Story [Star Trek 2009] Best Christmas... Ever. Jim/Audrey fluffy Christmas fic

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Master_Jaina1011, Dec 23, 2011.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: Best Christmas... Ever.
    Author: Master_Jaina1011
    Genre: Fluffy, Family fic.
    Summary: While reading the Twas the Night Before Christmas, Jim realizes how complete he feels.

A/N: I have always loved this poem, and yes I know it's possible they don't celebrate Christmas. But... I can dream. Nothing is mine except for Audrey, Amelia and George. I hope you enjoy this very indulgent, mushy, fluffy piece that I just wrote.

Twas the Night

It was Christmas time again on the Enterprise and the festivities were in full swing. There were kids dressed as elves, engineers with reindeer antlers on and the bridge was decked out with the latest and greatest the Kirk family had to offer.

Admiral Christopher Pike looked on in amusement, his blue eyes twinkling in merriment. ?I see you and the crew will be spreading the Christmas cheer.?

Jim shook himself out the garland that Amelia had insisted on putting on his chair. ?Well you know how Audrey is with the holidays. Especially with George and Amelia in the picture now.?

?Well I am sad that this year I am not able to join you. Your shore leave is a few weeks away though. I?ll get to see the two of them then. Pike out.?

Jim nodded, and signed off, landing in the captain?s chair with a thump, causing more silver garland to attack him. He looked to Sulu and Chekov who were busy throwing an ornament from the tree around , when something beeped.

?I believe it is time for me to relieve you, Captain,? the smooth, stoic voice of Spock said. Kirk looked up to see the normally immaculate Vulcan a little frazzled. In one arm he held his youngest, Kh?ori and the other held Grayson, who was busy trying to get out of his father?s grip.

?You are going to relieve me with your two children in your arms?? Jim asked, trying not to laugh.

?Nyota insisted.?

?She just wanted to get the children out of her hair while she wrapped all the presents.?

?I can understand why,? his wife?s voice said, and he looked around and saw Audrey standing there, her red hair frazzled, and soon his lap was full of his two children. Despite her appearance, he felt the warmth and radiance in their bond, and shared a smile with her.

?How about I take these two munchkins off your hand and I will read them a story in our quarters?? Jim said, standing up, swinging his kids with him. ?And Spock, Scotty can take the con. Let?s go celebrate Christmas with our kids.?

?I thought I heard my name,? Scotty said, sitting down in the chair. ?Go enjoy the celebration. The rest of us will join you soon.?

?You better!? Audrey yelled, picking up their daughter and giving Jim a sweet kiss on the lips. He looked at her, and cocked his head.

?What was that for??

?Being you. Come on, I hear you have a story to read."

Once dinner was finished, and all their aunts and uncles had stopped by, Jim and Audrey had finally managed to get George and Amelia to settle down and now they were cuddled together on the couch, the lights dimmed, and the Christmas lights twinkling around them.

Jim held a paper book, wore at the edges and his children?s full attention was on him.
    Audrey squeezed his hand, and he opened the cover.

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
    Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

?Mouse!? Amelia squealed, and Jim reached over and tickled her.

?Yes, Mouse, not even you were stirring!? His daughter giggled and snuggled back into her father?s arms waiting for him to continue.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
    While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads.
    And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
    Had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap.

?So that means when Santa comes you have to be asleep to?? George asked, his blue eyes looking up at this mother.

?Especially us.? Audrey whispered back, brushing his hair back and placing a kiss on his
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

star 9
    Aww, this is sweet!! Especially the kids [face_love]

I can tell you like this poem :p
  3. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

star 4
    This was just so incredibly sweet! I loved seeing the Kirks so settled and domestic, and daddy!Kirk is quite possibly one of the most adorable facets of his character. :p [face_love]

Excellent job with this, I have so missed seeing fic from you in these here parts! ;) =D=

~MJ @};-
  4. earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One

star 6
    Sweet and so nice to see Kirk with kids. It makes the 2009 Kirk a very nice character
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl