing rivulets after summer days.

She'd like to drink him up and translate the deep spaces of him, cool expanses of black matter and star's cold fire mass to her mind's eye.

(Cool. a: marked by steady dispassionate calmness and self-control. b: lacking ardor or friendliness. c: of jazz: marked by restrained emotion and the frequent use of counterpoint d: free from tensions or violence. e: of a color : producing an impression of being cool; specifically: of a hue in the range violet through blue to green. f: of a musical tone: relatively lacking in timbre or resonance. g: slang for excellent; very excellent indeed.)

The word was derived from the Middle English word col, from Old English col; which was akin to Old High German kuoli cool, and Old English ceald cold. Cool like the bottom of a river bed in the summer, and the taste of crisp cider in the fall, and the pale wash of the color blue as it glazed over a melting winter sky.

Cool, like the sensation of skin under her fingertips and the slant of dark eyes across her own in a room full of souls.

Cool. Frigus. Koel. Villeä. Froid. Rece. Baridi.

She mumbles their translations under her breath in a chant, like a prayer before a Cathedral, words floating up high and higher still until she could take them back and keep them safely secret no more.

She whispers of symmetry to him in the years after that.

All was nothing if not two halves made whole, and he was an exception and a rule both to that thought. The concept of portions fitting together was not an old one ? artists used it to plan their great works, and musicians used the same principles when weaving together melody and note. Even the body was a perfect exercise in symmetry ? duality and coordination held together by silk and strength until it was a seamless canvas that sung with its perfect composition.

(Symmetry. a: balanced proportions; also : beauty of form arising from balanced proportions. b: the property of being symmetrical; especially: correspondence in size, shape, and relative position of parts on opposite sides of a dividing line or median plane or about a center or axis. c: a rigid motion of a geometric figure that determines a one-to-one mapping onto itself. d: the property of remaining invariant under certain changes (as of orientation in space, of the sign of the electric charge, of parity, or of the direction of time flow) ?used of physical phenomena and of equations describing them.)

The word was derived from the Latin symmetria; from Greek, symmetros[//>
  13. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Beautiful and poetic =D= =D= =D=

How beautiful the words are that define them and yet cannot come close to encapsulating their own miracle.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Sighs. Melts.

As in: WEIN. :* [:D]

14. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok... um....

I am a puddle of goo!

That was just beautiful! I loved this version too with the definitions. It flowed perfectly!

Oh I can't wait to read that Jim/Bones one!

15. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Yep, I know - it's been a while. [face_worried] I have lots of ideas, my muse has just been stubborn with the actual filling in of said ideas whenever I sit down to write. The cheeky thing. :p

Jade_eyes: Thanks! I was melting writing this - there were so many perfect words, but together the words work to encompass the whole of them. [face_love]

Master_jay: [face_laugh] I am glad that you enjoyed it! [:D]

~MJ @};-
  16. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Author's Note: I've had this one written for a week, at least. [face_blush] I knew what I wanted to do with it, but something still seemed off to me. I'm finally posting it so that my muse can let me move on to other things.

I do hope that you all enjoy it. [:D]

XVI. ?slip like water through fingers?

The first time Nyota Uhura meets the Woman, she was a first year student at the Academy.

There was a small cafe right off of campus where she often went to study. She liked to sit outside in the late afternoon, feeling the sea wind waft through her hair while she had black coffee spice and curl on her tongue. The cafe was the best she had found outside what she could make in her own kitchen, and the bustle of the regulars within was soothing; allowing her to loose herself to her work. Eventually, she had started coming there often enough to stop receiving glances when she practiced new languages under her tongue ? the owner had called her Thetia, or she of many names. And tongues.

It was when she was struggling through a rather difficult practice when she met Her.

The woman was older than her by perhaps ten years ? her hair short and gleaming as it curled and tucked in neatly around her head, and her skin the exact same shade of melted caramel chocolate as her own. She wore the telling uniform of an officer, and the uniform fit well over a body that was all soft curves and lithe suppleness. For a moment, Nyota let herself feel a spike of envy ? she herself was just starting to grow away from the tall and thin pole that her body had been for most of her life. And yet, it was the woman's eyes which caught her attention - underneath long lashes and the flash of bronze cosmetics, the other woman looked at her with her own eyes.

Her gaze was like looking in a mirror.

For Nyota, it was not the eyes that were the windows to the soul. It was the voice. And this woman spoke to her with a timbre and cadence that was all her own.

?You're practicing Jarnin?? the woman asked, stopping just before her table, but not sitting ? her gaze was tellingly intrigued, speaking of a curiosity too great to simply walk away from.

Nyota raised a brow, her fingers tracing over the words on the texts before her. ?Yes, I am,? she said, not hiding her surprise ? Jarnin was a dead language, and rarely studied had it not been for its uncanny similarity to High Vulcan and the third Romulan chord.

?It's wonderful to see someone else giving that language the attention it deserves. You speak it through your nose, though, dear,? the woman who looked like her said with a grin. ?It's a common problem, really ? I still find myself slipping into that habit sometimes.?

?You're a linguist?? Nyota asked, catching onto that part of the woman's words, and filing the constructive criticism away for later.

?Born and raised,? the woman said with a smile. ?I like coming here for the coffee ? it was a frequent stop for me back in my Academy days,? she waved a vague hand around the cafe, her gaze fond with remembrance.

Feeling a strange connection to the woman, Nyota opened her mouth to invite her to sit down ? when there was an entreaty of ?Lieutenant? from the entrance of the cafe. The woman looked up at that, a regal grace entering her being that spoke of a seasoned officer coming to attention.

?I don't want to keep you,? Nyota gestured, putting two and two together.

The not-her inclined her head. ?It was a pleasure meeting you . . .? her tone trailed off, looking for a name.

?Nyota,? she gave. ?Nyota Uhura.?

?Of course,? the woman whispered, her eyes incredibly fond. ?You take care now, you hear? Don't let those Jarnin verses give you too much trouble.?

?I won't,? her assurance sounded like a vow.

With a graceful dip, the older woman turned away, and was lost to the bright light and shadow that was the setting sun stark through the shoreline buildings.

When Nyota found saw her again through the crowd, a man was walking at her side - tall, his black coat telling over an almost/>
  17. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    That was as miraculous and beautiful as I knew it would be! WEIN.

I cannot precisely say what the tone was -- because I can't think of the word that applies -- but it's tender and warm and I love the different Nyotas meeting through the various stages.

And your physical description of Nyota's loveliness -- delicious -- like melted caramel chocolate.

Oh how -- tasty and lickable. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Yes, Miranda, I wrote that!!!!!

[face_dancing]

[face_dancing] I love the joy and love that permeates our Nyota's emotions and her certainty that Spock is her destiny and forever love.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!

And I have a strong feeling that she set something in motion for the other Nyota who isn't slow on any uptake and took the hint. :D :D :D

Yup, on a scale of 1-10, this rates at least a 50! LOL

Huggles!!!!!

P.S. Don't ever feel like you have to sit on anything -- it's always gonna be perfectamundo.

[face_love]

18. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    There were so many things to like about this one...

I loved the different meetings with the different Nyotas.

So wonderful. I was hoping we would get one of these soon.

It held a different tone but a very enjoyable tone.

Can you tell I loved it!?!?
  19. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Deb: Oh, I am sure hoping that all of that changed the TOS course of history as well. [face_love] You never know. :p As always, thanks for the support - it's half of what makes these such a blast to write. :D [:D]

Master_Jay: I can certainly tell that you loved it. [face_laugh] Thank-you, as always! [:D]

Alrighty, more in a few. :D [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-
  20. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    XVII. ?for a holy palmer's kiss?

Starfleet Academy, Earth
    Stardate: 2257.359

Nyota Uhura shared only one class with her roommate ? a required course for all Cadets on the basics of interspecies ethics and communications, taught by Commander Kilw. This, depending on the week, was either a very long hour, or a very short one ? depending on what subject Gaila was determined to rattle away on. Surprisingly, the Orion woman was a very shrewd student ? majoring in Computer Technology, and minoring in Starship Engineering ? two subjects which frankly made Nyota's eyes cross over whenever she tried to have Gaila explain such things to her. In many ways, her roommate was a prodigy ? the only Orion, and a woman at that, in the Academy for their four year term.

And so, Gaila considered this course beneath her warrant for full attention, and very much the perfect opportunity to catch up with her roommate on anything and everything. Right now, Nyota was being rewarded with the shape and colour of every single pair of shoes that Gaila had noticed the night before at the . . . establishment, that she and a few other of her more edgy friends liked to frequent. Nyota, herself didn't know that Ki'ki scales could come in so many fluorescent colours ? nor did she want to; and really, she was quite interested in Kilw's lecture of how one never shook hands with this species, but rather clicked at this other one, and greeted by hopping in certain patterns to another.

Her mind, considerably, was paining her while trying to listen to both.

Thankfully, Gaila's rambling, and the Professor's lectureing were brought silent at exactly the same time. And by exactly the same thing.

Nyota felt a feeling that she had defined as 'something wicked this way comes' creep up on her ? and she had learned to trust that feeling.

The feeling intensified when Gaila elbowed her to get her attention. Hard.

?Ny," she hissed, her voice almost giddy. ?It's your Professor.?

Blinking her confusion, Nyota gave into her curiosity and looked over to the enterence of the lecture hall. And well, there was Commander Spock, speaking with Professor Kilw.

?He's not my professor,? Nyota felt the need to emphasize. Things like that were good to emphasize.

Gaila tossed her head, her bound curls bouncing as if they longed to do so freely, ?As you have said, repeatedly.?

Commander Kilw saluted loosely to the other Professor, which Spock returned. Nyota was too far to hear what they were saying, but from the shape of their lips, and the vague thoughts she was receiving from Spock, the other man had been called upon for his assistance with some technical difficulties ? something to do with a glitch in servers that wouldn't run a lingual simulation that Kilw had planed for his next class.

When Kilw finished explaining the situation, Spock nodded sharply, and knelt down besides the main computer console. It was quick work for him to undo the paneling that protected the hard wiring of the system, and a moment later he was completely absorbed in his task.

?Oh, if only he could be everyone's professor,? Gaila sighed, her voice sultry and wistfully appreciative as she watched the way that his instructor's uniform most admirably emphasized the play of lean strength on his body as he slid under the console.

Nyota didn't bother narrowing her eyes, sure that that was exactly what her roommate wanted. And it wasn't as if she didn't understand her appreciation. She just wasn't going to say so. Aloud.

At the particular vein of her thoughts, Spock's glance brushed across hers briefly. She felt a flash of absent amusement from him ? bafflement, even, at her very human tendency of distraction. Apparently, it wasn't just a human thought, she reflected when, next to her, Gaila let loose another exaggerated sigh. ?Like chocolate poured over marble.?

Nyota pointedly ignored her friend, and turned back to her work. If her eyes were to wander a dozen or so times for the remaining duration of the class, that was simply unavoidable
  21. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    woot! Loved Gaila's machinations with her fine self and her Shakespearean quotes and the soul-searing eye contact, and the chocolate poured over marble.

Yessiree bob, tom, dick, harry, and timothy too!

Lips indeed from head to toe, slowly, very slowly.

Sighs.

That nice tight butt!

Those honeyed tones.

Rap-tures!!!

Woohoo!!!!!!!!

I won't make the comment I'm thinking. Not. Out. Loud.

I'll send it via PM.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

OUT. Loud.

Ahem. You wreak havoc with my typing skills. [face_laugh]

[face_love]

22. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Jade: I take it you liked that one, then. ;) [face_laugh] And as for your thoughts - [face_whistling] =P~ ;)

XVIII. ?the very sound of you?

Shi'khar, Vulcan
    Stardate 2257.84

There are thirty-four steps, and a turn of a step more, from the entrance to his quarters to the window and the balcony beyond. From the balcony to the small fresher, there are twenty-one. He counts these steps - one two three four - numerous times, the dull drone of the numbers in his ears keeping at bay the sigh waiting on his lips.

On the opposite side of his quarters, a number of steps away which he has yet to trek, was the comm unit, waiting patiently ? innocently, as only such a dormant piece of machinery truly could do.

He stopped his tallying (for he refused to use the very human term of 'pacing') in order to level the unit with a very hard sort of look. A carefully blank look, one in which he fought the irrational urge to glare.

The comm unit stared back.

Under his skin, his blood itched along, aiding his discomfort.

He let his thoughts swirl, meeting in mad tangles of color and figure until they smoothed again, daring him with thoughts and ideas. He picked out a strand of them ? a whisper of an inclination which he had visited over and over during the course of the evening hours.

He turned, just slightly, and started to count.

One, two, three, four ? eighteen in total. Another for a short stop, and two more for a turn back and then forth on his original course. Such second guessing was illogical, but away from other eyes and under the heavy whisperings of his humanity, he found it hard to worry at so.

The unit was just a step closer; cool under his fingers when he touched the surface.

He rested his hand there for a moment, considering.

His fingers moved without his telling them to, the numbers they typed were instinctive, routine. Familiar. He hears them rattling in his head like memory even as he brushes them into one anew.

He tilted his head, and counted.

Here on Vulcan, it was evening. The peaks were red with angry flame in the distance, and above the horizon, a faint spattering of stars poised ready to lighten the heat of the day with the gentle breath of the eve. On Earth, a distance of stars away, she would just be rising.

In his mind, he could see the thick Nairobi sun, yellow and clear as it streamed through the windows and lite her world with a harsh edge. He could smell both the spices from the evening's meal before, and the sharp tang of her coffee on the morning air. In theory, that was. His imaginings lacked the tangibility of accurate sensory information, but from her stories he could image quite well. Which was, of itself, illogical.

He frowned, the barest of facial expressions. And yet, before he could reconsider his actions, he heard her voice.

?Commander??

A tightness in his chest loosened, just slightly.

He took a deep breath before admitting what every fiber of his mind new. He had simply wished to speak to her.

It was not a sigh that passed his lips, merely a exultation of air in time to the oddly pleased feeling that was rising in his chest.

?Lieutenant, I hope I find you well,? he uttered the 'small talk' smoothly, and without hitch. He spared a moment of concern as he wondered whether or not his contacting her would be welcome ? knowing as he knew that many cadets looked forward to the spring's reprieve from their studies to enjoy the companies of their families. It was what found him visiting Vulcan from Earth, the same as her.

?As well as ever,? was her fond voice replying, smoothing over his worries - tired but alert, matching eyes that would be sparkling with the morning. ?How is your visit home??

?Productive,? his answer was clip and instinctive. He fought the urge to tap his fingers, and his tongue felt heavy in his mouth as he held back the words that he would have liked to say. Many words, more than he'd like to utter or receive without purpose or point.

His words do not alw/>
  23. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Sighs.

melts.

And evaporates.

Oh that was lovely!

Lovely!

i can so see L/M doing this -- calling each other -- nope, not in love with you, you don't fill my thoughts, my dreams, not a bit of it!

[face_laugh]

[face_dancing]

And I can so see L/M doing this when she's a student and he the -- Master [face_laugh] and oh, the things they want to say to each other.

:D

The thoughts he has of her -- I just want to -- eat him up -- but then WEIN. [face_love]

I needed this like sushi so thanks.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Jade
  24. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ohhh my....

this were exquisite. I could totally see both happening with these two.

You could imagine Spock's internal thoughts at calling Nyota, knowing she must be happier with her family. And the comfort she brings him.

Have I mentioned I blame you for my absolute love for these two?

25. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Blinks at date in title bar -- seems longer. [face_laugh] [face_love] :* [face_love]

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.