main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] "as you are the apple of my eye," a lengthy Spock/Nyota oneshot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    ?as you are the apple of my eye?

Genre: Drama, Romance
    Rating: PG
    Time Frame: Post ST-XI
    Characters: N. Uhura/Spock, Ensemble Crew

Summary: It had started as an away mission that went south, an adverse situation that they made due with in most unforeseeable of ways. In the end, though, him seeing the world through her eyes was nothing short of fascinating.

Notes: This started as a viggie for my 'What a Lovely way to Burn' series, and a way for me to play around with the mental bond that I often establish in so many of my Spock/Uhura stories. (You will see what I mean.) In the end, though, it quickly became long enough to stand on its own as its own piece. Knowing this, I gave no thought to length, and was quite surprised when this . . . beast erupted with a total of forty pages and 20,000 words and no good cut-off points whatsoever. Of course the muse would decided to be finicky that way . . . So, I decided, after some debating with my beta, to post it whole in its entirety rather than force in a few cut-offs to give you chapters. So, basically, what I am trying to say is that I heartily recommend sitting down with a cup of coffee and just letting this simmer over a few days if you decide to undertake the task of reading this.

As always, a huge thanks goes to Jade_eyes for her patience and awesomeness when helping me through this. You rock as a beta reader and so much more, hon! [:D]

Disclaimer: Nothing is mine except for the words.

[i]?Perhaps it was the circumstances that drew us so very near ? that knit us so very close: for I was his vision, as I am still his right hand. Literally, I was (what he often called me) the apple of his eye.?[/i]

[b]~ Jane Eyre, Chapter 38[/b]

[hr]

I think that in all my time serving aboard the [i]Enterprise[/i], never had a situation been more odd than the events of Minavad IV. At least, on a personal scale. After serving this long with a Captain like James T. Kirk, there were certainly situations that ranked high on the list for the crew as a whole, but this one was different . . . This one hit so very close to home.

Minavad itself was a gas giant in a seldom traveled corner of the Alpha quadrant. While the gas giant was of little interest ? its great flow of storms was stable, and the mining colonies that had set up within the nets of gas had long since closed down due to the exhaustion of the Karmondian ore that had once been abundant there ? the surrounding ten moons were very much so of interest. Minavad III was a trading outpost for those preparing deep space voyages, and was fairly busy during most parts of the solar seasons. Six other of Minavad's moons were too small and underdeveloped to support any kind of life, either being to far from the systems three suns, or too close for ideal conditions to thrive. The remaining three of Minavad's moons were of a barren nature, but showed the first signs of holding plant life and the first bactoids that would lead to true sentient population in the centuries to come.

Minavad IV was the most developed of these three moons, and was the obvious one for us to drop down to and collect various samples and what not for the research divisions who were interested in planetary development and the properties of undiscovered flora in general. In short, the whole of the mission was rather dull for those of us who didn't have an interest in the sciences. Kirk, in particular, had a rather glazed expression as Spock talked on about this and that with as much glee as one could insert into a Vulcan's voice. I tried not to smile at it while we all donned envirosuits in an anteroom to the transporters.

While Minavad IV was showing signs of supporting sentient life, the fledgling atmosphere still bore many of the same gases that were found in the giant that it orbited. The Carmonian gas in particular was particularly detrimental to human lungs ? Spock would be fine for short amounts of time, but not for long ? so,

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I have loved literature and the classics for donkey's years -- even going so far as to minor in English in college and take courses in Shakespeare plays and classic poetry. Now, I'm loving the romantic authors of the 19th century like the Brontes and of the 20th into the 21st like Debbie Macomber and Nicholas Sparks.

So, take it from a totally unabashed bookworm! [face_dancing] and a Spock/Nyota lover till the moon falls from the sky, this is the best thing I've ever read, ever, and I can only hope to write something as lovely!

Feeling totally inspired and blessed,

jade
    [face_love]
    [face_love]
    [face_love]
    SQUGGLES!

~~~~~

The first person POV for Nyota is so intimate and so right and the epilogue part -- mel-ty!

Squee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.