main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009 & Beyond] An Abiding Treasure. New Post: June 17!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    No argument from me. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Uhuru of course was paired with Kirk for that one interracial kiss episode on TOS, but their relationship has always been a working relationship, nothing even remotely passionate between them and I am glad that in this reboot of the franchise that Nyota and Spock are paired up; to me it's a perfect match that I hope they don't mess with in the next movie. [face_nail_biting]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ha haa! I would love to see that moment of Kirk and Nyota snark. I love their banter. :p

The best of the bunch indeed. [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    She sure did pick the best of the bunch.
    Love the discussion and the fries;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: thanks. @};- :) Can't wait to post-itis has struck - yay! ;)

Hazel earlybird-obi-wan

RX_Sith

AN#: Inspired by the beauty of descriptions of Force bonds I've read recently, how durable and vibrant - between apprentice and mentor in one fic and between new lovers in another. As for the latter, still serious edge-of-seatness on that score. ;)

AN#2: Relates to my "Never Leave me, Ever" & "The First Time I loved Forever", in another thread. As well as "Like a Chill." :) :)

A Bright Beacon and Stalwart Stronghold

Nyota’s strength, warmth, and loving entwinement was very much attenuated. She felt very distant ... it was cold without her. Ineffably cold, soul-deep.

As I and the others worked tirelessly to reclaim Nyota, it was a haunting and unspoken question burning in the glance of my friends: If we didn't find her in time ... or if we did, would our bond be irrevocably harmed???

I too suffered these qualms; I have no shame in admitting.

When I found her again, she was still muted due to what she had suffered and the effects of the treatments she had to undergo. But under it all, I felt her love and warmth soothing away the pervasive ache, and she clung to me mentally, in a desperate, elatedly relieved fashion.

In the immediate days that followed, our eyes held for longer periods than usual, and we took every occasion to exchange even the most transient of touches. Our bond, we had found, thankfully - was if anything stronger, more radiant. We were enmeshed in a way that neither of us found invasive or strange. On the contrary, we basked in it.

When she came back from a very successful mission, she was buoyed by it, her short-lived disequilibrium restored.

The following evening, I found her on the observation deck, deep in thought.

I ran a hand lightly along her arm, and she shivered at the touch, and then clutched my hand firmly.

"If I knew that that awful sense of desolation and incompleteness might be the consequence of a bond such as ours being threatened," she said softly, "I might have reconsidered before even falling for you at all."

I felt a momentary sense of utter shock at her words. At our connection, I did not feel any coldness or regret, merely the adoring tenderness as was her wont.

"Would you?" I pressed, as softly. "Indeed?"

"How could I have done?" She exclaimed, seizing me and crushing me fast, fastening her warm lips on mine for a breathless moment. "I was in love with you too fast!!!" She laughed. "I adore you so!!!!"

I gazed deep into her eyes.

I caught a passionate glow in my ashal-veh's eyes and laughter flowed between us along with our mutual, passionate ardor.

The question I read in the loving depths was: Could we make it back to our quarters in time, or should we avail ourselves of one of the long couches?

I took care of that little problem by setting a computerized seal/lock so we wouldn't be disturbed.

Nyota's happy and grateful laughter indicated her pleasure at my quick thinking.

Later, I clung to her and she to me; I feathered kisses along from her ear to the hollow of her throat: /I could not have continued if you had been lost to me ... this recent event has only served to reaffirm that you are the other half of me, so necessary./

"Hmmm." She purred happily. "You find the most lyrical ways of saying you love me." She winked.

/As I shall do, always./ I answered warmly.

/Let's take this somewhere even more private, my irresistible love, because frankly I haven't had enough of you yet, not by half!!/

I was more than willing to oblige.

Nyota’s Commentary:

We were finding our way together, again. Not in the sense of those who have alienated themselves from one another, but in the way of those joyously, appreciatively finding out the depths and reasons for loving in the first place, and finding newer and deeper facets as well.

I was (for instance) struck anew at how beautiful he found me, physically and otherwise. His touch was if anything more reverential than before.

And my toes curled even more decisively in consequence. [face_laugh] [face_love]

+++++

D'awwoon! ^:)^ [face_dancing]

earlybird-obi-wan and RX_Sith like this.
  6. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Their slight severance from each other shows the true depths of their love, especially as Spock admits that he truly missed her; and it's in these times and other that tender moments and special reciprocations can occur to renew their bond. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    There is no breaking a bond like theirs. It can only grow stronger. :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I love you Hazel for saying so and believing it as do I. [face_love] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They share a true bond of the soul;) Beautiful piece

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but this was the kind of soulful and sweet that curled the toes. Just . . . really the perfect thing to read to lift the spirits. I love the way you paint their relationship - it just gets better all the time. [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_blush] [face_dancing] Thank you so much!!!! :) :) That's exactly the tone I was going for - the joyful, we're-together sense of renewed treasuredness and intense intimacy after such a harrowing experience. It would totally spill over into toe-curling times emotionally and otherwise -- and it would feed their cherishing and basking - as if, who wouldn't bask in His Edibleness? [face_laugh] ^:)^ !!!!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tagging:

RX_Sith

earlybird-obi-wan

Hazel

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paternal Approval & Jubilant Nyota

Sarek

When he sees Nyota, he is struck by her poise and physical beauty, the intelligence he reads in her eyes.

The bond she shares with his son is deep and multifaceted, shining and glowing. The way he looks at her and the way she stands close to him are very enlightening.

When he converses with her, Sarek finds her to be warm and genuine. Sarek is pleased that Amanda was right in her surmises.

"Ms. Uhura brings you balance and a sense of inner peace." Sarek observes.

"Indeed she does."

"She is a worthy choice of life-mate."

"Nyota is compassionate, caring, gifted in her field, vivacious, and one whom I found it easy to respect and trust quite early on." There is tenderness even in the speaking of her name.

"You love her, in other words." Sarek summarizes, pleased.

"With all that I am." Is the quick reply.

Sarek confides: "Amanda was never in favor of a contracted bond, but she acquiesced. Even though I favored the idea in principle, I must avow that I was relieved when that was dissolved by mutual agreement. T'Pring would never have suited."

Nyota

When she hears of this exchange, especially the latter part, she sits quietly and offers no comment for a moment. At their bond, however, jubilation is spilling over!

Her love notices this and sends her a mental caress.

"So ... it's official - I have the all-important parental approval and I surpass Her Frostiness not just in my own opinion." She smirks then jumps up suddenly and gives a happy wriggle. Her eyes are sparkling. "Aren't you glad you tossed her over?” She laughs.

"My estimation of you in comparison has always been superlative in your favor; I know without doubt that no other choice would have been viable.”

"Oh, I love you! Love you!" She breathes, between happy kisses.

"I treasure you utterly." He responds, reciprocating with both long, slow kisses and adoring touches.

++++++

[face_rofl]

[face_dancing]

^:)^ !!!!

RX_Sith likes this.
  13. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    It's too bad that Amanda and Nyota do not get the chance to get to know each other due to her demise in the first movie. I feel like they would have been great friends who could have shared the uniqueness together of being married to Vulcans who ignite their passion like no one else ever could. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I too Am certson that Amanda would get along splendidly with Nyota. Great insight, Jade! :)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, that was warm and pleasant to read in every possible way. As much as I hate that Nyota and Amanda weren't able to get to know each other, I do like this early sealing of the rift between Spock and Sarek. It is beautiful to see their relationship grow as much as it is to see the one between Spock and Nyota. Just beautiful on all counts. [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely update. Uhura should have met Amanda. And love to see Sarek and Spock getting along

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Sarek's feelings about Nyota are lovely :) So glad he approves!

And Nyota did indeed pick the best bunch :D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan

Hazel

RX_Sith

~~~~~~~~

A Very Warm Welcome

Janice

It was a very pleasant, and much-needed bit of R&R we were on. Nyota was away attending a conference for part of it, since a close friend would be giving a lecture, and it would afford them a chance to see each other.

It was nearly time for Ny to rejoin us when we got warning that the venue they were at was threatened by militants.

(Thankfully, as we eventually learned, the delegates were evacuated in time and the perps apprehended.)

Yet, until we knew that for certain, we were all as the expression goes on the edge of our seats.

I worked the comm boards frantically.

____

Jim

Ms. Rand was handling her tasks excellently, proving once again that Uhura's confidence in her was well-founded.

I didn't like not being in control of the "situation on the ground," although I had no doubt it was being resolved by capable and courageous officers of the law.

I liked even less the thought of harm coming to a valued coworker and a dear friend, one whom at one point I would have doubted I could count amongst that number. But I felt privileged to do so.
    My superlatively competent XO, meanwhile, needless to say, left nothing to be desired efficiency-wise, but I knew that it took every scrap of self-discipline not to ... squirm and fidget until the final word came.

"The conference was able to continue after being relocated," Janice now relates, "Nyota will be able to join us on schedule, after all."

The ensuing relief was palpable.

______

Nyota

My love and I had embraced quickly upon my return and took ourselves off to a secluded woodland glade with a babbling brook and blossoming flowers of pastel hues.

"I hope I didn't cause you too much concern," I murmured. Across our bond, he could tell this was no mere courtesy. I definitely regretted any anxiety I had caused but would still have been touched by its presence.

This was why his demurral took me aback.

"On the contrary, Nyota, I knew any such would be counterproductive, especially in light of the absence of definitive evidence."

I frowned. "Are you saying you didn't feel even a fleeting ..." I trailed off.

"This is completely baffling and contradictory to me," He replied, "On the one hand, you hope that I felt no anxiety but are surprised and, dare I say, disappointed by a lack of Human reactions?"

I paused and then chuckled wryly. "It's confusing, even to me. Still ..."

"Still the feelings juxtapose. I apologize that I cannot give other than I do."

"I have never, would never, want that!" I exclaimed, giving his hands a squeeze. "It's not a criticism. I know I at times can be quite a mystery to you."

"Yet, that's part of your ... "

I glowered. "You can either say being human or being a woman. Neither will win points."

"It is true, however, being a facet of both. My Father often made that observation ..." There was amusement in the tone.

Suddenly, I laughed. "So, frankly, has mine! Oh sweet skies, what a grand adventure we are on! We do surprise and baffle one another still, and will doubtless in myriads of ways in the time to come."

"Yes." Was the tender reply. "I would not have it otherwise, nor you."

Our glance held lovingly for a long moment.

"Darling," I whispered, as we held each other fast, "Can we ... start over, again?" My eyes danced. "I missed you, and I adore you!"

/I cherish you!/ Was my answer, along with our deep, slow kisses and gentle caresses.

I could also tell that I had been missed as well, and any doubts I might have remotely held were sweetly put to rest.

++++++

[face_dancing] [face_love]

RX_Sith likes this.
  19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Their communication definitely soothes over any kind of mixed feelings that can sometimes surface. They are learning that caring and comfort can go a long way towards having romantic bliss. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh, of course she was missed, as I know she also missed him terribly. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    My superlatively competent XO, meanwhile, needless to say, left nothing to be desired efficiency-wise, but I knew that it took every scrap of self-discipline not to ... squirm and fidget until the final word came.[face_laugh]

Loved Jim and Janice commenting on that mission. ANd the teasing after that

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Jim is, as always, hilarious :D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: I love the gentle awwwness of each moment.

:)

Morning Perusal

I gaze upon her beauty. Her warmth and vitality are quiescent now and are mingling with my consciousness, rather like a background melody.

I think of what it would be like to have a "mind to myself" or conversely one enmeshed with another than Nyota's.

This idle speculation I tell myself is pointless and is fraught with a sense of desolation.

I hurriedly squelch it, therefore, but I still cannot deny the ... shall I call it sentiment which impelled the thought -- gratefulness and a perpetual amazement that our paths lie together, so willingly and, on her part, so joyfully.

"Hey, you." She breathes. "You just can't get enough looking at me, can you?" She laughs.

"Hmm. I was merely lost in thought." I object, yet I cannot and will not forgo a caress to her cheek as we exchange a good morning kiss.

"About?" She asks when we finally move apart.

"Nothing of consequence." I tease.

She can tell this is my intent, so she pulls out of my hold and jumps up to stand, hands on hips, glaring.

But under that fierce demeanor, I can feel and hear her laughter. "Shall I have to tickle it out of you, then?"

"That is ineffectual with me, love, in contrast to its efficacy on you." I rejoin.

Our eyes hold tenderly.

"Sweet skies, but I do love you." She murmurs.

"I was thinking of you -- and how unnatural it would be if our minds and paths were not inextricably joined."

"Oh!" She is deeply moved, and then leaps back into bed and into my embrace.

Our reciprocally amorous expressions divert us both for quite the while thereafter.

A Spontaneous Game

On a brief shore leave, we go to the beach. There is a family with younglings about my niece and nephew's ages. They are playing with a circular disc rather like a Frizbie.

I grin and spontaneously rush up to join in.

My darling forgoes to join us, although I send him an inviting glance. He is amused, and his returning gaze is loving.

Later, I join him on an outcropping of rock as the sun sets in the ocean, painting the water shades ranging from lightest rose to deepest amethyst.

Even the sky is mirroring the gorgeous colors.

I lean into his shoulder as his hand clasps mine.

"You enjoyed yourself and miss your family." He observes. "I can tell that indulging in that game earlier was pleasant for you but also rather wistful."

"You are right about that; my heart, this is the perfect way to wrap up the day, being here with you in this lovely, tranquil setting." I sigh happily. "Strangest thing happened while I was coming across the sand to join you ... or maybe not so peculiar. I was looking at you against the backdrop of all this beauty, and I found myself swept away by you, all over again, but more intensely because of our intervening time growing in knowledge, respect, appreciation, trust, and love for each other."

"You left out a crucial ingredient: passion. You are quite unreserved in that regard."

I laugh. "Oh, and do you blame me! I don't see you complaining." I wink.

He replies gently, "It does have more than its pragmatic and ostensible benefits, I will admit. It is not dificult to lose oneself in such a fashion, with you as the incentive."

"Then, let's have done with words, shall we?" I whisper.

By mutual agreement, we embrace and love one another on the soft golden sands, most pleasurably and at length.

The sea birds overhead and the cetaceans swimming and leaping near the shore are unwitting spectators, but we are blissfully oblivious.

++++++

LOL!!!!

SQUEEEEEEE! [face_love] [face_dancing]

Tags for:

Hazel

RX_Sith

earlybird-obi-wan

Huggies!

RX_Sith and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    AWw! I love the beach scene :)

Jade_eyes likes this.