main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Cherished Moments - Then, Now, and Always 2010 Diary: Entry 28, 12-13-10, complete!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Cherished Moments ? Then, Now, and Always ? Dear Diary 2010
    Author: Jade eyes
    Fandom: ST 2009
    Characters: Guess LOL Whee!
    Genre: Action, humor, and uber!mush/romance
    Summary: The brilliant, beautiful, and very blessed Nyota keeps a memoir of treasured moments. :)
    Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me but the words and a heart brimming with love, until time indefinite.
    A/N: A few TOS Episodes have been altered ;) & will be noted in the A/Ns that apply.
    Loving huggles to Mira_Jade who was my invaluable beta and my incessant inspiration with her ?Burn? scrumpchies. And to Ceillean who was a second pair of eyes for some of the entries.

~~~~~~~~~

Entry #1

My undying fondness for the written and the spoken word has led me to indulge in keeping a journal. This one is a loving memoir of a "voyage" more resplendent than any I could ever take among the stars. The earlier entries will be in roughly chronological order, and the latter ones will be more as the mood strikes. I (needless to say) relish the idea of looking back and reminiscing on these especially prized memories.
    I hope to share some of these with my bondmate, although of course some I will keep strictly to myself. He would, undoubtedly, call this a "most fanciful" exercise, all the while being secretly and profoundly touched by being the sole and much-adored preoccupation of these writings.

+++++++

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, one of my favorites

PM please:)

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, cute start!!

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    :D =D= Yay!

I can't wait to come along for the "voyage!" Please PM? Thanks!

:D

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Can't wait for more to come. =D= Great start. PM me as well. [:D]

6. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    And thus begins the mush! :D

Lovely.

You know I want PM's, right? [face_mischief]

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Like the start. Want PMs. (Please?) :)

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Very nice intro, Jade. I know you've been working hard on this for some time. I cant wait to see what you have in store for us.

Please PM me with updates!

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It's up, it's up, it's up, it's UP!!!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_love] [face_uber_cheesecake_squee]

You know, know, KNOW how psyched I am about this. Just . . . gah, I am excited like it is one of my own fics, that's how giddy I am right now. [face_dancing]

It's wonderful rereading all of these now. Ah, how you can voice Nyota like nobody's business. Love and contentment and adoration just pours from this. It is so very lovely to read!! [face_love]

*Shipping with you every step of the squee!ing way!*

[face_dancing]

[face_love]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    earlybird -- thank you and certainly. :D This pairing is my #1, angel sweeties.

Nat -- thanks for stopping in to peruse this fangirl's loving indulgence. I feel as delirious over beginning this diary as I would over an all-you-can-eat sushi bar. LOL

divapilot -- Hello! :* I'm tickled you enjoyed and you're added for sure! I'll provide the squees with my diary while your diary provides the ROFL. [face_mischief]
    RX_Sith ? Hi! :) Thank you and certainly.
    Ceillean ? Yes, oh yes, the mush is just starting LOL PMs are a go. @};-
    Daena ? Hi! Glad you?re along for the ride as well. PMs for sure. :)
    brodiew ? Thank you! Yes, had bunnies for the longest time ;) You?re added to the list.

Mira -- I love you for this wonderfully enthusiastic review and thank you for saying that about capturing Nyota's voice. If I live to be 100, no other ff compliment will or could mean as much.

[face_love]
    [face_dancing]
    [face_love]
    Squee!
    [face_dancing]

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh this looks great! Please add me to your PM list. :D

=D=

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks Vadey. [face_dancing] This pairing has a way of working down into your very soul :* Raptures! :)

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

Second posty coming up. :D :D

This is more addictive than Nutella on Rum Raisin ice cream LOL

~~~~~

Entry #2

I still remember with chagrin my first essay for Xenolinguistics. (And I kept it, for reasons I couldn?t articulate at the time.)

I have always prided myself on my study skills, and if I take to a subject, I master its finer points quite swiftly, and yet I'm also capable of creative and divergent thought when called for. I value constructive criticism from those in a position to give it, be they instructors or commanding officers. But, if there's anything I despise, it's persnickety nitpickers!

I could never accuse Mr. Spock of being that, however. Very thorough and detailed but never persnickety. But, for some unknown reason, his opinion of my work mattered, more than it would from any other of my instructors, and I had an inkling it wasn't just because this course was my career track. His comments spurred me onto greater heights of effort, and they paid off. So, when I got his hard-won praise, it thrilled me to my toes.

And, yet, was it just that I was understandably pleased to have my knowledge and acumen recognized? I would ask myself and be quite startled at the realization that I felt there was more to it, at least from my end.

Furthermore, I loved engaging my instructors in thoughtful question and answer exchanges during that part of the lecture session. I?d also stay after at times to clarify a point or two. When I did this in Mr. Spock?s lectures, having his undivided attention on me made me very goose-bumpy.
    +++++++++++

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I?d also stay after at times to clarify a point or two. When I did this in Mr. Spock?s lectures, having his undivided attention on me made me very goose-bumpy.

[face_laugh] [face_love] =D=

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Aww, that's so cute!!

16. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I love how we get to learn a bit more about Nyota as a person.

I bet she thoroughly enjoyed the classes with Mr. Spock. :p Daydreaming now and then, no doubt.

=D=

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely so in character and with Spock :)[face_dancing]

Fantastic update=D=

18. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    But, for some unknown reason, his opinion of my work mattered, more than it would from any other of my instructors

Ah, there's something there already! I love how intelligent and articulate she is. You really make her sparkle. Nice update!

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Very articulate indeed! =D= Love Nyota's voice in this very, very much!

20. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Praise from Spock thrilling her to her toes... [face_love] Now that's love.

Good entry. :)

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vadey ? Thanks! And I love that bit you quoted. :D Yup, if I were in her shoes, I'd have the happy chills too -- all over. LOL

Nat ? thanks! LOL I love getting your LOLs because I?m always in stitches with Vader?s and now Jys?s diary [face_mischief] (She really needs to wind up with someone?diva?s doing a Ben Skywalker diary [face_thinking] Haven?t read a Ben/Jys fic in ages!)

Cei: -- thank you! Yes, I?m sure she enjoyed the classes A LOT! :D [face_dancing] Having just read your Wedding update, there?s a particular image I can?t get out of my head ? you know the one ? so whose tush needs a squeeze? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Jim?s down the line courtesy of Christine, or Spock?s by the ever-eager Uhura? ROFL! What fun that would be to write!!! LOL!!!!!!!

earlybird ? thank you. I liked showing the industrious brilliant but also beginning to be captivated side of Nyota. :)

diva ? Thanks! Yes, I imagine there would be ?something? there pretty much right off the bat ;) =P~ Intelligent, articulate, sparkling, Nyota in a nutshell ? how could anyone resist her? :* I?m glad a *certain* someone wasn?t able to. Very, very glad.

RX ? Thank you! I love her voice too in this post ? I love her voice period, in all moods. Particularly the uberly!loving mood. Can?t blame her a bit for THAT baby! LOL

Daena ? thanks! Praise from anyone is a treat, but when you have feelings for that someone, it?s extra special ? *dreamy sigh*

22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    *Tries to wipe the big ol' grin from her face and fails epicly*

Oh, you have to know that I find your writing absolutely precious!! Your voice for Nyota is brimming with affection, while the same time keeping a tone that is perfectly adorable. It gives you warm fuzzy feelings to read.

I?d also stay after at times to clarify a point or two. When I did this in Mr. Spock?s lectures, having his undivided attention on me made me very goose-bumpy.

Ahem, I would need the clarification as well, after a class with him, I would admit that my mind would not be on learning. lol!! [face_love] [face_love] Ahh, she's head over heels, and she doesn't even know it yet. Too cute!! =D=

You know I can't wait for more!!

Speaking of, I should get to typing so you have some stuff to work from. lol! ;) [:D]

~MJ [facce_rose]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you. I love it when authors give ME the warm fuzzies so I was glad to provide them. Thank you for saying the tone balanced burgeoning affection with not able to quite name it yet :) And baby, I'd think up all kinds of reasons to stay behind -- and my mind wouldn't be on the lessons either -- definitely -- ;)

And yes, your stuff is definitely fun to feed off of. Writing in first person ramps up the intimacy anyway and of course I crank up the mush automatically [face_laugh]

[face_love]

for the sweet review.

(Next year I'm doing a Mara diary -- writing from a woman in love's POV is just just too off the chain fun!) Squee!

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

Couldn't wait to post this one, either. LOL

Too delightful! They need a Spock icon around here so I can really buy out Home Depot's big buckets [face_laugh]

A/N: This entry meets the mini-challenge of including an unexpected call?but it?s a welcome one.

Entry #3

I was T.A. for two semesters for a course in multicultural psychohistory. The subject fascinated me, how psychology and historical trends blend together to shape society and culture. Working with Mr. Griffiths was rewarding also. He had a quirky sense of humor during his lectures and a warm approachable personality. We chatted most amicably during our shared office hours. He made me feel like a valued colleague. I felt that this experience grounded me deeper in the subject and would be invaluable during my career among diverse cultures and peoples.

When Spock asked me to be his assistant, was I ever floored and flattered!!

His call was unexpected, coming as it did a day into the interval between semesters.

I was collating my personal files when the message indicator lit and his warmly compelling voice greeted me most cordially.

"Ms. Uhura, I hope you are well?"

"Quite well, thank you sir, and you?" I replied putting my padds aside to give him my full attention.

"The same thank you." He answered. "I was calling to discuss your next posting as T.A. I believe you have not received a request to continue with Mr. Griffiths?"

"That is right," I answered, "He has gone on a brief research sabbatical."

"Then, I wish to let you know I have placed a provisional request for you to serve as mine this coming semester, if that meets with your approval?"

"Oh," I gasped and beamed, barely restraining myself from a happy little dance, "I would be honored and delighted!"

We set a time for the appointment to discuss the particulars and signed off.

Gaila looked up from where she was messaging three friends at once.

"You seem particularly glad about something," she probed.

"I am!" I said. "I have just been offered the chance to work with one of my best instructors. This will really further my career excellently."

"Hmmm," Gaila said, pinning me with one of her all-too-keen glances. "Are you sure that's the *ONLY* reason you're about to burst?"

I just shrugged and winked, as my heart leapt and skipped about with gladness.

Working with Mr. Spock made it impossible to explain away how ? distracted he could make me. I had felt it during his lectures, naturally, but these didn?t last more than an hour or so two or three times a week ? so as soon as I was out of his compelling influence, I could tell myself it was nothing ? or almost nothing. Now, I couldn?t. And I couldn?t tell Gaila that either ? try as I might. (And I really did try!)

Gaila saw the way I was ?ogling? him (her word, and though I protested, it was the right one) when we met on the campus green. Gaila pointed out the fact that he found me as ?hot? as I found him?daring to go so far as to claim we were ?crazy? about each other.

She actually accused him of consulting me on spurious matters, and the two of us for whiling away his office hours in long chats. Even if we did, it didn?t mean a thing except that we were good friends with common interests. She did not buy that spiel, and I was finding it hard to convince myself.

The first time I worked with him in the long-range sensor labs, I dressed up in my favorite outfit, boots, and ear rings. She gave me her best ?Aha! The defense rests!? look.

I rallied my entire ?on task? argument about career versus romance, etc., I couldn?t deny that just staying focused on my career rang a bit hollow now. The thought of taking Spock ?for a spin? did all kinds of things to my mental and physical composure. Because of this, to this day, I thank Gaila for setting my priorities straight?helping to make me admit to myself the true nature of what I was beginning to feel. Otherwise, I could have been blasted stubborn, and who knows what would have happened?! I shudder to think ?

Although our earl

25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Well, she's definitely hooked! Glad to see that she confines with Galia at least some of the time. And then I bet she is more than bothered, bewitched, and bewildered! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.