main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Cherished Moments - Then, Now, and Always 2010 Diary: Entry 28, 12-13-10, complete!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    You've read Pern!

I loved how this post wasn't just mush; it had a serious note to it as well. All mush should have problems. It's a law.

Can't wait for the next post!

Kat

2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    A very sweet and tender moment at the end. Gave me some goosebumps just thinking about their sincere and deep love for each other. I just now wonder if Spock will tell her that with the help of his elder self he was able to live HIS new life with her.

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    "You do have the most romantic fancies." He replied tenderly. "I find it best not to dwell too much on what cannot be."

(bold: needed a comma) That statement makes me wonder if he'd been considering something... *reads further...* Oh. He was. Awesome shading of the choice Spock had to consider all through this entry.

"I will not be entering one, except with you. I registered our names with the Elders; the only thing to register is the actual date. That can be filed later. There are two things I cannot conceive of, you see, Imzadi: myself without you or with anyone else. Never and always touching and touched ... I shall speak those words only to you."

:eek: ...wow... [face_love] Now that's a proposal. Wow... [face_love]

(Wait... do Vulcans use the term "Imzadi"? I thought that was a Betazoid thing...)

Good entry. :)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet hmmmm[face_love] Lovely how she can tell about her adventures. And Spock[face_love]:*

Excellent update=D==D=

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love that he still came back!!

6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Very very sweet! It sounds like Spock has made his choice and he has chosen Nyota. He's put in their names and he's talking about setting the date -- so where's the ring???;)

Nyota's so intelligent and passionate. Spock is a lucky man.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Kelly ? Yes, Pern has been a longstanding top nonSW fandoms since ages! Those hot, droolicious dragon riders LOL ? Ah! So you feel angst leads to better mush ? better appreciated maybe. ;) I?ve learned to enjoy the angst somewhat if I know for sure mush is coming. :D Thanks! :)
    RX ? Your sweet review melted me ? I?ve always wanted to have him tell her and couldn?t think of the *right* moment; now I have. Thank you! [face_love]
    Daena ? Yes ? on my second or third draft LOL I made it clearer that the decision making process was that: a process, not an easy or quick one ? one that balanced all factors ? but one that also never lost sight of the issues of the heart. [face_love] [face_love] As to endearments ? I sent a PM about that. ;)
    Earlybird ? Thank you! :D
    Nat ? So do I ? once loving and being loved by such as she, who could stay away?! I celebrate the miraculous, yummy trueness of their love with every breath I take ? literally. It fills my heart with gladness, yes indeedy. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    diva ? Thank you. :D Yes, she is and yes he is. LOL About the ring ? ;) :) This will be a special surprise later on. :D Things got pushed a bit out of order by circumstance ? i.e. getting acquainted with the potential prospective in-laws LOL

Entry #12

My recollections of the Lady Amanda were a blend of loss, regret, and warm regard, and a healthy dose of self-recrimination. I was touched and moved by the fact that Spock did not hold me even remotely responsible for the horrific events of that day ? the barest thought of the possibility of the loss of his regard for me had added to the mind-numbing heartache.

He never shut me out. He merely stayed focused on the task at hand. I had offered support immediately, and my empathetic reaction was heightened by our connection.

At the first opportunity after the demands of seeking and administering justice, I went to provide what solace I could. As soon as the doors closed behind me, I seized my love in a crushing hold, molding us tightly together. I shed enough tears for the both of us.

I drew back just slightly after long moments to ask very gently: ?Would you like me to order up something, Earl Grey tea, perhaps ? extra hot??

?Just stay.? He implored.

?Of course, my heart, always.? I answered lovingly. I felt he had regained a measure of serenity through my presence and touch ? as much as could be for the moment. He held me closer still.

The first time I wore the firestones, however, was a turning point. I loved them, because they'd been hers as a betrothal gift, and Spock had given them to me (which, at the time, had me over the moon)--but I wasn't about to wear them too soon.

But one evening, at a diplomatic reception, I decided to wear them since they went with my evening dress, bringing out the colors that graced the bodice and hem.

Spock left the function as soon as courtesy allowed, and I escaped soon after and found him on the observation deck, the glow of stars at sublight glinting in his dark eyes; (at warp, the effect was even more delightful.) I sent an inquiring thought his way. He reached out a hand to draw me to stand beside him at the viewport. He released my hand and touched the shimmering stones.

"I'm sorry, Imzadi," I whispered. "Is it too ..."

His hand stilled, and his eyes grew even darker. "No," he said, "Nyota, I ... my mother ..." he broke off and sent through our bond, made stronger by our clasped hands, all the sorrows for the what-ifs and the never-can-says and should-have-dones.

"Oh," I whispered, closing my eyes and tightening my grip. "Give me your memories. A grief divided, after all ..."

He obliged by a light melding. I was very comfortable with the level of mental and emotional sharing that this entailed. I basked in it actually, feeling honored to share this level of mutual vulnerability with one I held so dear.

The memory of the perplexing nature of Amanda's loving smile when he was four--that brought an answering smile to my lips... Spock's rageful actions against his schoolmates'

8. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Yes ? on my second or third draft LOL I made it clearer that the decision making process was that: a process, not an easy or quick one ? one that balanced all factors ? but one that also never lost sight of the issues of the heart.

It never is as simple as it seems from the outside... and if you needed to go through a couple drafts to see, then I'm glad you did. :)

"I'm sorry, Imzadi," I whispered. "Is it too ..."

His hand stilled, and his eyes grew even darker. "No," he said, "Nyota, I ... my mother ..."

:_| :_|

Her most exquisite legacy rested in my arms and in the center of my heart, and for that alone I owed her honor and love to my last breath.

I wanted to quote everything, but... wow... Loved, loved, loved (ad infinitum) this loving and fitful tribute to Amanda.

Well done and wonderful entry, Jade_eyes. :)

9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Nyota gave Spock great comfort and support after the loss of Amanda and I'm glad that you showed her growing connection to ease his pain. Great again as always.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great update showing the love Uhura and Spock feel for Amanda. She was a 'great' lady@};-

11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Do you know what I adore? How wonderfully mushy your angst-y build-up is!! I knew where it was going, so I just kinda grinned like a loony bin escapee the whole time reading it. [face_laugh] Oh, it feels good to be reading this again!! :D

There are so many things to love in this chapter: First, FRANCE!! I felt like I was there, and am seriously craving espresso on the Seine while reading Victor Hugo! I felt all warm inside, your atmosphere was perfect. And then the drama - Spock being noble. Again. Shireen kicking butt. Again. Nyota being made of awesome. Again. And Kirk's advice - awesome, awesome, and more awesome!! I do adore seeing him growing up. [face_love]

And then the conversation that they needed to have. She had her resignation already written!! If that's not love, I don't know what is - that girl lives for her career (and him, as you've shown). That whole scene was PERFECT!! :D :D :D

And then, this takes that whole cake!!!:

Spock replied: "I will not be entering one, except with you. I registered our names with the Elders; the only thing to register is the actual date. That can be filed later. There are two things I cannot conceive of, you see, Imzadi: myself without you or with anyone else. Never and always touching and touched ... I shall speak those words only to you."

Um, can I say SQUEE!!!!!! It's perfect - matter of fact, straight forward, take my breath away without meaning to, completely sincere perfectly perfect mushiest proposal ever!!!!

Erm . . .

I mean, I enjoyed it . . . A little. ;)

Okay, alot! [:D]

As always. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    So lovely!! I like Nyota's ties to Amanda.

13. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    :_| I loved that one. It was very touching. What was the nickname she called Spock though?

I'm being kicked ofright now but I'll post more later! :D

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    =D= "I'm sorry, Imzadi," I whispered. "Is it too ..."

His hand stilled, and his eyes grew even darker. "No," he said, "Nyota, I ... my mother ..." he broke off and sent through our bond, made stronger by our clasped hands, all the sorrows for the what-ifs and the never-can-says and should-have-dones.

"Oh," I whispered, closing my eyes and tightening my grip. "Give me your memories. A grief divided, after all ..."

Beautiful! =D=

15. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Ashal'veh is such a beautiful word. [face_love] There should be a Star Wars equivalent. ;)

*dreamy sigh* I just absolutely adore your Spock and Nyota. :)

They are perfect for one another.

=D=

16. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    Post continued like promised!

I loved the sweetness of the overall post and thought the memory scene was perfect. The way you captured the flash-back was very well done.

Loved Spock!

Kat

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi all & thanks for the reviews! :D

Ceil -- it is lovely and they so deserve each other!

Vadey - thanks for stopping in and best of luck with starting classes soon!

Kelly: Don't we all!

Mira - thanks for the sweet review! I melted and was gooified from first word to last! He has the straight-up totally adorable sweetness down pat! [face_love]

_________

A/N: Delicious retelling in first person of Mira?s ?Year Marks the Day.?

Entry #13

Reflecting on our first anniversary dinner is a case in point of how I can keep finding reasons to fall in love all over again like it was still day #1.

I had been fidgety and full of sighs during my day's routine to the point where the Captain noticed and called me on it with a sharply puzzled look. ?You seem particularly restive, Lieutenant. Is something the matter??

I acted all oblivious and shrugged it off. ?Hmmm? I assure you Captain, I?m fine. You have no cause to complain about my efficiency, certainly??

?Of course not. This is just routine monitoring ? you could do that with your eyes closed ?? He praised. ?I just noticed you seemed a bit ? antsy.?

?Just tired is all.? I answered. I concentrated on not letting my distractedness show, but Spock noticed anyhow and gave me a curious, concerned look, but I continued to act nonchalant.

By the end of the day, I was completely discombobulated and out of sorts.

I stepped into the lift and found a new transfer to Engineering there ahead of me. I scowled. I really didn?t feel like being sociable.

?Hi.? She said. ?I?m Yolette.?

I gave her my name and she stopped the car. ?Ah! So you?re the one!?

?The one ? what?? I asked, not sure I wanted to hear the answer.

?The lucky lady who snagged the inscrutable but totally ?fascinating? Commander Spock.? She smiled but without a yearning look, so my instinctive possessiveness wasn?t aroused.

I couldn?t help but laugh. ?Yes, I?m the one.?

?Sweet.? She grinned. ?Sulu?s hot too, though. I got my eye on him.?

I shrugged and winked. ?Best of luck, there.? Sulu was warm and open, as Yolette seemed to be. They would doubtless make a fine couple in the future.

When we got off the lift, our light exchange had me in a better mood, somewhat.

I went to my quarters and contemplated a stash of chocolates but couldn't really settle on that or anything else. When Spock called me to meet for dinner, my stomach was all in a tumble of butterflies. I didn't know what to expect.

When I walked through the door, I certainly got a stupendously wonderful surprise!!! Tantalizing scents and sights greeted me. I stopped and stared and then stared some more, for all the world like a duck out of water.

The lights were dimmed, and the soft glow of candlelight flickered around the entire room.
    Ah! The delicious aroma of my favorite Mediterranean dishes ? oils and garlics and pine nuts crusted over chicken and rice and salads.

As understanding filled me, I beamed in delighted wonder, clasping my hands together in front of my mouth, casting my eyes from one point of the sitting room to the next with eager eyes.

The low sitting table, usually commandeered at this hour by both of our work files, was covered with an immaculate spread ? graceful flutes of an amber colored liquid, and sprigs of baby's breath intermixed with pale pink rose buds (real, honest to goodness flowers!) resting in a crystal vase that threw the candlelight this way and that.

Candles ... there were hundreds of them, lingering in strategic alcoves and standing on gently twining stands everywhere. There was an eye for design, coupled with elegance and simplicity in the placements, and the thoughtfulness that had gone into it touched me more than a room full of rose petals ever would.

From hidden speakers, I could hear old world Terran jazz filling the air. I swayed slightly, closing my eyes to the familiar notes of ?Fever?, humming the lines under my breath. It had been the song playing at the jazz club outside of San Francisco the first time he had officiall

18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Happy Anniversary Nyota and Spock! [face_love]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet yummy sweet update first year anniversary[face_love]:*:)

She is adorable and Spock:*

Lovely@};-[:D][face_dancing]

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Very sweet!! And the bit about the new girl and Sulu was cute :D

21. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    ?Hmmm? I assure you Captain, I?m fine. You have no cause to complain about my efficiency, certainly??

Maybe not, but he DID notice that she was bummed!!!! That counts!

Yolette and Sulu... [face_thinking] (Or... Sulu's so in for it and doesn't even know yet!!! [face_dancing] )

And that surprise anniversary greeting from Spock... [face_love] (Kirk saved his bacon! Kirk saved his bacon!)

Well done and wonderful entry, Jade_eyes. :)

22. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    I may have asked this before but what am I missing about the cheesecake?

Very sweet and endearing scene and personally I would love a Sulu/Yolette pairing in this story. D'awwwww.

Spock once again made my heart melt! With his psycic knowledge of when a woman needs her chocolate. Sqeeee! [face_love]

Great post Jade_Eyes! I loved it!

P.S Was this Fever by Micheal Buble?

23. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    It's an odd feeling indeed to see my words in something else, but I think in the end, I enjoy it much more than actually initially writing the entry myself!! I am just all grins after reading that - your Nyota and Spock are adorable enough to redefine the word, and your rather romantic spin on the entry had me grinning from ear to ear. [face_love]

Now, I believe that I have some Buble to go listen to . . . [face_laugh]

~MJ @};-

24. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    [face_love] He put a lot of thought into their first anniversary.

Cheesecake, huh? Yummy.

=D=

25. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Adorable and sweet as cheesecake.

I love that even though this is clearly a foreign idea to Spock, he does it for her.[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.