main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Cherished Moments - Then, Now, and Always 2010 Diary: Entry 28, 12-13-10, complete!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    The next morning over coffee, Christine Chapel told me that when Reed took in his broken wrist to McCoy (who had heard ahead from Spock) the good Doctor had fixed the hand minus a hypo for the pain ? 'not wanting to risk inflammation' he had told Reed.

I gasped in surprise: "No! He didn't?" I beamed. "He deserves an official commendation for that one."

This was my favorite part of post... Love, love McCoy for that!!! (He... so... does!!!!)

Good entry. :)

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a gripping exciting adventure showing Reed against Uhura and Spock.
    Loved Mc Coy of course with his 'nice' treatment of Reed. The man deserved what he got.

Excellent update=D==D=

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow!! Very emotional entry.

Who dared to harm what is mine?

I love this line a lot - my favorite of the entry, for sure. Very powerful.

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004

Entry #25

The entire piece was extraordinary powerful and moving.

=D=

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Superb entry. Really stellar. =D=

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    The way you can take my darkest yuckiest entry and turn it into something awesome in the end never ceases to amaze me. [face_love] And wow . . . we are already this far into their journey. Time has truly flown!

Thanks, as always, for these lovely posts. [:D]

~MJ @};-

7. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Sorry I am taking so long in responding. I have a stupid research paper due. I'll try and read this soon though.

8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Reed should be re-assigned to some rock. He's a monster.

And I love how Nyota has a whole team of people on her side! What wonderful friends she has. A blessed life, indeed.

Nice work with a tricky topic. You pulled it off without becoming too graphic or underplaying the danger.;)

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Kelly -- Hi!!! Take your time. LOL

diva -- @};- :D Thank you!!! I am very glad I struck a realistic non-melodramatic balance without under-playing the seriousness of her peril. [face_thinking]

And to the rest of my sweet readers: :* :*

I loved giving Reed his comeuppence. The only thing as edible as protective Spock is protective Kyp =P~ !!!!!

Yum!

I keep having to pinch myself -- LOL I'm happier about this pairing than I was even over L/M -- and I was STOKED with VOTF. Woot!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: Mirror, Mirror spin :)

Was going to wait but couldn't ;)

Entry #26

When that particular day started, I was preparing for the conference with the Halkans little guessing that things would take a most unpredictable and unusual turn.

My love brought me a steaming mug of mocha with a healthy dollop of whipping cream.

I took a sip and kissed him a thank-you.

"Do you think Mr. Conrad will be able to handle my post today?" I teased, my eyes twinkling at him.

"One would hope so." Spock replied wryly.

My eyes spoke warmly: I'll miss you.

He took my free hand and squeezed. /And I, you./

The Halkan Council was absolutely polite, but its position was rock-hard, and nothing that Kirk, McCoy, Scott or I could say would alter it. The Federation was not to be allowed to mine dilithium crystals on the planet. There was too much potential for destruction in the crystals, and the Halkans would allow nothing to compromise their history of total non-violence. To prevent that, they said, they would die?as a race, if necessary. The Council accepted that the Federation?s intentions were peaceful, but what of the future? There had been mention of a hostile Klingon Empire .

Kirk would have liked to have stayed to argue the question further, but he had already received word from Spock that an ion storm of considerable violence was beginning to blow through the Halkan system?and in fact evidence of it was already apparent in the Halkan weather, which was becoming decidedly foreboding as time went on. To stay longer might risk disruption of transporter transmission, which would strand the landing party for an unknown time. In addition, it was Spock?s opinion that the heart of the magnetic storm represented a danger to the Enterprise. On this kind of opinion, I knew that Kirk would not have argued with Spock for a second, not when it came to crew or ship safety.

On the first attempt, the transporter got the party only partly materialized aboard ship when the beam suffered a phase reversal.

We were standing on a bare plateau on the Halkan planet, illuminated only by a barrage of lightning. It was nearly five minutes later before the familiar Transporter Room sprang fully into being around us again.

Kirk stepped quickly from the platform toward Spock. ?We may or may not get those power crystals?? And then he stopped, in midstep as well as midsentence. For Spock and the transporter chief were saluting, and a most peculiar salute it was: the arms first folded loosely, then raised stiffly horizontal and squared out. Their uniforms were different, too; basically, they were the same as before, but they were much altered in detail, and the detail had a savage military flair? broad belts bearing exposed phasers and what seemed to be ceremonial daggers, shoulder boards, braid. And the Federation breast symbol was gone; instead, there was a blazon which looked like a galaxy with a dagger through it. A similar symbol, in brilliant color, was on one wall of the room, and the equipment was all in the wrong places?indeed, a few pieces of it were completely unfamiliar.

Lands, but this Spock was totally not what I was used to! I felt my connection to *my* Spock still, though it was not as intense and vivid, like we were separated by a great distance of space, rather than time and space. This Spock looked cold, hard, almost fanatical. He sported a beard?a very different look to be sure!

Kirk dropped his hands to his belt?since he did not know how to return the strange salute.

Our uniforms, too, had undergone the strange changes.

?At norm,? Spock said to the transporter chief, in a voice loaded with savage harshness. ?Captain, do you mean the Halkans have weapons that could resist us?? - At that moment Sulu entered the Transporter Room. His movements, his manner, were cold, arrogant, ruthless.

Sulu, apparently, was the head of security. He did not salute. He barked, ?Status of mission, Captain??

?No change,? Kirk said carefully.

?Standard procedure, then??

K

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Awesome retelling of "Mirror, Mirror" with Uhuru realizing that indeed her Spock is way better in every way then the alternate one. =D=

12. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Kirk rejoined, ?What worries me is the easy way his counterpart fitted into that other universe. I always thought Spock was a bit of a pirate at heart.?

Beta: fit, not fitted. ;)

And... I'm not sure if I saw the Mirror, Mirror ep or not to be able to tell the difference, but I enjoyed this one. Good entry. :)

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great to see mirror, mirror in this way through Uhura's eyes=D==D=

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    My fave episode of all time (next to Journey to Babel) just got a workout there, and I am grining from ear to ear with reading it! [face_dancing] [face_love]

First off: is there anything better than goatee!Spock? Besides normal Spock that is? Nope, I think not. [face_laugh] [face_love]

Second, you have to know that you hit a bump in your writing with this one. The battle dialogue and the crisis situation flowed as well as your mushy segements, and as a whole the entire vig was a blast to read!

Thank-you, thank-you!! [face_dancing]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

15. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Who dared to harm what is mine?

Mine.

[face_love] This here is just so...*dreamy sigh*

I broke away from him, angry at the invasion. ?I said no,? I scathed. ?And while you may not agree with that ? may argue that logically ? you will never, and I mean never, look into my mind without my permission or approval. Is that clear??
    I was trembling with my anger, with my emotions from earlier. I realized that I was taking a small part of that out on him, but at the same time I had not allowed him. He could not just take it --
    His eyes widened as he realized what the action had equated to in my mind. ?Nyota,? he breathed. ?I did not mean it as an intrusion, and I will endeavor not to do so again.?

Ouch. :( First Reed and then Spock even though he only wanted answers and to help.

The nurse had beamed proudly as she gushed, and at her side Kirk had a moment to look panicked when she turned large eyes on him.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

?She is mine,? he bent down to whisper in Reed's ear. ?Because she chooses to be so. You ? or anyone ? will not touch her. I do not give this warning idly, so take care, Ensign.?

[face_love][face_love] Good God, the hotness is oozing off the screen. :p

Okay...one more loooooong post to go. :D

I really enjoyed this one, though. I liked the blend of angst and mush all in one go. But thankfully, they got rid of Reed. What a jerk!

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I too am glad Reed is history. Woohoo!!!!!! Protective Spock and protective Kyp -- enough to make a lady bust with exquisite delight :) :)

17. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    We were standing on a bare plateau on the Halkan planet, illuminated only by a barrage of lightning. It was nearly five minutes later before the familiar Transporter Room sprang fully into being around us again.

Creepy. :eek:

He sported a beard?a very different look to be sure!

But yummy still. :D
    I sort of like thes bearded image of Spock...always did enjoy the mirror universe.

This was different from all your other posts. See, you can write a bit of action in between mush. ;)
    I really enjoyed it.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_love]

:*

19. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    "It's a special property of the metal." He explained softly, his beautiful eyes locked with mine. "It becomes imbued with the sentiments of the giver."

I was floored, touched, and utterly melted by this point. He continued to hold my hand and brushed a kiss to the ring as the lovely song continued. His gaze upon me was warm and very tender.

Butterflies danced and twirled all through me.

I beamed and whispered: "This has been a wonderful day! But I'm not really surprised. You make my days beautiful and nights wonderful, my only heart."

He told me reverently: "You complete me so well. I promise to cherish you always, Nyota ashal-veh."

I answered: "I treasure your love for me. And always shall."

After that words became completely superfluous, and the song transitioned to "All My Tomorrows."

Very melty indeed [face_love] :D

Sulu leaned back in his seat. ?Ah, but I'd rather have you, Uhura.? His arm went out and around toward my waist.

And there was one minute left. Slap! ?I?ve changed my mind... again.? I said lowly. Lands, but that was satisfying!!!

Talk about a sleaze ball. This version anyways

I can?t wait for more :D

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Entry #27

Serendipitous meetings -- I have a strong fondness for these.

On a diplomatic mission, ones I was finding an increasing afinity for both on the communications and negotiating sides of the credcoin -- I happened upon Sarek, who was participating in another series of unrelated talks.

I had gone to the rooftop gardens of the hotel where we were staying.

The sun was setting, and my corner of the roof was seemingly deserted.

When I heard his compelling voice greet me, I spun in pleasant surprise.

He called me by a lovely honorific by now -- daughter of the heart.

"Papa Sarek," I beamed, and my eyes mirrored the happy expression. Over our many correspondences, he had grown as dear as my own Papa.
    He stepped to my side and touched my shoulder lightly, and we enjoyed the view for a handful of companionable moments.

"I hear you are handling the talks most excellently," He commended me quietly.

I flushed with pleasure. Coming from such an accomplished professional in that exact line of work, and from someone whose opinion I valued personally, it was doubly appreciated.

"I am finding the diplomatic side of things most intriguing." I grinned. "Dare I say, fascinating?"

His lips quirked at that.

"I spoke to Spock earlier today, during lunch. He probably has not had the chance to tell you of that, as of yet. He mentioned your prowess, and that you were both contemplating diverging into the diplomatic career track once your tour is over. I would be very willing to give any assistnace you need."

I smiled my thanks. "Thank you. I'm sure we will definitely avail ourselves of that." I winked.

After a long moment of comfortable silence, he remarked: "Your relationship has deepened beyond what I would have expected even so near to an official joining. I am even more convinced that Spock could not have chosen a more consummate life-mate."

I blushed with happiness and replied: "I feel an even greater affinity with the Lady Amanda -- knowing firsthand, as she did, the blessedness of being loved so utterly."

His eyes thanked me profoundly.

During a function a day later, something occurred which I learned of later through T'Mai, one of Sarek's assistants. She and I met at the refreshments table. We had an acquaintance with each other since I corresponded with Sarek frequently, and I was virtually one of the family. Her father was tied in some obscure and protracted way to theirs, so we would eventually be joined by marriage.

"Sarek's son is so like him." She spoke approvingly. "I have to admit candidly that when I first started working for Sarek, I indulged in wondering about he and I forming a bond. So, I can readily see how your initial attraction to Spock grew from that into something deeper."

I replied: "That's an occupational upside of working with Vulcans." I grinned. "Any lady who didn't entertain such an idea -- you'd have to check her pulse or question her sexual leanings."

She raised an eyebrow at my outspokenness, and I laughed.

"Sarek heard you exchanging endearments earlier on the balcony. No one else was near. I heard him mention it to Spock later but only to commend him for such ease with emotional demonstrativeness."

"Ah. Did he approve?" I smiled.

"Sarek said that it was quite a special gift for one such as you, a lady of warmth and sensitivity; Spock agreed, saying that it was also what you so richly deserve."

I melted and thanked her for telling me that. I had confided in Kashore and my closest friends that my darling one's every sweetly loving utterance was exceedingly beautiful and precious to me.

I mentioned this as Spock and I were enjoying a quiet moment on the rooftop.

Spock told me what his response had been: "It is what she deserves, and more than earned. I do not feel I will be missing out on any rich discoveries when we turn to the diplomatic sphere. I have a world's worth of discovery in her, and more."

I was indescribably touched. "The things you say, my sweetest heart." I whispered. "Surpas

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    sweet, she is a lady of many talents and love Sarek in this update:*[:D]

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Okay, I love how warm and . . . fluffy :p, Sarek and Nyota were. Then again, he knows a strong, awesome human woman when he sees on - he can preach about his logicality all he wants. :p

And I am very interested in T'Mai . . . while I understand why a Vulcan would have to take another mate for cultural reasons, even if time has passed . . . It is still weird to read him without Amanda. :( T'Mai seems as warm and kind as a Vulcan woman would be apt to show (outside the privacy of a bond, anyway), and I do like her character. Gah, now I am intrigues! :oops:

And then the last scene . . . the lift!!!

Ahem, yeah . . .

Could totally use an expanded scene on that. [face_whistling]

*melts into a puddle of drooling goo. [face_laugh]*

~MJ @};-

23. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Another beautiful and endearing glance into Nyota and Spock's love for each other with Sarek's sincere approval.

24. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Sweet sweet update :)

Can't wait for more

25. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    ("Nyota, we've arrived at our floor." He remarked against my lips. "Have we?" I answered dazedly.)

[face_love]

Good entry. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.