main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Chasing Stars - UDC VI - Week 19 & 20 up 10/15 - COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Master_Jaina1011, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Jade: I figured you would enjoy that set. And to give you inspiration on your challenge.

Mira: I loved the time travel set. It was so much fun to write. And the last set was inspired by Voyager's episode "Workforce." I was just glad it flowed.

Now for some more random ones...

Week Ten: Before the Of!

46. Return

Kathryn Janeway stared at the red head before her imploringly.

?All I want is to get my crew home.? Audrey nodded, understandingly. Being in charge of a large ship in the Delta Quadrant has taken a toll on the captain before her.

?And all I want is the get home to my ship, my crew,? she replied, rubbing her belly gently.

Janeway looked at her inquisitively. ?You mean??

?My home is not Earth,? the newly promoted Captain replied, ?My home is with my husband, my friends, and the ship I call the Enterprise.?

?We will get you home, I promise.?

47. Revenge

Held in the Klingon prison, Nero has many nights, days, years to plan his revenge for the destruction of his homeworld. Even the sneers of the Klingons didn?t faze him.

Bribing those around him was more difficult, as he tried to form a plan on reclaiming the only piece of home he had left. Conversing with his other shipmates, he knew instinctively that they would have only one chance at this.

He had to show Spock the destruction of his own homeworld, the destruction of Vulcan would make him an enemy to be reckoned with.

It was time for revenge.

48. Curse

?I am going to kill that petaQ!? Audrey screamed, gripping the sheets on the biobed fiercely.

Bones smirked, eyes scanning the readouts. ?Well Jim, she?s cursing in Klingon now. I suggest you??

Screams of Romulan and Vulcan curses came from the other side of the room, mostly directed at Spock.

Christine chuckled, looking at Jim, whose face was red with exertion.

Outside, Chekov and Sulu were conversing on the languages both women were using.

?Ten credits, the Lieutenant will use Andorian next.?

?Twenty on Pearce using Klingon and Bolian??

?By now boys, they have to be using telepathic communication.?

49. Wrath

?Sulu??

?No, Captain. Last time you were in my quarters overnight, I was kicked out.?

Silence.

?Chekov??

?Sorry Keptin, I have Alpha and Beta shift tomorrow. You snore.?

Heavy Sigh.

?Spock??

?Logic dictates that Nyota has the last say, and unfortunately I am also out of a place to sleep tonight.?

?Don?t even think about it kid, I like to keep on the good side of my pregnant patients.?

?Please Bones??

?Not in a million years.?

?But you lived with me for three years.?

?Which was enough for me!?

?Spock, how does sleeping in the mess hall sound??

?Finally, solutions!?

50. Attack

The attacks on the Enterprise were happening every thirty minutes. It was as if they would weaken their shields to a percentage, then back off leaving the crew on edge. This war was getting to a point where Jim was thinking about somehow finding a quiet planet in the Delta Quadrant.

?Sulu status??

?Shields at forty five percent Captain. Another shot and we might lose structural integrity on the lower decks.?

?Scotty, how about that warp drive??

?Still offline Captain! But I promise you just a few more minutes.?

?We will keep on fighting, to the very end. Fire Sulu!?

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there! Great to see these up.

And a fun read it was, too. [face_mischief] I think two bunnies just bit for my ficlets.

Jim and Spock need to know that the threats to 'vape' don't take for long [face_laugh] In the magnificent Hazel-verse, Mara lets Luke off the hook to the extent that after Ben, they have twin girls and another son [face_laugh]

Much better sized family LOL :cool:

Yes, I do believe an ST/SW cross is in order [face_dancing]

[face_dancing]

Liz, Audrey, Nyota, and Mara have a gal pal get together.

Then when the couples reunite, the mush ... foursquared! SQUEE!!

[face_laugh]

Huggles!!!!

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my god, but Shannon, you have a gift for humor. [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Curse and Wrath - they are two of my favorites of all of the weeks to date. Just perfect. [face_laugh]=D=

And then Revenge was chilling from Nero's point of view, he is such a fun and twisted charachter to pull an introspection on. =D=

Great work with these, as always! [:D]

And then:

[face_hypnotized]

So much to squee over in one place . . . This fangirl may not know what to do with herself after reading that. [face_laugh] :p

~MJ @};-

4. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Oh man, a SW/ST crossover? I suggest one of you do because I have WAY too much on my plate.

Thank you though.

Week Eleven: After the Of!

If Today was Your Last Day

51. Death

Death was a part of life. It was something every Starfleet officer dealt with upon entering the Academy and then getting their assignment. Standing at the window, Spock contemplated just that. It was unlike Vulcans to dwell on such things, but on the year anniversary of his mother?s death and subsequently the fall of Vulcan, he thought about it.

The candles still lit the black sky, devoid of the home he once knew. One by one, the crew of the Enterprise filed in, their dress uniforms pressed, their white gloves a contrast to the darkness.

Hands joined, together they mourned.

52. Doom

?We?re doomed!? Bones grumbled, the clouds darkening overhead, the wind picking up.

Nyota cocked an eyebrow, smirking. ?You sounding like the protocol droid that movie Jim made us watch last week.?

?All I said was we?re doomed. Which we are if Scotty can?t get a fix on us.?

?Ah, it?s not that bad,? Audrey replied, when a gust of wind, blew her over. ?Never mind, I shouldn?t have said that.?

?No wonder Scotty can?t beam us up. This storm is resonating with so much electrical power it must be playing with our sensors.?

?As I told ya?ll before, we?re doomed.?

53. Terror

Jim sighed, leaning against the bulkhead, wore out. His little terrors, otherwise known as his children, were set on driving him insane. When did he ever agree to children?

Oh yes four years ago when George was born. Actually it was before that, when Audrey had absolutely freaked out about having a family. They hadn?t had the best examples of parenting, but so far they had faired well.

?George Kelvin Kirk, you get back here this instant, or I swear to the??

Two more flashes ran by him this time not his children, silently cursing the genetics of his children.

54. Peril

For some weird reason, the women of the Enterprise seemed to find themselves in perilous situations more often than not. Audrey surmised they were put in these situations because the men wanted to play their knights in shining armor. Nyota surmised that Audrey had the worst luck ever and Christine just happened to be along.

This time however, it was their time to shine. Rescuing their respective partners was a task and a half, entailing slinky dressed, intricate hairdos and stilettos.

Staring at the bashful men behind the bars, the women crossed their arms. ?What did you do this time??

55. Shadow

Sulu looked around at his counterparts and himself, and saw shadows of themselves. Instead of seeing smiling, joking faces, he saw the withdrawn, battle hardened faces of his best friends. He had stepped down from his captaincy for this, to fight alongside his comrades, the people who made him.

?Seven more ships along our port bow, sir.? Closing his eyes, he felt the Enterprise moved to his whim, move with him.

Admiral James T. Kirk nodded grimly. Commanding a fleet was different from a starship but they had each other.

?Orders, sir??

Sulu looked beyond the shadows and saw light.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    A bit darker than usual, but very nice!

My favorite line:

Sulu looked beyond the shadows and saw light.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there!!! Fun! set!

Jim with his younglings ;)

Bones saying: we're doomed! And Ny saying he sounds like Goldenrod, rofl

Death and the first anniversary -- @};- @};- My sweet ... heart! (No, I will not say pookie bear!) [face_laugh] !!

:cool: beans seeing Jim as an Admiral =D= and Sulu as a Captain is always super.

But the corker, Shannon, was the one that reminded me of Exonerated. Yuppers, you've been hanging out with Nanci too much :* :* !!!!!!!!

Now the guys get to help their ladies out of their sexy, sassy outfits, slowly, toe-curlingly - behind closed doors.

I may have to tackle an SW/ST crossover along with my Kyp diary for 2012 -- lots of =P~ into a bucket! Kyp and Spock shirtless -- oh yesssssss! Happy wriggling!

Huggles!!!

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, these were marvelous. =D=

Death was my favorite, hands down. I loved the heavy feeling of it - and then the last line of it, so much like healing! [face_love] It was lovely to see the candles pop up again - your imagery there was poignant. =D=

Peril was full of laughs, and then Shadows was such an interesting glimpse of the future! I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more drabbles along that line. [face_thinking]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

8. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade: I wanted a glimpse into the future with the Kirk kids. and Spock and Nyota's. As for hanging out with Nanci, we talk about our fics whenever we are together. And we roomed together at DragonCon. So yes I have been spending way too much time with Nanci!

Mira: I came up with Death while thinking of what to do for a 9/11 tribute viggie. In my mind, I just imagined them standing there, looking out the viewport, standing at attention as they watched the candles. And then the gloves are what did it for me. Just imagining all of them, hands on each other shoulders, the gloves gleaming in the darkness.

Wow did I just write that in a review? So yes that one was definitely my favorite.

Drabbles of the future? How about an actual, full length fic? :D This verse is so much fun!

And here's a glimpse of a sequel I am planning.

56. Prime

?I don?t see how the Prime Directive had anything to do with getting Jim, Spock and McCoy! Honestly I don?t think I can handle being Captain much longer!?

?Headaches I take it?? Pike replied, watching the red head before him rubbing her temples.

?Like you wouldn?t believe. Scary part is this crew will follow wherever I go. I just need a plan.?

?Well you have one??

?Just not approved by the Admiralty. Right. I would be demoted to Ensign to get my people rescued.?

?I will get Jim back. I don?t care how, the Prime Directive can go to hell.?

57. Composite

?I?m sorry, Commander, I mean, Captain, I didn?t get a really good look at him.? The ensign stammered, eyes averting Audrey?s gaze. Her empath senses were on high alert after a spy had weakened their systems and managed to kidnap the three most important people on this ship.

Two days in, and Starfleet Command had seen fit to give her the field rank of Captain and therefore the Enterprise. This was not how she envisioned her promotion.

?You do know, and you?re afraid of any backlash. I?m an empath, Ensign and you?re lying.?

?I really don?t??

?Who is it Ensign??

58. Deficient

?You are aware, Captain, that you are deficient in your nutrient supplements? So I must recommend you take a break and eat some sustenance.?

Audrey looked up sharply from her desk and glared at the Vulcan doctor. Here she thought with Spock, and McCoy gone, she wouldn?t be subject to their harping. She swore the new CMO was Bones? way of teasing her from afar.

?And you are aware that not only is your commanding officer kidnapped but also this ship?s rightful Captain and First Officer?? For once the Vulcan remained silent. ?Food can wait, this cannot. You are dismissed.?

59. Perfect

She had the perfect plan. PERFECT!

And what is she doing now?

Emptying her stomach in the toilet before her. This was absolutely insane. This wasn?t supposed to happen like this. He was supposed to be around for this. She wasn?t supposed to be by herself.

She leaned against the cool plane of glass behind her, willing the nausea to go away. Her headaches were getting worse, and the fatigue was unbearable. But she couldn?t let up now. They were so close.

Rubbing her abdomen absently, she silently wondered what this child could be like.

Outgoing?

Friendly?

Reserved?

No.

Perfect.

60. Abundant

Scotty always somehow had an abundance of alcohol around. He was usually tooling around with the Enterprise engines, and warp cores and sometimes tinkering with the computer. The latter was to the surprise of Audrey, who being fairly proficient with interfaces, managed to give him a talking to. Henceforth he always ran it by her if he ever wanted to tinker with the computer interface.

However, at this very second, she needed Scotty?s expertise because with this plan she needed him. And she needed his alcohol.

This ship was going to get their captain, first officer and grumpy CMO back.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantabulous and riveting sneak peek =D= Audrey is awesome as a captain. @};-

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I LOVE this verse. [face_love]

Prime: Our girl, kicking butt. :cool:

Composite: [face_devil]:cool: Have I mentioned that she rocks in this role? Great action, great quick pace with these, as well.

Deficiant: [face_laugh] Yep, McCoy would be rolling at that. :p

Perfect: [face_love] THIS one. Such a wonderful cocktail of hope and despair, and that age old awe . . . Wonderful. =D=

Abundant: Go get 'em, gal. [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

11. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade, Mira: Thank you! I love seeing Audrey in this setting too. It's coming I promise!

Week Thirteen: Pixar!

The Next Generation

61. Toys

?Who knew children could have so many toys!? Audrey exclaimed, her red hair wild and untamed. Bending down to pick up even more objects for her son, she groaned.

Nyota laughed. ?That?s what we get for not only having grandparents who adore spoiling their grandchildren, but also an entire ship.?

The dark skinned woman jumped when a squeak emitted from beneath her and picked the toy up. Audrey smirked. ?See what I mean??

?Spock keeps all the toys for Grayson organized.?

?He?s OCD. Jim and I? are too busy to keep it all organized and our son inherited our traits.?

62. Bugs

?Daddy look!? Amelia Kirk squealed, her hand covered in dirt. Jim looked up and saw something jump from her hand. George was the cleanest of his three children, and Amelia had inherited her mother?s deposition for exploring everything.

?And what do you have there, princess?? he asked, wincing at what she possibly could have caught. He made a mental note t hand her off to his mother for some serious scrubbing.

Amelia opened her hand, her blue eyes twinkling. Soon, a grasshopper jumped from her hand onto Jim?s shirt. Shaking his head, he kissed her head, reveling in his happiness.

63. Monsters

?Daddy, Daddy? no!? A high pitched squealed sounded, making Audrey turn around to see Jim bend and pick up their youngest, Amy, twirling her around. She heard other giggle and saw Nyota and Spock?s younglings sitting in a corner, giggling at the sight of their Uncle Jim playing the tickle monster.

Audrey smiled, watching her husband of ten years tickle each child as if they were his own. A squack interrupted her thoughts and she grinned at the hazel eyes of Iris McCoy.

?Do you feel left out? I?m sure I could get Uncle Jim over here.?

?Here he comes!?

64. Heroes

George Kirk stood at the Vulcan Memorial and the Kelvin Memorial, he handed run against the smooth stone. He was a lasting part of this legacy, one that will probably last centuries knowing the way his family reproduced. He was expecting his third child, his sister her second and John McCoy his first. Even the Sulus and Chekovs had their own broods.

?They are heroes, the lot of them.?

?That they are. My heroes to be exact. I just hope that one day I can live up to what they did.?

?You will, laddie.?

?Oh, Scotty, I sure hope so.?

65. Rats

?Oh come on, you stupid piece of crap!? Jamie Kirk yelled, hitting the console of the shuttle in front of you. ?My diagnostics are correct!?

?If you hit it any harder, dear, I don?t think it would work even for those lab rats.?

?Dad!? Jaime exclaimed, tackling her father in a hug. ?I didn?t know you were back from assignment.?

Admiral George Kirk regarded his youngest daughter in reverence. She apparently inherited the Kirk family blue eyes and his mother?s red hair.

?Wanna take her for a ride?? he asked, pointing at the shuttle.

?Tom would kill me? so?oh rats.?

Jaime Kirk is one of my starring characters in my Star Trek:Voyager reboot era fic.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Shannon! Oh I love seeing all these bright-eyed mischievous younglings. Jim as a daddy with two girls - is that sweet or what? D'aww!

Daddy Spock is just something beyond - edible. I wanna spread raw cake batter all over him and just -- [face_laugh] [face_mischief] erm ...

Thanks for the marvy read!

Large, fat! Huggles!

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, these are so cute! I love seeing the kids [face_love]

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Toys: [face_laugh] I loved how domestic this one was. How priceless. [face_love]

Bugs: [face_love]

Heroes: It was so nice to see the next generation of heroes here. My heart was leaping up in my throat with this one. [face_love]

Rats: I am LOVING your Jaime! It is so neat to see this family through the generations.

Very, very well done! =D=

~MJ @};-

15. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade - it was your story that inspired the names for the two girls. I figured girls would give Audrey and Jim a heart attack.

Nat- Thanks. I loved writing the next generation.

Mira- I loved domestic. It's fun and I love Jaime too. She's a combination of her father, her grandparent and other influences. But she is by far a Daddy's girl.

And next up, we have the parent's of our heroes... and Pike. He counts as a parent in my eyes!

Week 14
    Where Our Heroes Came From

UDC I ? Week 20
    97. steer by the stars

When the Admiralty had told him he had the Enterprise, Pike jumped for joy. So at the first chance he got, he traveled out to Iowa to see her. She was bare bones, but a beauty nonetheless.

She was his haven, the one woman who would have his undying devotion. He came back every chance he had and soon enough, she floated to the sky, ready for departure.

One week before her ceremony, he walked her halls, running his hands against the smooth bulkheads.

?Hi,? he whispered softly, smiling. ?I?m your captain.?

She sounded back and he knew-she was his.

UDC II ? Week 3
    12. Father

Jim, Audrey, McCoy and Spock all sat around one day, talking about their fathers. Jim had never knew his father, however as years went by, more stories surfaced from Pike about him.

Audrey reveled in the time she had spent with her father on various ships, and planets, but remembered his time at home more than anything.

McCoy followed in his father?s footsteps and became a galaxy renowned doctor, now tasked with healing his captain and the crew.

Spock stayed quiet, contemplating his father. Nodding, he lifted his glass and proposed a toast to the men who shaped their lives.

UDC III- Week 17
    81. Head Over Heels

Amanda was in love.

With a Vulcan. Groaning, she put her head in her hands, and reached blindly for the wine left over from her date with the Vulcan Ambassador.

Only a woman like her would fall for the cold as ice Vulcan. But she knew, SHE KNEW, that somewhere there was a warm, sensual side of them.

She just had to find it. Looking at the vintage wine, she took a gulp of it and stood up. She wasn?t going down without a fight.

Amanda looked at the door and sighed. She was head over heels for a Vulcan.

UDC IV -Week 18 ?
    86. Red

Gavin saw a flash of red hair and he was immediately distracted from his calculations on the screen in front of him. There were many red heads in the class and he was immediately intrigued.

Craning his neck, he saw the woman staring back at him. She cocked her head, and he felt the instinct to talk to her.

Walking the few feet to where she was, he stopped and smiled. Before him was the most beautiful woman he ever saw.

?I?m Gavin Pearce.? He held his hand, waiting. Soon, her hand clasped his.

?Auriana Dooling.?

Gavin was in love.

UDC V ? Week 20
    96. Girl

?You?re my girl,? George whispered to Winona, who was currently cuddled in his arms in the grass. Christopher Pike was sitting next to them, rolling his eyes.

?You two make sick,? he mumbled, eyeing the girl cadets walking before him.

?Like you couldn?t have one of those women at your side in a moment,? Winona retorted, reaching out to slap the other man.

Pike shook his head, smiling. ?Nah, the only girl of my dreams is the prototype Constitution class ship.?

?You know there are other women out there other than a ship.? Smack. ?You?re mine, Winona, no matter what.?

Reasons you can tell you're bored at work... you can write and catch up on drabbles.

Yeahhh...

16. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Yep, I'm bored. I cannot believe how fast I wrote these.

Week Fifteen: Five Little Deadlies!

71. Avarice

When he was younger, Chekov always craved more knowledge. His greed for knowing everything caused him to be outcast, secluded in his home country of Russia.

His eyes usually never left a PADD, and sometimes his mother wondered if this kind of greed was bad.

Soon enough, her child genius was recruited by Starfleet and his beaming face over the comm was almost enough to settle her nerves.

Pavel even wondered if his thirst for knowledge would lead to more bullying, to more teasing, but in the end a man of great wonder saw his potential.

Pike believed in him.

72. Envy

The women on the command crew were not immune to envy as the men found out. They were a deadly bunch and usually teamed up with each other to make sure other women knew to stay away from their men.

Especially after the miraculous rescue of their men, the women flocked to them. Audrey stood to the side, sipping her wine, eyeing the blonde who was intent on rubbing herself against her Jim.

Nyota stood next to her, her bond bright with green, watching as two brunettes tried to vie for Spock.

Christine held her hypo close and smiled ferally.

73. Gluttony

Scotty was usually found in Engineering, near the warp core, or in the Jeffries tubes with some kind of sandwich in his mouth.

If he wasn?t working, he was in the mess hall, stuffing his face with whatever food he could scrounge up.

Spock had found him face first in a plate of potato hash one night, snoring up a storm. Jim had caught him in the Jeffries tube, munching on a two foot long roast beef sandwich half asleep.

When Audrey and Nyota were pregnant, they were just happy to have someone else who also ate like a cow.

74. Lust

It surprised Christine to be staring at McCoy like she was. Currently she was holding her PADD?s, watching as the doctor gently let Jim and Audrey see their child. Bent over, she could help but admire the physique the doctor had.

Audrey looked over at her and smirked, then turned her own to her husband, whose face was alight with pride. It was her attraction to Jim that had gotten them there in the first place.

Christine smiled, and stepped back, determining it was time to act on her feelings. All these pregnancies were getting to her.

McCoy was hers.

75. Pride

Most of the command crew of the Enterprise all suffered from some sort of pride. But the worst offenders were usually Jim and Audrey, who together had the biggest egos of the ship. They even tried to pin some of it on Spock, who in return usually told them that Vulcans do not suffer from pride.

Between the Captain and the Chief of Intelligence and Security, the two wound up in more trouble because they always knew in the back of their minds they could get out of it. It was their out of box thinking that usually helped them.

Hmmm... one more? Maybe.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Master Jay! Here's to a slow day at work! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] !!!!

Woot! Cool drabble with Pike - sweeeeet captainly pride and boyish eagerness, which Jim has in spades too LOL

I loved the talk about dads. D'aww!

Amanda being in love -- yum, yum! Cold as ice -- oh, sweetie girl, if you only knew the fire that burns and the beauty that lies there just waiting to be aroused and stirred by a lady who deserves to receive it! :) :)

Gluttony -- yup, I can relate [face_laugh] love and live to eat ;)

I LOLed at Christine's reaction to the Doc -- all these pregnancies indeed [face_mischief] McCoy's apparently a sleeper hottie [face_laugh]

Pride -- I can believe it! :p Rather like throwing H/L and L/M into the mix and quadrupling it [face_laugh]

Envy -- in RedGold's "Symbols", Mara tossed Isolder into a fountain -- by accident Is there a fountain where 'Rey and Ny can take care of the competition?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"Where's your lightsaber, Ny?"

"Don't worry, 'Rey. My holdout blaster's in my right red boot."

[face_laugh]

FAT! [:D] !!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to more!

:* !!

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but these were fun!

In the first set, I really enjoyed how Girl and Steer By the Stars mirrored each other. You have always been great writing Pike, and it was neat to see him in a position reminiscent of Jim's in the film the first time he sees the Enterprise. And then George/Winona with Pike to boot! I don't know what I did to deserve that, but it totally put the hugest grin on my face. [face_love]

And then the next set - Envy was definitely my favorite. Sounds like it is go time for the girls. [face-devil][face_whistling] :p

=D=

~MJ @};-

19. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade: Well I am glad I inspired that little ficlet. Envy was by far my favorite.

Mira: I love Pike. Can you tell? And I love the Enterprise. Actually that was inspired by Janeway talking to Voyager, and I have a feeling most captains talk to their ships like that. I mean I talk to my car like that. And my phone.

As for Envy, it was by far my favorite. I love seeing our gals show who's boss.

Now for Week sixteen. Week 17 is in the works, but I'm playing around with it and need my home computer to check on it.

Week 17 - "Time and time again..."

76. Pow!

The sounds of fists hitting the punching bag alerted McCoy to the mood his best friend was in. He and Audrey had just gotten into another fight, when he heard another bag being punched. Grabbing his dermal regenerator and hypos, he started toward the blonde first.

?Jim??

?Not now, Bones.? Another punch landed and Bones winced at the impact. He might have more than broken knuckles to deal with.

?Don?t take it out on the bag, Jim!? Audrey sounded, her face matching her hair.

?I?m not taking it out on you.?

?Oh yes you are. Get over here now.?

?Audrey??

77. Bang!

A bang sounded off the port side of the shuttle and Bones jumped. Then another one sounded and Bones started to visibly shake.

?Jim, is everything ok up there??

?Just fine, just fine. Spock, compensate for the atmospheric conditions?SULU!?

?What? That wasn?t me!?

?It had to be me, only pilots can do? WATCH OUT!?

Bones gripped the seats. ?You?re not helping, boys,? Audrey said, padding Bones on the shoulder.

?Sorry but we weren?t prepared for this electrical storm.? Bang! ?That didn?t sound good.?

?That it was not, Captain. It seems we have lost our starboard thrusters.?

?That?s it, we?re crashing!?

78. Boom!

The ship shuddered with the impact of the explosion before them and Jim sighed a little with relief. Until he heard Scotty cursing over the comm system and shook his head.

Another boom rocked them, and he knew that they weren?t out of the woods yet. ?Commander??

?Two more warhsips dropped out of warp!? Audrey shouted, over the commotion that was the bridge. Another shot rocketed him out of his seat and he groaned.

?Scotty!?

?Aiye, Captain. I?m working on that? Krestin! Get on tha? leak will ya??

?Leak??

?I got it under control!?

?Sure..?

?I swear! No over there!?

79. Zap!

?Ow! That hurt!?

Another zap came from the stun baton and Jim just winced. He circled the red head before him, who had an evil grin on her face.

She twirled her baton, the grin getting wider and wider. He thought after years of being together that he would be able to match her moves, but she calculated every single move she made. He, however, still jumped into action without thinking.
    And it was costing him tons of zaps from the stun baton. She opened herself up for attack. ?Come on pretty boy, try to beat me!?

?Oh I will.?

80. Pop!

Jim lifted himself out his chair to greet his old friends, one by one, as they entered the home they had built after the war. His joints popped, making Bones smile at him.

?Getting old there, Jim?? Blue eyes glared at the retired doctor, when his wife glided in, laughing.

?I?ll never get old.?

?Right and I?m Wendy.?

?Well you are a red head!?

?You certainly aren?t Peter Pan.?

?Please he?s always in Neverland. In the past forty years, he?s never grown up.?
    ?Hey I?m right here you know!?

?Who?s talking again??

?I don?t know.?

?Some things will never change.?

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh the awesome! awesome! snark! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Bones is such a little boy sometimes but then again so is Jim ;) but when he and Audrey get together, sparring, or venting steam, or other fun stuff - how like L/M they are! [face_mischief]

And erm, Jim has the tight butt and fine abs to match our blue-eyed farmboy from Tatooine too ;) woot!

@};-

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, these were really cute :)

22. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Jade: Aww, thanks.

Nat: Thank you!

A/N: I played a little with this set. I introduced some really cool characters, and timeline issues. Mainly this was inspire by Fringe. What can I say I'm a sucker for sci fi shows. Tell me what you think!

Week Seventeen: It's an Honor Just to Be Nominated!

Erased from Existence

81. Inception

Something was off, but Audrey couldn?t put her finger on it. Her senses were telling her something different that what she was experiencing. Staring out in the dark sky, she sighed. This ship would never be hers; it would always be Pike?s.

?Captain?? A voice sounded from the door. She turned and saw Spock standing there.

?Something?s wrong Spock, but I can?t put my finger on it.?

?I can sense it too.?

?I mean was this all supposed to happen? This war? What if it turned out differently??

?The only logical explanation would be an altered timeline.?

?Let?s find out.?

82. Babe

?Hey Babe, I am pretty sure this is not how we left Earth in this reality.? Commander Adrian Holloway said, looking at the empty sky that no longer held Earth. They had just arrived back to Earth to find it not there.

?Are we in the right reality?? Captain Melody Holloway asked when their operations lieutenant interrupted.

?We have an incoming message, Captain.? She nodded and before her appeared Audrey Pearce with Captain?s insignia.

?This is Captain Audrey Pearce of the Starship Enterprise; you have entered a no fly zone in Federation Space.?

Yes, this timeline had definitely been altered.

83. Network

In her vast network of spies, or what was left of Starfleet Intelligence, she had never heard of a Starship Continuum. Audrey crossed her arms, looking at the young crew around her. They were the only defense left in the Sol system and now she was staring at a very advanced starship.

?How do I know you?re telling the truth?? The other female captain steely expression did not help her case. She looked at someone beside her.

?If I am correct, Captain, you sense something is off. This is my area of expertise Audrey; let us help return our Earth.?

84. Avatar

?Audrey?? She opened her eyes to darkness, meaning it wasn?t time for her shift yet. Closing her eyes, she heard it again.

? ?Rey?? She bolted upright and searched the room with her mind and found no one except a faint ebb.

?Help me, please.? Gripping the sheets, she controlled her breathing.

?Computer- lights.? Before her stood an empty room, except for a blue orb of light. It shimmered out of existence and she sat there, dumbfounded.

?Spock to Captain Pearce.?

?I saw it too, Spock. Get Captain Holloway on the line. We need to work and now. It?s time. ?

85. Traffic

Jim stood in the middle of San Francisco, the sun shining bright on him. Around horns honked, traffic moving around him. He felt himself fade days ago, his existence wiped out.

Before him, stood a red head and a brunette, both of whom stopped before him. ?Let me guess, between the two of you, you stopped my mother from destroying us when my dad died.?

?If you remember, I?m perceptive. Despite what you think.?

Melody Holloway smiled. ?As always, Kirk it?s be a pleasure working with you.?

?Audrey you ready??

In the air, a whisper carried saying, ?Never Forget, Jim.?

23. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Week Eighteen: Tale of the Creators!

86. Direct

Jim had a flair of being able to direct people in times of crisis. You could often see him on the bridge, giving orders to every single bridge, communicating with Scotty in Engineering and yet be able to fend off Bones.

?Sulu, fly us as close as you can, then steer to the starboard.?

?Nyota, transmit that code again. We need help and we need it now!?

?Scotty, is that warp drive operational yet??
    ?Bones, we aren?t going to die. Audrey, I need access to their computers!?

This was why James Tiberius Kirk was Captain. He exuded command and confidence.

87. Produce

?I just started the diagnostics, Jim. You can?t seem to assume it?s produced anything yet!?

Arms slowly crept around her waist, his nose nuzzling her neck. ?Exactly why I came now. Spock has the bridge, George is down for the count and I have you to myself for the next?? He looked at the console before him. ?Two and a half hours.?

He kissed her neck, making her squirm. ?What if George wakes up? You know he?s fussy when I?m??

?What don?t you get about alone time, ?Rey?? He turned her toward him. ?You, me, your office. Right this second.?

88. Perform

?And the engines are operating at optimal?? Kirk raised a hand and cut off the rest of the engineer?s sentence.

?Ensign Paris, even Scotty doesn?t talk this much during morning briefings. Where is my dear Chief Engineer by the way??

?Sick.?

?He?s showing my kids around the Jeffries tube isn?t he??

?No, sir.?

?Tell me the truth, Paris or this is going to affect your next performance review.?

?Don?t listen to him, Eugene, he just wants to be down there exploring too.?

?Hey, just because??

?Give it up Jim and let the poor ensign do his job.?

?Please continue Paris.?

89. Edit

?You missed a period there.? Jim looked up to see Nyota standing there over his shoulder, reading his speech to the newest graduating class of Starfleet Academy.

?What do you they care about periods?? he retorted, grabbing her and squeezing her tightly.
    ?Because years from now, these students are going to read this speech.?

?And dissect I know. Can you tell me if this translation is right in Vulcan?? Nyota?s eye scanned his PADD.

?Hasn?t Audrey looked this over for you?? He shook his head. ?Please don?t tell me you just started this.?

?Seriously, what would you do without us??

90. Distribute

Nyota always loved watching Spock interact with his students, distributing his wealth of knowledge to the cadets of the next generation. Leaning against the doorway, she walked his svelte form, move around the class, his voice reverberating across the hall.

Her bond emanated with fondness and she knew Spock had noticed her at the back. He was doing a guest lecture at the request of Audrey, who was pulled back into Intelligence.

She smiled, sending back images of their first meeting, student and instructor and chuckled at where they were now.

Married, three kids, and back at the academy teaching.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love those moments in the lives of Kirk and Uhura.

And Bones[face_dancing]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Shannon, I'm not kidding. I read an awesome TNG novel called Imzadi by peter David and your Week #17 reminded me of that because of Audrey's heritage and the last stellar line of #85. =D= This could really become a stellar AU expanded, [face_batting] or foot, why not send your ST vision to the PTB and make Audrey Pearce part of profic? [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Woohoo jinkeehaw! I would so buy that novel! I certainly know I'd get some great mush LOL @};- :)

As for week #18, Direct - :cool: Jim in a nutshell, exuding command and confidence. Hawt isn't it?

And Distribute -- SQUEEEEE! SQUEEEE!

Oh yes!

I think another bunny just bit me. *sighs* :* Thanks. [:D] [:D]