main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Cherished Moments - Then, Now, and Always 2010 Diary: Entry 28, 12-13-10, complete!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Amazing again as always. You really have Nyota down perfectly in all of these and she continues to grow exponentially as a character. =D=

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Absolutely lovely and congrats. You are the best with Spock and Uhura

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Congrats on your noms. [:D]

I grinned and teased: "Aren't you the least bit curious about my erstwhile suitors back home?"

A sudden chill pervaded our bond. "No," He said in firm, clipped tones.

"Are you sure?"

"They are completely irrelevant and should not even enter your mind, as they certainly are not worthy of even a fleeting thought in mine."

I didn't succeed in not melting. Awesome that he can be honest and mean this.

Good entry. :)

4. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Absolutely lovely. Nyota's character just seems to blossom with each post.

Mmmmmh. I can't wait for Spock and Nyota's sister to meet. [face_laugh]

As always I'm axiously awaiting your next post.

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    ?So, what did you say to my mother?? I asked breathlessly, my eyes taking on that glow that they had for him, and only for him.

?I told her,? he said between kisses, ?that I would continue to cherish you.?
    [face_love]

total keeper right here [face_love]

Congrats on your noms [:D]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi all -- thanks for the wonderful comments & yes sweetie's definitely a keeper [face_love] [face_love] [face_melting into bucket]

_______

A/N: Gorgeous ceremony and the spheres with all their uniqueness taken from Mira?s ?Remember Then with Fondness over Grief?

Entry #20

The very public memorial for all those that had been lost in the conflagration of Nero?s vendetta was a moving yet very extravagant occasion.

While I was touched and impressed by the concept of lighting memorial orbs, I could not help thinking that the ultra-private Vulcan race would find it a bit overwhelming ? all the speeches and the grand banquet to follow.

I was fighting to keep my hands still as I buttoned upmy dress uniform. For this, I had opted against the skirt and wore a severe red jacket that proudly displayed my rank over a perfectly pressed pair of pants. My dress boots shone, and the smart creak of leather was music to my ears. The white gloves that went with the ensemble clearly showed any smudge, so I was waiting for the last moment to don them.

I was twisting my hair up in an elegant bun while next to me Spock was polishing his rank insignia. I tried to watch him discreetly out of the corner of my eye, looking for the small, telltale indicators of his mood.

His face gave nothing away; his presence at the back of my mind carefully serene and calm.

He could not have been feeling only that. All day he had been silent, his whole manner pensive. The morning through he had spent with Sarek, who was one of the speaking dignitaries; and the few hours I had shared with him had been spent without words passed between us. I knew that he had to be more conflicted than he showed.

When I had entered from a work shift earlier, I had found him sitting cross legged on the floor, a box of possessions out before him, and something that looked suspiciously like a jewelry box in his hand that he was staring contemplatively at. He had said it was nothing and shielded it from view, but I knew that if he was getting nostalgic then he was more affected by the proceedings than he let onto.

?You don't have to shield from me,? I whispered softly, knowing that he would know what I was talking about without having to elaborate. ?I want to know how you are feeling ... I want to help.?

He rolled his shoulders elegantly. ?There is nothing to share,? he murmured softly, his eyes staring straight ahead.

I looked at him, letting my gaze linger and become painfully obvious. You don't actually expect me to buy that, do you? I thought.

Finally, he returned my gaze. I was offered a hesitant assurance from his mind. It wasn't enough, but I was out of time to question it as the intercom announced our arrival into Vulcan space. Spock noticeably stiffened, his entire demeanor straight and severe.

To the Captain's and my inquiries, he offered terse assurances.

When our shuttle landed there was a telltale flash of yellow from the bulbs outside of the landing pad. I observed them with a grimace, wondering why they couldn't just leave well enough alone.

Immediately, we were accosted by questions and flashing cameras. There was a clamor from reporters from a dozen different species, and I had to fight to stay one step ahead of them.

It would have been easier if I didn't stick to Spock's side, no doubt. As the half-Vulcan member of the celebrated crew, he was zeroed in on like blood in the water. His terse 'no comments' turned into neutral statements that let him eventually bow out gracefully.

I could feel his ire and impatience at the back of my mind, and it was one of the strongest things I had felt from him in days.

I bit my tongue to keep myself from asking him how he was holding up, but it was a hard thing to do. Instead, I brushed my first two fingers against his and passed as much of my love and support to him that I could. He would briefly press back before drawing into himself again, his whole manner outwardly Vulcan even as everything human in him simmered tempestuously.

We were welcomed by Admiral

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Gah, I didn't remember this being so emotional the first time I stumbled through it. :oops: Man, but I am tearing up now. :( :_|

As always - I love your additions. Having Janice and Christine and Yolette talking to her at the banquet was a treat. I loved the comparison to Hobbie and Wes - oh, I could so see that happening as they grow into themselves. [face_love]

And the last few lines - you do know how to make the most romantic statements sound natural and adoring. I admire that talent in you. [:D]

As always, thanks for the great rendition, and the great read! [:D]

~MJ @};-

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a really touching update with the lights and the gift from Spock.

Loved the entire read giving us even more insights in the characters.
    And a nice touch with Hobbie and Wes.

=D==D==D=

9. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Still somewhat non-verbal and would also like to get out of Animorph AU mode, but I am here, so review I'm gonna...

?I want to know how you are feeling ... I want to help.?

He rolled his shoulders elegantly. ?There is nothing to share,? he murmured softly, his eyes staring straight ahead.

Oh... ow. Ow. [:D] for Nyota, for breaking through that emotional armor is NOT going to be an easy task.

A moment later I asked: ?How are you holding up??

He answered: ?As well as can be expected.?

?That's good to hear,? I whispered, tilting my head up to better see the Sphere we were orbiting.

?It's lovely,? I continued gently. ?I didn't think it would be so . . . but it is.?

?It is -- acceptable,? he remarked.

?Over the top?? I questioned.

?Fitting,? he finally settled on.

?Fascinating??

?Most decidedly so,? he agreed and felt my silent laughter.

I think this was my favorite part (and then you out-did yourself with the proposal). Simple, eloquent, opening of lines of communication... and the start of some serious couple time!

Well done and wonderful entry. :)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you for the great comments. @};-

:)

Entry #21

Ah! The consolation my darling love was able to give to me not long after the events just chronicled still fills me with gratitude and love.

My parents were at a diplomatic conference trying to settle a very volatile situation between two militantly hostile sectors. One of the factions was notorious for "sneaking in with inflammable devices" concealed as innocuous items, even to a deep molecular scan. The Security Forces were trying to work around it but as usually happened, the criminal element was way ahead on the technology front. One of the radicals passed through the various security screens and took a couple of wild shots at the delegates; my father was hit, not fatally, but he had to be rushed to emergency surgery.

I was in the middle of dicy negotiations requiring all my skills at reading verbal and nonverbal cues. Two sectors on the edge of Federation space nearest the Klingon Empire was debating allying with the UFP while also trying to settle a century-long dispute by arranging a political marriage between the two most prominent rulers. I was leading the away team with a couple auxiliary staff - computer trail tracers and the mandatory Security detail.

During a break in the heated discussion, I checked mine and the others' computer scans. Yes, there had been a covert and scrambled transmission. I traced it and logged it and printed out a hard copy. As soon as the proceedings were set to begin, I sought permission from the Moderator to present my conclusions.

"Delegate Warrell from the Telgonian Sector is sending covert communications offworld. He is leaking private information and itemized points of negotiation, no doubt for the purposes of sabotage. I have the proof right here."

I handed the datacard to the Moderator who slid it into his data reader. It came up on all the screens around the table, even as Delegate Warrell spluttered and fumed.

The Moderator called for order, as the meeting threatened to deteriorate into a mutual round of accusations.

He thanked me for my assistance, and I was dismissed for the present.

I left and went out to an atrium where I checked my personal messages.

It was then that I got a real-time message capsule from my sister. She concluded: "We debated whether or not to tell you ... but Mom called in some favors to be able to send you this in real-time. We figured you'd be even more upset if you found out after the fact." Her eyes were haunted. "It was a neural taser. The doctors are doing exploratory and preventative surgery now. They don't think there's been permanent or extensive damage. Dad was caught in the crossfire and not at too close range, thankfully!! I'll let you know as soon as we hear anything, of course."

When I was called back into the conference, Warrell had been taken in by the authorities to be held over for trial. The negotiations went along more smoothly now that the double agent was not there to object to every proposition or legitimate concern or suggestion. My practical assistance earlier weighed heavily in favor of an official alliance.

I had a hard time concentrating on the proceedings, but I was able to keep focused somehow, even though my stomach was all in a knot. I knew that it was necessary for me to do so, if for no other reason than to make a full and accurate report later.

With the successful conclusion of the talks and only the final touches to the "paper work", our team returned to the Enterprise and I escaped to the peace and quiet of my own quarters where I hastily sent in a preliminary report with an addendum that a more detailed one would follow.

The Captain, knowing that I'd gotten a serious comm message from home (from Janice who'd been handling my bridge duty), sent a quick reply that it could wait until later that evening or early the next morning.

I replied with genuine thanks and sank onto the sofa with Rum punch in my hand. The sweet fruity coolness was very refreshing. I frowned a

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Another good update. I was beginning to wonder where you were going with the adoption by Kashore and Dajan and if they would eventually get Nyota and Spock to babysit or even adopt themselves.

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, I'm glad Spock could cheer her up :)

13. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    So sweet. You are really hitting a wonderful stride as a writer!

The part about remembering and letting go (second to last post) was really touching. It's so hard to say goodbye sometimes. At least Spock has someone who understands.

=D=

14. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I absolutely adore this:

"They are completely irrelevant and should not even enter your mind, as they certainly are not worthy of even a fleeting thought in mine."

"I assure you that Vulcans do not experience jealousy." He replied staunchly, even as the frost dissipated.

Of course not. :p

I still have two more posts to read but I have to head off to work. I'll get to them tonight! [:D]

Loved jealous Spock, by the way. [face_mischief]

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I realy enjoyed this post for a few reasons. :) First, we got to see Nyota kicking butt in her playing field? Beating the badguys at their own game? Priceless. Secondly, I liked seeing Spock being a support and rock for Nyota to lean on. All to often it is easier to focus on the reverse situation - but here, a balanced and lovely relationship fully fleshed out for us to see. And third, I liked the further glimpse of Nyota's family we've had. You'vre really taken Kashore's character and ran with it, and my heart was in my throat when Moumbwa was sick. :(

And then the end . . .

Oh yeah, I'm a happy fangirl. [face_love]

When my glance moved to that of my parents, my easy and contented mood fled. He immediately sensed the change and cupped my face tenderly, initiating a light melding and easing away my anxieties and filling me with calm warmth.

I basked in the wonder, as always, and reached back with love.

The man didn't even need to ask. He just knew. And that was perfect . . . Soft writing and gentle feelings. Very nice. =D=

It was only then that I noticed the bud vase he had placed on the side table next to the sofa. (Doubtlessly, I?d been too distracted at first and then his consoling touch had filled my mind and senses.) Violet blooms nestled within. Usually, he gave me a bouquet from whatever world we were visiting, but these looked like some of Yolette's prized hybrids.

The Babel blooms!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!! [face_love] [face_dancing]

And now you've done it, I'm a complete pile of goo. ;)

[face_love]

[face_dancing]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

16. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Wow. The first post was very good. You did a great job with the emotions in that one. I loved the earings though. I was a little dissapointed it wasn't a ring but maybe later. ;)

I liked the scene with the blonde as well. It made me laugh.

The second post was written very well. Loved how Spock is always able to cheer her up.

KIU!

17. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Spock, Sulu... basketball discussion? Awesomeness, even if we didn't get to 'see' them talk about it.

"Thank you. What would I do without you?"

"Nyota," He answered wryly, "That has to be one of the most rhetorical questions I have ever heard."

Here's hoping we never ever find out...

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely update with so many revelations=D==D=

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX ? hi!!!! In my ?Ever Yours? series, Kashore and Dajan become foster parents to families in crisis and this rewarding, enriching experience leads them to consider adopting/providing a family permanently. (They have two biological children already) In my Love Songs Roulette response, ?With None but You? Nyota and Spock have a daughter named Khio?ri. :D And when available, I?m definitely sure Nyota would love to be ?Auntie? LOL

Nat ? and what an adorable pick me upper he is too [face_love]

Diva ? hi!!! Thanks for the sweet review. @};- I think I?ve found my writing spot ? right here.
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Ceil -- Hi!! Love that bit you quoted. :D Jealous Spock is ... endearing -- of course, he's endearing any which way. [face_melts into bucket] Best thing since lobster sushi!!! =P~ Huggles!!!!

Kelly -- yeah the ring's coming up and it will be squeelicious!

Daena -- basketball rocks in all 'verses! :D Nope, we won't ever have to find out -- it's one of those splendiferous questions you ask like: What if the sun didn't come up tomorrow? Because you know it will. Happy blisses!

A/N #2: RX_Sith is doing a ST 2009 revamp of the TOS episodes -- :cool: [face_dancing]

Entry #22

We were poised above a desolate world where odd time anomalies seemed to be interacting with the subspace bands most bewilderingly. This intriguing conundrum had Spock and I working closely together. Our frequent glances spoke of our pleasure at this and our enthrallment in the mysterious scientific puzzle.

McCoy was on the bridge, giving Mr. Bradley a shot to stave off a pending migraine. As he was about to return the hypo device to its housing, it misfired - and a hundred times the lethal amount of the drug was pumped into his bloodstream in a split second!

With a panic-stricken, incoherent cry, the surgeon fled the bridge.

Within minutes, Captain Kirk had the entire ship alerted. The library files on Imatrex said that at such massive dosages, paranoia was a frequent result?but McCoy knew the ship too well to be retaken.

By the time a search was organized, he had reached the transporter room and beamed himself down to the planet below. The transporter chief had been monitoring the time disturbance, and the settings had not been changed.

McCoy could be in the middle of anything, so the Captain wasted no time. The landing party included Kirk, Spock, Scott, Mr. Bradley, and I.

We materialized in the midst of extensive ancient ruins. Much of it was mounds of dust, but there were enough scattered sections of broken wall and piled stone to provide hiding places for McCoy.

This planet was frigid, as a burnt-out sun put out a permanent, silvery twilight. The ruins extended past the horizon?a city of tremendous size?but there could have been no life in it for ten thousand centuries.

In the midst of the desolation, we were instantly struck in amazement by one object, polished like new.

It was a large, octagonal mirror. Its framed, cloudy surface was nebulous, shifting. Whatever it was, it gleamed, untarnished, agelessly new.

A cube, also untarnished but half-buried in dust and rubble, sat beside it.

Spock aimed his tricorder at it. ?Whatever that is,? Kirk said crisply, ?make it the center of our search pattern. Fan out.?

We separated quickly?all but Spock, who was drawing closer to the shining object instead. I moved away but kept them in range as I searched and kept my communicator on to give and receive a running commentary from the Acting Captain.

Spock exclaimed, ?Unbelievable! This one, single object is the source of all the time displacement we detected out in space. I do not understand where it gets the power, or how it applies it. It cannot be a machine, not in any sense that we understand the term..."

Kirk eyed the object. ?Then what is it??

At once, the dead air was stirred by a heavy hum; and then a resonant, vibrantly throbbing voice spoke from the object itself. ?A . . . question,? the voice said. ?A question. Since before

20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautiful extension to the ending with Nyota's feelings and fears conveyed in the purest of emotions; love. [face_love]

Congratulations on your story winning some of the categories in the NSWFF Award ceremony. =D=

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty, this was a blast to read for more reasons than one. One - this episode was amazing way back when, and now with a mushy spin to it - yeah, I'm in raptures. Two, the one thing I always did found lacking in TOS was the emotional developement. While there were angsty situations apleanty, the aftereffects of those emotions were never really drawn out and built upon - the writers had too much else to do. lol! ;)

Here, Nyota's worry and hope and the odds against them made a potent cocktail to read. A particularly strong bit of writing:

In those moments suspended between the time that was, the time that might or might not return, I thought of my lost family and friends, and the untold trillions of lives snuffed out. I couldn't wrap my mind around it, not at all!! I could still feel Spock's presence in the innermost recesses of my consciousness, but the link was attenuated through time and space, and there was an aching burning question under-running it all: Would they be successful? Would our time be restored?

- like that, really got me. I read that part a few times to let it sink in properaly, and it gave me goosebumps. :)

And then:

?Knowing that the Enterprise crew's very existence (as we knew it) depended upon his choice helped him in the end, as did considering all of the trillions whose literal futures would be undone by choosing to save one person, even one of inestimable value; however, the circumstances of restoring the proper timestream warranted the sacrifice.? Spock?s gaze was reflective. ?But when one?s emotions are involved, the needs of the many might come to seem irrelevant. It is fortunate that in this case they did not.?

Was a perfect blend of logic, and Spock thinking with his heart. It's a hard balance to find sometimes but here it was used brilliantly.

Really, wonderful job with this entry!!

[:D]

EDIT: Oh, and congrats on the votes!! You deserved every last one of them!! [:D]

~MJ @};-

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely to see City on edge of forever coming to life through Uhura's words. It was one of my favorite episodes on TOS

A great entry and again congrats on winning=D==D==D=

23. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Great episode, an a terrific re-telling of it.

It adds a whole new poignancy to the episode when you add Nyota and Spock's relationship. The sacrifice they make, not knowing if Spock will return -- that's dedication and duty.

Beautifully done![:D]

24. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    RX_Sith is doing a ST 2009 revamp of the TOS episodes

Awesomesause.

The library files on Imatrex said that at such massive dosages, paranoia was a frequent result[

So... instead of dealing with a migraine like it's supposed to, it makes a person 8-} [face_worried] 8-} (Or... wait... this is Imatrex, not Imitrex...)

?I see no reason for answers to be presented in cryptic riddles.?

He hasn't yet met the computer for whom the meaning of life computes out to 42...

/Oh, please, do return to me, my love./ I prayed.

/Always, my Imzadi./

Awwwww... [face_love]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the stellar comments @};-

_______

A/N ? Twist on Trouble with Tribbles
    Entry #23

Lands, but if I ever see another tribble...

Someone will probably shoot me.

I'm only half kidding.

We were called by an A-1 distress call to Station K-7, orbiting a world named Sherman's Planet disputed hotly by the Federation and Klingons. Whichever side could prove their case would be awarded rights to it.

While there, we ran into the 23rd century version of a snake oil salesman, named Cyrano Jones. He did have some adorable little petlings called tribbles. They cooed or was it a purr? It was halfway between a kitten purring and a dove cooing. Its fur was soft and warm.

I couldn't resist one, so I bought one. Spock said he was totally immune to their soothing purr, but I just smirked at him. Out of deference to his wishes, I kept it out of the common area of the quarters we shared, but rather in a corner of my work lab.

Within the span of a day, the one I'd bought was pregnant and had had a score of babies. They were overriding the ship!!!
    In the interim,, a Klingon cruiser arrived. They had to be allowed on station. The captain assigned one security guard to supervise each party of 12 Klingons, max.

The captain, needless to say was beside himself about the tribbles multiplying and getting into every nook and crevice. I said that Mr. Jones had pitched them as the only love money can actually buy. But even I was getting frazzled; every time one turned around, a half dozen more seemed to have popped onto the scene; and half a day later was pregnant! Then the tribbles overran the station and got into the grain shipment!! This grain was called quaditrocale, hearty and essential for famine-stricken worlds.

That really caused a dust-up with the Klingon commander, kolloth by name and the station chief, Mr. Barris. The tribbles got sick off the grain, proving it was infected by a virus in lieu of being poisoned. That and their reaction to Assistant Darvin exposed him as a Klingon agent, since tribbles had an uncanny aversion to all Klingons. The station personnel were in one big dilemma.

Mr. Jones had to clean off the tribbles from the station as a judiciary sentence for transporting animals that could pose a danger.

When all this was settled to everyone's satisfaction, it was a great relief to find every tribble actually gone! "You didn't beam into space?" Kirk asked, aghast.
    Mr. Scott had instead beamed every single tribble to the Klingons' engine room. "Let's hope their tribbles will be big ones." he'd quipped.
    We had a great chuckle over that one!!

(Yolette confessed to me that she tweaked the settings to shoot them through with even more speed and precision.)

Spock asked me to promise to think twice before getting another "pet." I laughed at his expression and pretended to act like I was thinking about it.

We were in the whirlpool and he was across from me, but when he saw me hesitate, he reached and grabbed my left foot and started to tickle, knowing I?d cave.

?Okay,? I laughed, ?I promise!?

Feeling I wouldn't mind being a bit closer, I moved to the spot adjacent to his.

Agreeing definitely came easily. I wasn't actually deprived in the love department, but the tribbles had attracted the part of me that likes small and cuddly. A friend of mine once said pets were surrogates for babies. I didn't know about that one... but it got me thinking about having a wee sprite, as Sherralyn calls them... and of course, that got me thinking about other things, (which led to other pleasant pastimes?complete with lavender bubble bath added to the bubbly water), and before you knew it, I couldn't have spelled the word "tribble" let alone tell you what it was!

++++

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.