main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Cherished Moments - Then, Now, and Always 2010 Diary: Entry 28, 12-13-10, complete!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Tiny A/N:

First off -- thanks to all my sweet and wonderful readers. @};- [:D] [:D] Your support and fun comments are a delight. :*

Posting schedule:

First and third Monday of the month when there are two updates.

When three: first, second, and fourth.

This will allow for catching up and will give Mondays a mushy flavor LOL

Current PM list:

DaenaBenJen42

VaderLVR64

Ceillean

Mira_Jade

RX_Sith

earlybird-obi-wan

divapilot

If any want to stay on or to be taken off, please let me know.

[face_batting]

:)

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I am adoring all of these entries - and the references to other fandoms as well. I'm a sucker for things like that, as you well know. [face_love]

And the update sced sounds perfect - lets me know in advance which days to get my butt on the computer!! lol!!

I'll be back to my in-depth go overs with the next post. I am particularly looking forward to the things to come. [face_love] ;)

~MJ @};-

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade -- So glad you enjoyed! I know I had a blast doing up all that mushyness. :) Best is yet to come ... Squee!

_______

A/N: LOL! Jadesabre75 and her hot Jag in red swim trunks is too inspiring. =P~

Entry #8

Ah! This particular occasion blended a mutual, longstanding pastime with a sweet and spontaneous moment.

I love music. I love playing and singing. Once I heard the Vulcan lytherette, I fell in love with its soothing lovely sound. The Japanese koto harp also transports me, as does the saxophone, all kinds?alto, soprano, tenor.

I quickly learned that Spock was proficient at the lytherette when we started working together[,] and this fact thrilled me. It was an avocation we shared in common. The sight and sound of those hands of his bringing forth such gorgeous notes as the lyre could evoke ? was quite pleasantly distracting. At the time of our deepening friendship (and my ever-growing attraction), but as yet not openly avowed love, he gave me informal lessons in addition to the official ones I was receiving ? and when his hands touched me, I thought of how it would feel if they ?played? me! Then, I?d have to beat a hasty retreat before I suited thought to action.

I had saved up to get an authentic lyre and finally purchased it. I was in advanced lessons now, so instead of renting, I needed one of my own. I was in one of the private music rooms, tuning and humming to accurately set the tone. The diatonic scale was one I was used to by now?but sometimes I still found myself slipping into the harmonics of the scales I?d grown up with.

Unknown to me, Spock was passing by in the corridor and heard the lovely strains and came in.

?Although I?ve heard you sing the alto quite superbly, it is rare to find one that is also a true soprano. That is quite an impressive octave range.? He said admiringly.

I blushed with a welcoming smile. ?Thank you! I believe my aptitude for languages helped me to grasp and enjoy music that much more. I have taken lessons in several instruments, but only needed brief training for voice?mostly in strengthening and technique. This particular note, I?m finding it rather hard to get it as I know it should be.?

I strummed it.

?The subtleties of tone can be hard to get on the first try.? Spock acknowledged. He placed a warm hand over mine. I shivered with pleasure at the touch as he adjusted the knob the least little bit. ?Let?s see if that does it.? I said and played a few chords. ?Marvelous. Such a lovely instrument.?

?It is quite relaxing,? he agreed, his hand still holding mine. I laid my free one over his in a double clasp.

?The Vulcan culture is full of such complexity and depth,? I mused appreciatively, ?full of such logical reason on the one hand and yet able to produce such lovely works of art as their classical music and poetry?full of such soaring heights of passion and poignancy.?

?It is true of most cultures. The art forms often mirror the mores and tastes of the society at large.?

?And of the individual,? I observed tenderly, ?clear-sighted and perceptive and warm and empathetic by turns.?

?As the instrument needs the perfect voice to bring out its purest potential and depth,? Spock answered, ?so each person?s inner richness is brought out by close association with that ? ideal other.?

I felt a tingle rush up from my toes at the warm glow in his eyes and the ardent sincerity of his tone. ?That works both ways.? I whispered.

I stood to place the lyre back into the case. As I closed the latches, he suggested: ?I?d be pleased to play in duets with you sometime. You have progressed in the lute quite admirably.?

I slid the instrument case?s carry strap over my shoulder. ?I?d love it, anytime!? My smile glowed. As we stepped into the hall, our hands unerringly managed to find one another?s again. As we made our way to the lift, I outlined the days for my music lessons, and we arranged to meet immediately after the lesson finished.

?Are you still planning to join Sherralyn for the book club meeting??

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely update and that's where her singing abilities are coming from. A scene of ST 5 came on my mind.

Great work and please PM's

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yeah Yeah, I got behind. Again. What a shock! But it did give me lots of good reading! :D

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautifully written and thoroughly enjoy Nyota's fondness of music. You are really going into depth on her character and revealing more behind the scenes activities and such that she experiences. Great work! =D=

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Yes, I still want PM reminders. Repeat after me: forgetting about stories is bad. (So... bringeth on the PM reminders. Thank you.)

?Although I?ve heard you sing the alto quite superbly, it is rare to find one that is also a true soprano. That is quite an impressive octave range.?

Oh! Music talk!!!! Bonding over music!!!!

Good entry. :)

8. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Red swim trunks, huh? [face_mischief] Personally, I prefer black because red reminds of Baywatch. [face_laugh]

But either way, what a lovely image. Spock in swim trunks. :D

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi Daena and Ceil. :* Thanks so much for your reviews! I was going to update last week but I had icky arghy comp problems which are now taken care of. Whew! I can breathe again!

posting schedule is now on track again!

______

Entry #9

I put in my top 3 preferences for crew assignments as soon as it was posted that we could do so. The final decision would be handed down after a committee review; one of my top instructors would be chosen to ratify the final selection and to officially post it. I was in a joyful haze thinking of what serving together with Spock would be like!!

He, however, got me all worked up the evening I posted my choices.

?Nyota,? he began, ?Have you thought of how our relationship might change once we begin a tour of duty? You might come to find the changed circumstances put a ? damper ? or a strain on things and wish to reconsider. Then, if that occurs, mightn?t that interfere somewhat with our ability to work together??

I set down my glass of hot rice wine. ?Tell me, just so we are clear, are you questioning my professionalism? My seriousness? Or my loyalty?? I demanded, standing up to face him across the table, my hands on hips, eyes blazing.

He responded: ?Never. Your character is beyond reproach. I would never think to believe you capable of disloyalty or of entering into a committed relationship frivolously. It is difficult to conceive of anything that could make you act out of your nature, but there might come a time when you might find our relationship untenable.?

?I can only speak for myself, Spock. I walked into this relationship with my eyes open and with no reservations! Don?t you dare work some kind of projection onto me! I cannot conceive of any I could possibly entertain in the future! Perhaps, though, it is you, that are having second thoughts or questions, but please, don?t foist them on me!?

?Of course not, Nyota.? he answered calmly, which made my blood seethe all the more, ?I just know how deeply euphoric you have been and merely wanted to point out to you the need to consider the potential for unexpected challenges??

?I don?t feel any such need!? I replied heatedly. Then my tone softened. ?I have never felt this way about anyone before, nor shall I again. I know there may be challenges, but I embrace and welcome them. You are my soul, my joy.?

As I spoke, my ire cooled but my always-near-the-surface passion took its place. I moved around to his side of the table, cupped his face in both hands and planted slow, wine-laced kisses from his lips to first one ear then back around to the other. Naturally, I had to nibble.

Spock pulled me onto his lap and gave me some ardent kisses in return while asking: ?And if we?re assigned separately?? I was pleased to notice his tone was very abstracted.

?Then I?ll stow away in the cargo transporter,? I replied between more kisses. ?Or, I?ll make sure they change mine to yours. I can be very ? persistent when I really want something. And ? I ? do.? This last was spoken in a whisper.

?Believe me, ashal-veh, I know.?

I laughed unabashedly. Suddenly, I pulled out of his grip and moved to the window, trying to bestow on him a fierce scowl and a forbidding stance. But my dancing eyes and the softly eager smile in my voice might have spoiled the effect. "Now, I hope you won't feel the need to question me again?"

He scrutinized me closely, trying to unravel the messages my tone, words, and expression seemed to be sending.

"Because I can assure you that within no time of being apart from you, if that were the case, and after getting the attentions of all the eager officers from Ensigns to Lieutenants ... I would have to come to the inescapable conclusion ..." I paused as he joined me, still watching me intently. I had my hands clasped tightly to keep from reaching to him. I let the pause lengthen.

"Nyota?" He said finally.

"When we were just friends, no one else ever sparked my interest, stirred my heart, as you have. Nor did I want them to. That will never change." My arms were

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely update. She is so sweet:*[face_love] and Spock[face_love]
    Love their bickering and caressing.
    And the diary gives so much depth to Uhura's character. You never saw that in the series or the movies.

Great work=D==D=

11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I missed a post. Pooh! But then I got to read two of them. These were delicious. so sensual.

I'm glad I got to savor these two entries. Beautiful, soulful work![face_love]

12. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Spock better be careful. Nyota's got some major ramifications up her sleeve if she ever feels slighted in any way from his tack with her. Glad he succumbed to her side of things (don't men always). ;)

13. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Icky comp problem? Oy. Glad you got that settled out.

"Yes, I did. But I mean every word."

"I know that I could never feel complete without you."

Oh yeah... totally melted right there... [face_love]

Good entry. :)

14. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    siiiiiiiiiigh!!!

Really, after reading your entries, I feel everything yuck and bleh in life melt away. I feel all light and fluffy inside, and I love that. Reading your diary is always a treat for me! [face_love] [:D]

And I do adore this entry. [face_love]

I loved Nyota's passion, and loyalty. And I totally melted over Spock worrying over not being enough to complete her . . . can he get any more gosh darn cute? [face_love]

"I know that I could never feel complete without you." He replied, kissing first my eyes and then my lips very gently. "Your brilliance, unique humor, and warm compassion are things I quickly became accustomed to during our early acquaintance. I must admit that when you were seeing so much of Mr. Carlisle I thought he would be the one to fill your emotional as well as other needs. It gave me quite a qualm."

See? Total melting right there. lol!!

And then the lines about the mind melds at the end . . . Yeah. That was perfect. [face_love]

=D=

Well done!! [face_love]

~MJ @};-

15. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Naturally, I had to nibble.

This made me giggle.

Imzadi...I had to wrack my brain to remember what Imzadi meant. Lover, right? But isn't it a Betazoid thing? I have this vague memory of reading a book called Imzadi once.

Lovely update. I found it quite amusing, their little argument. I bet Spock was a little surprised at her sudden outburst. :p

=D=

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, sweet!! The bickering is cute - I love Spock throughout the exchange :D

17. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Ummm. Before I read this I have a question. Is this based off of the tv series, the books, the old movies or the new movie?

Because I have yet to see the new movie and I don't really want anything ruined for me.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Earlybird ? Yes she is sweet. And they are too precious together ? I also loved the combo of snark and tender caresses. Squee!

Divapilot ? Thank you! Having two for one is always fun! :D ?Beautiful and soulful? and sensual ? raptures! [face_dancing] [:D]

RX -- [face_laugh] [face_laugh] ;) Lady?s irresistible, what can I say? And he knows facts when he hears them. :D [face_love]

Daena ? Thanks! And I?m glad it?s settled too! :) And I melted when I wrote it. :) [face_dancing]

Mira ? Thanks so much! Light and fluffy ? like that! Reading fics is always therapeutic for me also. :D I adore Nyota?s loyalty and passion, also. Considering the source ? I?d be passionate too ? always. Energizer bunny hopping along, always on the go! LOL Ann Spock ? period. I could just eat him up very very slowly. LOL

Reading your stuff ? it makes me feel awe-ified. [face_love] [face_love]

Ceil ? Who wouldn?t have to nibble? [face_laugh] =P~ !!!!!! I read that book also. It?s wonderful. It is a Betazoid term of endearment, which Will and Dee used with each other. It conveys to me the thought of lovers who are two halves of one soul. Melty! I feel it fits S/U to a T ? since they are bonded emotionally and somewhat on a mental level and will eventually be in the fullest sense i.e. the Vulcan marriage rituals of tel-tor. [face_dancing] Betazoids bond with their life partners in an empathic way ? I do not believe there?s a telepathic element. [face_thinking]

Nat ? Hi! Thanks! :) Spock is a darling through that exchange, isn?t he, and after, -- foot always. [face_love]
    HelloKelly -- So glad to see you. :D Hope you got to see the movie so you can squee along with the rest of us LOL [face_dancing]

________
    A/N: The ?comm? meeting between Amanda and Nyota was featured in Mira_Jade?s ff.net viggie.

Entry #10

I loved our philosophical debates! We had some heated ones over the solution to the Kobayashi Maru and the ins and outs of the Prime Directive. I was not about to hold back my honest opinion--that it was patently unfair to devise a test without a feasible solution, or to implement a code that could never bow to the unforeseen crisis or the judgment of the commanding officer on the spot. It was illogical, I maintained, to adhere strictly to the letter of the law, in lieu of the spirit.
    I listened raptly to his rationale for the Maru program: that there were some things a textbook could not instill and that a ?hero without fear? was dangerous to himself and those under his command. And we were in full agreement about the Directive, each believing that unforeseen situations demanded a measure of flexibility but it must be tempered and guided by rational factors.

Today, we were discussing the frustrating gridlock that befalls many a democratic government, which becomes mired in self-serving agendas and never-ending infighting to the sacrifice of the people?s welfare. I had my hands planted on my hips, one of which was planted squarely on his desk. My smile was full of delight at the stimulating, invigorating exchange.

"Not many of my friends are up for these kinds of discussions," I said, "they're not frivolous, they just don't enjoy them for their own sake. And most of them feel like, why talk about it until you need to?"

"A very common tendency," Spock replied.

I snorted. "Thanks for not calling it a 'human', one." I said.

"I believe I've observed it in more than one race," he rejoined.

My thoughts flitted to Gaila. She was the most in-the-moment person I knew. If she ever thought a moment past the next instant's pleasure, it would be a surprise to most that knew her. I knew of her hard past and helped her through the rough patches. I felt she needed a friend, and I was willing to be one, when she'd let me. (Which wasn't often.)

I then thought of her romantic prospects. I wanted her to be as happy as I. She seemed to derive a great deal of pleasure in the fact that I had found love but, in contrast, did not seem to be in a hurry to find a life-mate of her own. Orions mated for life, once they found a suitable mate with an appetite as voracious. But, the only problem was to find someone who wanted

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes meeting Amanda[face_thinking] That should prove interesting. And loved the discussion about politics.

Lovely update=D=

20. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    I saw the movie last night! Sqeeeeeee! And so I'm off to the begining!

Lol. I put the Sqeeee in there and then I just saw your response to my post. [face_laugh]

21. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    I enjoyed that we get to see Uhura and Amanda talk some here. (And in Mira's fic, too.) It's something that was missed from the movie. Really, really missed. :)

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awesomeness with Amanda! And I also love the "hero withour fear" bit - nice SW reference :D

23. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    *Melts* That was so good!

Sigh. I just fell in love with Spock all over again. Second time this week too!

I like this swimsuit idea. You should take it and run with it. ;)

I can already picture then walking along the beach. =P~

Once again I loved it! And please add me to the Pm list.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    earlybird ? Thanks! I like the serious convos too ? implies a level of intelligent thoughtfulness and mutual respect for other than your own opinion. [face_thinking] Enjoyed giving the glimpse into Amanda and her warm vibrancy. :D

Kelly ? Yay! You?re in for a mushy mushy ride! [face_dancing] Wasn?t the movie too splentabulous? [face_dancing] ETA for Kelly on 03-23-10 ? You?re added to the list and my lands ? your review ? thank you so much and I will just have to do the whole beach thing separately or in a later entry ? melty indeed.

Daena ? Thank you so much and I agree totally.

Nat ? yes, quite awesome. [face_dancing] :cool: !! And that expression: Hero without fear ? I knew the SW fans would recognize it ? and it?s a recipe for disaster in any context. [face_thinking]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: This one is splentabulously mushy -- tried my hand at the angsty buildup -- whew! LOL

Squee! for the scrumptious mushalicious ending!

Entry #11

The losses Spock had suffered on a personal and on a societal level introduced a whole cargo hold's manifest of new issues, choices, and obligations when it came to our joined life paths. I trusted him implicitly and knew he would never leave me guessing or in the dark. The very thought that he would sacrifice his original goals and our plans, oh, it did things to my heart I couldn't begin to describe!

The trip he and I took in the transition to shipping out started off wonderfully. My suggestion of Paris for a getaway was the romantic thing I expected it to be. I bought a lovely outfit in teal and one in softest rose. Spock's reactions were all I could hope for.

I enjoyed all the espresso and cappuccino with foaming whipped cream and chocolate and hazel nuts that a lover could devour. I took in the historic sights and went on and on about all and sundry in the travel brochures and many things that were not included.

As we strolled along the Seine arm-in-arm, the moon's bright silver circle shone overhead, dappling the water and the trees with patterns of beauty and serenity.

"The royal families of Europe," I was now saying, "were notorious for their political alliances and their love matches of long duration. The kings would have mistresses for many years out in the open and unabashedly father one child after the other with them ... the only thing they couldn't do was legitimize them and they'd grant them titles and lands and then that would lead to all kinds of strife. What I can't understand is how a woman could consign herself to second place in spite of the alleged power this granted her and the actual power held by her secret lover. And the wife ... constantly humiliated and knowing she was unloved but only chosen for expediency. Why, even as late as the twentieth century, the Prince of Wales threw aside the lovely and sensitive Lady Diana for his old tart of an old flame ... and when they finally tied the knot, it wasn't long till all wasn't sweetness and light. I'm definite I would never allow myself to be in that position."

"And you know this ... how?" Came Spock's amused query.

I laughed. "I'm a history buff ... and I gravitate to the up close and personal ... but I only read the authorized biographies." I winked.

As I talked, my love's sense was one of amused interest in my turn of phrase and the things in the social and political history of Europe that captured my notice. However, as I mentioned forced choices and the unenviable positions of the rejected spouse, and the audacity of the usurper, it became decidedly ... harder to unravel the disparate elements.

"Is there something wrong? I'm sorry ... I do tend to --"

"No," he assured me, his mental touch warm and clear again. "It's nothing you said. I just think there are times when persons have to live in situations they would not choose for themselves and must choose between equally undesirable options for the pursuit of the benefit of others."

"At the sacrifice of their own well-being?" I asked incredulously. "There has to be a third choice, then." I finished emphatically with an inner qualm.

We took a cross country tour through rolling hills and lovely verdant valleys and sparkling rivers which gave way to vineyards which had been in existence for centuries. The landscape was blossoming and the skies were cerulean. The nights we stayed in picturesque bed and breakfasts with homey decors.

One afternoon, as we feasted on rich French cuisine complete with butter and wine sauce and a lovely dessert, I leaned back and perused the fluffy clouds overhead and indulged in a pastime of my childhood -- finding patterns in their changing shapes.

"That one looks like a dragon!" I said excitedly. "And not just your run of the mill dragon either. A dragon of Pern. When I was a little younger, I used to think if I could enter any wor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.