main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009 & Beyond] An Abiding Treasure. New Post: June 17!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 22, 2012.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Jim and farmboy. Love that. They are both brash and getting into trouble frequently. And ladies men;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: A concurrent yet prequel of sorts to RX's next installment LOL

~~~~

Nyota was given warm glances of encouragement from all on the bridge, and Christine had given her a warm hug before rushing off to the Medbay.

Her family sent loving words:

"Stay strong, sweetheart." Her Mom sent.

"Keep us in the know." Her Dad said with deep gentleness.

"I wish I could bring you a baby koala from New Zealand," Her sister sent, "It's just so lovely here! But best best thing, we'll bring ourselves via intrasystem transport. Dajan's got the passes burning a hole in his pocket."

Nyota laughed through happy tears.

Chris commed up: "Len is working his magic down here. I'll comm you when we know anything definite."

Later on, she heard of the intense discussion that had gone on and felt her heart ache with ineffable gratitude for the gift and blessing she'd been granted. We are destined.

As for the bond, it wasn't tenuous due to the medical staff's hard work; but she did grasp it, pouring her essence into its strength and warmth. With this effort, it grew brighter.

She could feel the strands of her lover's essence-mind and heart, woven with her radiance, and his love for her, and silent promise of ever-and-always.

++++

SQUEE! [face_love] [face_love] !!!

RX_Sith Hazel earlybird-obi-wan

Mira_Jade - LOL Don't miss the update above this. [:D] ^:)^

3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Their inseparable bond that keeps their love for each other special with its strong link that provides the support that Nyota needs especially right now. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Sorry, wrong post. :)

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It's a good thing that Nyota can find comfort in their bond. :)

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] That koala would NOT be happy as a babysitter :p Great mental picture, though :D

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

Thanks for the great reviews/replies. @};-

There will be a sequel of sorts [face_dancing] which I can't wait to write LOL

This particular thread will have bunnies spawned off of drabble prompts when they can be mushified. :D
    There will be two more fic threads going up soon: a Jim/Audrey short story and early romance thread. Yumsy!

[face_love] !!!!!

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I am here! (I am out of town currently and the online time isn't what I thought it would be. [face_laugh])

BUT! I had to check in on these. :p This last one was just - the perfect addition to RX's fic. Their love was almost tangible there. I loved the mental connection during his recovery. Just too perfect for words. [face_love]

And the one before this one was a great moment. I had a laugh out loud there. [face_laugh]

=D=

And I CAN'T WAIT for the new fics. It sounds like it is going to be an awesome ride. [face_dancing]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX_Sith Hazel earlybird-obi-wan Mira_Jade

Huggles RX for the continued plot twisties although my mush-frustration [face_laugh] is pretty high. But that'll just make it more more worth it!! [face_dancing]

~~~~~~~

"Of all the assinine, hidebound ..." Nyota burst out to Audrey and added a few Correllian and Klingon curses along the way.

Audrey blinked. This elegant lady was outspoken, definitely, but she didn't know she was that fluent in the latter tongue!

;)

"I know this is hard, beyond hard for you, even though it's temporary ... I agree: you should be allowed special circumstances. I and my parents have connections and I know your family does too, but I don't know if they reach high enough." Audrey frowned. "I'm not too optimistic about destiny and my good judgment at the moment; I believe I've hit a rough patch in my relationship, one that will take major rebuilding."

Nyota's compassion was instantly engaged. "Tell me."

Audrey and she seated themselves on the couch then with ordered up slices of apple crisps. Audrey related everything that had happened.

"Whew! Do you even want to mend fences?"

"I know this will sound strange, or maybe not, but despite everything I feel we are destined, although forgiveness and trust will have to be strengthened again and won't be doled out automatically ... but I do understand what lay behind Jim's actions and that no real attachment was formed. My problem is what if and how to keep it from repeating in the future ... that's where a stronger bond between he and I comes in ... I know I'm ready to pursue it... My only question is when or whether he could or would be."

Nyota sighed. "Well, I know that if it were anyone but you, I'd be doubtful. But I believe you two will work it out, eventually. Carole's more like a Shira Brie, a last adolescent something or other. You're more like Mara, in temperament and resolve."

Audrey laughed. "If that isn't a compliment, I don't know what is."

"Then, sweetie, go snag you some hot Farmboy."

Nyota was able to grab a few minutes of quick hugs and assurances with her sister's family. Kashore just squeezed her fast and whispered, "I wish none of this had come to plague you!!!" Tears stood in her eyes.

Her sister wasn't one to love lightly and casually. Her love was deep, and it was unswerving. Her loyalty was just as rock-solid.

Nyota's vibrant and ebullient disposition ... her sister could tell it was feeling rather squashed at the moment. :( And that broke her heart. She knew she couldn't keep all hardships and travails away, but it was natural for her to not want to see her sister devastated, and to want to "fix" it. :) @};-

"Our connection took a major strain recently; being apart ..." Nyota breathed, and Kashore's sympathetic tears flowed.

Dajan squeezed Nyota's shoulder and said: "Damn it all! We have to do something!"

"I'll be grateful beyond words if you do but won't be holding you to blame if you can't." Nyota assured.

+++++++

RX_Sith likes this.
  10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great missing scene to RX's gripping adventure. =D=

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Fences have to be mended in regards to both Nyota's current predicament with Spock being once again torn apart from her and with Audrey and Jim since he still has that reckless abandon type behavior still a part of his personality. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great post linking to RX_Sith showing all the emotions

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Great scene with Nyota's family!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot! The best part has arrived LOL

~~~~~~

Whispering and Entwining

As the mission proceeded, I kept within touching distance with my beloved, and our heated glances told of our gladness at being together again.

Details of how things transpired are classified, but need hardly be guessed at, given the blend of resourcefulness and cohesiveness of our team. :)

When I told my sister what little I could, later, she laughed happily. "Oh, how rich!!!" was her comment. ;)

As soon as all had settled to relative calm, as calm as it ever gets, my love and I took ourselves off to a private lift car.

His hands reached for me immediately, encircling my waist in a crushing hug.

His fervid kiss was intense and made me purr and hum with long-deferred delight.

When the lift stoppped, we hurried to get behind even more closed doors.

With the door sealed shut, I grinned. "I had a special inscription made for this locket with our picture in it. I haven't taken it off since before all this happened. It was a symbol of my hope, the truth of all you are to me."

The inscription read: "You are the center of my galaxy, my angel, and my everything."

"Nyota, I felt you ... strengthening our bond in a way that only an adept could have instructed you, yet you did it instinctively." He murmured, marvelling, caressing me, and divesting me of each article of my work outfit, with reverent, savoring hands.

I leaned into the touches. "It was something I needed to do, lover." I breathed, cupping his face in my two eager hands, planting kisses here and there, saving the delectable ears for last, to which loving gesture I had to add a nibble.

"I missed you, the feel of you, the sound and taste of you." I continued, reciprocating with caresses and happy disrobement of my darling.

He gripped me in a fierce hold, and we landed in an unbreakable embrace on the bed, molded so tightly we couldn't tell where one of us ended and the other began, sealing ourselves at the lips for starters.

A breathless, ecstatic interval later, our souls whispered and entwined with a tender: "I love you!"

I stirred in my love's hold sometime close to morning and sighed in bliss and contented serenity.

"I almost thought I was dreaming, that you were with me again."

"It is not a dream, my own ashal-veh." Was the warm, reassuring reply.

I smiled. "If it is, please do not waken me!!! I feel like the pieces of my heart are in their proper places, again, at last."

"Indeed? As do I."

We shared a loving, lengthy glance.

He started to lavish kisses on me again, his thirst and hunger for me unslaked as mine was for him.

[face_dancing] ^:)^

++++

Gooifies!

earlybird-obi-wan Mira_Jade

RX_Sith Hazel

RX_Sith likes this.
  15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    All is well that ends well [face_love]

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautiful reciprocating effects of love and passion as Nyota and Spock finally get time to enjoy each others' many amenities. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely words and lovely to see them together again[face_dancing]=D=

Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    The update before this one - wow! :eek: Talk about packing a punch. :( Audrey was facing some really, really tough choices there and answering the hard questions. I look forward for her and Kirk's bond being rebuilt and strengthened again in the future. And then it was great seeing her be there for Nyota in the awful mess of that situation too. Kashore too was a great addition - how it must rankle, to want to help and not be able to do anything. I can only imagine being in that situation as one outside and looking in. :(

And then the second one - cue the melted fangirl goo! Perfectly worded and elegantly told. [face_love] That was just lovely to read. =D=

[:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX_Sith Hazel earlybird-obi-wan Mira_Jade ... Inspired by "East of the Sun's" Trapped and Escape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feeling Boxed In, then Free

"It was like being stuck underground in those mountain caves with you, when we were eight and feeling adventurous." Nyota rolled her eyes. After that experience, it had been awhile before she felt the tug of embracing such again, and never, ever, that particular kind of experience with its concomitant sensations of being closed in.

"Somehow, the shuttle's compensators had been dinged by a passing meteorite in drydock; the fracture line was microscopic, but going through atmosphere stressed it and stretched it. Whatever the cause the techs provided, it gave me more than a moment's unhappy recollection. I need hardly relate that my first, overriding thought was to escape! To breathe fresh air again!"

Nyota sighed ruefully and continued with her letter. "Back then, I was never more relieved to see daylight again! I love you for not teasing me about it. You were very sympathetic, although others in your place might have thought it an occasion for merciless teasing. On this occasion, I and the others came through unscathed, thankfully. I took a few deep breaths and had a long, relaxing soak in the tub afterwards."

Nyota laid down her stylus, and her eyes grew lovingly dreamy.

Her ever-present entwinement with Spock had given her instant calm, as he simultaneously gave her renewed equanimity and assured himself of her well-being. She had felt like she was in sunlight and open air, able to breathe in the balm of that mental touch.

Yet, even through the haze and jumble of her own emotions from the past and present, she had sent him warm assurances of her safety.

Just another proof of the indispensability and handiness of this great and wonderful link we share. Nyota concluded happily.

"Well, darling, that's one experience I'm glad to be on the other side of!" She exclaimed, sinking into the fragrant bubbles.

"Yes, I've had better days. Seeing that compensator go ..." He trailed off, stroking hands through her hair and tickling her neck under the shimmering curtain as she leaned back and closed her eyes.

"Gave you quite the turn. And let me thank you very much for infusing me with peace of mind in the midst of it."

"I do understand your aversion to closed in spaces, although you've never made it a point to stress it, nor has it ever interfered with your efficiency."

"It's one of those pivotal events that you don't dwell on." Nyota chuckled. "Or as seldom as possible."

"Love?" She pressed after a pause. "Join me, and this evening will more than make up for the day."

Mirth and something else altogether flashed in his dark eyes. "An excellent suggestion."

Within a few seconds, he had joined her ... and their mutual fondles and kisses, long and adoring, soothed any residual unpleasantness and stirred pleasanter feelings and reactions for each.

+++++

[face_laugh] ^:)^

RX_Sith likes this.
  20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very sweet! [:D]

21. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Excellence all around as Nyota and Spock enjoy another make up session.

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! I loved the start of this with Nyota writing Kashore to tell her about what happened. And then, as ever, the aftermath was sweet indeed to read. :p [face_love] I love how you took two hundred words and really, really fleshed it out. :D [:D]

Just another proof of the indispensability and handiness of this great and wonderful link we share. Nyota concluded happily.

A perfect summation! [face_love]

=D=

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely memories and a sweet post

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. [:D] A 2-fer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hazel Mira_Jade earlybird-obi-wan RX_Sith

~~~~~~

Inspired by Stars and Lightning =D= in Mira's East of the Sun. Bolded portions are direct quotes. @};-

~~~~~~

Sometimes, being around the pair of them was like being too close to lightning – feeling heat and light and waiting for the sound of thunder to follow. Spock smiled his best not-smile when around her, and Nyota bit her lip as if amused by something only she could hear – and Kirk knew.

Across the rec room, Audrey chuckled. "Gaila felt it as golden between them, and so do I. When Nyota and I talked about this empathic color-sense, she was very happy about it. She said he makes her feel all sunshiny on the inside, like someone who's been locked away all winter and is coming out into the spring meadows. Like flowers learning to bud again." Audrey sighed. "Their love ... it's a great deal of what you have to thank for me giving the two of us another go, besides all the other reasons." She winked.

Jim sighed in thankfulness and his smile lit his blue eyes up from the inside. He squeezed Audrey's hand. "Here's to a superb example, then."

*~*~

They were flying through a cluster of infant stars. The billowing clouds of gas were full of light and life – awe inspiring as they burned on in the start of their lives.

The Enterprise had slowed to a slow idle in order to leave the fledgling giants undisturbed, giving them a perfect view of the phenomena right beyond them.

Spock had been sitting quietly beside her the whole time, his hand playing idly in her hair as she rested her head on his shoulder. She closed her eyes, surrounded by warmth and starlight and the quiet hum of his mind against hers, and knew peace.

"I love this view." Nyota murmured. "Majestic and lovely."

"Yes." Was the ready agreement.

"Darling, you're not looking out the viewport." She laughed.

He (actually) was gazing at her, how the myriad lights played upon her skin and eyes.

"Gaila told me once when you and I were just friends, when we ran into each other on the Commons, you gazed at me as if you found me lovely, even then. I was happy to hear it, but didn't dare to hope ... She also told me more than once you were "delicious." Nyota laughed in fond recollection. "She was right, although she knew only of such in the abstract, visual sense. I, who have had the joy and honor of tasting ..." She leaned in and gave his nearest ear an adoring lick and nibble.

His arm around her shoulders tightened.

"Nyota," He breathed, capturing her lips in a long, eagerly reciprocated kiss or several.

Nyota beamed inwardly. That gesture of hers, inspired by her enduring fascination with his ears, never failed to get a reaction, one she welcomed avidly, from her lover.

She reached across to him, and their ever-present bond sprang to deeper intensity and radiance, thrumming as with a thousand harps and bells.

She sighed with inner joy.

/I adore you./ Was her tender whisper.

/And I, you. I am so pleased,/ Spock returned, the mention of earlier times bringing this to mind, /You persuaded me that you belonged with me, on the Enterprise./

Nyota wound herself even more tightly around him, pulling him down to lie curled into and around her on the long couch.

/I wasn't about to let your sense of propriety keep us apart! We have our own logic, you know. The logic of destiny./

/Indeed./

He pulled away from her voracious kisses long enough to privatize the observation lounge and computer-code the lock so no one could just ... walk in.

The pair of them didn't want to be interrupted in their very pleasant, mutually distracting, amorous activities.

+++++

[face_laugh] [face_dancing] Buya! [face_laugh] ^:)^

RX_Sith likes this.
  25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    "delicious." Yes, that accurately describes Spock ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.