main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] "as silent stars pay witness", UDC5 - COMPLETE on 9/29/10!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super duper seeing Kashore and Nyota together [face_dancing] as sisses teasing [face_dancing]

Chris and Roger -- ick!! :p Fun times though in the snow. She'd have a better time with Jim IMHO ;) Hmmm. Nice bunny. :D

And woohoo!!!! I'd love to play spin the bottle with Spock any day of the week -- I won't mention "Doctor" or "Post Office" -- :eek:

My lands, I do keep coming up with the oddest ... comments [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

My mind just keeps wandering into the oops! directions but with Spock, it's dashed easy -- easier than it was with any of the SW crew -- even as hot as they might be, ergo Jag and Kyp :D

2. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh my....that was priceless!!!

Cooties? really? [face_laugh]

Mountain= awww... i love Jim. i love somewhat angsty Jim. Oh Jim if you wanna feel wanted Audrey and Christine are right there!!![face_love]

Ahh Spock!![:D]

As for the other two...awww...I love both of them and how you give them such personalities.

=D= [:D]

I knew there was a reason we all got along!!!

3. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004

4. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Week 15 - Too funny! I love how Spock came down with the cold in the end. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be happy that Spock got sick, but you know... ;)

Week 16 - ?Dammit, Jim, I'm a Doctor, not D'Artagnan!? [face_laugh] Best line ever. I loved how you framed this set in the context of taking your first life. Seeing Spock's not-so-composed first encounter with killing brought incredible emotional depth to the last drabble about Uhura. Nicely done.

Week 17 - It was great to see different characters experiencing love (or in Spock's case, those mysterious human attachment rituals) for the first time. I especially loved "Mountain." That the reason for Kirk's womanizing may be to fill an emptiness inside himself never really occured to me before, I guess because I'm used to seeing his character in light of TOS instead of the new movie. It adds a new depth to his character.

Great job on these! =D=

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes: I'm glad you liked them! :D Chris and Roger was supposed to be a foreshadowing to Roger's lack of fun in the snow on Exo III. lol! [face_laugh] [face_devil]Oh yes, she'd have a much better time with Jim. :* And I adore the dirrection your mind takes - 'Dr. Spock', any time. [face_laugh]!!!

Master_Jaina: It's a blast to play around with other characters. :) And Jim will figure it out soon. ;) [:D]

Maggy: Aww, thanks for the nice break-down! [:D]

Neinna: Oh, thanks so much for the detailed thoughts. You have to know that I adore them! [:D] In the last set about Kirk, it was fun to give his womanizing a more emotional depth. I had a hard time swallowing Shatner's character at times, but this new Kirk . . . his motives and character seem to be so much fuller at times, if that makes any sense. :p

Thanks to everyone for reading! There will be more in a few!

[:D]

~MJ @};-

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Week Eighteen: ?half and half to call we a whole?

086. Steed

Her sister owned a ranch in Washington's mountains. While different from their childhood home in Seattle, Cassandra's home still felt like her home when she visited in the summers.

The first time she brought Sarek with her, she laughed at his first clumsy attempts at horseback riding. By the trip's end, and after some very amused patience from Sandra, he improved tremendously. On their last evening there, she enjoyed sharing a mount with him; the mountains strong behind them, and the setting sun warm over them as she leaned into the feeling of his arms strong and steady around her.

087. Peel

The first time she knows danger as an Ambassador's wife is on the world of Karmii, where the Federation's assistance in their policies hadn't gone over well - at all. While her mind knew that Sarek's reputation and levelheadedness meant that he was a valuable asset to ending the violence, her heart was still in her throat when she heard the blast render through the air.

Her heart was still hammering, hours later, even as she kept her chin tilted up, keeping her voice calm and strong. When she reached over to peel the bloody fabric away from his skin, her fingers shook.

088. Gale

Sometimes, her husband's 'foot in the mouth' disease seemed to rip through a conversation with all of the fierce strength of a gale force wind. In the beginning, Sarek's rather blunt ? but honest ? manner of speaking had been equal parts endearing and frustrating.

And then there were times, when he leaned towards her and whispered in amusement after hearing a snide comment: ?It would be highly illogical to refer to me as 'cold-blooded' when the average body temperature of a Vulcan is at least 7.84 degrees higher than a human's.? that she appreciated his frankness more than he'd ever know.

089. Stylish

She dressed for a conference on Mastas III in a daring black evening gown that emphasized the lushness of her figure. The blackness of the grown, like the space between stars, made her hair shine a dark shade to match, and her eyes swam like ink in contrast to her pale skin. Her lips were a scarlet curve against the white, and they grinned upon seeing the way Sarek's eyes lingered just longer than normal on her appearance.

?You look . . . aesthetically pleasing, Amanda,? were his words, but when he reached out to touch his first two fingers to hers in the ozh'esta, his pulse jumped like quicksilver against her skin.

090. Needed

She tells him one cool night they spent out in the dessert, that she had first started falling for him when he called her by name . . . the warm tenors of his voice caressing the plain syllables of her name to make it something beautiful.

He was silent after her revelation, before drawing her close. She felt a whisper of breath against her ear.

In.

And out.

And then . . . ?Amanda,? was the flutter of breath, the deep resonance of her name on her husband's lips that sent a thrill through her body; tingling up and down her spine before settling low behind her heart, making it whole.

~MJ @};-

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Steed ;) :D

Peel -- I sympathize completely.

Gale [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Stylish -- the melts starts --

Needed -- and ends here with a SQUEE! SQUEEE!

You write the Vulcan male better than anyone I know, anywhere, anytime.

They're hot, they're lovable, and they're edible.

[face_dancing]

Wouldn't that make a great siggy line?

A Gooified Jade

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Steed so picturesque at the end! [face_love]

Peel - woah! Yeah. [face_plain] [:D]

Gale - "foot in the mouth" disease... hehehehe. [face_laugh] Oh, logical thinking can bring such amusement. :D

Stylish - aesthetically pleasing? [face_laugh] Awwww. [face_love]

Needed - !!!! [face_love] [face_love]

I think I'm mushified, too. It's all in that last one, right there... :D

9. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Needed... oh my. [face_love]

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes: heck yeah, that is a beautiful line! [face_laugh] [face_love] I am glad that you enjoyed all of those - Needed was sooo your fault, you know. With all of your glorious Nyota going all melted over Spock's voice. [face_laugh] Like father . . . like son. [face_mischief]

Idrelle: Thanks for all of the nice comments! That last one seemed to be a clincher all around. [face_laugh]

Daena: [face_mischief] [:D]

~MJ @};-

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Only week twenty to go! [face_dancing]

[u][b]Week Nineteen[/b]: [i]?matter of mettle?[/i][/u]

[b]091. Theater[/b]

His eyes were firm on the horizon. His hands on the bike's controls threatened to tremble, but they didn't; they wouldn't.

Until now, he had stumbled from point to point in his life; but this was the first time he would leap for a goal. Steadfast and cocky ? a sure way to greet the world, and that was what he would give Starfleet. The men in uniforms wanted a hero ? the son of a legend. What they would get . . . he wasn't quite sure, honestly.

Life was just a show; and he only had one mask to present to them. What was truly underneath rarely counted, he found.

[b]092. Singing[/b]

?What would you do, if not this?? McCoy asked curiously. This was their first night at the Academy, and already a loose sort of camaraderie existed between them. They were both on their fourth beer, and well past the point where conversation flowed freely.

Jim let the corners of his mouth life into a sardonic, bitter sort of smirk. ?Sing.?

McCoy snorted into his glass. ?Sing??

?Yep ? I have the pipes of an angel.?

?Please, kid ? I don't need a demonstration.?

Kirk shrugged. ?Suit yourself,? he muttered, something playful in his eyes. ?The galaxy will be sore when they figure out what they're missing, though.?

[b]093. Jokes[/b]

This was the thirteenth bar in San Francisco that Kirk would be indefinitely banned from. Fifteen more had him watched when he entered; and two had an outright thirty foot radius that Kirk, by court order, couldn't enter.

McCoy looked seriously over at Jim from where he was helping him stumble back to their dorm. ?Look, kid ? someday you'll realize that jokes and that mouth of yours are only going to get you into trouble.?

Kirk's mouth stretched into a smile, but his eyes were dark. ?Well, I guess I'll just need people like you to help me out when that happens.?

[b]094. Guests[/b]

Eventually, McCoy shouldn't have been surprised when he found his roommate . . . entertaining. And Kirk should know by know that his 'guest' would be tossed her clothes and told to leave.

?Obviously,? Kirk drawled arrogantly, ?someone hasn't entertained with the fairer sex in quote some time. It would help with that stick up your ass.?

McCoy glared, but said honestly: ?I believe that there's one gal for every guy out there ? the trick is just finding her ? and lemme tell you; where you're looking, she won't be found.?

Kirk looked dubious.

?And no ? Jocelyn was not a [i]girl[/i]. She was a soul sucking succubus - with a damn fine lawyer.?

[b]095. Puppets[/b]

The first seconds inside the old Vulcan's mind were chaos. Painful and poignant. The whole of the time, he had felt like a puppet on a string, jerked around by tides and fate . . . and what a faulty copy of a hero he was . . .

. . . and then he felt pride. He felt adoration, even . . . affection.

And such a fierce, burning respect that he almost faltered on the mental field to feel.

This Spock believed he could do all of that ? [i]had[/i] done all of that. Didn't see anything lacking in the copy of another man before him . . .

Slowly, he saw his views begin to crumble.

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful beautiful wrap in Puppets. Dreamy sigh. :) Being affirmed by a Spock of any time is a privilege and a true testament to the greatness of one's inner worth. :)

Bravo and huggles!!!!!!

Has a Jim awwww!! moment LOL You and Master Jay really make him a wonderful, fun, vulnerable read.

:D

13. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Oh Mira Mira Mira

You have caused a revolution.

I have fallen in love with Sarek/Amanda! Actually be on the look out for the Victorian Roulette challenge to feature them.

But wow...you really know how to write Vulcans. I want one now!

And then Week Nineteen... [face_laugh]

I have say I have a feeling Kirk can sing (because Chris Pine does, and therefore I base my thesis on that)

=D=

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes: Isn't it? [face_love] I'm glad you enjoyed that set! [:D]

Master_Jaina: A revolution, you say? [face_batting] I cannot wait to see some Sarek/Amanda from you!!!! [face_dancing] And Chris Pine sings? Force, I have to find that! [face_laugh]

The last set will be up in a few. [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And here we are, already at the end of the ride. [face_love] That is a lovely thought just as it is a depressing one. [face_laugh]

This set is for Jade_eyes ? who has been my Star Trek muse, and the best e-sib a gal could have! [:D]

And to everyone else who has left their thoughts and taken the time to read my ramblings ? I am honored! [:D] and :* for you. And a candy Jim or Spock for your enjoyment. [face_mischief]

[face_dancing]

[u][b]Week Twenty[/b]: [i]?and I shall hold you close, as silent stars pay witness to my vow?[/i][/u]

[b]096. Girl[/b]

Aboard the [i]Enterprise[/i], she wondered just what she should call Spock when addressing him to others.

She had never had to think about it before, seeing as only a few knew . . .

[i]Muungwana[/i] . . . her sister had called Spock. Her gentleman.

Gaila's descriptions had been . . . very Gaila. With numerous adjectives thrown in for spice.

And 'boyfriend' sounded so . . . infantile. She didn't feel like a girlfriend . . . the term failed to describe what they were to each other.

So, when Spock introduced her to a fellow scientist on Pasrt as ?my intended?, [i]other half[/i], his mind whispered against hers; she beamed, and inclined her head to the title.

[b]097. Secret[/b]

?According to Starfleet regulations section III, article IV, paragraph ten; this would be deemed as an inappropriate use of Federation public spaces.?

?I'm sure that it was more of a footnote,? she teased.

?It was indeed a paragraph ? five sentences, eighty-seven words, five-hundred-eighteen characters -?

? - Spock??

?Yes, Nyota??

?We can keep it a secret,? she purred the suggestion; one hand stopping the turbolift even as another stole under his uniform top. Her lips were warm against his neck, and his skin was hotter still.

She felt gentle hands trace up her sides, thoughtful. ?There was nothing in the regulations against that.?

[b]098. Blood[/b]

They are ambushed on the planet of Thim; and Nyota holds a wide eyed ensign as his life bled away into her hands. As soon as she returned to the ship, she stumbled blindly to her quarters, horrified by the blood coating her skin as she shed her clothes as if they were smothering her. The spray of the shower helped; but not enough.

A moment later Spock found her; a fierce burst of worry coloring their bond as he asked, ?Nyota? -?

? - It's not my blood,? she interrupted miserably.

She felt his sorrow at the back of her mind before feeling strong hands help her wash the blood away.

[b]099. Magic[/b]

After they wed on New Vulcan, they spend the next week on the romantic world of Vestas Vii. The tropical planet had a small moon that had a station that ran tours to a star cluster a parsec away. Here, infant orbs of light in their first century of life shone like diamonds all around ? and one could take glass repulsororbs out to observe the stars as if you were one of them.

It was one of the most unique experiences of her life . . . made whole by the man at her side; and the mind that was incredibly open to hers . . . with only the stars to pay witness.

[b]100. Slayer[/b]

?I mean, think about it ? we already know of two alternate realities. Remember that delicious version of you with the goatee . . .?

?Which shall [i]stay[/i] in another universe.?

?Fine,? she pouted, stroking a finger thoughtfully over his face. ?But, really ? there could be hundreds of versions of us ? as Dragon Riders, or Jedi . . . or Vampire slayers, even!?

?Vampire slayers?? Spock echoed dutifully.

?Sure, I mean ? I could be convinced to fight the forces of evil if you were by my side.?

He placed a hand over hers; trapping it. ?You are the key word in any of those worlds,? he whispered; and she fell all over again.

[b]~MJ[/b] [face_rose]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Congrats on finishing!! =D=
    Intended and other half -- melts! Melts! :)

Secret -- oh I love it when he does that and when they do that! [face_laugh] ;)

Blood -- whew!!! So glad he is there, as always.

Magic -- what a gorgeous, gorgeous world!!!!!

You do come up with the most picturesque and unique worlds. :*

Slayer -- can I just -- there's no words to describe how utterly SWEET SWEET SWEET what he said to her at the end there.

And there isn't a word to describe how gooified I am -- SQUGGLES!

WEIN.

Thank you.

[face_love]
    [face_love]
    [face_love]
    A divine ending to a super set of 100 drabbles.

[face_love]

17. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Oh sniff...it is the end of the ride. But I know this is not the end :D

And yes Chris Pine sings. Look up Small Town Saturday Night and he sings. Total swoon worthy (sometimes I think that man is way too hot for his own good)

Anyways, can I have the candy Jim? Please?[face_praying]

Girl: Awww... my intended. Actually I really like that. Gaila's descriptions...I can only imagine![face_laugh]

Secret: *swoon* Those two are sooo naughty... but great plot bunny.

Blood: Awww... I love protective!Spock!

Magic: Oh those images...=P~

Slayer: Oh such a perfect ending! =D= Jedi! Vampire Slayers (oh don't get me started on vampires, True Blood got me hooked) And Mirror!Spock is hot too!

Man, these were awesome and I am so glad I got back on these boards. Thank you for keeping me sane these past few months and giving me these!!! [:D][face_love]

Congrats on completing it!

18. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Week 18: ?You look . . . aesthetically pleasing, Amanda,? were his words, but when he reached out to touch his first two fingers to hers in the ozh'esta, his pulse jumped like quicksilver against her skin.

Wow, this has to be one of the best and most romantic sets yet. I was about to say that it?s almost ironic that it?s about Sarek and Amanda, but even in TOS and TNG, we were able to see glimpses of the incredibly strong bond they shared. It?s a shame they don?t appear more in fan fic. You?ve done a lovely job of capturing them here, if the flutterings in my heart are any indication! I absolutely loved this line:

And then . . . ?Amanda,? was the flutter of breath, the deep resonance of her name on her husband's lips that sent a thrill through her body; tingling up and down her spine before settling low behind her heart, making it whole.

Week 19: ?Yep ? I have the pipes of an angel.?
    ?Please, kid ? I don't need a demonstration.?

?And no ? Jocelyn was not a girl. She was a soul sucking succubus - with a damn fine lawyer.?

[face_laugh] You write McCoy so well! But of course, this is Kirk?s set to shine. :) I never really bought into Shatner?s Kirk either, and I agree that the new Kirk has much greater depth to his character. You did a wonderful job exploring his transformation here. I especially liked ?Puppets.? I mean?to find out that the person who ?hates? him will come to respect him and care about him so deeply?trust him implicitly. I?ll watch this scene in a different light now. I love your insights, Mira.

Week 20: I am officially a puddle on the floor. This was such a beautiful ending! *happy sigh* Do these drabbles have to end?? :p

Fabulous, Mira_Jade! =D= I'm glad I was along for the ride.

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Though I came in late, this has been a spectacular ride - I only wish I had been there at the start to enjoy twenty weeks of wonderful Star Trek drabbles! :D [face_love]

Because I am currently typing this from a Mac that I'm learning how to use, I'll edit in my thoughts on the set later today when I'm back home with my more comfortable PC. :p

[:D] @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.