Story [Star Trek 2009] Cherished Moments - Then, Now, and Always 2010 Diary: Entry 28, 12-13-10, complete!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Mira_Jade
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Hi all! This was a delightful entry to write ? Squee! Yolette is a delicious OC and she and Sherralyn will be featured strongly in a diary spin off of the happy trio of friends with Nyota as the heart and center [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] It will chronicle their friendship through the years ? I just need to find a love interest for Sherralyn.

Kelly: - the cheesecake comes into play because Nyota, like the author, LOL loves cheesecake, chocolate, and is ticklish! ;) And Spock steady melts me! It?s like a constant feature of my fangirlishness. :) And yes, of course, the song is by Michael Buble. :D :D

Daena ? loved your exuberant review! :) We?ll make you into a reviewer full of happy dancing faces like yours truly [face_laugh]

Mira ? I love first personing your nummies. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] And I get downright grizzly grumpy without an S/U fix Mira style. :D

Ceillean ? ah yes! Cheesecake isn?t the only thing that?s yummy LOL Oh mi querido ? foot I wish I knew Italian ? I?d be serenading that sugar pie honey bunch!!!!!!

Divapilot ? isn?t it though? And that he does it for her makes it all the sweeter. :* :* :* I could write a thousand word essay on what I think they each get out of their relationship and what I get out of their relationship. I would be melting with each syllable! [face_love]

______
    A/N: Inspired by Mira?s ?By All Means Envious?; the foot rub and Len/Nyota conspiracy are mine LOL!

Entry #14 ? part 1

Jealousy can arise in the most exclusive, committed, and genuine of loving relationships. The sincerity and intensity of affection seems to fuel the possessiveness rather startlingly. Once aroused within me, I was quite stunned by the strength and tenacity of those feelings. Of course, I was very proactive about them.

Christine Chapel had recently served on a remote starbase. She was to be the fleet counterpart of head or charge nurse but with more hands-on duties, of course. She was gorgeous, blonde, curvy, and sported a uniform that seemed to be a bit past regulation for my taste, yet her taste in shoes (and other things) was excellent.

It wasn't long until I noticed her "noticing" Spock. She had to ... she was still breathing after all. But did her glances have to be so lingering and glowy? I picked up on this instantly and gave her sharp looks, which either didn't register or she ignored them conveniently.

I had no concerns whatsoever about his end of things, but I wasn't about to let anyone even try to ... !!! Even though Chapel told me she was glad for me once she knew about our relationship, her glances toward my dear one were still a little dewy-eyed for my liking.

When Kirk made a comment about the "other Spock" and his thoughts regarding Christine, I "accidentally" threw a stylus at him--it was a lucky thing for him I didn't have a lapcomp in my hands!

"Just making an observation." He said off-handedly.

"One I can do without!" I replied coldly.

This exchange made me even more vigilant and coolly distant in my attitude toward Christine.

Then, something occurred which brought out the fiercely territorial lioness in me.

Garin II was a class M planet that we beamed down to in a peacekeeping effort on behalf of the Federation teams on the planet. After the initial fracas (or two) things even went remarkably well, due in very large part to Kirk's quick thinking and downright ferociousness that he exuded when he had a friend in danger. I felt that he deserved everything about his title, and so much more--like my endless gratitude, as when the friend in question was a Spock, who had taken a heavy blast in the opening scuffle. My heart in my throat, I rushed down to sickbay as fast as I possibly could.

It was a bad hit, and yet it was more painful than it was life threatening. Still, the even paler cast to his skin had made my guts churn and twist with apprehension, and the pain clouding his eyes as he flickered in and out of consciousness made something heavy and hot gather in the back of my throat.

I crowded past all the medical staff, oblivious to McCoy's shouti
  2. divapilot Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Clever girl - she got her man free of any unwanted attention and a sweet pair of boots, too! ;) Very nice.
  3. DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Master

star 5
    We?ll make you into a reviewer full of happy dancing faces like yours truly

That... was the sugar high. ;) (That I'm admitting to, that is...)

When Kirk made a comment about the "other Spock" and his thoughts regarding Christine, I "accidentally" threw a stylus at him--it was a lucky thing for him I didn't have a lapcomp in my hands!

[face_laugh]

I crowded past all the medical staff, oblivious to McCoy's shouting 'anyone in here who isn't dying or saving someone who's dying ? get out!' to get to Spock's side, only to find that that position was taken.

You know... it took me a while to warm to Karl Urban as McCoy after he was both Julius Caesar and Eomer. But he did pull it off, just like you're doing here with spot-on characterization. Awesome.

?How can I fault her for good taste?? I asked, a lightness in my voice.

So, so true...

"Shall we get up or are you just getting comfortable?" he teased softly.

I smiled and we shared a lingering kiss or three. "Hold that thought. I'll be out of the shower in 15 minutes."

His warm, caressing thoughts got me out in 10.

[face_love]

Well done and good entry, Jade_eyes. :)
  4. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Loved this entry with the scheming and conflicts. Mc Coy is great and Kirk is the 'ladies man'
    Uhura is perfect with Spock=D=
    Great humor[face_laugh] and lovely love scenes[face_love]
  5. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    This was just a perfect wrap-up to a crazy day to sit down and read one of your journal entries!!

Okay, I downright adore Nyota in protective road. There was steam coming from my computer when her claws came out, and her added mental thoughts that you brought to to story livened it and sharpened an already veeeeeery vivid picture in my mind. [face_mischief]

Like here:

"Just making an observation." He said off-handedly.

"One I can do without!" I replied coldly.

ROFL!!!!! [face_laugh]

I stopped, my jaw dropping open as I saw red.
    Oh hell no, don't look! Don't touch! Don't even think about it! I was both afraid and angry.

And there. [face_love] =D=

And theeeeen . . . [face_dancing]

I smiled and we shared a lingering kiss or three. "Hold that thought. I'll be out of the shower in 15 minutes."

His warm, caressing thoughts got me out in 10.

Oh yeah ? the added footrub took the cake. [face_love] I almost loved it as much as matchmaker!mccoy and boot=wearing-vixen!Nyota. Lol!!

Gosh darnit, but why wasn't there a foot rub scene in this the first time around? [face_laugh] :oops:

[:D]

~MJ @};-
  6. Ceillean Jedi Master

star 5
    I had to laugh at the part where Nyota started humming Unchained Melody. :p

Well...I'm pretty sure she doesn't have to worry about Spock eyeing any other woman. He's got it bad for Nyota. [face_mischief]
  7. HelloKelly Jedi Youngling

star 3
    D'awwww. She got her boots! And Spock such a sexy clueless guy.

I'm glad Kurk has a woman now. Annnnnd she got boots!

I mean if you have boots and a guy who loves you what else do you need? Oh wait. More boots!
  8. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    [face_laugh] Nyota jealous is pretty funny :D
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Divapilot ? Thanks! :D Nyota knows how to have her cake and eat it too ? with frosting ? sweet lickable frosting [face_laugh] [face_mischief] Woot!

Daena ? :) McCoy absolutely rocked in the movie and he?s so the Trek version of Han Solo, i.e. the reigning King of Snark. [face_laugh] Loved the bits you quoted ? a lot. :D

Earlybird ? Thanks. :D LOL! McCoy and Jim are two of a kind aren?t they? And she so totally is. Loved infusing the humor in the dialogue; the love scenes :) ? Squee!

Mira ? Thanks!!!! [:D] I love the first person POV for that reason especially ? being able to put in thoughts and emotions very intensely and forthrightly. :D I loved adding that little exchange between she and Jim ;) and matchmaker McCoy in league with Nyota was a hoot! [face_mischief] Protective Nyota is absolutely adorable [face_dancing] and the foot rub was ? delicious! *melts*

Cei ? Thanks! :* LOL! I had that song running through my head when I did up that entry and the lyrics are so wonderful anyway :D And aren?t we glad he does only have eyes for her? (I love that song too! LOL) Squee! Squee! Squee! LOL Yes, we are! [faceMacDonalds really happy tune]

Kelly: - I?m glad Jim has Christine for more than one reason LOL And what else can a woman want when she has himself to love her ? not much, when heaven is hers for the taking ? Squee! Squee! Woohoo! Sexy is right! Baby! Yessiree! =P~

Nat ? Thanks! I love getting your LOL especially, the one who can even make red apples funny ;) as in Apples to Apples [face_laugh]

______

Entry #14 ? part 2

The fact that my dear one could experience pangs of jealousy as well was a startling one and very heartwarming to discover.

Alastair Watkins was someone in my department whom I was directly mentoring, along with Janice Rand. They were recent transfers and usually joined me for work sessions together, so I was totally unprepared for how it would be to work with Watkins alone. Janice came down with a nasty bout of flu, and Watkins suddenly became a serious ? pest. He kept asking me questions during our shift--idiotic things that made me roll my eyes when he wasn't looking. Either he was too dunderheaded to look for what he needed to know or he was looking for an excuse to talk to me.

Watkins looked at me as if I were gourmet chocolate as I slipped a few strands of hair back into its clip, leaned back in my chair, and crossed my ankles while taking a brief break from perusing a stack of reports.
    Spock - I noticed - had not missed a single bit of it and understood the implications entirely. His focus on his work became much more intense than the task required. He worked at the console keys with a single-minded vigor.

I slanted my eyes at him as if to say: "What's up?"

His answering glance was an innocent shrug as if to say: ?I don?t know what you?re talking about.?

Uh-huh.

I hurried to catch up to Spock who was making good time down the corridor.

?Hey, slow up, won?t you? I?m off to the gym too.? I called.

?As you wish.? He replied. His tone was noncommittal, not the usual welcoming one I was used to or expected. I raised an eyebrow at that.

I slid my arm through his. ?Love, if I didn?t know better, I?d say you were uptight about something.? I pressed.

He gave me a look that said: ?Really? You don?t say.?

As I ?casually? expressed my irked reaction to Watkins? unwelcome overtures, his attitude and sense got progressively softer and more comfortable as it brushed mine.

?You don?t think I was encouraging him in any way, do you?? I finished incredulously. I thought briefly of the lovely anniversary surprise he?d given to me a few days earlier. No one else could ever even come close to melting and touching my heart so profoundly.

Spock replied warmly: ?The veracity of your affection was never the issue, Nyota ashal-veh.? He drew me to the side as another group passed us and said definitively: ?Of course not. But, the mere fact that he pursued you so assiduously ? though naturally, he couldn?t fail to notice your obvious attractions, it was still most trying to ha
  10. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Lovely. Watkins;) and his crush on Uhura and the way she describes it and getting along with Spock. And under the shower[face_love]:*

A mushy update[face_dancing]
  11. DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Master

star 5
    [face_laugh] Loved the way she dealt with Watkins... and that shower scene? [face_love]

Awesomely done, Jade_eyes. :)
  12. divapilot Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Oh, my. I think it got awfully hot in here![face_blush]
  13. HelloKelly Jedi Youngling

star 3
    :oops: [face_worried] :mad: [face_laugh] :eek: [face_blush] =P~ [face_love]

That about covers it! In order even! Squiggles!
  14. Ceillean Jedi Master

star 5
    Then Watkins looked at me as if I were gourmet chocolate.

Well, she does have that lovely skin color to match. ;)

The next day after shift, I was working out in the multigrav gym, doing aerobics. I blushed to think what Gaila (or Miranda) would suggest for activities my love and I could partake of in lunar G or free fall!

My thoughts now wander in directions they should not be wandering...[face_mischief]

And that last bit...[face_love]
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Tell ME! about it!

=P~

=P~

into bucket!

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    And now to the rest of the wonderful readers out there: Thanks oodles!!! Your support is stellar!

_____

Entry #15

The mission to Alpha III occurred quite early in our tour of duty and was a blur to me at some points. Those details were filled in by others later.

I was part of a landing party designated to oversee the transfer of vital communications, scientific, and archival data to safekeeping to an offworld repository on Memory Alpha to keep it out of the hands of militant terrorists.

All was going well. I and Spock and Security Chief Bradley and the squad had been successful in contacting the regional council and the chief Archivist. Our meeting had been arranged on a secure and scrambled channel so that word of it wouldn't leak out.

As it turned out, someone on the regional council was a spy for the opposition, so in the end the militant faction knew where we were meeting. As we exited the library facility and turned down a broad avenue toward a well-known restaurant, our party was attacked from within one of the side alcoves.

The squad with us wasn't caught napping; they returned fire almost immediately. The combatants didn't use standard phasers; if they had, they wouldn't be set to stun. We weren't wearing projectile repellent armor either, feeling that our meeting was uncompromised.

The militants attacked us with projectiles in a heavy rain of fire. Our communicators were being jammed - we noticed that at about the same time.

I didn't have a weapon; I was carrying the equipment. I dove to the side to protect its contents.

Suddenly, a sharp pain seared its way through my left shoulder. A shot had] broken through the squad's protective screen.

"Lieutenant!! You've been hit!" one of them cried.

I was in a haze for much of that which followed.

Spock was kneeling beside me, staunching my wound with both hands.

"Work on getting through, Commander," I said, "That's the..."

"Lieutenant, rest easy. The attackers have been apprehended. The data is safe. Bradley's working on getting through now that the jamming's stopped. Our main priority now is to ensure our safe return and your immediate treatment." Concern laced through his voice and his touch.

"Imzadi, thank you," I breathed.

The Chief had finally gotten through. We were beamed aboard, with chaos in the streets finally settling down to a dull roar.

My wound was less serious than it looked. After a high dose of analgesics and a scan to see that all was well, I was let go. Spock, assured of my relative lack of injury, at least of a serious nature, was in a lessened state of anxious watchfulness.

Back in my quarters--this was before we combined living space--he stayed with me, brushing my hair back from my eyes, his kiss taking away any lingering vestige of discomfort I might remotely be feeling (and definitely adding to my sense of well-being, though the fog I was in from the meds dulled the intensity or my ability to reciprocate much.)

I heard and felt his warm promise to never let me come into harm's way again.

I reached back with loving gratitude and drifted into a dreamless sleep.

That wasn't the only sweet thing he did for me in the immediate aftermath. I had light duty the following day, so I worked on an independent collaboration project. Sherralyn and I were teaming up to integrate divergent dialects of a race that had two mouths, thus they spoke in stereo.

I was in the lab, when Christine came in to check on me, professionally, and as a friend. Our budding friendship was a pleasant surprise to me, but now that I was no longer stressed over her all-too-understandable crushing, we got along very well together.

She had a portable medscanner in one hand and a tall mug of mocha in the other.

"Hi," she greeted. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine." I smiled. "And thanks for the drink!"

"Not my idea," she demurred. "It's courtesy of Mr. Spock."

I beamed and took a long sip.

"You're totally up to par." Chris smiled and put the scanne
  17. RX_Sith C&G Game Host and SFTC Winner

Game Host
    star 5
    A very good look inside some of Nyota's and Spock's relationship with each other before they had moved in together. They definitely bring out the best in each other the more time that they spend together. Excellent insight into their different missions and resolutions.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    WOW Uhura has an exquisite sweet style of writing in this post. Loved how Christine cared for her.

Excellent update=D==D==D=
  19. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That's very sweet!! And different, for this diary; both parts, the injury and the fighting :p
  20. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    First off, I have to say that I adore this entry! [face_love] Shocker, huh? :p

I love how you stepped out a little in your setting and tone. (OMG - there was bickering!! [face_laugh] ;)) The action, while short, drew the reader in and left you wondering. The recovery was adorable - as always, you can write a sweet pile of fluff of pure cotton candy and turn it into gourmet chocolate. I bow to you there!! =D=

And while Spock has demonstrated in your entries time and time again that he is the ideal guy, this just solidified it:

She had a portable medscanner in one hand and a tall mug of mocha in the other.

"Hi," she greeted. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine." I smiled. "And thanks for the drink!"

"Not my idea," she demurred. "It's courtesy of Mr. Spock."

For the love of the force and every other higher being ever believed in or dreamed up - that is the clincher. He. Brings. Her. Coffee. Sign me up with the ring and forever, baby!! [face_laugh]

Not that I have a penchant for caffeinated beverages, or anything of the like. ;)

[face_worried] [face_whistling]

Erm, anyway, I also enjoyed the convo with Christine. I adore seeing their relationship as friends blossom and develop. The very easily could have been permanent cat-fighters (had Chris not found a very delectable match in Kirk. @};-) ? but you had them grow and rise above that.

Nyota's advice was sound and practical. =D=

And I loved how the love-birds 'fought'. [face_laugh] Oh my goodness ? Vulcan practicalities and Human sensibilities at their best, huh? [face_thinking] I love that even a 'fight' between them was over her misinterpreting advice that was meant to sooth and console her. Spock, let a girl rant, though ? it's healthy! As she wonderfully showed him. [face_love]

And then there was make-up mush. Nope, I'm not going to complain about them arguing at all ? as a matter of fact, can they do it more often? [face_laugh] [face_love]

As always, this is a well written, very well put together entry.

I can't wait for more!! :D

[face_dancing]

[:D]

~MJ @};-
  21. DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Master

star 5
    Love that she just can't stay mad at him.

Good entry. :)
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Thanks for the super feedback. :D

Entry #16

During a shore leave less than a month later, I was shopping with Christine and Janice. (Yolette was also part of my close circle, but she had run into family unexpectedly and was spending the evening with them.)

I bought a light burgundy strapless dress and ear rings of purest jade and another pair that were in the shape of golden leaves.

We were coming up the slidewalk toward a restaurant when Janice said in a hushed whisper: "That brainless wonder behind you has been holding his wrist comm but isn't talking to anyone -- I bet anything he's taking pictures up our skirts!"

"He'd better not be, or I'll ram it down his throat!" I retorted. "That's strictly private property!"

We all laughed.

"It was sporting of you two to let your guys do the male bonding thing." Janice observed with a wink.

"We decided it was only fair." Christine replied with a grin. "We monopolized their time yesterday."

"Chekov and Sulu were convinced to go along." I observed. "It's anyone's guess who will head for the topless bars and who will renege."

"It's a hands-down tie." Janice said with a wink.

"Jim better not be the one to suggest it!" Chris said hotly. "Or he'll get more than the cold shoulder."

"Ouch!" I winced with a laugh.

As it turned out, the men who were involved didn't hit the highlights of the singles scene. Chris and I were very happy to hear that (as I knew Yolette would be also).

When I modeled the burgundy dress, my love's eyes took on an ardent glow. I moved to stand beside him and we locked gazes.

He reached out and trailed a hand from my wrist to my shoulder then drew me near. Little shivers went up my spine at the savoring touch.

"I had a fun time this evening with the ladies." I murmured, nestling closer.

He nuzzled my neck and whispered: "Did you, indeed?"

My insides were a big melted gloppy goo puddle by now. "Yes," I said. "Even if I couldn't keep from thinking of you all the evening long. I'd see something or hear something and couldn't wait to tell you about it."

"I had a similar experience, ashal-veh." He replied.

I gazed into his dark eyes and said softly: "When I bought this, I thought of how wonderful it would be to wear it while on a date. Your reaction is all I hoped it would be."

Spock's eyes told me plainly that as lovely as the dress was, the greatest part of the stunning allure for him was that I was the one wearing it in the first place.

I reached over to the music disc changer to select the song "Just the Way You Look Tonight." I hummed along to the sweet words.

He stroked my shoulders, and I smiled happily.

Suddenly, I remembered it was time for my biweekly chat with my sister. We kept our talks brief and sent longer messages to fill in the gaps. Reluctantly, I started to disengage from his grasp and said regretfully: "I have to go; I have to call my sister ... it's my turn. See you in the morning ..."

"You may leave those, if you would rather." He suggested quietly as I picked up my parcels.

"No sense in cluttering your space with my jewelry." I replied with a low chuckle.

"You may call her from here, and if the call takes too long, you are certainly more than welcome to stay over, Nyota."

I paused at the tone as well as the words.

"I find those evenings you stay and the mornings afterwards to be noticeably more to my liking than those when you do not." He continued.

I clutched the door not because I was eager to leave but because I was just about to float away on a cloud of elation.

He and I shared nights together spontaneously and frequently, more often during a seven-day interval than not. I too found the mornings when I woke with him beside me quite delightful and enough to set my day off to a splendid start. I set my parcels back down and went to wrap him up in a warm hug.

"I think it's high time we got combined quarters officially." I said softly. "The sooner the better. I can't imagine a superior way to starting a
  23. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Aww, Spock is so cute!!

I want to know what the guys did :p
  24. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sweet mushy update and yes what were the guys up to?[face_thinking]
  25. DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Master

star 5
    The sooner the better. I can't imagine a superior way to starting and ending my day, every day, than to have you beside me." I blushed and whispered: "And in the shower to boot."

"Yes." Spock replied, running one hand slowly up my back while the other held me fast around the waist. "The shower ..."

[face_love]

Good entry. :)
Moderators: Mira_Jade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.