Story [Star Trek 2009] "as silent stars pay witness", UDC5 - COMPLETE on 9/29/10!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    I love Bones and Uhura and Spock in the new Trek. And Kirk[face_laugh] that many girls?

Nice sets.
  2. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    RE: Week 3

Great grab bag set, Mira. You can probably guess my favorites? No? Prisoners and Peacekeepers.

Bother were funny, but Prisoners takes the cake. Each of them can repeat their words as many times as they want, but it won't help the situation.

And in Peacekeeper, Kirk, not necessarily the best diplomat, stirs the pot rather than give the bickering officers some well deserved solice. :p
  3. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    NYCityGurl: Will you believe that coming up with 99 names was harder than just writing a plain old drabble? My mind went completely blank, and I finally resorted to a random name generator on a baby name site. :oops:

Jade_eyes: lol!! How did I know that you'd enjoy those. ;)

Maggy: Thanks a million for the breakdown - I really appreciated that! And as for her still being there . . . bah! Bunny, get back! ;) [face_laugh]

earlybird: It may have been a little bit of crack on my part, but with Kirk, you never know. [face_mischief] Thank-you so very much for stopping by and leaving your thoughts! [:D]

brodiew: Oh yes, you were definitely in mind when those were penned! ;) I am stoked that you enjoyed them. [:D]

Alrighty, more in just a few. ;)

~MJ @};-
  4. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Mags and Mira -- I know that after the evening Ceillean described in her nummy vig, I'd have to call in sick the next day -- ahem *coughs* -- Have to stay in late -- very, very late -- oops! LOL Who blames her for losing track of time? SQUEEEEEEEEE!
  5. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Jade_eyes: lol!!!! I have a sketch of the scene going on, I'll have to flesh it out and send it to you. [face_whistling] [face_love] ;)

And then for this week, I look at everyone's favorite doc's family. I used the Memory Alpha for my timelines, but the rest is purely fanon. I hope you enjoy. [face_love]

Week Five: ?once was, your footsteps were mine?

021. Super

They are two years into their second tour of duty with the Enterprise when McCoy received an invitation to a celebration of his daughter's graduation from highschool.

Jim tapped the holocard with a thoughtful look, ?I think you should go,? he said softly. Past the calm tone of voice, there was that edge that spoke of a borderline consideration of official orders and things of the like. He was quite familiar with that tone.

McCoy made a face. ?Oh great, you think it'd be good for me to go.? Under his breath he mumbled, ?Super? sarcastically as he flung to the card to his desk.

022. Bat

Jocelyn Monroe swooped into his life year one of medschool - stumbling into class late like a (uncommonly attractive) bat out of (an unusually generous) hell; cursing all the while. She had been quick wit and spitfire eyes and a scarlet mouth smoother than whiskey ? and it had taken no time for him to offer his heart before she was hell-bent on scratching it out. (In the end, he thinks he may have assisted her ? but that was young love for you.)

Scowling, he turned his rebellious thoughts back to the place where all memories of his ex-wife belonged: straight next to those of his mother-in-law.

023. Wonder

Joanna had come (as quite the surprise) not even a year into their marriage. And tossing an internship at Hawkins General with a moody Jocelyn (midnight craving runs coupled next to a twenty-four hour on-call) had been completely worth it when another Doctor (whom he may or may not have given complete hell) placed the squirming, pink baby girl with her mother's eyes in his arms.

It's still a memory that aids many a late hour when his stash of spirits didn't completely do the trick. It's a memory that has him retracing his steps home, all these years later.

024. Hawk

Jocelyn watches him like a hawk from the moment that he entered the door. Her new ring (from a good man, all around) sparkled pointedly as she hissed in his ear to damn it, Leonard ? but be nice!

But he has no time to harass Ted (Tom was it? Or was it Bill?) ? when he saw Joanna. His baby girl ? eighteen; the world at her feet, and a smile to counter the smirk in her eyes. ?I've missed you, daddy,? she whispered in that drawling Scarlet voice that letters and comm calls just didn't do justice; and he closed his eyes tight as he hugged her back.

025. Lantern

Joanna McCoy had always envied her father. When she was little, she had hated him a little ? sure, she didn't begrudge him taking off for the stars, but why couldn't he take her with him? Her mother was a harsh woman, but she was, above else, a good woman who was pushing her down the path of the physician (mother; step-father; father; grandfather . . . she was merely the last in the long line of McCoys taking the Hippocratic oath.)

But still . . .

Eyes aglow, she tapped a hard copy for a future consideration in Starfleet, even as she filled out her application for the medical courses at the University of Mississippi.

The Bat drabble was completely inspired by Girlmore Girls fanfiction - a million to whoever first uttered that line. [face_laugh]

~MJ @};-/>/>
  6. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Very very nice!!!
    I was tickled by Jocelyn being a total (w)itch [face_laugh] And Joanna sounds a sweetie complete with that cutesie southern accent. I had a friend in college from east Texas who had that drawl wired -- it's really adorable but if you try to fake it, it's icky!!! LOL

~~~

I can picture you writing a full length ST novel you know? Complete with the banter, the drama, the awesome planets they stop at -- so lovely and intriguing LOL

And the OFF THE CHAIN BITE ME BEFORE I MELT MELT MELT MUSH!!!

Squggles!!!!

ETA: Now that I've had a sneak peeky, the defense does rest. :* LOL

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Oh melt!

7. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    ?Gentleman,? he finally broke into the argument, his tone chastising . . . even as his mind baffled over the fates that would have him playing peacekeeper between these two.

?Seriously, who's the mature one here?? he questioned out loud.

Was right here that I broke down into giggles. [face_laugh]

Longer review coming. :)

8. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I love seeing Jocelyn!! I've never read her in a fic before. And I'm glad she's still a daddy's girl :)

I think we need some Gilmore Girls fanfic around here :D
  9. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Jade_eyes: lol!!! [face_laugh] Have I mentioned that shipping with you has been a true joy? ;) Your sneaky peak will be up in a moment . . . [face_whistling]

DaenaBenjen42: Bah, you can lurk and nod and smile, and I will still enjoy it. :D I am stoked that you are liking what you are reading - you are one of the truly excellent drabblers, so that makes my day. [:D]

Nat: lol!! You know, I have a few not on this site. I should move them over . . . [face_thinking] :D

~MJ @};-
  10. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    I took these from UDC 1, Week 18, and they are of a decidedly mushy nature . . . you can guess who. :p [face_whistling]

Week Six: ?ignite us two like stars above?

026. eyes

You think that the first thing you noticed about him were his eyes.

The rest of him was harsh ? hard lines of his body held straight and unyielding; pointed ears, and slanted brows, and thin lips in a carefully neutral line. While his voice was something particularly exquisite, it was also clinical; calculated. His eyes were never cold ? they were human, yet alien; serene and so darkly beautiful.

He stares; you know. The first time you call him out on it, he does not look away. Instead he inclined his head, his eyes burning paths over your skin that felt like caresses.

027. nose

He rises earlier than you.

When he does, you roll to his side of the bed, inhaling the scent of cedarwood and sun warmed stone on his pillow. Underneath there was a spice you couldn't identify ? something simply Spock to your senses. The scent is intoxicating; soothing as you closed your eyes to the sound of him moving in the distance. The smell of coffee fills the air (for you) next to the cool scent of tea (for him). The incense and the candles from his morning meditations are alien aromas; things that are so incredibly him that you feel your lips smile drowsily.

These are your mornings; and a part of you defines them as peace.

028. ears

There were times when you watched the sunset from the seashore, far away from prying eyes and wagging tongues. The dying rays would turn the white sands shades of flame and gold; and the water patterns of copper and indigo. You would lean back against his chest as he twined a hand through the loose strands of your hair, and watch the sun dip beneath the horizon.

Sometimes, absently, he would mumble under his breath.

?Sish'kary, vi s'tin de masni . . .? Andorian. ?Amikki no linkin kon vin,? Hishari. ?Wewe ni kumwabudu na mimi,? her native tongue. ?Nash-veh ashaya eh aitlun tu,? his.

Adoration to her ears; all.

029. Throat

Burning lips trail from your mouth to your neck, pressing against flushed skin. You shudder under the butterfly kisses, and for a moment you feel the words that always resonated in your mind bubble languorously in your throat, coaxed by the lips that made reverent patterns there. When you were unable to utter them they escape from the tips of your fingers as they threaded through his hair, anchoring him to you.

Words that mean nothing slip past your lips; mumblings in a dozen different languages that all sound like devotion on your tongue.

And for a moment, you feel . . .

030. Skin

. . . bliss. You respond in kind, letting your delicate hands fall from his hair to trace the strong line of his jaw; the point of his ear. It is a sensitive spot for him; one that you know well as heat flooded his skin, flushing the tips a pale green. You smiled as his lips turned to yours in answer, and after that it was he who swallowed your moan as his. At your side, his heart beat a cadence that was echoed by the pulse in your wrists, by the bond in your mind.

?Ashal'veh,? was the whispered endearment against your lips.

And you returned it in kind.

~MJ @};-/>
  11. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    EDIT: Double post . . . [face_blush]
  12. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Oh, yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. YUM YUM YUM YUM!

Have I ever loved a pairing this much?

Will I ever again?

N.O.T. spells not!!!
    SQUG.GLES!

This was the best week yet. It really will be hard to top this.

I love them.

I really really really really REALLY do!!
    [face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

13. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    the last set is sooo sweet ... :D [face_love]
  14. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    lovely sets again showing us the characters and their habits.=D==D=
  15. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    These are great!! I love the second person :)
  16. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Jade_eyes: Those were totally written with you in mind - an appology for my wonky updating. lol! ;) [:D]

Maggy: Thanks!! :D

earlybird: Thanks so much for the kind words!! [:D]

Nat: There is nothing funner than second person! I am glad that you enjoyed them!! :D

~MJ @};-
  17. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    For all those who recognize it, Chef is a recycling (almost) of one of my Star Wars drabbles. A gross sin? Yes. A last resort? You betcha. [face_laugh]

Man, but this week kicked my butt . . . ;)

Week Seven: ?I'd Call You Stubborn, But it's a Family Trait?

031. Iron

He returns home with purpose in his stride; peace in his mind.

Amanda rises from the table upon seeing him, brows raised but questions silent on her tongue. He is thankful for that. Behind him he can feel his father's disapproval like a tangible thing against his mind ? like a storm; all thunder and rain. Yet, Sarek says nothing. His disapproval has been voiced, and his opinions are set in iron and stone.

Spock doesn't bother to challenge them. He simply hits the submit button on his application, and lifts his head proudly with everything human inside of him.

032. Challenge

Amanda calls him once a week, normally on Wednesday, in the morning, after Sarek would have left for the Embassy. They are pleasant conversations; anecdotes from his studies, and questions as to her health. Amanda had not spent years as an Ambassador's wife for naught - she knew when to hold her peace, and when to subtly prod.

?Have you spoken with your father recently?? subtle; hopeful.

?No.? Pointed; ending.

Amanda says nothing, but her eyes speak volumes enough. He hears 'stubborn Vulcan men' when she ends the contact, and for all the world, she made it sound like a curse.

032. Stadium

He had declined coming home for Earth's winter solstice. Instead, his parents visit him.

Amanda prattled on amicably the whole time through, her tone perfectly poised and graceful, even as she cast vicious glances to her husband before equally disappointed ones at her son.

Eventually, Amanda let the conversation go to a dead halt. With a resigned sigh and glance at his wife, Sarek then inquired after his studies; his tone perfectly Vulcan. The air was silent for a moment after ? reminding Spock of contestants showing down in a gladiator's ring.

He let the silent hold. ?Perfectly acceptable,? is his equally Vulcan reply.

033. Chairman

He retreats to the Transporter room after handing over his captaincy, and braces himself when he feels his father's footsteps follow behind him. After all, Amanda had always played chairman and interpreter between them, and now . . . Now he just waited to feel Sarek's familiar cool disappointment and anger. After all, the way he had just acted was nothing short of disgraceful.

He feels eleven after fighting Sto'ik all over again . . .

Instead, he feels only regret coming from Sarek . . . regret and pain.

This time, he does not need Amanda to let his father know his feelings. And this time, Sarek is completely honest with his son.

034. Chef

He visits his father's temporary quarters on Earth the day after they return. Sarek was in the kitchen; a recipe on the PADD next to him, and the strong lines of his body stiff as he stared unseeing at the card.

Over the years Amanda had come to enjoy as many 'bland Vulcan dishes' as her husband had accustomed himself to 'overindulgent human cuisine'. Sarek stood with one of Amanda's recipes out next to him now . . . There was grief in the silence there, an overwhelming grief to one looking properly.

Spock hesitated, and then walked into the kitchen to wordlessly start retrieving the necessary ingredients.

~MJ @};-

/>
  18. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Iron ? great description of stubbornness - on both sides ;)

Challenge ? it definitely was that. Poor Amanda ? caught in the middle. [face_thinking] :p

Stadium ? great comparison to the contest of wills. Bravo!! =D=

Chairman ? she certainly was that and great choice for the precise moment to showcase. :)

Chef ? very moving ? beautiful. I?m going to feature this in a love letter oh yess!!

[face_dancing]

19. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    I am slowly getting back into the swing of things... Stress. Bad.

Over the years Amanda had come to enjoy as many 'bland Vulcan dishes' as her husband had accustomed himself to 'overindulgent human cuisine'. Sarek stood with one of Amanda's recipes out next to him now . . . There was grief in the silence there, an overwhelming grief to one looking properly.

Oddly, this made me think of Neelix. (And Sarek... [:D] )
  20. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Jade_eyes: Oh yay!! I love furthering your letters along! It's crazy how many larger bunnies we are getting out of drabbles, isn't it? [face_laugh]

Daena: Stress . . . Bad . . . two things I completely understand!! Take care of you - these will always be here for you to enjoy. [:D] :D

Next week up in a few! :D

~MJ @};-
  21. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    I have no idea how I was able to stumble through this week, no idea . . . ;)

Week Eight: ?held together with nothing more than superglue and sheer determination?

035. Ducks

?Kirk, this bite mark doesn't match anything I've ever seen before. What attacked you again??

?Well . . . um, it was alien. Definitely alien. It had white wings ? razor sharp wings that flapped like the Devil. He had sharp orange talons for feet, and small beady eyes . . . No intelligent language . . . it squawked.?

?And??

? . . . a beak. He had a beak.?

McCoy put the chart down slowly, and glared at Kirk over steepled fingers. ?Kirk . . .? he said with a patience he didn't feel. ?Are you telling me you were attacked by a swan??

?A duck,? Kirk protested, folding his hands over his chest. ?And he was evil incarnate.?

036. Money

If Christine Chapel had a dime for every time she bandaged the results of heroic-edge-of-your-seat-theatrics, plans-gone-wrong, or just plan hardheadedness, she'd be a rich woman.

?So, is there any chance this will scar?? Sulu asked her proudly. He had a bigger gash than Kirk, who was pouting childishly. A rather bad skydiving race for the ground (for old times sake) had gone wrong, and she was stuck dealing with them after McCoy flat out refused to 'patch up yet another bruise Kirk deserved to feel.'

When Sulu reached over to pat Kirk condescendingly on the shoulder, she shook her head.

037.Uncle

The next time Kirk and the pilot tried racing (Kirk was bragging about his skills with a hoverbike, and Sulu just had to prove him wrong) she ended up helping McCoy set something a little more than a scratched arm.

?Uncle, uncle,? Kirk moaned pitifully as McCoy pulled the wrap just tighter than was needed. ?There's no need to pull so hard.?

Christine grinned at him from where she was holding McCoy's medical bag. ?I thought you liked it rough, sweetie-pie,? she cooed.

McCoy smirked evilly. ?Sweetie-pie,? he mocked in a sugary voice.

Jim glared at them both. ?Mutineers, the lot of you.?

038. Gizmo

When Kirk came in, covered in crimson, with one arm looped over Spock's shoulders, another over Scotty's for support, she buried her fear to slip into action.

?Good God, kid, what happened this time?!?

?There was a gizmo,? Kirk explained. ?Going to destroy the planet. Big boom. Had to be stopped.?

Christine frowned, confused.

?Pain killers,? McCoy rolled his eyes.

Spock elaborated. ?The Irarchion astrophysicist Asfordous Vismalis built a machine to generate a planetwide series of tectonic disturbances that would have altered the planet's core structure; thus disturbing its orbit and killing off all life.?

Kirk blinked. ?See? A gizmo.?

039. Tales

? . . . and then your parents and I brought the Proctor before the people to stand trial. The planet is doing wonderful now ? you should get your folks to take you.?

Kirk looked down to see two children staring up at him - James (his namesake), and his sister, Kashori, who was giving him a look that was all her mothers. ?That's completely illogical,? he was informed.

He fought the urge to do stick his tongue out at them. ?Days saved rarely work out in a 'logical' way.?

?Then . . . all of that really happened??

Kirk sat back, and grinned. ?Yeah, kid. That really happened.?

~MJ @};-/>
  22. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Fun update!!!!

Yes indeed!

Sweetie pie huh? LOL

Loved the glimpse at a future generation! [face_love]
  23. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    lovely and sad ... and good to see father and son reunited without someone have to stay between them
  24. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    You say stumble. I say I'm glad you didn't fall because these were fun. Uncle and Money were my favorites. Bones and Kirk rock! Add some Sulu and Chapel and I'm eating out of your hand. ;-)

?So, is there any chance this will scar?? Sulu asked her proudly. He had a bigger gash than Kirk, who was pouting childishly. A rather bad skydiving race for the ground (for old times sake) had gone wrong, and she was stuck dealing with them after McCoy flat out refused to 'patch up yet another bruise Kirk deserved to feel.'

This was great. I love the old time sake as well as Bones' comment on deserved suffering. :p

Gizmo and Duck were cute as well. frat boy Kirk can be fun, whne not completely infuriating. [face_laugh]

I was a little confused by Tales...but I get that way sometimes.
  25. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    [face_laugh] I love the Kirk-Sulu-McCoy-Christine humor :D
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.