main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Cherished Moments - Then, Now, and Always 2010 Diary: Entry 28, 12-13-10, complete!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Great girl's night! I wonder if guys know that when the girls get together, all we talk about is them. It's probably better that they don't know, huh.

Of course, at a party I have it on, and I can tell them I can sense their hormones ramping on infrared ... what do they know?" [face_laugh] She's a riot. I kind of picture her with an apparatus like Geordi wore. Your OCs are great!

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nat ? thank you! Gals nights are fun indeed [face_mischief]

Mira ? hee! Your comments tickle me! :* Yes, Nyota?s friends are very fun and know how to give stellar advice. [face_dancing] And the fact that her feelings are returned ? I?m awe-struck just thinking about it [face_love] And super-fineness ? how to invent a word that suffices [face_love]

Vadey ? Yes she does and she so deserves them! :D

Daena ? very wonderful, insightful reply you have. [:D] Let me see if I can put the puzzle pieces together as how I see he and she :* [face_love] [face_love] :* Nyota sees that as his likely reaction if she brings it up directly, so she doesn?t; still she hopes it wouldn?t reflect his literal feelings. However, what Gaila saw earlier and what even he cannot totally keep from Nyota?s keen perceptions, is a very strong likelihood that there?s more than friendship there on his end. E.g. notice the context of these reflections of hers. Nyota is speaking very casually about Graeme and picks up on an expression in Spock?s eyes ? a look of ?What is he to you, and what are we to each other; what could we be?? :D

As was true in Timeline A, certain ones are always able and privileged to bring out a particular emotion ? friendship, loyalty, respect, and trust. Now, in this glorious reality, Nyota is privileged and honored and blessed to bring out the soulmate for all times emotion. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] The lover?s rock and also the hot, loving mood kind of thing LOL SQUEE! SQUEE! The secret and the key to their chemistry leading to friendship leading to love that is ever green [face_dancing] was him being her instructor, then colleague etc. You know the lovely Nyota wasn?t gonna leave it at platonic :cool:

earlybird ? thank you! Graeme is an intriguing theoretical rival ;) and yes, Nyota?s friends are a blast ? full of wit and warmth. :D

RX ? thank you! I agree?great interaction with super duper friends. :D

divapilot ? Thanks!!! I enjoyed writing Miranda a lot ? I think of her as fun and outspoken also ? gals nights are a blast to write?profic authors need to follow that kind of lead and show the characters having a fun time with friends and of course more couple mush wouldn?t hurt either! [face_dancing]

Entry #6

It was quite soon after the events just chronicled that things took a most marvelous turn.

After a very long work/study session, which lasted past curfew, Spock accompanied me across the academy green back to my dormitory. A light rain was falling. The lovely melody "Moonlight Serenade" was running through my mind.

The sky was laden with storm clouds in patterned shades of violet and deepest black. The softly falling rain wasn't drenching, but quite refreshing, at least to me. Spock, however, was looking at the raindrops with what seemed to be the strongest distaste.

I gently stroked my fingers down from where they'd looped around his arm to tangle with his hand, hoping to impart some of my joy over to him. I startlingly picked up on a contentment running through him that was deep enough to rival even mine, though I was mystified as to its source. It set off a glow inside. I gave his hand a quick squeeze and did not let go when it became apparent that he wasn't going to draw away.

The evening had been full of long-held gazes and one extraordinary touch. My mind went back over the conversation that had led to that wonderful event.

A question had been gnawing at me of late. I bolstered up my courage and asked about whether Vulcans could or ever did bond as adults, or if it happened they formed committed relationships when they reached maturity in lieu of being bonded as children, and whether or not such childhood bonds could be annulled.

Spock's gaze on me sharpened, whether at the question itself or the motive behind it, I did not know.

I blushed and hastily said: "Heavens, forgive that impertinent question! I probably broke all kinds of taboos!"

He held up a hand to waylay my fears. "N

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, sooooo sweet!! Love the mush :)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    hmmmmmmmmm loved that Spock and Uhura in love. What a sweet mush[face_love]:*[face_love][:D]

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It's here, it's here, it's HERE!!! This is one of my favorite posts that you have to date - SHOWTIME baby. [face_dancing] [face_love]

I'm just going to take a moment to shed the overabundance of fangirl energy to show you all my faves:

[face_dancing]

"I feel we are close enough friends," Spock went on reassuringly, "that you may feel comfortable in asking whatever you so desire."

I loved this ? there are some things that I can't even see Kirk in Timeline A asking Spock about, and yet between he and Nyota here, it just sorta flows . . . Yes, this is a quiet subject, while not an outright taboo, it's just another secret of a highly secretive race. I loved him considering her close enough to share with her something that even those within Vulcan families don't speak much of. [face_love]

Oh, and I cackled at the thought of he and T'Pring already being good and done with. I've read many a fic where that arrangement comes back to bite them in the butt. :(

He hovered there for a moment until I tightened my hand over his with permission ? a very emphatic ?yes, finally!? that flowed from my mind to his ? and then he kissed me oh, so gently.

Allow me to echo the 'oh yes finally!' with a SQUEE!!! and a cheesecake-squggle x 100!!!!!!! [face_love] [face_dancing]

I then loved how you played on the next morning ? her insecurities, and his oh-so-gentlemanly and perfect letting her decide the direction they take in the end . . . Do you think that we are building him up too much as the perfect guy? :p

On second thought . . . naw. [face_dancing]

"I take that as an affirmative." Spock observed softly, almost dryly, as we made our way back to our work stations, my hand tightly clasped in his.

"Oh, most assuredly." I breathed out.

Baby, they're in for the long haul now! And oh, what a story it will be . . .

This is just getting good. [face_dancing]

Oh, it felt great reading this again. The muse has been in a rut the last few weeks, and this was a perfect jump start/end to a bad bout of writer's block. ;)

[:D]

~MJ @};-

6. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh, gurl!!!!![face_love]

Hubba, hubba. :D

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I think I'm sharing in that SQUEE!!!! of yours. ;)

"I feel we are close enough friends," Spock went on assuringly, "that you may feel comfortable in asking whatever you so desire."

:D

And... romance in the rain! Romance in the rain! Liked that!

Good entry. :)

(And you'll be happy to know: writer's block over. Yes, really.)

8. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great kiss and romance begins their passionate journey! [:D]

9. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Oh, what lovely mush. [face_love] Yeah, Nyota is one lucky girl. :p

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nat ? Thank you! Mush is the ticket isn?t it? Especially THEIRS! :) :) :* :* Squee!

earlybird ? Thanks! When I selected this character focus and the theme for the diary, I knew I could work in tons of mush! :D And now you know what my tolerance level for mush is ? very high LOL

Mira ? I had the self-same reaction ? it?s here, yes it is! This is also one of my faves, tied with #11 ;) [face_dancing]
    I agree totally ? Nyota has the warmth and sweetness that makes such sharing comfortable and natural :* Besides the loving bias that I have towards my love angel Nyota, I don?t think she and Spock?s bond could have deepened and been so rich and pervasive if that other one had been even there in the dormant background [face_thinking] Too much of a build up ? I?ve wondered about that myself and then I think NOT! NOT! I?ve thought of him as perfect for nigh on no I won?t say exactly how many years [face_laugh] but he just never had the PERFECT lady to show it off properly [face_love] And I?ll jump start your muse anytime so I can feed my obsessive addiction for them truly [face_laugh] SQUEE! Squggles! with cheesecake all the way through!

divapilot ? I LOVE getting that reaction from a faithful reader and a stellar author. [face_love] [face_dancing] :D [face_dancing] Thank you. @};-

Daena ? Thank you for the SQUEE! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Contagious, aren?t they? :D :D Love that bit you quoted. :) Love which springs from friendship is the most solid and enduring. And their friendship turning into love ? ah! Resplendent, irridescent phases, both. Romance in the rain ? sweet and lovely setting for a sweet and marvy pairing. Yes, oh yes. [face_love] [face_love]

RX ? thank you! Passionate journey! Love that expression! [face_dancing]

Ceillean ? Thanks! You got that right on both counts. :) So happy to oblige with the mush. :D

A/N: The marshmallow shooters were mentioned in the ?Fragile? thread by pregnantpadme. They sound a blast! :) I also love conceptualizing Nyota with a fun-loving family and as being ticklish?in exactly the same spot as I am LOL :D

Entry #7 ? part 1

I love to reflect on especially pivotal dates we?ve shared. Of course, our first one stands out and another which gives me a happy thrill to this day.

First dates can either meet, exceed, or fall short of one?s expectations. Ours definitely met and then surpassed mine. (He had suggested dinner and live jazz and I had very eagerly agreed. Since we were close to the beach, we decided to prolong our evening?s pleasure by enjoying the sunset ocean view.)

I was regaling him with stories of my irrepressible niece and nephew during my last visit home.

We were walking down the beach and the sun was painting the sky and sea a lovely blend of shades of purples and sapphires and golds. There were shells scattered along the shore in many lovely colors.

"They pestered me until I just had to join one of their teams. It involved marshmallow shooters, of all things." I laughed.

"Marshmallow shooters?" His tone said it all. I laughed again.

"You block one end of a tube and blow the marshmallow out the other end. It's as fun as a pillow fight except there are marshmallows flying everywhere. Everyone is dodging and shooting at the same time. And, since they know how ticklish I am, they like to tackle me and tickle me."

The texture of his thoughts against my mind was blatantly amused and ... intrigued. "You're ticklish?"

"Yes, very much. Touch me in a particular way on my waist and I'm helpless."

The image of him tickling me flashed through my mind and I tried to squash it, but it was too delicious. He had picked up on my image and I couldn't help but think hopefully ... one day I'll talk him into giving me a good tickle!

Thinking of the fun I'd had with my mischievous relations, I suggested impulsively: "Let's walk barefoot in the sand."

He gave me a look that said: "Why? Taking off your shoes and getting your feet all covered with sand and the surf ..."

"Oh come on!" I beamed. I took off my shoes and started to wriggle my toes in the soft white sand.

"Nyota," he began on an indulgent sig

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww, very sweet!!

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    sand and tickling hmmm very sweet again.

Lovely a lovely pairing:*[face_love]

13. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Yep, the SQUEE's are a little contagious. :)

"The only logical thing," here I had to wink, "would be to repeat the experience frequently and very soon!"

"I quite agree." Spock replied, "Is tomorrow too soon?"

No, somehow I don't think it is... [face_love]

Good entry, and I liked the bonding over marshmallow shooters. :)

14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Lovely date and now Nyota may be getting tickled more and more often. [:D]

15. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    How absolutely sweet! Spock must be enjoying allowing his human side a little leeway. And the tickling was [face_laugh] [face_love]

16. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I wonder if Spock is ticklish, too? [face_thinking]

Would he even laugh? Hm...[face_thinking]

Lovely update. :D The little tickle scene was great.

"Oh, yes," I said, suddenly in a hurry to be off, "with you touching me, it's always the right way."

*dreamy sigh*

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

I'm going to save the rest of my replies till later. But Connie I just had to SQUEEEEEE! I bet he is! Oh nummmmmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEE!

~~~~~~~

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    SO sorry I got behind. Real life has been absolutely BRUTAL lately. Ugh. But PLEASE keep me on the PM list and I'm glad I can start catching up now. FINALLY!

=D=

19. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    SO lovely, J_E!! I know it was a post ago, but I have to quote this:

[i["I take that as an affirmative." Spock observed softly, almost dryly, as we made our way back to our work stations, my hand tightly clasped in his.

"Oh, most assuredly." I breathed out.[/i]

Adoreable!!!!! Beautifully written girl, very very lovely!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nat ? Thank you! It?s superb when they get along even more swimmingly than expected. :D
    earlybird ? Thank you! Tickling and a beach stroll ? I did enjoy writing that!
    Daena ? You can tell the date was a slam dunk when they can?t seem to get enough of one another [face_dancing] Whee! But then, who could? On both sides. [face_dancing]
    RX ? You can count on that. The tickler and the tickled are enjoying the experience enough to want to repeat it :D :)
    Diva ? thanks! Yes, I do agree. And can you imagine a sweeter, more superb lady to draw it out? [face_dancing] I (and Nyota too I?ll wager) did get a large charge out of the tickling. [face_dancing]
    Vadey ? Thanks! Been missing you around here so am glad you?re back! @};- You?re safely ensconced on the list. No worries. :D The only super duper thing about getting behind is catching up LOL
    Irish ? Hi! [:D] @};- So glad you stopped by! [face_dancing] And wasn?t it fun reading that in one gulp? LOL Loved the bit you quoted and thank you so much for the review! :) As one of my many authorly inspirations, especially in the wonderful world of mush, I have always wanted to share this nummy diary with you! [face_love]

Entry #7 ? part 2

Gaila's loans have aided in some rather remarkable evenings together, I must admit. The boots were one such occasion; and we enjoyed another especially wonderful time, which spontaneously and most deliriously flowed into the predawn.

?What?? I asked Gaila in amazement. ?You want to lend me this?? I looked at the glittery, silky and very clingy top she had in her hands. It showed off the ?busty endowments? as she called it to great effect.

?Yes,? she replied with a wink, ?He will love it.?

And that he did. His eyes lingered most flatteringly in all the proper places.

We went to a jazz club. When the audience was asked to participate in karaoke, my dear one declined but I participated to much applause. I sang ?Moon Dance? and that led to me suggesting a moonlit stroll through an outlying woodland area.

The moon was dappling the grass and wildflowers which dotted the meadow in all colors and shapes.

?One thing I wished I had growing up,? I was saying, ?was a swing tied to a tree branch. My best friend had one so I was always at her house. I also like lying in a hammock with a cool drink and music to while away the afternoon.?

?Did you begin music lessons early??

?As soon as I could pick up an instrument, my father had me attempt the violin.? I grimaced with a rueful laugh. ?That didn?t last. The lute is more to my taste, and the saxophone.?

?You have a superlative musical gift for the lute. Your acumen for literature is also amazing.? He said. ?I know few who are as widely read as you.?

?I love works from all the varied centuries,? I smiled. ?From Shakespeare to now. Give me a gripping whodunit in the old British style of Agatha Christie or a happy-ever-after romance ??

?Do you believe in such outcomes??

I stopped and leaned against a tree and clasped both his hands in mine. ?In literature? I believe the happy ending is just the beginning of a lifetime of enriching experiences. I don?t like it when authors end a beautiful relationship spuriously just to torture the characters and the reader. In reality--it depends on the couple. In theory, I believe it?s always possible, but the couple in question has to work for and to want it.?

My gaze lingered and became ineffably tender. ?I know that I want it, with you,? I finished, ?And that I could find no one better suited to my life?s goals and soul?s deepest longings.? I blushed. ?Sorry. Was that too ? poetical??

His eyes glowed with warm affection. ?Not when you are the one who speaks such words.?

Our kisses became protracted. When at last we drew apart, my blouse caught on a rough part of the bark and tore a bit. Uh, oh, I thought. I hope Gaila doesn?t want this blouse back.

Back at his place, we spoke of our families in detail. He sp

21. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A very sweet and tender evening that they both experienced. It seems that she thinks that he has some reservations to her passions, but then realizes that he always will support her, both professionally and personally.

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww!! Very sweet :)

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely and those references to LOTR:*[face_love]
    A very nice and loving update=D==D=

24. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    [:D] How delightfully romantic. Mmmmm.

25. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Reference is made to the LOTR fandom.

Really? *prepares for awesomeness of post*

?I love works from all the varied centuries,? I smiled. ?From Shakespeare to now. Give me a gripping whodunit in the old British style of Agatha Christie or a happy-ever-after romance ??

?Do you believe in such outcomes??

Loaded question. Hoped he liked the answer.

Oh raptures! If I had been transported then and there to the eternal shores of Valmar, I could not have felt a more transcendent bliss. That thought had him gracing me with a Holy Silmaril in either hand, their gold and silver radiance spilling all around my feet as I sat with my love in the resplendent glory of Telperion and Malinalda.

Woah... [face_love]

Good entry. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.