main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Cherished Moments - Then, Now, and Always 2010 Diary: Entry 28, 12-13-10, complete!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    my my did that post bring a smile to my face.

Tribbles and Klingons?!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

And of course her train of thought at the end... Squee![face_love] Little Spock/Nyota!!!

Love it!

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    saw again playing that episode in my mind. It was hilarious and her thoughts after that with Spock in the bubble bath[face_love]

Loved it=D=:)

3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Another amusing and funny extension to probably the funniest episode in TOS. Pets become a part of our lives and then children; but when they are both combined, then the children have pets that they can enjoy as well.

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I love tribbles. How can you not love tribbles? They're cute and cuddly and they purr like kittens. And I don't like cats so tribbles are perfect.
    If you only have to pet them and then leave them far away, of course. :p

I loved the tribbles episode. Even more when the DS9 crew got involved. Oh yeah -- Bashir flirting with his great-grandmother. Hilarious, I swear.

Anyway, wonderful post!
    I guess Nyota won't be buying any more pets any time soon.

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh my, that was just fun to read!! [face_laugh]

Tribbles always are. ;)

I adored seeing this episode through her eyes, but my most favorite part was:

A friend of mine once said pets were surrogates for babies. I didn't know about that one... but it got me thinking about having a wee sprite, as Sherralyn calls them... and of course, that got me thinking about other things, (which led to other pleasant pastimes?complete with lavender bubble bath added to the bubbly water), and before you knew it, I couldn't have spelled the word "tribble" let alone tell you what it was!

Have I ever told you you can mush-i-fy anything? :p It is a talent I bow to you for. [face_love] =D=

Beautiful!! [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Wheeee!!!! Tribbles!!!! [face_laugh]

Good entry. :) (Spock asking her to think twice about even so much as getting another pet... [face_laugh] )

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004

Interlude #2

Miranda wrote me long chatty letters about her work in Research and Development at the Psychosocial Institute in Tokyo. She ended one by asking if my "sexy darling" still thought I was as sweet as toffee chocolate.

I had cause to remember this during a spontaneous and unforgettable late-night incident and its scrumptious aftermath.

I was awakened really late - or ridiculously early -- by Spock's urgent grasp on my shoulder. I grumbled sleepily but he persisted.

"What could possibly be so --" I asked at last. I felt his eagerness and affection overflowing at our connection.

"There is something I wish for you to see." He replied.

"Now?" I queried, incredulously.

I reached for a robe and made to follow.

"Your eyes must be closed." He instructed.

Intrigued by this side of him, I acquiesced.

"Where are you taking me, Spock?" I asked with a low laugh as he led me through the deserted halls.

"You shall see. All right ... you can open your eyes now."

I gasped in wonderment!! We were on an observation deck. The gorgeous irridescent pluming tail of a comet was visible outside the viewport in a rainbow of radiant colors.

"It is absolutely stunning!" I breathed.

"Yes, quite." Spock agreed, even while his gaze rested only upon me, bathed as I was in starlight and gold.

As the dazzling swirls and patterns faded, I was struck by several things: that only he could awaken me at such an hour without receiving a tongue-lashing; that he would share such an awe-inspiring panorama with me; and that he found me more resplendent than that beautiful sight.

"Thank you for bringing me here." I said quietly, hugging him tightly.

When we lay entwined once more, he said: "There are a few hours until breakfast, Nyota. If you need to sleep in, I can ..."

I leaned over him, and My hair curtained us in shimmering richness.

I favored him with a mock scowl. "Oh no! You spoiled any chance for getting any more sleep!" Then I grinned and trailed kisses from his brows to his welcoming lips and murmured softly in between: "My sweet embraceable you ... you're all mine, every luscious inch!"

One of his hands held my waist firmly as he tickled me with the other. He rolled us both over and started to lavish burning kisses from the low cut of my lilac negligee, to my throat, my lips, and to my blissfully closed eyes.

No one born in all the worlds could pleasure me as he did, and always does, I thought. Nor would it occur to them to try. I caught his adoring delight in me from two sources: his passionate touch and his devoted thoughts.

It was then that Miranda's quip occurred to me. I stifled a laugh as I asked:

/Admit it, my heart. You find me as sweet as toffee chocolate./

/No, my ashal-veh, I do not./ He responded, nibbling the sensitive spot behind my right ear. /As a matter of fact, you are sweeter./

Then all rational thought left both of us for the duration of the night.

During breakfast, I told him that if he ever had the notion of rousing me for another such occasion -- and the delicious follow-up -- he was more than welcome to. Frequently.

+++++++

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004

As the dazzling swirls and patterns faded, I was struck by several things: that only he could awaken me at such an hour without receiving a tongue-lashing; that he would share such an awe-inspiring panorama with me; and that he found me more resplendent than that beautiful sight.

Um, can I melt now? :p

This was a beautiful follow-up and expansion on that scene! It was adorable and light and fun, and great - now I'm a mess of melted goo all over my keyboard again. [face_love]

Toffee chocholate, indeed! [face_laugh]

Frequently . . . [face_whistling]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    hmmmm melting like sweet chocolate after reading this sweet and delicious update=D==D=

10. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    To frequent, loving adventures... [face_love]

Good entry, Jade_eyes. :)

11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    "Yes, quite." Spock agreed, even while his gaze rested only upon me, bathed as I was in starlight and gold.

As the dazzling swirls and patterns faded, I was struck by several things: that only he could awaken me at such an hour without receiving a tongue-lashing; that he would share such an awe-inspiring panorama with me; and that he found me more resplendent than that beautiful sight

I could picture this so vividly. Wonderful imagery, Jade_Eyes. These two are such soulmates, and you capture it perfectly.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    oh thank you! Coming from one who is so gifted with setting the vivid scene, I'm honored. :* @};-

oh yes they are soulmates and I'm still stoked about it.

[face_dancing]

Will be until I'm pushing up daisies I expect.

[face_love]
    [face_love]

13. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    /Admit it, my heart. You find me as sweet as toffee chocolate./

/No, my ashal-veh, I do not./ He responded, nibbling the sensitive spot behind my right ear. /As a matter of fact, you are sweeter./
    [face_love] [face_love]

I finally caught up again. Loving this story I can't wait for more :)

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, he's so sweet!! I love that he woke her up to see the comet [face_love]

And the toffee chocolate thing has given me candy cravings 8-}

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I know that's right about chocolate. :)

And Spock gives me another kind of craving =P~

Yuppers, a very hetero-crushing kind of craving [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

[face_love]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: Thanks for the invaluable suggestions of Kailene, which put this way over the top!!

Hugs!!!

All My Tomorrows is by Kenny Lattimore. =P~
    ~~~~~~~

Entry #24

Now comes the recalling of an event which still melts my heart as completely as if it happened yesterday!!

On a world of golden beaches, forested mountains, and crystal clear rivers, I received an unforgettable, tangible, and lovely proof of a love even dearer still.

In a letter, I told Sherralyn elatedly of the day's start:

"We went for a lovely picnic beside a crystal clear lake. I was thrilled to see we could rent a gondola for a ride across the lake!! I teased my dear one not to tickle me senselessly like the last time we were in a boat, and the thing actually capsized!! He promised and I grinned. The view of the forested foothills was breathtaking. We returned to our villa-styled bungalow at sun's setting. Little did I know what awaited me there!"

Candles were placed in glistening wall sconces around the living area and dining areas, bathing the room in a tranquil, welcoming glow. Soft music was playing in the background.

Running along one wall was a floor to ceiling window, flanked by an exit leading out to a private veranda.

A small table, intimately set for two, was situated just along the wall.

A bottle of wine, already chilling in a bucket of ice, sat beside it, courtesy of the concierge staff. I was very delighted to see they'd included a complementary basket attractively arranged and filled with fresh in-season berries, chocolate with berry fillings or top-of-the-line liqueurs, and lovely flowers tucked strategically into the treats basket.

And, oh yes! There was a large fireplace with a fire already crackling within. The evenings here were cool still, even this far into spring with sweetly balmy days. A thickly plush rug was placed conveniently before it.

The high-vaulted ceiling gave the rooms a large, open feel, while the soft shades of blues and yellows, interspersed with the wood tones throughout created a cozy and romantic atmosphere.

I grabbed the basket of treats and settled before the fire.

I grinned and selected a plump berry. I said: "Want a bite? It's better if you close your eyes."

He obliged, although I could feel his tender amusement through our connection.

"Isn't it delicious!?" I said, sampling one of my own.

"Here, Nyota. Let me offer you one, please." Spock suggested, getting into the spirit of it all, much to my delight. He offered me a liqueur filled chocolate treat -- this one had the sweet tang of a rummy flavor with a strong touch of caramel.

"Oh!" I said, enraptured. "That one's my favorite!"

We continued feasting on the delectables for a few more moments, interspersed with even tastier kisses. I surveyed the basket ruefully and chuckled. "Well, my BMI probably went up by a good percentage point or two. But it was worth it. Even if calories are nothing but sneaky little terrorists." I winked.

I was about to return the basket to the table, when he reached a hand to clasp the curved handle. "Wait."

I remarked: "I'm sure there's none left."

"There's one more item I had secured in there."

He drew out an elegant, slim box which I had quite missed, nestled as it was between the cluster of gorgeously colored seasonal flowers which decorated the edges in a lovely arrangement.

I gasped as I opened the catch. Tucked in beautiful black velvet was the most gorgeous ring I'd ever seen! Made of a cluster of miniature Andian firestones ... the band itself was of a radiant golden hue. My eyes locked with his in a beautiful surmise.

"Is it -- is this --"

He gave a brief nod before laying his hand gently over mine as it held the box--stroking my fingers lightly. "I had it on special order. Jim offered his opinion on the subject -- that it was "high time" that I gave you something official in proof of our betrothal."

I laughed. "He's one to talk." I teased. "It's absolutely breathtaking!"

I selected a lovely, perfe

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    This is so sweet. A ring for Uhura and accompanied by a song=D= They are meant for each other.:*

Edited[face_blush]

18. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Beautiful setting and a truly romantic proposal.

19. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Whoo hoo! She got a ring! YAY! How utterly romantic. [face_love]

20. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    And... Tribbles again!

Good entry. :)

21. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Superb pieces.

@};-

22. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    I think I can be forgiven for reviewing the wrong entry a second time. (Bad week. Shall not be delving into just what was so bad about it.)

That said... Awwwwww!!!! Loved this one set to a song!!! [face_love]

Good entry. :)

23. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Even if calories are nothing but sneaky little terrorists." I winked.

This sounds familiar. [face_thinking] :p

"It's a special property of the metal." He explained softly, his beautiful eyes locked with mine. "It becomes imbued with the sentiments of the giver."

Oooh, a mood ring. I had one of those once. Fortunately, it never really worked. :p

He proposed to her! Yummy.

Wonderful updates!

=D=

24. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh dang... i didn't reply to this one either. Ugh!

Sooo Spock proposed... awww.

That was so sweet! I enjoy this as much as i enjoy your ficlets!!

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback

@};-

:)

A/N: Liz and Nyota are twins in insatiable passion, with cause =P~ and Kyp and Spock are tied for uber edibleness in protective mode. O:) O:) -- can you say touched by an angel? Yuppers, Jade can.

SQUEE!

~~~~

Entry #25
    Very soon after receiving my ring from Spock, I met trouble in the form of Security officer Ayes Reed.
    In retrospect, I shouldn't have been too surprised. But so much time had passed since the other officer was a true problem for me.

My first encounter with Ayes Reed had happened back at the Academy.
    While I had known a few flirts in those days ? boys being boys, and my ?hard to get? reputation had made that impossible not to experience - Ayes Reed was one that took the cake.
    Kirk, at the time, had been a nuisance ? a charming nuisance, but a nuisance nonetheless. But overall his overtures were playful, his persistence light and almost expected instead of truly predatory. Something inside Kirk would be almost disappointed if I gave into his advances, I knew ... Oddly enough, while I didn't completely understand the light and flirty Cadet, James T. Kirk was something that I had under control.
    Ayes Reed, on the other hand, was a different sort of persistent. The first time the Cadet had made insinuating overtures Gaila had warned me in a grave undertone of his propensity with women (a tip off, if ever there was one. While Gaila was free with her affections, she respected herself, and expected her men to do the same.) His remarks were light, but there was something about his eyes. They were dark, and not in the way I had come to admire ... He had beetle eyes. Sly, calculating ... arrogant.
    His face was handsome, but his whole manner made me feel -- dirty. Like he was devouring me with just words and glances.
    I was mystified where he could possibly think he was getting with me: he had to know it wasn't far.
    Yes, I could tell said cadet what I could and would do with parts of him that he valued in a dozen tongues; but, thick skulls being hard as granite ...
    One evening, this point was driven home in a catastrophic fashion.
    I remembered that I had felt beautiful at the moment, clad in a dress just a shade darker than the richest Merlot. The material shone without being gaudy and dipped and clung without being too risque. Coupled with yet another raid on Gaila's infamous storage of shoes and hair swept up in ringlets to let the long expanse of my neck free to gaze upon by eyes I treasured ... yes, I was perfectly put together, and I walked like I knew it.
    Spock and I had dined at an Indian restaurant outside of the city ? one of the first restaurants I had been able to tempt Spock into trying human food at, back when I had just been his TA.

The evening was another successful outing in a long line of happy occasions, and we talked and held hands under the table long past the time our server had collected the payment chip.

I had to fight the urge to dance giddily back to my dorm.
    It was only minutes before curfew, and the campus ground was deserted. It was the week of midterms, and any serious cadet would be inside studying. Because it was early enough and the lights and burgeoning stars provided illumination as well, I felt safe enough keeping to the much-frequented paths.

I stayed to the edge of the walkways, between the dorm housing, a song on my tongue as I relived my evening in my mind. So great was her joy that she didn't notice when
    I gasped when I realized someone was following me! I darted a quick glance over my shoulder.
    My eyes had picked out the figure of a man, alone, and I hadn't thought much of it at the moment. His step echoed in time with mine, and when I stopped, his did as well.
    A raised brow, and a back-off glare over my shoulder had shown the man following me to be none other than Ayes Reed.
    I had narrowed my gaze even more upon seeing him, and had tried to infuse my walk with a confidence that I didn't completely feel.
    He spoke to me leeringly asking if I was out for a good time. A

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.