main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] An Eventful Journey. (Complete, Aug 7!!)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Excellent story =D=

The Kirk/McCoy banter - [face_laugh] priceless

The Sarek/Spock convo - wonderful @};-

Papa Sarek [face_laugh] Love that!

~*~

She winks and whispers. "You for dessert is what I'm looking forward to."

=P~

You know, with all these mentions of food, I'm really getting hungry.

It is a lovely mini-but-to-scale sculpture of the Vulcan Goddess of Wisdom and Love. Where passion melded with Wisdom... Nyota is completely touched.

A beautiful and meaningful gift. :)

"My choice of you has its own particular form of rationality to it. You know all you are to me... half of my soul."

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Wonderful!

[:D]

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Excellent, what can I add more to Hazel's words. A perfect rewrite of Babel.=D=

3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Really great banter between the crew and a perfect ending. [:D]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It sure was a treat to read the rest of this story in one gulp, though, lemme tell you. This story truly was a joy to read, and I enjoyed every word if it. [face_love]=D=

Now, some specific words I enjoyed: ;)

Spock ponders: "I wonder why I didn't figure it out earlier."

Nyota asks softly: ?Could it be you had something on your mind??

Spock replies thoughtfully: ?It doesn't seem likely.?

Nothing at all. [face_laugh]o_O

?Indeed . . . why ever did you decide to marry her?? Sarek rejoins.

Spock replies: ?It seemed . . . logical, at the time.?

It made my chest tighten to read this line inverted - but while I am sad to not have Amanda here to enjoy this moment, it is so very endearing with our pair. [face_love] Just lovely. =D=

Meanwhile, Sarek reflects that he also found Amanda to be so, and that it had been quite ... diverting and exhilarating.

And the heavy feeling continued here. But so beautifully done. [face_love]

Kirk laughs: "Be careful, Bones, your horns are showing!"

McCoy warns with a twinkle: "Cooperate, and you'll be out in two."

Kirk hurriedly backpedals: "An angel, bones ? an angel..."

[face_laugh]!!! Bromance, for the win. :D

Spock tests the waters: "I think I'll return to my station."

McCoy doesn't go for it and says: "You are at your station!!"

[face_laugh]!!

"The bond between you is more pervasive than when last I saw you, and there is a stronger entwinement. This experience must be quite fulfilling to you both; yet, I would personally recommend a full joining for the sakes of both of your mental wellness. Although my health has been stabilized, it could change unexpectedly. New Vulcan would need keen minds such as yours to guide its future."

Daddy is all-wise. [face_love] Perfect words of wisdom to pass on. :)

"We would be pleased to help in whatever capacity that is needed, as we hope to undertake a diplomatic path. However, I must confess that I am surprised and disappointed that you didn't tell me of your illness before it became critical."

I love seeing Spock and Sarek so close in this - the 'not-concern' here was touching. [face_love]

Sarek does not deny this but simply avows: "We are exploring a friendship only, at this point."

Spock's tone is definitely amused as he thoughtfully responds: "I believe I made that exact assertion during my first acquaintanceship with Nyota."

"And we all know how that turned out." Nyota beams proudly, coming over to join them, and twining hands with her betrothed.

[face_laugh][face_love]

How utterly endearing! :D

It is a lovely mini-but-to-scale sculpture of the Vulcan Goddess of Wisdom and Love. Where passion melded with Wisdom... Nyota is completely touched.

How perfect. :)

Then, their loving caresses and ardent kisses make them the last to return from leave.

No one is surprised in the slightest, and her lady friends smile knowingly.

I bet they do! [face_laugh][face_love]

A wonderful, wonderful fic here, Deb! Thank-you for sharing it with us. [:D]

~MJ @};-

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet comments. :* !!

Mira, it is a blast to read yummy stuff without a pause ;) between updates. :)

Your superb and detailed review is exquisitely thrilling for me. @};- [:D] You hit all my fave bits to write.

This has been one of my favest fics to write to date, until the next project joins the top list as well. Such a great blend of action, humor, bromance, family & couple mush! :) !!

To love as utterly and unabashedly... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] !!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.