main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] "as silent stars pay witness", UDC5 - COMPLETE on 9/29/10!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes: Oh, Spock can be Exhibit A, B, C, D, and E in that case. :p[face_laugh]

Master_Jaina: Oh yes, the muse is a fickle thing - she demands to be referenced to, or else universe shattering cataclysmic events could ensue. I am glad that you are enjoying these! [:D]

Nienna: Oh, thanks!! For me Spock and Nyota just click, so it is a blast writing for and about them. [face_love] And McCoy and Spock - I think that most of the reasons they clash are because of their differences - being two sides of the same coin and all. [face_mischief] That's what makes them so much fun to write! [face_dancing]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

2. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Author's Note: This set deals with a near and dear subject to me, but I fear that they didn't come out just how I'd like them. [face_worried] I think they'll grow on me though. :)

To help clarify, as well, James Grayson is Spock and Uhura's son from my "Breathe Life" story. Named thus so for Kirk's roll in delivering him. [face_laugh] ;)

[b][u]Week Thirteen[/b]: [i]?after a dream, the morning beckons?[/i][/u]

[b]061. Enterprise[/b]

At the end of their first five year mission, Nyota and Spock made plans to relocate to New Vulcan, rather than accept another tour of duty. The fledgling planet was still suffering, and in need of sharp minds like Spock ? a son of one of their oldest noble clans, and a decorated officer - a diplomat in the making for future years.

As for Nyota, a permanent location meant the prospect of marriage and a family . . . She wanted to set down roots ? roots were a hard thing to set down when there was nothing underneath space save for the stars.

[b]062. Galaxy[/b]

When his First Officer told him the news, Kirk stared at him for a full ten seconds without speaking. His mind was swirling in circles, confusion and regret and [i]this-is-not-how-it-went-before[/i] eating at his brain until all he could say was: ?There's a whole galaxy to see out there,? Kirk pointed out. ?Why give that up??

Spock's expression softened ? a well's worth of emotion for one who knew how to look. ?And yet I have a world to discover in her, Jim.? The statement was illogical, sentimental . . . and human. And yet, in many ways, he often was so around her.

[b]063. Federation[/b]

James T. Kirk had given up so much for the dream of the Federation, and almost always, he had no regret. And yet . . . he would get older. At his side, who would be there? Christine Chapel had long been planetside as a full MD, and he had not followed her . . . there were a score of others like her as well. McCoy had a daughter already engaged, and he'd retire to a white picket fence and grandchildren. Sulu had a woman waiting for him off-ship. Chekov too . . .

And him? He had friends and a legend.

It would have to be enough.

[b]064. Next[/b]

Nyota returned from seeing Sahok, the longtime medic of the S'chn T'gai clan in the evening, right after Spock would have returned from the Embassy.

Nyota pressed a hand against the still flat press of her stomach as she walked through the halls of her home up to her chambers. Her eyes were bright in the dying light of New Vulcan's red sun as she stepped out onto the balcony. Her husband was already leaning against the railing, his ears turned to the sounds of the rains approaching in the distance.

?Spock,? she whispered, her voice awed. ?I have something to tell you.?

[b]065. Generation[/b]

James Grayson tapped his stylus against the PADD in his hand, the history lesson doing absolutely nothing to retain his interest.

He thought that he knew the first voyages of the starship [i]Enterprise[/i] like he knew his own name . . . but already his Uncle's version on the Battle of Candine and the textbooks didn't match up. Not one bit. (In Kirk's version, there were more things exploding, and a him [i]romancing[/i] the daughter of Candine rather than him being completely [i]duped[/i] by her . . .)

Narrowing his eyes in a look that was all his mother's he delved into his history book with a renewed vigor.

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Enterprise -- great insight into the choice for that particular homebase. :D

Galaxy -- can I melt now? Yeah right like I'm not melted 24/7. [face_laugh] [face_love]

Next -- ok, consider me evaporated. I'm used to that state of existence by now also. [face_dancing]

Huggles!!!!!

4. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Mira_Jade:

wow what a wonderful set. I think I read Breath Life and I loved it! anyways here are my more articulate thoughts

Enterprise:I loved how heartfelt yet sad it was. Happy for Spock/Nyota and yet sad at the same time.

Galaxy: Awww...Spock. That is all

Federation: I expected Kirk's reaction to be like that. Again a little sad but in essence that is what Jim Kirk is all about.

Next: yeah a child for two of the greatest people ever.

Generation: Hahah of course Jim would over exaggerate and not tell the entire story..

You know I just out of panels with Troy Denning, Christie Golden and Aaron Alston. And they gave me renewed inspiration for writing. So i am off to go do that...if I can keep my eyes open.

Again great set, love it. You really inspire my love for Star Trek with these.

5. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Enterprise - The fledgling planet was still suffering, and in need of sharp minds like Spock ? a son of one of their oldest noble clans, and a decorated officer - a diplomat in the making for future years.
    How am I supposed to read this and *not* dissolve into a Spock fangirl shaped puddle? It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Galaxy - Oh Kirk! Somehow I just can't imagine Kirk and Spock not serving together, :( but I love Spock's heartfelt response.

Federation - Another bitterweet moment. It's ironic that Starfleet's most notorious womanizer should be the one to end up without a life companion, but we all know that his love and commitment were first given to that great lady The Enterprise.

Next - Oh! [insert inarticulate noises of happiness] [face_love]

Generation - Great use of the prompt! I love this. Just like Kirk to 'embellish' a little bit on history. [face_mischief]

Great job on these! You had nothing to be nervous about. ;)

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Federation almost made me cry, but Generation was hysterical :D

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes: How did I know that you'd enjoy those? ;) [:D]

Master_Jaina: Thanks for the awesome thoughts! You are so lucky to attend that panel . . . I would have been too ticked at their plots to appreciate them, I fear. ;)

Nienna: A total and complete conspiracy, I agree with you!! [face_laugh] Thanks for the thoughtful comments, you have no idea how much I enjoyed reading them. [:D]

NYCityGurl: Thanks!! [:D]

~MJ @};-

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Week Fourteen: ?a line amongst a full circle?

066. Psychic

Nyota had known the prospect of sharing her mind with Spock from the beginning . . . Mental bonds to him were as imperative as touch was for her, and stories of the ability had fascinated her . . . But stories and scattered accounts paled against the actuality of it. His fingers at the meld points on her skin, and his thoughts dancing with hers . . . So much . . . facts, figures, feelings. Emotions, strong and wild and so tempestuous beneath cool bands of logic . . .For a moment, his breath echoed in time with hers, the cadence lulling her to give into the haze loitering just beyond her reach.

067. Detective

Gaila returned back to her dorm late to find a telling trail leading from the door to the room . . .

A white glove . . .

The outer jacket of an instructor's uniform . . .

One scarlet boot . . .

. . . and another . . .

Smirking gleefully, she turned the corner to see nothing like she expected (and she had quite the imagination), but to see her friend and the Vulcan Commander fast asleep atop the covers. Both were still fully clothed (and she sighed at a lost opportunity), and the Vulcan's hand was still resting tellingly on her friend's psi points.

Rolling her eyes, she tossed a blanket over the slumbering couple, and made her way out.

068. Fraud

Kirk was pleasantly surprised when Gaila returned, not wanting her to leave initially. This was a rare time he could let her stay the night through - McCoy was at a conference in Seattle for Starfleet medics, and so he was spared the cranky doctor kicking him and/or his companion out.

He felt almost bad for bothering her after she nodded off, her personal files in his hands from where he had swiped them earlier, as he carefully listened to the Chief Junior Programer on the Kobiyashi Maru mutter . . .

You see, as the few men lucky enough to know would tell you ? Orion women talked in their sleep.

069. Awareness

Nyota was on a cloud the next morning; and Gaila was half distracted as she teased her friend that there were better ways to put a telepath's abilities to use (and she'd tried them all from Betazoid to Galluin).

You see, she could had sworn that she had had her files for the Kobiyashi Maru right under that sparkly blouse from Haith . . . It wasn't there any more.

Her sharp mind whirling as Nyota gushed, she tried her best to smile in support.

Jim Kirk was taking the test that afternoon; she'd tell the Commander that her files were missing then.

070. Pharmaceutical

? . . . Why, that pig headed, sh'loik piece of maggot infested kiesh! I swear, if I get my hands on him McCoy won't have enough hypos in his pretty little bag to stitch Kirk back together!?

?An illogical statement, Nyota, seeing as how the Cadet's body could withstand only a fraction of the Doctor's pharmaceuticals.?

Nyota glared at Spock, digesting the news. To someone like Kirk, rules meant nothing, winning did; and while someday that hardheadedness could save lives. . . for now, it just ticked her off.

And the stiff form of the man next to her said that she wasn't the only one.

~MJ @};-

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hey:

Psychic -- sweet and poetic.

Detective -- Wow! I, like Gaila, thought they'd be more like L/M in Jade_Max's Hand of Fate -- never made it to the couch much less the master bedroom.

Hello!

He's enough to make a lady ravenous -- and quite unabashedly insane about it as well

[face_laugh]

[face_mischief]

Well, now you know where my mind usually travels for those two [face_laugh]

Duh!!

[face_dancing]

[face_love]

10. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    I love these sets!!!!

Especially Fraud...and how kirk got the programming codes!!!

and Spcok and Nyota in the last one...[face_laugh]

Glad to see your muse is back! Now that I am better I will be getting mine up soon!!!

11. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    School is swallowing my free time again, but I just wanted to say how much I love these! You write Spock and Uhura so well - Phychic was incredibly romantic. Gaila made me laugh - following the trail of clothes, but not finding what she expected, and then "losing" her Kobiyashi Maru files. :p Most of all, I love how you used the drabbles to weave together multiple storylines and tell the events surrounding Kirk's Kobiyashi Maru test from an alternate perspective.

Great job on these! =D=

12. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Still reading and loving this, Mira. Especially loved how Pike kept in touch with Mrs. Kirk.

Ducks: [face_laugh] Oh man! Can totally see him not wanting to tell anyone it was a duck!!!

Mechanic: Aw, Scotty... I wonder. Did the prized Beagle ever show up again?

Office: Bones rules when he has medical authority. Hands down my fave of that set.

Temp: Okay, why exactly would he be courtmartialed? (And, also... quiet moment! Liked that!)

Week Twelve: From Bones and Chapel setting up triage, to Spock being there at her bedside, to Nyota's determination to walk again... loved it.

Next: Awwwww... [face_love]

Good drabbles. :)

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Jumping on the drabbles bandwagon... ;) I think Star Trek + Drabbles = my new favourite thing! [face_love] These are all brilliant, Mira. I love how some are serious, some romantic, some exciting, some hilarious - wonderful mix of genres and totally my thing. I love all of your characters so much! Excellent portrayals all around. :D

Looking forward to more! [face_peace]

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes: [face_laugh] It's good to know I have a mind in the gutter next to mine. ;) And how did I know you'd like 'psychic'. ;) [:D]

Master_Jaina: I am so glad that you enjoyed these!! [:D]

Nienna: Thanks! It was a blast to wave the lines together - especially when they pretty much fell that way by accident. But, that's writing for you. ;) [:D]

Daena: It's so good to see you here!! And thanks for the recap of my weeks. I adored it. [:D] AS for the Court Martial - if command got picky with his actions, regardless of the outcome - like stealing aboard the ship, fighting the security guards, disrespect for the chain of command. etc. ;)

Idrelle: I am so glad that you are enjoying these! For me drabbles are the perfect opprotunities to explore everything you can't nessecarily touch on in a viggie - a little bit of everything. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Author's Note: For the 'pick you own' week I went with Week 17 from the third drabble challenge. [face_love]

[b][u]Week Fifteen[/b]: [i]?in sickness, in health?[/i][/u]

[b]81. Head over Heels[/b]

No amount of sheer determination and head-over-heels-ness could fight against the failings of the human body. Nyota learned this when she spent what was supposed to be a night at the Opera with Spock sick in bed with none but Gaila to substitute for her date-night.

That didn't even last long - the Orion skipped happily out of the room, throwing back behind her that she had just the thing to make her feel better. Nyota's protests were lost when ten minutes later Spock appeared at their dorm, various containers in his hands, and a concerned glow to the brush of his mind against hers.

[b]082. Under the Weather[/b]

?Oh, it's just a bit of a cold,? Nyota mumbled miserably, the tissue box clutched to her chest like a lifeline.

?A common cold; shorthand for a viral upper respiratory infection ? also called acute viral rhinopharyngitis, or acute coryza. Caused by rhinoviruses and coronaviruses; and resulting in the symptoms of a sore throat, runny nose, and a fever ? which normally indicates a higher form of the virus. There is no cure, but symptoms usually depart in seven to ten days if they do not deteriorate into higher forms of infection such as Bronchitis and Strep Throat.?

She looked at him oddly, a brow raised in question.

[b]083. Tooth and Nail[/b]

The tips of his ears flushed green. ?I researched the phenomenon ? having not experienced it myself.? His head tilted to the side, and she had a faint memory of Spock as a child reading all he could on the phenomenon while Amanda laid miserable in the background. Most of the volumes, Amanda had later informed him, had been Sarek's - who had done precisely the same thing he did the first time she had taken ill.

She memory made her smile, even as Spock held up the container he had carried with him. ?I believe chicken noodle soup was the prescribed, if illogical, antidote found.?

[b]084. Tie the Knot[/b]

Not even twenty minutes later she found herself propped up by a ridiculous amount of pillows, eating soup, and watching old Terran black and white holos. On her bedside stand there was tea and water alternately, and a hypo or two that McCoy had left for her all arranged by relevance of need as opposed to her reaching distance. The simple gestures were as touching as they were adorable.

?So,? she asked him as he sat at ready next to her bed, ?have you ever had a cold before??

?Vulcans do not take ill in such a way.?

She smiled crookedly. ?But you are human as well.?

[b]085. Bite Your Tongue[/b]

Two days later she was well enough to attend classes again, and even found herself waiting in Spock's office after his lectures to meet him for lunch. When he came in, the cool and collected man she knew was replaced with puffy green eyes and a sour face as Spock miserably wiped at his nose with a handkerchief.

?I believe that I have caught your cold,? he informed her as he dropped into his chair without his usual grace.

Trying her best not to smile, she shook her head in pity. ?C'mon, Spock ? I'll bring the soup this time.?

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    How utterly precious!!! [face_melts into a squishy mess of goo]

Do you know how necessary your S/U is to my sanity, to my joy?

That was a rhetorical question. [face_laugh]

[face_love]

Squee!!! Always.

WEIN -- what else is new? [face_laugh]

JE's new abbreviation for my reaction to mush. [face_laugh]

17. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Awwww.... Spock the caretaker!!!

I have to say of course he would go read all about it!!! and then bringing chicken noodle soup? =P~ I melted!!!

And then him catching the cold! I seriously laughed so hard!!!! He is half human after all![face_laugh]

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Head Over Heels
    Awww, Nyota's sick... and Gaila! Nice friend. [face_laugh] But then Spock shows up to save the day, as it were. [face_love]

Under the Weather
    I love how Spock gives her a full out definition of a cold after she says, "Oh, it's just a cold." [face_laugh]

Tooth and Nail
    Naturally Spock would read up on this sort of thing. :p I love how he finds that the prescribed antidote is chicken soup! And of course he finds it "illogical"! [face_laugh] (This vegetarian would agree with him 100% :p ;) ).

Tie the Knot
    She has a point, you know... :p Spock staying with her is adorable!

Bite Your Tongue
    [face_laugh] Yeah, see, Spock, don't speak too quickly. I knew Nyota had a point. :p Love the last line about the soup. [face_love]

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes: WEIN - perfect!! [face_love] [face_dancing]

Master_Jaina: I'm glad that you had a blast reading that - it certainly was fun to write! [:D]

Idrelle: I'm glad that you enjoyed that. It certainly was fun to bring the cold full circle. [face_laugh]

~MJ @};-

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I am not quite sure how mutch history I fudged with Cavalier, but I could literally think of nothing else. [face_laugh]

Enjoy! [:D]

[u][b]Week Sixteen[/b]: [i]?and if there is a hero, there must be a foe?[/i][/u]

[b]076. Ranger[/b]

Spock's first introduction to planetside combat had been while serving a training tour on the [i]U.S.S. Ranger[/i] while still a cadet.

On the planet of Carro he took his first life; shooting down an insurgent in defense of another cadet in the landing party. After he had felt a sinking wave of nausea and his mouth filled with a foul taste. It was illogical to feel so ? death was death, and life was life; and the insurgent had chosen his own end . . .

But logic was not enough for him to stop himself from darting to the line of foliage in the clearing, and emptying his stomach of its contents.

[b]077. Cavalier[/b]

Time traveling goes very wrong ? again ? when they reached France in the middle of Louis XIV's reign. Apparently, their red jackets were interchangeable with 'British' and the lot of them were running from the King's Dragoons moments later.

?Dammit, Jim, I'm a Doctor, not D'Artagnan!? McCoy complained as he fumbled with the antique sword in his hand.

?Doctor,? Spock's cool voice interrupted him, ?seeing as how Alexander Dumas' character was a gunman in the Junior Infantry ? not the Dragoons, it would be illogical to compare him to the cavaliers we are currently facing.?

?Trust me, we have the swords and the horse's hind-end covered, Spock!?

[b]078. Thief[/b]

?Bones, seriously, if you pull one more smart-line about what happened tonight, you are going to find yourself pulling graveyard shifts for a month??

?You're really going to try threatening me right now!?? McCoy glared at his friend. ?I told you that the woman was acting funny -?

?She was acting [i]interested[/i] in me. How's that funny??

?As I was saying ? you should have known that she was a wanted felon! There are reward posters everywhere!!?

?How was I supposed to know that Trixy was the Thief of Kallier?!?

McCoy just leveled Jim with a Look.

Kirk had the grace to look sheepish. ?I think she went this way.?

[b]079. Acrobat[/b]

Christine Chapel didn't understand why the Minister of Rikom had to include a show from the capitol's best dancers and acrobats (all scantily and sparkly clad) in the interests of peace talks with the Federation; but she knew that she didn't care for them one bit.

And she most certainly didn't care for how the leading lady strayed [i]that[/i] close to Jim, [i]that[/i] many times.

It was obscene!

Later, when the ladies of Rikom turned out to be disguised assassins with poisoned lips, Christine beamed proudly when Jim was one of the few of the landing party that weren't infected.

[b]080. Barbarian[/b]

Nyota Uhura takes her first life in defense of her friend and Captain during a barbaric sacrificial ritual on the planet Koy Mung. The whole of the encounter she was able to keep her head up, the shock and guilt from her face and thoughts, but as soon as she beamed back aboard the ship she felt the weight of her actions settle around her like a storm would press rain to the ground.

[i]Dear stars, but she had taken a life . . .[/i]

Wordlessly, emptily, she turned into the strong hold waiting for her; and let herself fall into the gentle words that she needed to hear.

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

21. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Awww...my favorite was the Bones/Jim one. Of course duh.... but then the time traveling one...good set again.

Loved it!

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    ?Dammit, Jim, I'm a Doctor, not D'Artagnan!? McCoy complained as he fumbled with the antique sword in his hand.

?Doctor,? Spock's cool voice interrupted him, ?seeing as how Alexander Dumas' character was a gunman in the Junior Infantry ? not the Dragoons, it would be illogical to compare him to the cavaliers we are currently facing.?

?Trust me, we have the swords and the horse's hind-end covered, Spock!?

Oh my God, that was sheer brilliance! =D=

Bones and Kirk never fail to make me laugh. Ha! [face_laugh]

Wonderful set! :D

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ranger -- ah my dearest, sweetest O:)

Cavalier -- I often thought how hot Jim and Spock would look dressed as a Musketeer (I need a bucket for =P~ )

Thief -- LOL

Acrobat -- yay!!! More proof for Chris if she needed it [face_dancing]

Barbarian -- Ah! Now she knows how it feels too :( even in the line of duty and to save a life of a freind and colleague. [face_thinking] Law enforcers and soldiers definitely grapple with that kind of thing.

I am so glad she has a rock -- a harbor. As in All I need is all I have. (I love that song and it's theirs) ;) :D (Isn't everything?)

Foot, this has inspired a ficlet.

Thank you for that. [face_love] Yum!!!!

Huggles!!!!!!!

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Master_Jaina: How did I know that you'd enjoy that? ;) [:D]

Idrelle: [face_laugh] Why thank-you! I am glad you enjoyed that. :D

Jade_eyes: Oh my goodness, I need a bucket just for all of the mental images you inspire with you putting our guys in dress-up. [face_laugh] Oh, happiness . . . [face_laugh] And a ficlet, you say?? Oh, SQUEE!!! [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Author's Note: I'm almost caught up! [face_dancing]

[b][u]Week Seventeen[/b]: [i]?an attachment to start?[/i][/u]

[b]081. Boys[/b]

?Promise not to tell??

With a brow raised, Nyota looked over at the window of the room she shared with her sister . . . to where said sister was sneaking back in at a late hour. Rolling her shoulders elegantly, she tapped her stylus against her coursework. ?Kashore, what would surprise mom and dad about you meeting yet another boy??

?You should think about taking my lead ? Dajan is more interesting than your books any day.?

?Cooties ? I'm not interested yet,? Nyota drawled absently, looking back down at her homework once again. Kashore's laughter rang in her ears long after she moved on from her maths.

[b]081. Mountain[/b]

James T. Kirk learns the power of snagging a heart and breaking one when he met one Kayla Cilure on a mountain ski trip that he and a few of his buddies from Riverside embarked on.

She taught him about the power of looks, and the way to flirt and talk his way into a touch. He rode the crest of her lessons with the same adrenaline running through him that he found in a fight . . . in the high of a win.

He had always been passionate ? whether with words or fists; but, while he was holding her, even inside an empty embrace . . . he felt wanted as well.

[b]082. Town[/b]

Every summer, Spock spent a month with his mother's sister, Cassandra Grayson, in the mountains of Washington.

He hadn't been pleased when his Aunt had his cousin Stacy take him into town to . . . socialize . . . And he'd even dare to say that he was illogically uncomfortable with the way Stacy's 'best friend' Anna had an odd way of keeping entirely too close to him . . . That distance shrank even more when the gathered group took to playing a truly baffling game called 'spin the bottle.'

He didn't understand what humans found so bewitching about kissing anyway ? no matter how enraptured Anna seemed to look afterward.

[b]083. Controversy[/b]

In the beginning, she had been a novelty for her hair ? the color of flames to match the exuberance of an Orion woman. She knew, in the way a younger mind understood, that the high price she fetched was an honor to her family . . . but she knew only fear as her home was left far behind . . . Fear, and none of the pride and anticipation that her purchase was supposed to bring.

As she was prepared, a few of the other girls whispered in low tones about escape . . . A way out. Hardly breathing, she listened, and let her mind begin to whirl.

[b]084. Profanity[/b]

Christine Chapel shrieked in surprised laughter as her boyfriend caught her by the waist and swung her around until they both landed in the snow.

Sputtering in mock outrage, she glared crossly at the impishly smiling boy behind her. Sure, Roger Korby was a boy who could drive a girl to profanity more often than not ? but with those eyes and that mind coupled with moments like these . . . It was enough to make her heart flutter.

With a smile, she playfully smeared snow in his face in retaliation. ?Chapel!? he exclaimed.

?If you can't handle the cold, don't dish it out, darling!?

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.